Style

In Honour of Genevieve Nnaji’s 37th Birthday Today, BN Style looks back at her Red Carpet Style Moments

Association Of Movie Practitioners' Nollywood at 20 Event - November 2013 - BellaNaija099

Genevieve Nnaji at the Association Of Movie Practitioners’ Nollywood at 20 Event – November 2013

8. Genevieve Nnaji (1)

Genevieve Nnaji at the 2016 AMVCA awards wearing TopeFNR

To celebrate Genevieve Nnaji’s 37th birthday, BN Style takes a retrospective look at some of the superstar’s biggest red carpet moments in recent years.

From her widely talked about white long-sleeved dress with the plunging neckline she wore at the inaugural AMVCAs to the little green dress she wore to Naomi Campbell’s charity gala in 2011 to the stunning mustard floor length custom made Elvira Jude dress she wore to the 2015 AMVCAs, it’s no doubt that Genevieve’s iconic style has become a reference point in the Nigerian show business reason why we couldn’t think of a better stylish way to celebrate her.

Enjoy the sweetning joy of revisiting some of her most memorable style momets below.

Happy birthday Genny!!

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji at The Etisalat Prize For Literature event in a Nuraniya Skirt and Nicholas The Label blouse – 2016

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji in a Bridget Awosika long sleeved shirt at Dare’s Love Like A Movie 3

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji in Elvira Jude at the Lagos Premiere of Netflix’s Beast of No Nation

Genevieve Nnaji- Cast & Producer (Road to Yesterday)

Genevieve Nnaji in Hudayya Couture at the Abuja Private Screening of her movie Road To Yesterday

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji in a white Meena dress at the Lagos private screening of her movie Road To Yesterday

Genevieve-Nnaji-Road-To-Yesterday-Enugu-Premiere (5)

Genevieve Nnaji at the Enugu premiere of Road To Yesterday in Iconic Invanity

genevieve nnaji at Onyinye Onwugbenu & Bosah Chukwuogo Wedding April 2015 - 1

Genevieve Nnaji in David Meister at Onyi’s wedding

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji in a custom Elvira Jude floor length dress at the 2015 AMVCA

Genevieve-Nnaji-2014-AMVCA-March-2014-BellaNaija-02-399x600

Genevieve Nnaji in a custom made Lisa Folawiyo dress at the 2014 AMVCA awards

Genevieve Nnaji - BN Style - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

Genevieve Nnaji in a red satin Dolce & Gabbana strappless dress at a Dolce & Gabbana benefit gala

Genevieve Nnaji in Escada - April 2014 - BN Style - BellaNaija.com 03

Genevieve Nnaji at Etisalat’s private screening of Half of A Yellow Sun in an Escada dress

Half of a Yellow Sun Premiere in Lagos - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 028

Genevieve Nnaji in Lisa Folawiyo at the Half of a Yello Sun Premiere in Lagos

Genevieve Nnaji - September 2013 - BellaNaija

Genevieve Nnaji in a white Andrea Iyamah jumpsuit at the Toronto International Film Festival world premiere of Half of a Yellow Sun – September, 2013

Genevieve Nnaji - August 2013 - BellaNaija

Genevieve Nnaji at the launch of Ebony Life TV in this stunning Deola Sagoe dress

BlackBerry Z10 Launch Lagos - March 2013 - BellaNaija015

Genevieve Nnaji in the middle at the launch of Blackberry 10 in Lagos

Genevieve Nnaji in Bridget Awosika

Genevieve Nnaji in Bridget Awosika at the inaugural AMVCA awards – 2013

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji in April By Kunbi at the 2013 AMVCA awards

Genevieve Nnaji arrives at the Accra premiere of "Mirror Boy"

Genevieve Nnaji arrives at the Accra premiere of “Mirror Boy”

