Style

BN Style Your Bump: Maky Benson Edition

It’s time for another edition of BN Style Your Bump, a series where BN Style looks into maternity style from different women to help inspire you! So far we have profiled Chrissy Teigen, Patricia Bright, Kourtney Kardashian and Tamera Mowryclick here to see them in all their glow and glory.

Today we’re featuring a stylish Nigerian who is also a BN Bride (click here to see the amazing wedding), Maky Benson. She’s a woman who wears many hats as a full time wife, a mother to her adorable son Micah, an energy analyst, a mummy blogger at www.makyscorner.com and soon to be author with a cookbook in the works called Micah’s Meals. We love her style because it’s a wide variety of trends and staples. She wears maternity staples like loose fitting tops and A-line dresses but she doesn’t shy away from form fitting clothes like bodycon dresses that flaunt the bump. Maky has rocked Nigerian traditional attire, trends like fringe and print on print and she still looks gorgeous in all her outfits.

Without further delay, we’ll start with her jackets
maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Maky Benson Maternity Style_2

Please just dash me this bag biko.

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Maky Benson Maternity Style_4

Still on separates, we love her choice of shirts and shorts.

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Maky Benson Maternity Style_5

Flaunting her legs in the shorts and creating waist definition with a knot on the base of the shirt makes the perfect outfit.

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 20.55.41

Love this print on print look on her. Great styling with the matching shoes and bag.

She also likes to wear big shirts and shirt dresses for a more casual look like the ones below

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 20.56.57

Love this look. Wish we could see the full thing but wearing ripped jeans with a big shirt like this is a great  way to balance volume in an outfit. A loose top and fitted ripped jeans a perfect together.

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 10.08.06

Here in a loose shirt dress and bare legs, the outfit creates balance, conceals the bump and flaunts her toned legs.

Now we’re moving on to her dresses.
From loose maxi dresses to bodycon dresses, Maky has each nails every look and I love all her dress choices.

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 21.03.23

This blue lace dress with layers on the skirt and a defined waist and the next white dress with cutouts on the hem are outfits from her early pregnancy days. She’s barely showing but they’re both very flattering on her and with these looks, you’d see she stayed true to her personal style with some other dress choices from her maternity style.

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 20.55.58 maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 20.56.05

With her son Micah, absolutely adorable!

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_IMG_7669

I like this white dress on her, it’s loose and simple. The V-neck helps expose her slim neck and the asymmetric hem flaunt her gorgeous legs. Ladies, don’t be afraid to wear heels when pregnant, ONLY if they are comfortable for you. Nude sandals like the one she has on here help elongate her legs making them look even slimmer.

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Maky Benson Maternity Style_1

Love these striped dresses. I WANT the maxi!

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 20.51.05 maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 20.54.58

This pink dress is another one of my favourites. Maky shows us how pregnant ladies turn up at weddings and she looks stunning. Such a pretty girl!

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 20.50.38

Here she’s wearing a bodycon maxi dress in navy blue. I feel that this dark colour helps to tone things down a bit as opposed to it being red or another vibrant colour and I love it on her.

And last is my absolute fave! Please how beautiful does she look as an #AsoebiBella?

maky benson bn style your bump bellanaija may2016_Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 20.56.35

This concludes this week’s edition of BN Style Your Bump. Maky has given us some really stylish looks the week, some suitable for winter and others for summer. She’s also given us two great looks for rocking your bump at a wedding, you all know how much we love weddings in Nigeria. Styling tips to remember some of which I gave in the BN Body Series, expose your slimmest parts and enhance your best features; know how to balance your outfit with loose and fitted pieces and you’ll be fine.

Hope you enjoyed this edition, look out for more!

Photo Credits: Maky Benson | @makybenson

1. mos

May 11, 2016 at 11:52 am

Effortlessly chic! Her son is sooo adorable

2. Ewa

May 11, 2016 at 12:07 pm

I love.. Simple and chic.

3. Ebony

May 11, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Ugh BN/Eki. We know where to find her if we want to see her. It’s not like she’s a celebrity.
    And before y’all start saying you didn’t have to open the link, it’s posts like these that make your feed too long to get through. I kept scrolling before I find real content and time & data are wasting away. After a while I just close the entire site altogether.
    Okay this rant isn’t directed at Maky Benson. Just used this post to express it, sorry.

