Music

BNM Red Alert: Tomi Thomas

Hello BellaNaijairans,

It’s Monday! Which means there’s another edition of BNM Red Alert.

On Friday we kicked off the “BNM Red Alert” series where for the month of July the BellaNaija music team sends out a red alert for 10 new artists that we feel are about to conquer the Nigerian airwaves.

Over the next couple of weeks in July BN will introduce you to a few of these artists; artists we think you should know about. Last week we started with Morientez, click here if you missed it.

***

So today, the spotlight is on Tomi Thomas.

Tomi Thomas

Tomi Thomas is a talented artist with a rich powerful voice.

He is inspired and influenced by the likes of Bob Marley, Fela Kuti, Mariah Carey, Eminem, Akon and Bumi Thomas, he also lists God as his muse as well as his spirit.

Tomi was born in Lagos and raised between Kano, Lagos and Atlanta. Everywhere he went, he was always drawn to music, and in 2010 he joined successful boy band, LOS (Loud On Sound) with fellow members :King Zamir, Briss, and Bridge who became popular with the song “Bad Guy P”; Tomi isn’t new to the Nigerian music scene.

Aside from his work with LOS, Tomi has released solo work.

In 2014 he released his EP titled “Patience” which features the single “Ready or Not” and this year he released his LP “Black Couch Vol I” which features the singles “Not My Bae feat. Santi” and “Waging Wars”.

Listen to some of his songs below.

Ready Or Not (Prod. GMK)

Download

Not My Bae Feat. Santi

Download

Waging Wars

Download

What do you think?

To find out more about Tomi Thomas, you can check out his website or follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Soundcloud.

The “BNM Red Alert” will come out on the site on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for the month of July.

1. "changing moniker"

July 4, 2016 at 10:51 am

he looks really good…..
    “that hair”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• honey omo lekki

July 4, 2016 at 11:28 am

As in… I opened the post because of his looks. Yummy!

• Olusola

July 4, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Same here ❤

2. yass

July 4, 2016 at 11:18 am

ooh i like him! Great music…go on with your bad self lol

3. Tlop

July 4, 2016 at 11:42 am

Hi, I am a Tailor /an upcoming fashion designer, who loves everything about creativity /craft, With so much passion for it, but i’m at the point in my career where I feel I need some mentoring /good experience to more effectively develop my management skills so that I can possibly move into a directorship role. So my request is this: I need a reputable cloths making house that could employ me, or a good link, God bless. Whatsapp contact: 08032730106/ Lagos,Nigeria. #ILoveBellaNaija #MakeNaijaAbetterPlace #SomeonePlsBringHopeToLive

4. bam bam

July 4, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Tomi! amazing work brozay!

5. Noniii

July 4, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Love this section. Enlightening!

6. Tosin

July 7, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Let me settle down and listen to my boyfriend. #CallMe

• Tosin

July 8, 2016 at 9:43 am

been playing this stuff, he may get upgraded to a husband at this rate. #BoyOBoy

7. Keep me anon

July 17, 2016 at 1:41 pm

This Tomi Thomas guy is the future! I really don’t understand why he is being slept on. I feel the big man them in the industry are scared of this guy. I have my personal reasons to back it up. We should stand up and support this guy. He is the new school leader.. Tomi Thomas must be heard. If them no wan hear am for naij. We must to push am make them hear am for South Africa cause I believe he’s music would make more waves there.

8. Emedo emy

February 27, 2018 at 4:04 pm

I had to search up for this Thomas guy after listening to his collaboration with M. I abaga

9. Emedo emy

February 27, 2018 at 4:05 pm

admin do research about a certain Jaywillz.. the unheard best vocalist from the east