Scoop

“That Sh*t Hurt” – Seyi Shay reacts to Tiwa Savage’s Interview

Seyi Shay Tiwa

In an interview we featured yesterday where music star Tiwa Savage was on Urban96FM to talk about her top 10 favourite songs and answer sundry questions, the Mavin singer was asked how she felt about Seyi Shay joining her as a brand ambassador for Pepsi and Tiwa Savage coyly sidestepped the question.

She did however mention her love for Davido, who is also a newly signed Pepsi ambassador.

Seyi Shay took to Instagram to react to the interview and according to her several emojis, she is heartbroken.

The singer posted this photo and a number of comments in the comment section:

Tiwa Savage Seyi Shay (1) Tiwa Savage Seyi Shay (2) Tiwa Savage Seyi Shay (3) Tiwa Savage Seyi Shay (4) Tiwa Savage Seyi Shay (5)

A lot of Seyi Shay’s fans however pointed out that Tiwa Savage’s coyness might have been a result of Seyi Shay’s earlier interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu on “Rubbin Minds” where she claimed not to know Tiwa Savage personally.

A number of people saw this as a slight dig at Tiwa especially since they have been spotted together, looking quite chummy, a number of times.

9fde3-tiwa-sawage-and-seyi-shay-1_edit img_7923 Remy-Martins-Pace-Setters-Party-for-Tiwa-Savage-BellaNaija-July2013082-600x372 Tiwa-Savage-and-Seyi-Shay-1-stargist Tiwa-Savage-and-seyi-shay-stargist watch-i-dont-know-tiwa-savage-personally-seyi-shay-in-new-interview-4

Also in an interview with DZRPT TV, Seyi Shay was asked about Nigerian female artists going global like their male counterparts and a number of people felt her reply was shade to Tiwa.

She said:

“I don’t know if that’s the goal of most females out here. I think the goal of most females is to get married and have kids. I think that’s the goal for most of us so I feel like once they’ve had a good run and done some music, and done their thing like maybe one or two singles and then they meet a guy, and he doesn’t marry her but maybe the next one marries her. Then they go “oh, ok I’m just gonna chill now” and then they get fat because they’ve had like 20 kids. Erm, but some don’t. Some just have their kids and they come back and they keep climbing and we have to hope and pray that they have a good run”.

1. Good for her

May 6, 2016 at 12:52 am

Yep tit for tat,thank u Bella naija for bringing out all dis,I watched all d interviews,nobody said anything when seyi shay said her own ,now is Tiwa ‘s turn and people are blaming her.

• Silly

May 6, 2016 at 8:47 am

Thats what you get for sleeping with a married man. I am sure Seyi is not okay because I can’t with you.

2. jade

May 6, 2016 at 1:04 am

Is seyi shay bipolar? Wasnt she the one that said she has no personal friendship eith Tiwa, acted like she didnt know her. Meanwhile, she’s hung out with her. I dont blame Tiwa reacting that way.

• keke driver

May 6, 2016 at 9:16 am

Seyi shey is to Tiwa as Yemi Alade is to Omawunmi…..FINISH!

• nene

May 6, 2016 at 5:40 pm

what? but yemi alade is better than omawunmi in every way!

• Jay

May 6, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Maybe they became friends after the interview….abi wetin make we talk.

3. Remi

May 6, 2016 at 1:05 am

This Seyi girl should give up already. Nobody cares biko… She always seems desperate for attention

4. Samuel

May 6, 2016 at 1:09 am

This so called industry is so damn fake I’m tired of this so called celebrities faking everything and deep down they don’t even like one and another.Only the strong can survive in this shit smh!

• Tosin

May 8, 2016 at 6:37 am

True dat.
      I have a solution: Tiwa should kindly step aside. loooooooooooool. 😀
      lol

5. Sheyi ?

May 6, 2016 at 1:12 am

Tiwa choose not to say anything negative about her,which was a clever way to respond,Sheyi need to pay her dues,my darling by Tiwa is a classic any day.

6. survivor

May 6, 2016 at 1:23 am

Tiwa sha keep soaring high jare,that’s wat we want#teampepsi#notimeforOSHISCO

7. Pinkrose

May 6, 2016 at 1:30 am

Hmmm… Waiting for comments

8. pinkdavis

May 6, 2016 at 1:41 am

Drama..drama..drama..everyone wants to put their own two cents to a story….. Umm……. The shade…. na wa ooo… no further comment….

