Events

See All The Stylish Guests At Richard Akuson’s ‘The Front Row Party’ in Abuja

BellaNaija.com

Richard Akuson

Richard Akuson

The Front Row Party by Richard Akuson in collaboration with Shop 365 Africa held in Abuja’s high-brow Maitama District on the 7th of May to a resounding success that saw many designers, stylists, beauty experts and lifestyle connoisseurs converge for a fine evening of high fashion.

The party had a 6 mannequin-installation that was curated by Richard Akuson and featured designers such as; Style Temple, Belois Couture and House of Kaya amongst many others, this was capped by an exclusive preview of emerging womenswear brand Maison Mimi‘s Autumn/Winter 2016/2017 collection with sumptuous canapés by Os Celebrations.

Some of the highlights of the night included free Uber rides to and from the event, goodie bags with lipsticks and Zumba passes courtesy Selara Beauty & Lifestyle, Yamerra and Maison Mimi discount cards while mingling and listening to cool jams carefully selected by Aisha who also MCd the event.

The Front Row Party was supported by BellaNaija, Ebony Life TV, Style Vitae, Complete Fashion, The Guardian Life, Style Me Africa, Uber, Yamerra, Platinum Events, Bantu, Goldsting, Selara and Os Celebrations.

Canapés

IMG_1678

Joseph Ike, Ibrahim Aminu, Olamide E

Joseph Ike, Ibrahim Aminu, Olamide E

Ndubisi Wadibia, Olivet Nelson Odigwe, Hillcrest Lawal and Richard Akuson

Ndubisi Wadibia, Olivet Nelson Odigwe, Hillcrest Lawal and Richard Akuson

The Front Row Party Abuja By Richard Akuson

The Front Row Party Abuja By Richard AkusonThe Front Row Party Abuja By Richard AkusonIMG_1681

Elizabeth Ojomole

Credits
Photography: Zamani Istifanus | @xamanistudios
Photography: @Danteslair for Bantu Studio | @Bantustudio
Catering: @os_celebrations

1. Baby gurl

May 10, 2016 at 7:56 pm

So BN people’s names are “On the left House of Kaya, Middle – Style Temple and the left – Deeza” ok o. Anyways I miss my Abj oo this place aff tire me lol… Omon’s style is amazing! Ojima girl,looking good as always. I didn’t know Richard was such an old man hehe

• Someone Naughty

May 10, 2016 at 10:20 pm

I was confused too and realised they were referring to the mannequins behind the people in the photo

2. shady

May 10, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Wow Richie Richie ,u did well bro. Continue to soar high, well organised , beautiful peeps ,good food the list is endless . @Bruno if u could only learn one or two things from Richard u might just have half a slice of the success this young man his having right now. Humble,and able to accept constructive criticism . Unlike u hiding behind the computer insulting others.

• Tosin

May 11, 2016 at 10:31 am

so you now had to insult another somebothy abi? is he your mate?

3. bubble

May 10, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Can someone suggest an affordable zumba place in Apo area of Abuja. I miss going for zumba. Thanks.

4. Kem Kem LV

May 10, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Such a tacky event. Is this what you call Front Row? More like a store opening event to me.

• lolol

May 10, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Iron Ladies…Abuja chapter!

5. Oji

May 10, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Please guys, who has bought human hair from Balogun market before? Do they sell quality weaves? Does anyone have any contact ? Please help a sister.

• bubble

May 10, 2016 at 10:51 pm

+2347082270365 I can’t remember the shop number or how to direct you correctly. But call the number. The name of the shop is ac zenith collection in balogun market.

• Oji

May 11, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Thank you so much bubble!

6. Niyoola

May 10, 2016 at 9:53 pm

healthy combo of Skanky, Basic and Classy.

7. Someone Naughty

May 10, 2016 at 10:20 pm

8. unkown

May 11, 2016 at 2:11 am

Kai, bhet why such harsh words hmmm

9. marcel

May 11, 2016 at 4:30 am

Congrats I see nelson olivet n ifeanyi nkwonta.

10. Great Lady

May 11, 2016 at 7:14 am

I attended this event and I can tell you for free this was no party. Richard just wanted us to come and shop. You should have just said so instead of saying it was a going to be a fun night. It was boring, the event started too late, the red carpet was for late comers and lastly the uber code did not work.
    But I enjoyed the food and Richard was a perfect host.

11. Fatima

May 11, 2016 at 7:50 am

I agree with you on Richard being a perfect host. The guy literally walked up to us to ask if we’re having a nice time and If we needed more food or drinks. But about Uber, to be honest mine worked and from my house to the venue back and forth cost 1000 leaving me with an extra 500 from my code. I guess you used urs wrongly and my friend who did so too literally had to pay for her ride. Also, i can’t see all the ‘big’ Abuja ppl I saw at the party on BN. Hamza Grema was there so was Onoja and Og from Style temple plus other big time ppl, it was quite a lovely event and omo The food was on point!!

Lastly I personally had a good time especially being in the same room with all those beautiful and quite accomplished ppl and the installation was beautiful especially for a curious mind like me, the runway was the highlight of it all, wished there were more designers that showcased.

Before I go, I got my invite courtesy Bn.

Thanks BN and Richard had a nice time.

12. Great Lady

May 11, 2016 at 8:32 am

@Fatima how did you use the code?

13. Tosin

May 11, 2016 at 10:28 am

highlife l’omo
    Akuson nwa de la renta
    hobnob chief of Abuja
    i jus gbadun you 🙂

14. Eziokwu

May 11, 2016 at 11:56 am

Richard’s outfit was so unflattering though.

• Ewa

May 12, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Very unflattering. For such a style critic, I was disappointed…

15. justdeywakapass

May 13, 2016 at 2:10 pm

EVERYTHING ON HIM IS UNDERSIZE. MAKES HIM LOOK QUITE UNKEPT, EXCEPT FOR THE SMILE SHA.