Music

Peter Okoye Announces the Official Return of P-Square: “We are back because brothers do not let each other wander in the dark”

BellaNaija.com

Peter Okoye

Good news for P-Square fans, the Okoye brothers are all back together to continue making good music.

Peter Okoye made the announcement a few minutes ago on Instagram saying that he takes full responsibility for all that has happened. He also apologized to P-Square fans and he said that with a new management under Jude Okoye, they are back with new ideas and new music.

He said:

God bless you all and be assured that you have not seen anything yet!
Peter Okoye
P-Square

Watch the video below.

My dear fans, P-Square is back. Ours is a journey that started from our mother’s womb. It was a journey that started from Primary School, continued to St. Murumba College, to when we were in University in Abuja. It was a journey in which we shared childhood memories and grown-up dreams. We are back because brothers do not let each other wander in the dark alone. We are back because we have tried the lonely road and it was not the same. I want to take responsibility for what has happened and sincerely apologise to you our fans. For supporting us throughout this journey we owed you so much more than what you have had to endure and I apologise for that. We are embarking now on a new journey with exciting new management (Jude Okoye), new music and new ideas. We cannot thank you enough for all your prayers and support throughout this difficult period. Maya Angelou once said that brotherhood is a condition that people have to work at. We will continue to work on that and you can be prepared to be blown away by this new phase of P-Square. God bless you all and be assured that you have not seen anything yet! Peter Okoye P-Square

A video posted by Peter okoye (Psquare) MrP (@peterpsquare) on

1. Cynical

July 25, 2016 at 1:05 pm

P-square, you guys are giving me a migraine……. Are you together or na???? Tomorrow now you people will start again.

• RIFF RAFF

July 25, 2016 at 2:20 pm

If they like, let them split again. At this point, people are tired of their stunt/drama and don’t care.
      All 3 of them are a disappointment

• Damilola

July 25, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Peter or is it Mr P, your antics are too childish. Must you post everything on social media. As much as I’m a big P square fan, I could care less at this point. If you guys had your act together, you both would have performed at the Barclays Center but no y’all are busy being petty.

• No more.

July 25, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Why is he the one, and the only one taking responsibility for everything? He’s still being made the fall guy! (if you read the extensive interview he gave then, of the things he had issues with and that been happening and that had been hurting him. Basically, he was being sidelined and treated as lesser. Paul was getting the preferential treatment and Paul and Jude would side together. Paul would side with Jude even when, apparently, the issues Peter was raising were for the benefit of both of them and for them to have a proper, professional management arrangement and things to be done and an order put in place according to best practice/international standards. From what I read, on the surface and even between the lines also, he was verbally and emotionally abused and put down and sidelined more than once.) Whatever the case, all of them were involved. All of them need to apologise to their fans. He’s not the scapegoat or fall guy.

I really hope this is the end because any more drama after this will probably get the same reaction as the third and final one from the townspeople in the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

2. Chi

July 25, 2016 at 1:06 pm

You must really take people like me as children (something you’re familiar with). I used to care about all your drama but after realising you crave all the attention and drama, I stopped wasting my previous emotions on you.
    Are you just realising that after your many drama, people have moved on? Are you just realising that many people no longer care? Or are you just realising that you make less money as an individual brand?
    Mr.P, please don’t reconcile. Please, I beg you in the name of foolishness remain with your individual labels.
    You’re just a spoilt and arrogant clown. I am restraining myself to truly describe your stupidity out of respect for BellaNaija’s status.

3. Marlvina

July 25, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Look, Uncle P….I’m tired of all this apologies! Is this a way of reminding us of your existence? Please shift jor!!! Psquare ko, Mr P ni.

4. I'mJustSayn'

July 25, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Mtsewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

5. Suwa

July 25, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Are they broke ne?

6. Greedy fools

July 25, 2016 at 1:19 pm

They are a disgrace to there parents,falling out openly because of money,was total shame while it lasted,the damage is done already.

7. Rae

July 25, 2016 at 1:26 pm

these people must be suffering from menopause mtchewwwwwww

8. Great Lady

July 25, 2016 at 1:34 pm

@Chi you took the words right out of my mouth. Set of confused people.
    Memoirsofagreatlady.com

9. MUM

July 25, 2016 at 1:42 pm

DNA IN THE MAKINGGGGG AND P SQUARE FELT INTIMIDATED AND ARE COMING BACK. ANYWAYS GOOD NEWS AND HAVING A P SQUARE AND DNA IN NIGERIA WONT BE A BAD IDEA. KUDOS TO THAT. THAT U PETER TOOK RESPONSIBILITY DOES NOT MAKE U THE BAD ONE BUT THE BRAVE ONE. GOOD NEWS.

10. Felinda

July 25, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Peter okoye
    F. C. U. K OFF
    We are sick and tired of yall.
    Jackass

11. Mayborn

July 25, 2016 at 1:46 pm

ori e ti yi… cos them no nominate una as best group abi? you guys no well. nigerians beg and pleaded but u said no now u are back together. tchew all the best.