9. Aunty Amebo

May 6, 2016 at 1:45 am

LOL. The shade of it all.

Seyi Shay, in Tamar Braxton’s voice, “YOU TRIEDDDDD IT”.

Haba, you that were at her trad and white wedding, and you don’t know her (As per the Ebuka interview). Na wa o.

Now that she decided to throw some of that shade back at you, you are now claiming heartbreak. Babe, you get what you deserve.

And just incase you don’t know, Tiwa serves it better than you do. You think you have more sex appeal? Hmmm…that’s debatable.

In terms of talent, you both got it, but I will rather go and see Tiwa perform live cause she knows how to deliver, and wait, so we can keep wanting some more.

I find you a bit phony, and you’ll use every opportunity to mar another person’s image. Bye FELICIA, BYE….

10. mary

May 6, 2016 at 2:36 am

and these are the same peeps who keeps ranting on IG about women supporting women, in their mind, i think they are all competitive, trying to out do the other. this is the same Sheyi who said she didn’t know Tiwa personally, but all these pictures where they happily hung out proved her wrong, i don’t even know what she thinks she is. Tiwa did well, instead of saying something negative, she clearly avoided the question. pay back time. do me i do you

11. Lemon

May 6, 2016 at 3:07 am

Tiwa is as petty as they come. No wonder her marriage crashed. Was that necessary??? At 35 yrs old?? Beefing small seyishay. Not a fan anymore.

• Read b4 u comment

May 6, 2016 at 6:20 am

Are u sure u read d write up cos if so u would know who is been childish or not.

• Valentina

May 6, 2016 at 6:24 am

Tiwa is 36.

• le coco

May 6, 2016 at 6:32 am

u truly are insane!! no wonder her marriage crashed? really? let me see you stay with a man who doesnt provide for his children, but can be buying hotel room….. IDIAT!!

• Aanu

May 6, 2016 at 7:47 am

May all that Tiwa went through in that marriage befall you seeing that you have the right attitude to support that weight

• mee

May 6, 2016 at 7:49 am

what a stupid stupid comment…chai please have small sense

• Xtophar

May 6, 2016 at 8:56 am

Small Seyi Shay???? This grown ass woman is “small”??? Nigerians who don’t read will always be ignorant

• Baker

May 6, 2016 at 9:49 am

And that’s the best you could say? “No wonder her marriage crashed”. Thank you for your deep insight. Oh thou omini knowest. Btw, Lemon? Really? Originality much?

• true

May 8, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Sheyi is 30plus too, they both got issues but Seyi got bunch of issues. All we want is good music, not Tiwa’s immaturity or Seyi’s unnecessary self pity after biting what she can’t chew (seeing who gets fat after childbirth and all d jealousy traits).

12. Kemi

May 6, 2016 at 3:28 am

Yes I think seyishay is bipolar! Something is not right upstairs. I have watched a few of her interviews and she strikes me as being unstable
    Give it a rest already girl , I don’t care what you say, Tiwa is still your senior colleague in this industry and I think she has paid her dues! You are just jealous and you can’t even hide it!

13. Squad

May 6, 2016 at 4:13 am

Seyi shay is just attention seeking. Tiwa didnt mention her name. If someone has nothing nice or bad to say about u….whats there? How are u soo bothered abt tiwa that u re reading and screen grabbing her interviews. You are the one running ur mouth always replying to every tiwa savage question with a shade. Tiwa on the other side doesnt have anything to say abt u and so? Is It by force? Lol seyi thinking she can play the victim and make tiwa look bad in public…..lowkey hating. Tiwa forever shittin on u, I used to be fan but not anymore seyi…stop bringin another woman down with style Abeg.

14. Jay-en/ I'd rather remain anonymous

May 6, 2016 at 5:22 am

This seyi is petty. Trying so hard to remember her songs and i can’t. This attitude won’t get you anywhere. All i seem to know about her is from the picture you took with Jonathan with her skinny clothes. Try doing some music for a change girl.

• Sass

May 6, 2016 at 4:05 pm

She actually gave Jona a boner. Hmm, u guys please stop all the beefing. Biko!

15. Nene

May 6, 2016 at 5:23 am

Electric Package

• Idomagirl

May 8, 2016 at 4:35 pm

??????????

