News

Banke Meshida-Lawal covers Tribe & Elan Magazine, speaks on Inspiring Rise to the Top

BM Pro - 02
One of Nigeria’s leading make-up artists, Banke Meshida-Lawal covers the July 2016 edition of Tribe & Elan.

In the online magazine, Banke of BM|Pro speaks on her rise to the top, marriage, celebrity life and competition.

Read excerpts below;
On her rise to the top: “…I didn’t set out to do makeup. I became a makeup artist by default and because of the way I fell into makeup artistry , I think am in it for the long hull. I don’t think that I will ever become this person who decides that it is now time for me to stop doing makeup or I want to do other things. We all have different streams of income because of the economy and the way the situation is in the country but make up has always been paramount and important to me….it is my number one profession and it is what I know how to do. So no, I will never stop doing makeup.”

BM Pro - 03

On marriage: “When you come from a background that understands you and understands the reason you do what you do, like I have, it is pretty straight forward. My family know that I actually love what I do; it makes me happy doing what I do. If I am a part of that unit and the people with me don’t want me to thrive then what is the point. So fortunately for me, have being blessed with a group of people that appreciate what I do and they are very happy to see me happy. Of course they are supportive and anywhere I am lacking, they pick it up and sort it out.”

Read to full story on tribeandelan.com
Credits
Photography: BM|Pro
Make-up: Annabel for BM|Pro

1. "changing moniker"

July 9, 2016 at 6:57 pm

The interview wasn’t very helpful

2. Salewa

July 9, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Banke has lightened considerably. It is clean and one tone

3. Jade

July 9, 2016 at 7:31 pm

I used to admire her dark skin a lot when she first started out. I’m not a fan of when some naijas are asked how did you start acting or doing make up. Their answer is I fell into it.
    Are you going it for money or something you are genuinely passionate about.
    Rita Dominic is one of the few actors who mentions how she always loved acting. She didn’t fall into anything. It was an intentional choice and genuinely enjoys it.

Banke is still my number one choice when it comes to makeup. Her makeup stands out, subtle and sultry.

4. Naijatalk

July 9, 2016 at 11:54 pm

Why is she looking several tones lighter? Is this airbrushing or skin lightening?

5. glow

July 9, 2016 at 11:57 pm

……I get so uncomfortable whenever someone mixes up words like “been” and “being”…..in a supposedly “posh” magazine for that matter……..So fortunately for me, have BEING blessed with a group of people that

6. Sas

July 10, 2016 at 4:54 am

Long hull? Oh okay.

7. Eliza's English.

July 10, 2016 at 9:13 am

@glow, was posting my comment and saw yours. I empathise. My own feeling was: even on a Sunday morning, they won’t allow one rest from all these?
    Do you know, even on features and copy from BN, this year, we’ve been seeing some atrocious grammar as well as use of ”’naija english” as formal speech? It is well.

“” I think am in it for the long hull. “” haul.
    “”So fortunately for me, have being blessed with”” I’ve been blessed with.

• Mo

July 11, 2016 at 9:06 am

I’ve noticed this too. Sad. It is really well oh.

8. "changing moniker"

July 10, 2016 at 12:32 pm

I’m watching BN. ….
    YOU swallowed my very insightful comment. …how can I come up with another?