Gene

Genevieve Nnaji at Naomi Campbell’s charity event

Genevieve Nnaji in Zed-Eye & Jewel by Lisa

Genevieve Nnaji in Zed-Eye & Jewel by Lisa

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji

Richard Akuson is founder at The PR Boy a boutique media and press relations agency for fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands with a specialty in raising the overall awareness of a brand, product or image of a company or person. Richard is also a weekly columnist at Bellanaija.com ('On The Catwalk' and 'Collection Conversations'), he's also a party host at The Front Row and a vlogger at Get Pink with Richard . Want to reach out? Follow @richardakuson on Instagram and @richardakuson on Twitter or send an email to [email protected]

1. Tell me

May 3, 2016 at 1:07 am

My dear poster its really late at night or rather early in the morning so I understand maybe you posted this with heavy eyes? The Caption says “In Honour of Genevieve Nnaji’s Today, BN Style Brings You Some of Her Most Iconic Red Carpet Style Moments”.. Check it.. Sleep well

• Ify

May 3, 2016 at 3:46 am

ok na

• Wow

May 3, 2016 at 8:34 am

How is Genevieve only 37 and I am 30 and I started watching her when I was 17 or younger ?

• Miss

May 3, 2016 at 9:25 am

Perhaps, you aged too fast!!!

• Leah

May 3, 2016 at 9:40 am

Yaaaaaaaaaaawn!!!

You people with your age police behavior. She is 37! She started acting really young!

Don’t blame her for achieving greatness earlier than your limited vision allowed you to.

2. Teegirl

May 3, 2016 at 1:14 am

Happy birthday sweet one. You are my #1 ….

3. Choc!

May 3, 2016 at 1:14 am

One celebrity that her make up enhances her beauty not plastering another image on her face…. She’s indeed aging with grace, my all time favourite. One of the very few people (because i can’t refer to them as celebrities) that deserves to be referred to as a Celebrity. Happy Birthday Jenny!!!!!

4. Leah

May 3, 2016 at 1:32 am

Happy Birthday!

5. aikay

May 3, 2016 at 2:26 am

OMG!!!!! I have to type this comment by this time not minding how drowsy I am cos I was about to sleep wen I saw this post. Genny dear, my idol in all ramification, beauty, style, poise, etc..You are indeed a rare gem and I will never stop singing ur praise cos u are truly an icon. You will conquer the world one day and I will be here to cheer you on. HBD QUEEN GENNY, The undisputed QUEEN of Nollywood!!!!!!!!

6. Linda

May 3, 2016 at 2:45 am

Just finished watching her on half of a yellow sun, she exudes class. Private life stays private, no need to sell it as a reality media show. How I wish others could take a leaf from her book and show some dignity. But then again Genevieve is able to make a profit from her talent alone, some other so called celebrities got to put the private lives of their entire family on show too just to pay bills. Not mentioning names. Happy birthday lady.

7. Tina

May 3, 2016 at 2:47 am

Ageless beauty

8. Hmmm...

May 3, 2016 at 2:53 am

So you mean to tell me all this time she’s only 7 years older than me? I don’t know what I’ve done with my life.

9. Make Profit

May 3, 2016 at 3:55 am

Make profit from her talent alone? Even as a commenter you should try and fact check. Happy birthday Genevieve

• Make Profit

May 3, 2016 at 3:55 am

Re: Linda’s comment

10. TayJay

May 3, 2016 at 4:23 am

My classy Genny…ageless queen ….happy birthday gal!! WuLLnp

11. Loy

May 3, 2016 at 5:23 am

Hey hey wake up, it’s 3rd of may. Happy happybirthday girl, i can’t believe u have turned 37. U look so young, wishing u many more years and all the best, from malawi

12. Ok

May 3, 2016 at 6:38 am

@Linda,after the disappointment of giving birth early,she was able to trace back herself,that helped in part,no body like to sell there stories,but often things happen.Adults have the right to either talk or not.We know some of there stories too,so no holier than thou please.

13. Zabby

May 3, 2016 at 7:18 am

What I’ve noticed about this diva is that, she keeps her fashion simple and classy….. Genny is beautiful.