16. Odine

May 6, 2016 at 5:57 am

You brain sour hence the name lemon. What has her marriage got to do with anything? I’m not one for public mudslinging but if you go on a public forum with claims of not knowing your fellow artiste then she turns around & politely shades you, you take it in your stride, dust it off like a big girl & keep it moving. It’s now a level playing field. So Seyi needs to quit acting like this came out of nowhere & really, why should Tiwa care for her? There’s room for both of them to soar. So Seyi, urself & Tiwa are even, you both can now keep it moving.

17. light

May 6, 2016 at 6:31 am

who be this Seyi Shay? never heard of her before

• opelolu

May 6, 2016 at 9:41 am

really sweetie. deep down in ur heart you know her. and would blast right now everyday

18. Udegbunam Chukwudi

May 6, 2016 at 6:59 am

BN thank you very much for breaking it down. I read the gist somewhere last night and started feeling some type of way about Tiwa until you guys broke it down say na Seyi start the shady business.

That girl needs hep. she’s trending for the wrong reasons

• Well said

May 6, 2016 at 11:55 am

She’s trending on Tiwa’s wings! ‘cos that is what low lifer’s do! latch unto a rival for cheap publicity as they cannot afford to trend based on their own merits

19. Fola Coco

May 6, 2016 at 7:58 am

Just waiting for Freeze to weigh in as usual….
    Seyi Shay you got served and you deserved it. I still love u and your music though.

20. Electric Package

May 6, 2016 at 8:00 am

Does this Seyi girl even have a PR professional or a media adviser around? She is constantly making blunders and we are starting to know her for rubbish talk rather than music,

Sort out your team girl this is below average in my opinion. You don’t hear Yemi Alade or Chidinma talking nonsense like this all the time!

21. Finally!Finally

May 6, 2016 at 8:04 am

And what’s is this one saying, ,rabbish fellow. Abeg go and do wot u know best opening laps for Jona, don’t start wot u can’t finish.!! Frenemies everywhere.

22. FinchleysFinest

May 6, 2016 at 8:28 am

In a simple way
    Dear Seyi Shay, You are good, creative, talented… BUT abeg… no when to shut up! TIWA is not ya Mate…. Go and sit down joor

23. uncensored

May 6, 2016 at 8:45 am

I just needed to chip this in.
    Can you remember how she shaded amber rose on her visit to Nigeria? She flatly asked the interviewer what amber does for a living, if she was worth knowing bla bla bla
    Seyi Shay is just bipolar and a woman hater.
    I can’t even imagine what her heart looks like, Tiwa doesn’t have her time.

• Vanessa

May 6, 2016 at 9:53 am

I don’t know what Amber Rose does for a living, I guess she’s like the Kardashians. I don’t think she’s worth googling either, so I guess I’m bipolar, a woman hater and my heart is black?

• Mr. Egghead

May 6, 2016 at 10:33 am

| I don’t know what Amber Rose does for a living.

She used to rhythmically remove her clothes to the din of loud music and the leer of horny men throwing bits of legal tender at her exposed flesh.
      Occasionally, she would gyrate and wiggle her derriere in the most titillating manner. I believe the local parlance for this kind of gluteal gymnastics is “twerking.”

• honey omo lekki

May 6, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Mr egghead, your head is there. I enjoyed your comment more than the post itself. lol

• nene

May 6, 2016 at 5:42 pm

gbam

24. Miss Anoni Moss

May 6, 2016 at 9:16 am

I see Seyi Shey forgot to pay her brain bill again ?

25. Sylvia

May 6, 2016 at 9:17 am

You all need to realize that the entertainment industry is fake. That Seyi attended Tiwa’s wedding or they’ve been spotted at events together doesn’t mean Seyi even knows her middle name. Moreover, that Tiwa’s wedding was more or less a circus, I don’t think there was any celebrity that wasn’t invited or given asoebi, how many of those people know Tiwa personally or even like her as a person? If Seyi had declined Tiwa’s wedding invite, BN would have posted different sides of that story for one week, and you all would have been cursing Seyi in the comments section. I don’t know them personally, but with the little i’ve seen, they merely cross paths. Tiwa is like the daughter of BN, while Seyi is BN’s stepdaughter, because I don’t understand how every article on Seyi is always negative, but women should support women when it relates to Tiwa. I don’t see anything wrong with Seyi’s reply to the question, in fact, if I were to be mischievous to point at who she’s referring to, I’d point at Omawumi, Tiwa on the other hand is nothing but petty. And no, I’m no fan of either, i don’t even know any of their songs.