4. Amy

May 11, 2016 at 12:12 pm

I love her!! her blog, her little foodie sessions, her style, the testimonies she shares, her relationship with God, I’m literally stalking her on socia… *cough* .
    Though I’ve never met her she sha inspires me from far in lots of ways. you go sister!?
    Praying for a safe delivery and a healthy happy baby sister for little Micah.

Did I mention we are namesakes? No? Okay, bye.

5. Anon

May 11, 2016 at 12:23 pm

Tres chic. Love everything except Yomi Benson’s corny True Religion jeans. I can see she has that shoulder bag in several colours.

Love these striped dresses. I WANT the maxi! – over to Zara. Something similar;
    zara.com/uk/en/woman/dresses/maxi/striped-dress-c400008p3479017.html

• TofuNation

May 11, 2016 at 1:18 pm

But why did you have to mention the jeans though? If you ‘love everything’?
      What if its not true religion?
      Aunty did we hask you ehn?
      Aunty did we tell you we didn’t see the bags?
      Sigh… I haff tire for people that just want to open mouth so people will know that they know or mentioning brands/stores so they sound fashion forward or well-to-do.

Come to think of it, you sound like someone i know, Chisom how far, na you be this??

Maky you have a beautiful family.. Carry go

• Anon

May 11, 2016 at 11:20 pm

What is this one saying?

6. Admirer

May 11, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Fab mom, i love love love everything! your son is just your hubby’s twin and y’all are cute

7. Mama Dammy

May 11, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Love her shoulder bags! where does she get them from? What’s the make?

• Lenny

May 11, 2016 at 2:58 pm

@Mama Dammy, she’s got loads of them shoulder bags on her Insta page. Which one do you want to know the make of?

She’s got Chanel, Chanel Boy, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Yves Saint Laurent, Gucci….are you still there? Or you’ve gone to jejely face Dammy?

8. Oj

May 11, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Her marriage seems so enjoyable
    Not just her’s but some other social media peeps
    But why is mine so hard and “no fun”
    God help me oh

• Fashionista

May 11, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Dear Oj,
      Everyone has their own journey to make, do not lose hope, just do your best and please do not look at anyones situation, just try to keep focused on yours. Best wishes.

• Kim

May 12, 2016 at 10:51 am

God will help you just hold on

• Profound

May 12, 2016 at 12:45 pm

Dear Oj, Sending you an e-Hug to start with 🙂

I want you to know that Social Media is a platform where people showcase their highlights. We all have peaks and troughs in life, so if you must compare, then compare like for like i.e compare her highlights to your highlights, and not her highlights to your regular daily life, otherwise you run the risk of comparing apples to oranges. Trust me, not even the best of marriages are 100% fun. We laugh, we cry, we play, we fight, but we never ever stop loving!

I wish you all the very best darling.. God bless.

9. Frida

May 11, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Yaay! I asked for it and I got it! I love Maky”s pregnancy style. Next up….pls feature Blake Lively. She’s pregnant again but LOVED her 1st pregnancy style.
    @ Ojy…..every marriage (even Maky’s I’m sure) have their rough patches…though some have it worse than others. Just face your front, paddle your canoe and pray for the best. Remember the grass is greener where you water it.

10. Adia

May 11, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Eki, I love these bump series. Abeg can you be asking the preggers ladies where they got their outfits? I am hustling over here trying to find asos outfits that will not break the bank. #helpapreggerssister

11. Idomagirl

May 12, 2016 at 9:34 am

Very classy and fashionable.
    I also love her blog, especially the testimonies people share. Really touching stories.

12. Asomoh

May 12, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Amaka always on point

13. Toese

May 13, 2016 at 12:00 am

Dear BN
    The next person to feature should be Stella Uzo (Jadore-Fashion) when she was pregnant.
    Google, her instagram and blog will help u

14. AJW

May 16, 2016 at 3:43 am

Absolutely beautiful! I just got a very similar white capsleeve dress at lilyboutique.com for less than $50. It also has cutout designs at the bottom. Looks almost identical!