12. Moyo

July 25, 2016 at 1:51 pm

For those who carried P square’s matter on their head, how market?. Loooooooooooooool, I always knew that being Igbo men, when there is enough money to share they will forget their quarrels. Welcome back PSquare, for those who were crying (professional wailers) you can stop crying

13. Caro

July 25, 2016 at 1:59 pm

These twins are confuse. Seems like they decided to come back cause they arent making money the way they used to as “psquare”

14. Zandyzay

July 25, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Shiooooooorrrrr

15. Spunky

July 25, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Abeg abeg…I take God name beg una, make una park go one side. Una sing or not, music will go on. I don’t know about you all but I really don’t Kia.

16. Shameless people

July 25, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Classless family,all should not be about money.Disgacing themselves because of money,They lost my respect forever.

17. Lk

July 25, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Mschwwwwwwww #storiesthattouch

18. Esther

July 25, 2016 at 2:03 pm

I thought it was university of Jos they said they went to that year

• Nanah

July 25, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Nope. They’ve never said that. They were born and raised in Jos but they went to the University of Abuja. Great to have you back together again, guys!

19. Segi

July 25, 2016 at 2:06 pm

…Yep! They are broke!

20. 'Diddie

July 25, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Wow… great ! Good to have PSquare back jare

21. Psalm

July 25, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Some people said Lola was responsible for the row. That she brought division to the family by inciting Peter against his brothers.
    Now they claim they have settled. I guess it’s okay to applaud Lola for resetting Peter’s head and ordering him to make peace with his brothers.

22. Tolar

July 25, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Mtchwwwww…. the fear of DNA…….

• Oppy

July 25, 2016 at 3:40 pm

WE WANT DNA TO TAKE OVER, SIMPLE!!!
      We are totally tired of these three. Get some sense already biko.

23. nene

July 25, 2016 at 2:48 pm

psquae must think the nigerian music industry revolves around them..no! boys look around, there are so many popular artistes out there. nobody cares about u guys anymore, put out a hit song first.

24. Princess P

July 25, 2016 at 2:57 pm

We are tired of their cock and bull story everyday
    people have moved on
    there are better artist coming out everyday and them think say we go blink if them split?
    Whatever mehn…

25. Ankara

July 25, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Make wena grow up. Today this tomorrow that. Na so wena dey make spoil wena market. People don forget about wena self. Weti be this? If u guys like dont ever come back. Let foolishness guide u n u will see the result. However nigeria’s got TALENTS. I said TALENTS and so know that there are many TALENTS in Nigeria entertaining nigeria africa and the world at large

26. Enny heart heart

July 25, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Team DNA. Bye psquare

27. Ada_ugo

July 25, 2016 at 4:00 pm

right! so hopefully, this is the end of the saga, and we’ll start hearing some good music again? cos seeing men airing their dirty laundry in public is disturbing, but even worse when they are brothers. hopefully, they can just MOVE ON now!

28. Funmi

July 25, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Ndi iberibe. Yeye pipo. Abeg make una release music make I gbedu jare. Nonsense and ingredients.

29. Prince

July 25, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Whoever choose o have migraine because of an artist is free. None of them is worth my happiness. they scatter, their problem. they unite, their cup of ogogoro

30. lili

July 25, 2016 at 5:19 pm

these guys are fraudsters. That is all.

31. Sylva

July 25, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Attention seekers,tryin to gain more attention by breaking up,who cares if u come back or not,break up ni,comin back together cu.yeye be smelling every time…mtcheeeeew

32. Puzzles

July 25, 2016 at 5:35 pm

I don’t care about their music. I just care that they put aside their differences. They are brothers for crying out loud.

Next time, don’t wash your dirty linen in public.

Now go work hard to give us a great album. #PSquareWe’reBackAgain!!!!

33. ThankGodForMe

July 25, 2016 at 5:37 pm

DNA DNA DNADNA DNA DNA DNA DNA DNADNA DNA DNA DNA DNA DNA DNA DNA DNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Goodgirl Danso

July 25, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Great for you psquare now give good music

35. Lami

July 25, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I knew all that drama was for publicity to a large extent…it’s a shame they let it all out that way just for more publicity– shame on you all, All of you… It’s the die hard fans I pirrry ! Thank God I don’t have time to cling unto all these artistes — they are out for money and of it means selling the most sacred thing out to make money and get cheap publicity they will do it ! Why not try it the Baddie Bey way…just focus on making good music, put all the fights in a song and stay out the media, then maybe just maybe u will continue to be relevant ! In d end someone hotter will come it’s only a matter of time so why sell out- just make good music and leave frigging cheap publicity !! Ok rant over …I ain’t talking about these players No more!!!! Meanwhile y’all Support my gal @andraroselondon and follow x muaahhh

36. mary

July 25, 2016 at 8:47 pm

why won’t you take responsibility, Mr. P actually thought that without him, Psquare would not exit, after ranting on SM to disassociate himself from the promo advert for their perfomance in Congo, threatening to take legal action, he was surprised that Paul alone put up a wonderful performance in Congo which was a huge success, he suddenly realized the need for them to come back as P-sqaure, he is always the first to run to SM for any slightest thing, Peter should grow up, we are tired already.