14. Lucinda

May 3, 2016 at 7:38 am

I’m here to read comments from the age doubters association. Some bitter person will come now and say she’s 57, like they always do. Happy birthday Genevieve darling.

• Positivity rocks

May 3, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Why are you here to read that? Why not come to read positive comments from others who admire her as you do? Anyway, I hope that you’re not disappointed that most of the comments have been positive and very few have been about her age.

15. Cookie's coat

May 3, 2016 at 7:45 am

I love me some Genny.Happy birthday girl

16. MIMI

May 3, 2016 at 7:58 am

HAPPY B.DAY the most natural beautiful woman in Nigeria. I wish a happy long and healthy life…. with lots of success along your way. God bless u… sweetheart.

17. mabel

May 3, 2016 at 7:58 am

Happy birthday Genny. God bless you always. Beautiful woman.

18. Micky

May 3, 2016 at 8:20 am

Queen Genevieve!!! Happy birthday Genevieve. We love you. #slaynevieve

19. Sai sai

May 3, 2016 at 8:45 am

Genny you are the true celebrity…I totally love you..your skin is so lovely, I respect you more for not following the trend of bleaching..
    Happy birthday Genny!
    God bless us all

20. Zayneerb

May 3, 2016 at 8:46 am

Happy birthday aunty Genevieve( in jenifa’s voice)

21. keke driver

May 3, 2016 at 8:54 am

SHE’S A VISION.

22. chinedu Arinze

May 3, 2016 at 8:59 am

wow! what can I say? I can remember watching you in the movie “IJELE” and having my first crushes on that wonderful and inventive character, now I’ve gotten to see you in the bigger picture, and once again I find that your charm and wit shines through always making me smile! I know it’s early, but I hope you have an incredible birthday @genevievennaji and look forward to many more?????

23. Steven Chuks

May 3, 2016 at 9:14 am

She’s just a queen! So much class and re invention!!! Happy birthday king G

24. Walter

May 3, 2016 at 9:20 am

Style star. Ageless beauty. Awesome talent.
    Prospering with each passing year.

25. mena

May 3, 2016 at 9:33 am

Happy birthday to a woman who has worked hard to earn the respect of millions around the world, be true to ur profession n master the craft + have grace n God on ur side . Thats genevieve for u. Happy birthday genevieve #slaynevieve

26. emelia codjoe

May 3, 2016 at 9:51 am

happy birthday a beautiful and classy woman always adore your style of life you a true row model. wish you God’s blessings protection
    in all your endeavors in the years to come.

27. sista

May 3, 2016 at 9:53 am

…my one and only Sharon de Stone.
    Happy Birthday. wishing you long and healthy life

28. Prince

May 3, 2016 at 9:55 am

Nice pics, I love the Onyi’s wedding own. she looks super gorgeous there. Happy Birthday Genny of lyf

29. squad

May 3, 2016 at 10:19 am

Iconic ke? Naah nigerian celebs need to do better. Go and check out SA female celebrities…my God. Im yet to see any iconic slayage in nigeria. Happy birthday genevieve…u re blessed!

30. Laila

May 3, 2016 at 10:20 am

Talk about a classy lady! You are Nigeria’s Sophia Loren,flying the flag for beautiful dark skinned ladies. Happy Birthday.

31. FINN

May 3, 2016 at 10:27 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE QUEEN HERSELF. THANKS FOR LIGHTING UP OUR SCREENS. THANKS FOR BEING YOUR ELEGANT SELF AND FOR ALWAYS REDEFINING WHAT THE NEW COOL IS. WE LOVE YOU WARTS AND ALL.

