Relationships

“For every Future, there is a Russell” – Toke Makinwa weighs in on Ciara’s Son calling Russell Wilson “Papa”

BellaNaija.com

Toke Makinwa

Yesterday social media was buzzing after a video where Ciara‘s son with rapper Future called her new husband Russell Wilson “Papa” was uploaded on Facebook.

There were several reactions to the little boy’s words.

Media personality Toke Makinwa has added her two cents to the trending topic saying that men like Russell Wilson should be applauded and emulated.

1 2 3

1. Corolla

July 13, 2016 at 12:54 am

Ok.

2. ATL's finest

July 13, 2016 at 12:55 am

Preach TOKE!!!

3. matent

July 13, 2016 at 1:35 am

Pls don’t laugh alone share.
    I was driving down a street along Alausa, having just finished answering a call, when a policeman, suddenly, opened the passenger door, entered and jam-locked it.
    (The door lock is faulty)
    As usual, he wanted ‘something’ from me for calling while driving…
    Suddenly, he saw the big Rothweiller dog, Jackie, at the back seat of the car, with tongue stuck out, spittle dripping and fangs barring, staring fiercely at him.
    Policeman: (Shaking)
    Ah! You carry dog?
    Me: (I bone face) Yes, I carry dog. Dat one na offense?
    Policeman: (Feeling uncomfortable)
    Na where una dey come from?
    Me: From hospital.
    Policeman: Ehen! you sick?
    Me: No, na person wey the dog bite we go see. The person almost die sef.
    Policeman: (Terribly shaken by now)
    Ehen! But why the dog dey shake head like that?
    Me: Na so im dey do if e wan bite person.
    Policeman: The dog know you?
    Me: Yes nah, no be my dog?
    Policeman: (Sweating)
    This your door, how you dey open am?
    Me: How you take enter?
    Policeman: Abeg! Na since I dey try open am, but e no open.
    (The dog was now getting impatient and gave a small growl, its tongue almost touching the policeman’s left ear).
    Policeman: (Now sliding forward)Oga, I take God beg you, open the door for me make I comot. I no go collect anythin from you.
    Me: How much you go pay me?
    Policeman: Ah! I neva hustle anythin since morning. Na only N1,000 dey wit me.
    Me: You neva ready.
    (I looked back at the dog).
    Policeman: Ok ok ok ok ok, e reach N2,000. The oda N1,000 na my wife own, but I go give you join.
    (Now, close to tears as the dog was becoming really impatient)
    Oga, I be……g, Oga, sorry. Take the N2,000 make you open the door plssssssse!
    Me: Oya, bring am. (I collected the N2,000 & allowed him out of the car)
    Policeman: God punish you. Idiot, e no go ever better for you and your yeye dog. Wicked man!!!
    . Pass it ahead, don’t laugh alone. Share with your friends!
    for more stories
    matent.com.ng

4. May

July 13, 2016 at 5:57 am

Yeap. President Bill Clinton’s step father raised him. His biological father last name is Blythe….. Future better be glad his son is in good hands.

5. marlvina

July 13, 2016 at 6:46 am

What do you expect a child of that age to do? Seeing that his mummy has brought a new man into the house and her life. His mummy now has a new husband to show love to. His mummy is so happy now. You expect the lil lad to call the new man Sir?

6. Md

July 13, 2016 at 8:01 am

People jumping on the fake Ciara wedding and affairs,.that marriage won’t last, I give it 2 to 3 years, u heard it here first.. and future knows that .the hypocrisy is astonishing, if that was a child calling another women Mama, I bet the hypocritical women wont find it easy and funny. Anyway,have a feeling that the Lil boy will be calling a lot of men ‘papa’ in the future.

• De Duchess

July 13, 2016 at 8:20 am

I quite know Toke is hoping for her Russell, you will find him but I think Russell and Ciara are going over the top just to spite Future.
      The constant social media showy says it all.
      Russell especially should know better. I know he wants to be a father figure to the child but it must not be on instagram. Love the boy, take care of him, spoil him, correct him but when you start to use him to spite another man then there is trouble…

Ciara knew the kind of person Future was but she went there. People warned but she stayed there, even got pregnant at 27 not that she was 37 and reaching menopause. When Ciara and Russell first started I was happy for my Cici, now I can’t help but think…..be careful before it all goes wrong….