37. Niyoola

July 25, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Is it the same DNA that sing off key, lack stage presence and are downright annoying that y’all ar hailing to replace Psquare?

Ok

38. Rayva

July 25, 2016 at 9:14 pm

@Niyoola thank you, I thought I was the only one not into them, I had to go and listen to them again (DNA) just in case I had a hearing problem

• MEE

July 26, 2016 at 12:27 am

Abeg who is this DNA everyone’s tallking about? Never heard of them.

• D

July 26, 2016 at 11:17 am

Thank God I’m not the only one.

39. engee

July 25, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Peter I think u are suffering from attention deficiency syndrome.

40. Nakoms

July 25, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Below is my post from months ago when they “broke up” and my advice. Enjoy!

Nakoms March 15, 2016 at 2:45 pm
    Broda welcome to the matrix.

Essentially you guys have a choice. You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and you’re still PSQUARE.. You take the red pill, you guys separate.

Now let me show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

In a country where intellectual property rights are not respected and royalties are not paid you guys just killed the goose that played the Golden tunes. Permit the pun.

Your lifestyle, and taste will create a big hole in your pocket. You stand a far better chance as Psqure than as solo artistes, its what has pushed you this far, that charm which derives from being Kehinde and Taiwo.. But as solo artistes, brother make una join the cue. The industry is tough and there are far more talented singers with greater fire in the belly than any of you can muster STANDING ALONE.

Ask faze how market dey. With all his talents he has been struggling to hit that spot but its been difficult. Tu Baba has remained in the spotlight because he is a truly gifted one and humility has been his forte.

I pray that the women in your lives married you for love otherwise they are about to see a part of you they’ve not been able to catch a glimpse of. I am speaking of vulnerability when year in year out you fail to top the charts and you dont loom large in the indusrty. When you realize money is not streaming in as before and you need to explain to your spouse why junior cannot remain in that very expensive school. Just pray that vulnerability does not breed contempt.

To paraphrase peter tosh, ” you never miss your water till your well runs dry”

41. Success

July 25, 2016 at 11:48 pm

They want to discover Mongo Parck but they forgot that the second journey of mongo pack was not successful

42. Papacy

July 26, 2016 at 1:13 am

My people forget matter. This Buhari regime is enough to reset anybody’s brain to factory settings. No royalties, no shows and you think the money will fall from the sky? They should continue fighting. They forget that the Nigerian fan had the least memory when it comes to music. Once you are not in our face with gbati gbati tunes, on to the next one. So continue fighting you hear?

43. BD

July 26, 2016 at 6:04 am

Now I know that this Boy (Perter Okoye) is very stupid…………

44. Blog Visitor

July 26, 2016 at 10:01 am

Forget these ones joor…listening to Regret by Muno..no time

45. Dimma

July 26, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Stupid boys. We don’t care weda U guys come back or not. We ur former fans are so done with you guys now.

46. henrykayofficial.

July 27, 2016 at 2:38 am

p.square please pay deef eyes to wat da say…your apologise is ok. as a big fan am happy fr u guys..one love square record.

47. Chinedu isaac

August 20, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Hey guy’s all dey nid is ur prayer nd support so pls wot happn has apn, all dey nid is ur prayer nd full support not abusive words.

48. John Pedro

October 2, 2016 at 11:21 pm

Well,i used to be %1m fan of urs and made my cousin luv u guys,now he can die for u guys.plz dnt break up anymore.i luv u guys.am a song writer

49. ND-WONDER

October 9, 2016 at 10:39 am

Respect my Senior Men Paul and peter am so so glad u are back. we are happy about dat. I wish to have Collaboration with u great guys or to be in ur record label.. 08176861708 ND-WONDER I love u my mentors

50. clearance

November 2, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Haahahahaha Nigerians are just like Cameroonians when it comes to celebreties. i can immagin what was done to samuel etoo in cameroon. But i will give you Nigerians an advice! those guys revolutionise the nigerian music industry and have an everlasting legacy. inspite of their childishness; They deserve some respect though they need to be scolded at.

51. ozor

November 28, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Just happy for you guys.Thanks to peter for accepting responsibility. The truth is that people are angry cos they were hurt when u guys separated,but don’t worry u guys will win them over,I trust u guys.

52. Christlike Chukwunonyel

July 11, 2018 at 2:38 pm

People should appreciate simple sincerity!
    May God bless your skills Psquare Jare.
    Only try giving more glory to God with your gifts than to the devil and temporary flesh.

53. abbakin glova

January 26, 2019 at 2:49 pm

Nke Mji How far
    what about game Over

54. edet samuel

June 15, 2019 at 3:49 pm

i’m happy you guys are back again,thats how it should be, brothers for life;love yall