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY GENEVIEVE. #SLAYNEVIEVE

32. STARGAZER

May 3, 2016 at 10:27 am

“This name has the best game among Naijas finest divas. Same as always in any timeframe. Her flame sees no shame no matter the aim. Please let us put her in our lovely hall of fame”

33. Dhorkhie

May 3, 2016 at 10:28 am

There are numerous reasons why I adore this woman. The only TV personality whose story I can relate to on all levels.. The one person whose eyes I stare into in a pic and see a touchy story and tear up. One of God’s blessings in my life that I count twice in thanksgiving. I’m forever grateful to God that you exist in my generation, for blessing you with a loving and supportive family, an undeniable talent, grace, charisma, and surrounding you with loyal friends & FANILY. It is my prayer this day that the good Lord continues to fill your heart with unexplainable joy, surround you with unending love, perfect health and may he continue to be fill your cheeks with laughter. I also wish you many more victorious and peaceful years. Happy birthday my love! I love, love, love you even in your imperfections ?????… enjoy!

34. Puzzles

May 3, 2016 at 10:34 am

I want her clothes!!!!!! The whites especially!!!!

35. jays girl

May 3, 2016 at 11:01 am

How come shes always 37 She never gets pass 37. anyways happy birthday to her. i know shes not 37 same age with Rita Dominic. God blee her new age

• tobi

May 3, 2016 at 4:02 pm

init, but she don’t look a day over 21 though, nah ain’t that a killer.

36. patsychy

May 3, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Genny the only beautifully inside and out lady I know…..Classy and Ageless like Jennifer Lopez…Although I know this is ur entertainment age….I still love u scatter…..Happy birthday Jewel of Africa.

• george

May 3, 2016 at 2:49 pm

if ur an underachiever pls tell us and stop using sarcasm

37. Amh

May 3, 2016 at 3:27 pm

She’s gorgeous for a 47 year old. Simple and chic . happy birthday beautiful one.

38. maame k

May 3, 2016 at 3:45 pm

And my colleague was arguing with me that Queen Jenny cant dress well enough comparing her to “others” i laughed my head off….as if she dresses well to the office sef lol…..happy happy birthday to our favourite…May borns are special…you are indeed ageing gracefully…..may God protect you always ,,,

39. ATL's finest

May 3, 2016 at 4:20 pm

HBD Genny the slayer!!! Always put together like my boo Rita Dominic.

40. Mara

May 3, 2016 at 4:29 pm

A beautiful and classy lady. Happy Birthday to Genevieve.

41. Daniel

May 3, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Wooooooow…… Happy birthday to Africa’s most celebrated actress of all times… Ur simplicity, intelligence, carriage and maturity makes u to stand out amongst million others… Hbd my inspiration, Genevieve nnaji.

42. Nnenna

May 3, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Happy Birthday Genny! Greater height dear. I love you. I wish you more blessing and success in life

43. Meekness

May 3, 2016 at 8:58 pm

My role model you always my no one anyday anytime, happy birthday Queen genny

44. CHIDIMMA

May 3, 2016 at 9:55 pm

To my aunty G,I pray 4 ur continuous endowment nd I’m wishing u a blissful birthday. Wish to dine with u someday.

45. bright

May 4, 2016 at 7:03 pm

happy birthday my love

46. Osasodia1

May 4, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Happy Birthday Genny. #GennyRocks!!!

47. ebenezer codjoe

May 5, 2016 at 3:11 pm

sexy outfit

48. CeeeJay

May 6, 2016 at 11:27 am

You are 7 years her junior. She started acting professionally at the age of 19, u were 12 then, so it’s not surprising for u to have seen her when u were 17 or younger!

49. princessify

September 1, 2016 at 1:44 pm

I so much dis lady so much. Hapi BirthdaY Sweeti

50. tinasculpture

October 25, 2016 at 12:11 am

shes a slayer real pretty

51. tinasculpture

October 25, 2016 at 12:13 am

shes pretty and a slay queen looking way younger than i do am just 20 jelousy mode activated.keep slaying all the way.

52. frida Koffi

December 15, 2016 at 1:00 pm

she is a piece of Beauty

53. raymond

August 14, 2018 at 5:39 pm

U are beautiful dear,keep dis level i admire you