• Eve82

July 13, 2016 at 10:10 am

Duchess, you have finally hit the hammer on the nail! What I have a problem with is the constant need for social media validation from Ciara and Russell. These are precious moments that should not be made privy to the public. However, the constant need to always put stuff out there shows it’s being done with questionable intent.

• NIRA

July 13, 2016 at 10:24 am

So, Russell and Ciara should leave social media, or not post pictures for y’all to be happy?? Even if the marriage lasts only a year, it’s their business. If they hide from the public, people would still say they’ve become irrelevant, or are hiding from Future. Let’s leave them alone biko.

• sharon

July 13, 2016 at 8:44 am

Mehn.you are mean n heartless. u’ve already prophesied what u think will happen.i hate the likes of you. I bet u r not married or you are possibly judging from your own experience.

7. segson

July 13, 2016 at 9:02 am

cc: De duchess well said agreed with every word of yours!

8. Ginger

July 13, 2016 at 9:10 am

I love Ciara, she’s gorgeous, her husband seems to be a decent person, good Christian etc

However I wouldn’t be happy if my child called someone else “Mum”. Not even if my ex’s wife were my best friend whom I gladly told to date my ex that I feel nothing for.

Future may not be the greatest parent, but I doubt he’s a deadbeat. He was probably a shitty partner to Ciara, but while the revenge is probably great for her, I doubt the baby calling Russel “papa” is right. It was definitely spiteful. Especially the fact that it was uploaded online. My opinion though

• Sisi

July 13, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I agree. Regardless of the situation, if a parent is alive I don’t think a young child should be calling the other parent’s partner mum or dad – especially not a young child who has no understanding of the situation (not baby future’s fault). It’s different with older children who make a conscious and educated decision to call father figure who isn’t their biological parent dad.. A lot of people agreeing here wouldn’t be so supportive if this was the other way around and he was calling another woman mum because mother wasn’t around as much. I will say that I’m sure it is very difficult to avoid such situations with a young child and the blame at the end of the day falls to Future because there is no way that you will be having a consistent and meaning impact on your child’s life and they will be calling someone else papa.

9. Chinma Eke

July 13, 2016 at 9:31 am

Well said Toke! Baby Future knows his father and it shouldn’t be a problem with him calling Russel ‘Papa’. What I have a problem with is the video being uploaded online, like must our every move be posted online for the world and posterity?

10. reality

July 13, 2016 at 9:59 am

YASS TOKE PREACH!!! I sincerely pray that Toke will find her Russell in Jesus Name, A man that will heal her and love her unconditionally.
    I know behind all her makeup game on fleek and dressing really nicely and looking like nothing fazed her, she was deeply hurt by what that ode did to her, that is why her reward will be in multiple folds.

Memo to all stupid men out there, according to Beyonce, you aint married to no average b**ch boi!!!
    #BOYBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. EKPO

July 13, 2016 at 10:40 am

he is just a child, remember that & anyone who shows that child unconditional love deserves to be called a father. Rem when ci was in naija this boy was been watched by russell. Im a huge future fan(trap music lover) but we cant take the fact that russell & ciara look very good and happy together. With that im very happy for them and pray they last long… I predict a baby coming soon.

12. beez

July 13, 2016 at 10:56 am

yall be praising Russel like he be one savior. He just started the journey with Ciara anything can still happen in future, tho everyones hoping for the best. Toke be feeling like she has a voice in their business, she may as well just mind her own business and deal with her issues. Must you always talk?

• A

July 13, 2016 at 12:32 pm

She’s an OAP- she’s paid for airing her opinion. Who is paying you to comment here when it won’t improve your life or stop Toke from getting paid. I don’t know if you people are dragging something with Toke. Haters Oshi (yes, hater)

13. Cathy

July 13, 2016 at 12:06 pm

I think Ciara needs to take things easy with social media cos it looks like she’s doing all these just to get back @ Future & I kinda feel like maybe she still has feelings for him. But I love she & Russell together tho

14. Hm.

July 13, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Moving on.

15. Pause

July 14, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Not a Future fan, but he has visitation rights that makes him spend time with his son.
    Future is hands on.