• Happy

May 6, 2016 at 10:27 am

lol @’ If Seyi had declined Tiwa’s wedding invite, BN would have posted different sides of that story for one week, and you all would have been cursing Seyi in the comments section.’….It’s not that serious. I doubt it that BN would post attendance list of celebrity weddings.. Those that showed up but left early; those that arrived late; and those that were invited but didn’t attend… lol. Seyi could have responded HONESTLY to the question that she had hung out with Tiwa a couple of times and Tiwa is a fun person to be around (I’m sure she had fun the couple of times they all hung out) but she chose to throw shade maybe to be relevant or be noticed and now has a dose of her own medicine and cannot hack it…. Pele oh!

• Sylvia

May 6, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Were you there those times they ‘hung out’? Like I said, I don’t know either of them, but from those pics up there, doesn’t look like they ever had fun together. I don’t know why you want Seyi to lie, just to please people like you. And yes, BN would definitely have overblown Seyi’s absence at Tiwa’s wedding.

• Katherine

May 10, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Thanks a ton @Sylvia….ur a human being jare……people are just here blabbing nonsense they don’t even know what’s reali going on inside the industry………..in the industry I dnt think there’s anytin like mate or jnr for the love of christ its not pri-skul all over again……you get your respect accordin to how you carry yourself ”..and for those of you callin seyi sey a small girl ‘Biko how old are you’ ehh…..una don turn mama’s nd papa’s……..this is why I said some Nigerians don’t use their common sense before openin deir mouth……What tiwa did was actually very ‘Petty ,sly, snubbish ,silly nd immature….and I see no reason why seyi sey shouldn’t have gotten ‘Mad’ they way she did…..any one of us in her shoes must pretty much have done the same thing……Tiwa @ this point is meant to think of her life and not go around hatin or havin something against her fellow celebrity because am pretty sure they are meant to be the least of her problems……….So please Nigerians before you guys go around sppittin out dirt from your mouth and giving to the environment please check the envirnment first and know why it is that way before you spit out………..Because as we all know our words can actually or destroy someone’s life……Am a fan of both of ’em buh am highly disappointed @ ‘Tiwa’ nd I dnt blame seyi sey for sayin the things she said @ d interview………………….Katherine (Abuja)

26. similicious

May 6, 2016 at 9:36 am

Fact still remains that they are both Pepsi brand ambassadors. Ladies stop messing with your money by being petty. You do not have to be friends but you have to be cordial for the sake of your money. You better o before Yemi Alade comes to snatch your endorsements.

27. opelolu

May 6, 2016 at 9:39 am

I find it funny that most of you are saying because they have lot of pics together they must know each other personally.
    Beyonce and rihanna have tons of pics together and still say in interviews that they aren’t close like that, they are in the same industry of cos they would have pics together. tiwa was shady her talking about davido but not seyi. well sheyi you don’t need no acceptance from anybody but God and your fans. whether she talks about it or not you are still getting paid girl

• Well said

May 6, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Listen, there is something called social etiquette and that entails taking the moral high way if need be. It means not all battles are worth fighting. Hence when asked certain questions, especially being a public figure whose words can be misconstrued, you should seek the smartest manner to answer to the question to leave no room for anyone finding loop holes in your comment.

Sometimes it is also wiser to try to hide your true feelings when responding to controversial questions, hence the saying “keep your enemies closer”, “best way to kill an enemy is be a friend” cos as I earlier said, some battles are not worth fighting.

Now she has said her truth regarding Tiwa whether or not it was an innocent honest opinion,it has made her trend in a bad way and she has already lost fans! especially at a time when Tiwa is trending the most in a fan-delightful way. Honestly some battles are not worth fighting and Now is not the best time to go in to war with Tiwa due to Fan’s immunity covering her especially at this time.

