Events

Celebrating Folorunso Alakija at 65 Today! See First Photos from the Birthday Festivities

BellaNaija.com

Folorunso Alakija celebrates her 65th birthday today! Below are the first photos from the business woman and billionaire’s birthday celebration. The decor for the event features life size photos of the gorgeous celebrant, lovely flowers with gold and blue being the colour scheme of the fab event decorated by Victoria F Events.

Things seems to be calm now but we’re sure it’s going to be lit in a few minutes! While we await official photos from the birthday celebration, here are the first photos from the event.

See the Photos

Folorunso Alakija at 65 bellanaija Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.06.5872016_ Folorunso Alakija at 65 bellanaija Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.07.0272016_ Folorunso Alakija at 65 bellanaija Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.07.0772016_ Folorunso Alakija at 65 bellanaija Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.07.1572016_ Folorunso Alakija at 65 bellanaija Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.07.2172016_ Folorunso Alakija at 65 bellanaija Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.07.2772016_

Photo Credit: Victoria F Events | @victoriaf_events

1. yummychickcummummy

July 16, 2016 at 12:37 pm

baba God pick up my call ooo!!!!!! this is classy and screams “money”

2. FasholasLover

July 16, 2016 at 1:11 pm

If she is going to tie gele today, I hope it is not this her usual type with plenty branches. A moving tree comes to mind anytime l see her with the style/design.

• Chiz

July 16, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Lol.

• Naijatalk

July 17, 2016 at 1:01 am

As seen in Chronicles of Narnia

3. M

July 16, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Nigerians and tackiness. They will come now and be shouting classy.

• She can't help being richer than you

July 16, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Lol it still costs more than the down payment on your house. So, yeah.

4. swagg1

July 16, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Is this tacky or what. This goes to show that money cant buy class. This woman said that she needs more money to assist the needy, so spending money on this birthday is what??

• Kadara

July 16, 2016 at 5:02 pm

You’re funny o, so becaus she wants to give more to charity she shouldn’t celebrate her birthday? Why are we always so critical of rich people?and yet you want to be rich too . don’t you spend money on yourself ? It’s her birthday, carry your bad belle else where!

5. Realchild

July 16, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Money speaks here!

• mee

July 16, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Money from stolen oil

• lacey

July 16, 2016 at 8:43 pm

No money speaking! She has not earned it! Its her rogue oil well transactions that belongs to the masses! God help me !let someone like me get the opportunity to be president!No individual will own oil wells,it will all go to the Nigerian state for the development of Nigeria and the people!Happy Birthday!

6. Jonas

July 16, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Why are the glasses upside down? Just an ignorant enquirer.

• Californiabawlar

July 17, 2016 at 5:51 am

There’s plenty dust and eshinshin in Naija…

• Miss Anonymous

July 17, 2016 at 8:27 am

And spit sef.

7. Eliot

July 16, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Glass turn up side down is all that u saw….na woah ooo. Bad belle comment. Abeg celebrate good thing I beg.

8. Jonas

July 16, 2016 at 8:02 pm

@Eliot. I asked a question to clarify my ignorance. Must be na bad belle to ask a question?

• Post., E.

July 16, 2016 at 10:24 pm

@Jonas, hi. I was surprised too, at how @Eliot took your comment. I know that it is bad etiquette to turn your glass upside down when eating/once the meal has started. If for instance, you do not want wine or tea, coffee (if it’s a tea cup, you’re merely meant to tell the waiter not to serve you any., and if it’s already poured whilst your attention was elsewhere, then just leave it un-drunk. You’re never to turn down your glass (whilst the meal is on). As far as I know, in proper etiquette, tables are laid with glasses up. Personally, I’m always happier when they’re laid with the glasses having napkins folded into them, as this allays my concerns about dust,. I’m super hygiene-conscious, so I always like when the napkins are in the glasses, as no matter how posh or clean the place, reflexively, I tend to first clean any glass I’m about to use with the napkin. I do this when no one’s looking though, as otherwise it’d be impolite. I do this for clean glasses. If dining in a restaurant or someone’s house and the glass is not clean enough or finger-smudged, I simply ask for a new, clean one. Politely. I really don’t know about glasses being turned down as proper etiquette but perhaps, the caterer or event p[anner did that to avoid dust getting in.

9. imma

July 16, 2016 at 9:16 pm

hmmmm, charity or no charity madam, na u make d money, u spend it d way u like, oil or no oil, it was not easy for her, if u tink its easy y not try, let’s see where it gets u. d fact DAT oda celebrity celebrates deir birthdays with d orphans and less privileged does not mean DAT she must do same too, bad belle ppl mk UN’s carry una bad belle dey go.

10. ElessarisElendil

July 17, 2016 at 1:16 am

“Let them eat cake”.

11. Jonas

July 17, 2016 at 5:06 am

@Post.,E I just can’t hold back my appreciation for your response. Blocks are definitely a community learning tool. Thank you.

12. Chic_hijabi

July 17, 2016 at 7:32 am

@Eliot come and see how better person @Post.,E answered the question. Human being like you o. Please abeg receive sense

13. Yeshuababy.

July 17, 2016 at 9:25 am

I like her shawl. And, I LOVE Whose Names are on her shawl!

14. Olives

July 19, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Ur comment even looks tacky, hian.