News

“N-Power” Portal Received Over 403,000 Successful Applications in 36hrs – FG

N-PowerThe Jobs portal of the Federal Government, “n-power.gov.ng” has recorded over 403,000 successful registrations, since it opened for submissions on June 12, the Vice Presidential Spokesman, Laolu Akande said on Monday.

Quoting the Job Creation Unit in the Presidency, Akande said: “We have been very impressed by the enthusiastic response to the call for applications. As at noon on Monday June 13, only 36 hours after the launch of the portal, 403,528 applicants have successfully registered on the site and were in the middle of completing the application process.”

The statement was credited to Afolabi Imoukhede, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation.

“We are also very pleased that the registrations have been taking place without any hitches or system failures, considering the volume of response. All together the website has received over 35 million hits since Saturday midnight,” it said.

The Jobs Scheme, known as “N-Power”, is one of the five initiatives of the Social Investment Programmes of the Federal Government.

N-Power is designed to help young Nigerians acquire and develop life-long skills to become solution providers in their communities and to become players in the domestic and global markets.

It will provide employment opportunities for 500,000 graduates as teachers, agriculture extension advisers, healthcare assistants, and civic and adult education instructors in communities across Nigeria.

There will also be a pool of 100,000 software developers, hardware service professionals, animators, graphic artists, building services professionals, artisans and others.

Applications for the scheme began on Sunday June 12 on the portal: www.npower.gov.ng, and will open for some days, after which screening and shortlisting will be carried out.

President Muhammadu Buhari had in his Democracy Day Speech described the social safety net programme as “by far the most ambitious social protection programme in our history”. About N500 billion was provided for the programme in the 2016 Budget.

The statement noted that the presidency assured Nigerians that the application process would be structurally robust, transparent and fair, while the selection process would also be based on objective criteria devoid of party affiliations.

It added that unemployed Nigerians both graduate and non-graduates will be drawn from across the country on state by state basis in the final analysis.

1. Ezinne okoronkwo

June 13, 2016 at 8:29 pm

how do we apply,i can’t find anything on the website whr I can fill in my names and particulars..I’m kinda confuse,pls help

2. OWOEYE OLUMUYIWA CHARITY

June 13, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Please why rejecting my post, help me. I can’t find a place to fill in my data on the website. Please help me out to apply for this opportunity. Thank you sir and ma in anticipation.

3. Aguoru Chinwendu Maureen

June 14, 2016 at 6:49 am

please sir, my posts are being rejected, help me I can’t find a place to fill in my data on the website, thanks in anticipation.

4. Aguoru Chinwendu Maureen

June 14, 2016 at 7:00 am

please sir, I need you to help me, I can’t find a place to fill in my data on the website, how do do that?

• anonymous

June 15, 2016 at 8:05 am

check the top right conner you will see register and login. click register and type a username, email and password. if you succeed with this stage, you can get back to login and start the registration process.

5. RAJI KHADIJAT OLUWASEUN

June 15, 2016 at 3:51 pm

please sir, i was sent message to yesterday through my phone to go and check my email address and print the acknowledgement letter but unfortunate i was not find any message there thank sir . please help me

6. MOSES EMONENA

June 16, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Work needed

7. martins anatec

June 17, 2016 at 6:40 am

8. martins anatec

June 17, 2016 at 6:41 am

the log in page is hiding, please unhide it so that people that did nt register so that they can register i just want to make a common sense.

9. Franktech Rolex

June 17, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Please sir, which would you recommend for a b.eng holder in civil engineering. Because I really wanna be a beneficiary. Thanks

10. fapohunda samuel

June 19, 2016 at 4:40 pm

pls I can’t find the test we ask to do

11. OWOEYE O Charity

June 21, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Please reply to my above comments. I need this job. I need to be recruited. Thanks o.

12. Gbadamosi Azeez Gbolahan

June 24, 2016 at 6:45 pm

I started the application on the 12th of June, at exact 12:50am but due to my credentials that aren’t available in a soft copy, I have to save the page to visit it back the next day, but to my surprise I haven’t been able to access the application portal ever since then. please i need your endless help in other to go through this application. i will be glad if you could come to my aid within a short while.

13. Hezekiah Umar

June 25, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Please sir help. I register since 21st but i did not recieve any email. Is my registration completed?

14. gladys

June 26, 2016 at 4:21 pm

I had filled d personal information form but i found its difficult to locate the test page.

15. Anwan Gabriel udo

June 26, 2016 at 6:05 pm

I have have not received any email after the registration. I need ur advice sir

16. okhumeode Janet

June 28, 2016 at 10:07 am

Good day, I applied for the n power program close to two weeks now and was sent an acknowledgement letter that in 48hrs I will get a message via email. Until this moment no message in my inbox.

17. obayomi

July 6, 2016 at 10:56 pm

I’ve got my acknowledgement Letter but I don’t no the next procedure …pls help me out.Thanks

18. Nwoba Chinedu. E

July 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm

pls sir, my registration was acknowledged, through the acknowledgement, i was informed that a message will be send to me via email in few days. to my greatest surprise, i have not seen the message in my mail. am i not qualify?

19. omah monday

July 14, 2016 at 10:08 am

sir, I have registered but acknowledgement was not send to me. plz hw do I go about it.

20. Egbe Peter Ebiaga

July 14, 2016 at 12:23 pm

I,registered. June,but yet 2 received an acknowledgement letter

21. Yahaya victor

July 19, 2016 at 10:12 am

I registered two weeks ago, and hv received the acknowledgement letter via my email

22. taiwo john ogundeyi

July 26, 2016 at 4:05 pm

i didnt get any message its now too weeks

23. obayomi

July 26, 2016 at 7:24 pm

sir what next after acknowledgment? Bcus av nt receive any text message since av got my acknowledgement letter pls help me out

24. samuel

July 28, 2016 at 4:33 pm

I have received my acknowledgment letter, but I don’t know next procedure to take, pls help me

25. Okolo francisca I

July 29, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Sir, i didn’t find the programme test page

26. Musaddiq

August 28, 2016 at 9:34 pm

I rigisterd but no message send to me

27. Ebonine Queen Tochukwu

September 28, 2016 at 8:54 am

Good Morning Sir. Pls I received the test/assessment sms schedule for 27/9/2016 from 12:01am to 11:59pm. But i can’t access the site its very difficult opening it. I truly need this job how do i go about it to enable me write the test? Thanks.

28. Basiru Usman

November 1, 2016 at 12:08 pm

I wrote my test since 21 September 2016, but I’m not received any text from you.

29. wakeel babatunde b.

December 10, 2016 at 11:42 am

Sir, am the first group to do the test, unfortunately the website was nt alright then i was unble to do it, later messenge was sent to me that i should go an do my test then i went their i did it, but to surprise my name was not shortlisted in d first batch please assist me.