#Get wisdom

28. Ephi

May 6, 2016 at 10:01 am

So much drama this 2016. No be small thing

29. Kyjuan

May 6, 2016 at 10:03 am

I did watch the seyi shay interview with Ebuka. Considering how she responded when asked about Tiwa, i could have sworn that she’s never even bumped into tiwa. But now looking at all the pictures above, it’s clear even though they might not be best chums, they definitely have been in similar circles and hung out. I mean…they performed together (as seen in pictures above)!!! So for Seyi to answer to that question the way she did, one must wonder what the heck she’s on about. Tiwa could have been the bigger babe instead of side stepping the question but can anyone blame her?
    I like seyi and her songs and i think she’s talented. BUT as a person, i think there’s a lot of question marks.

30. tola

May 6, 2016 at 10:25 am

hhahahahahhahahhahahahahah brain Pill OMG!!!! kai! but this girl, seyi, seems someone needs to stand by her bed every morning to ensure she swallows those pills!!! BIPOLAR MUCH!!! you are not even hitting the right notes on controversy, she reminds me of this American rapper that is always ranting or sayin some werid shii*** Azelia banks. no one is paying her attention so she tries to be m so cryptic and weird but sexy and controversial. but Seyi, it’s just sad and adorable seeing you try, just its not werking.

• Katherine

May 10, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Tola I triple dare you….if you can do quater of what seyi sey does only then will I know you have sense…………’GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT’ then tell me after what you feel or think of yourself………………..

31. Josephine

May 6, 2016 at 10:38 am

This is like Mariah’s “I don’t know her” shade at J-Lo.

32. uche

May 6, 2016 at 10:40 am

Very seriously reading many comments on this platform makes me wonder, 1. We don’t respect the fact that everyone is entitled to her own opinion, so that not everyone thinks like you, 2. The swearing at each other is terrible that it just shows that 99 percent of the ladies here cannot keep a home at all, because marriage is about 2 different people from different homes, coming together to make a family (new society), 3. To think that a lot of the people here talk like they’re a product of mills and booms, mexican, american, french and all the soap opera’s, I am yet to read a real comment on this platform all I read are reactions to people’s problem, if tiwa were to approach any of you for marita counsel is itt this rubbish you’ll be telling her? I expect your insult because by your fruit you’ll speak, so I won’t be angry if you do, it will just show what type of person you are

• Mimi

May 6, 2016 at 11:49 am

Please start by learning how to speak and write english.

• Idomagirl

May 8, 2016 at 4:39 pm

How did you manage to involve marriage in this matter? ???

33. Rubbish

May 6, 2016 at 1:49 pm

For this spiteful and insensitive comment, none of your marriages will last. Mark my words. When you are so quick to knock people when they’re down, just know that karma is doing press ups and getting ready to unleash its wrath. Evil idiot

34. Sass

May 6, 2016 at 4:06 pm

She actually gave Jona a boner during that her strip performance.

35. La vida

May 6, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Honestly, from what and how I read the interview, I didn’t think Tiwa meant to shade Seyi. I actually thought she heard the question wrong, and felt the interviewer was asking about Davido and not Seyi. You know sometimes you aren’t really paying attention and you hear what you want to hear. I think that was what happened here. That’s my take sha, but I might be wrong.

36. nene

May 6, 2016 at 5:39 pm

seyi shay has talent but she has a nasty character. i don’t see her going far.

37. nene

May 6, 2016 at 5:45 pm

seyi shay if u dont take time, you’ll find urself back in peckham or whatever ghetto u came from. u look and act without finesse and class.

38. vida

May 6, 2016 at 6:34 pm

celebrities should mind how they let out information, someone you ve had lots of pics with…you even sang together ….yet you sounded you both were just in the same faculty…sighting once in a while during exams…..to me she could have been diplomatic with that answer….well , tiwa didn’t go round lashing out after….no emojis…am sure some people are even just hearing this now……. its her turn and she is heart broken…..karma is a bitch………abeg dem no be mate…make she rest mbok……………

39. Patrick

May 7, 2016 at 10:55 pm

I don’t know why immature people such as Seyi and Teebillz are around Tiwa,- causing nuisance for that child of God; I just don’t know.

• Tosin

May 9, 2016 at 1:34 am

lol. you yourself know that your name is not Patrick. At your old age, be causing drama among any group you enter – the common denominator is YOU. Seyi – talented, HOT, and BLESSED. Teebillz – destroyed for now, but there is God. Tiwa – I don’t know. Fake? Empty? Actress?