Events

See Funke Bucknor-Obruthe’s Dazzling ThisDay Style cover feature

BellaNaija.com

ThisDay Style Funke Bucknor Obruthe BellaNaija 1BellaNaija brought you the first look at Funke Bucknor-Obruthe‘s birthday shoot by Ty Bello. Since then, she has celebrated her birthday in beautiful style – click to see the Thanksgiving Service & the Rocking Party.

This morning, we got to check out her ThisDay Style cover feature and it is dazzling!

Excerpts from the Interview

Tell us about your team and how it has grown since you started out. How are responsibilities delegated? Would you say you do more or less work on a single event since yo started out?
When we started, it was just myself and one or two team members. Now, we have a structure, which involves processes. With a staff now of over 30 permanent staff and 200 contract staff, you need the right structure alongside a strong management and the right board members. It’s a full-blown army and roles are delegated and clearly defined.

Now I’m not involved in as many aspects but I am also very hands-on and I want to be involved. But, with a great team in place, it’s becoming less and less about me and more about the Zapphaire Events group brand.

How long have you been married and what attracted you to him?
We have been married for nine years and next would make it 10. My husband has the kindest and largest and biggest of hearts. He can sacrifice his last shirt on his back for his family and friends. Family is important to him. He also has the most fantastic sense of humour. What do you expect from a Warri, Isoko man?

With being a wife, a mum, a YouTube blogger, a public speaker and an entrepreneur, how do you prioritize what is important in life?
God and Family is the most important aspect of my life. Every other thing feeds into that.

What advice do you have for others looking to succeed in Event Planning?
Focus, be patient, be humble and work hard. Nothing in life comes easy.

What plans do you have for Zapphaire Events in the next ten years and what steps are you taking to achieve this?

The global brand is the major plan for Zapphaire Events. An organization that exists with the right structure and a local feel but a global content.

ThisDay Style Funke Bucknor Obruthe BellaNaija 2

ThisDay Style Funke Bucknor Obruthe BellaNaija 3

1. Cece

July 17, 2016 at 9:03 pm

The first pic is like whoa, Ty is such an artist.

• i no send

July 17, 2016 at 9:12 pm

the 1st pic ?? more like 3rd one ….she’s almost unrecognisable

2. Errr Proudly Isoko

July 17, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Errr, Warri, Isoko man? What is the correlation? Warri is predominantly made up of Urhobos, Itshekiris and Ijaws. Warri is cosmopolitan.
    Isoko on the other hand is an ethnic group made up of Isoko South and Isoko North. Nothing to do with Warri. Except of course Mr. Obruthe grew up in Warri but is an Isoko man.

• Just sayin

July 17, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Not to worry. Most Nigerians know nothing about Nigeria…ask them about the US though and then…BAM!!

• D

July 17, 2016 at 11:47 pm

I think the latter is correct – he’s an Isoko man but raised in Warri.

3. Fleur

July 17, 2016 at 10:31 pm

I have a lot of respect for this lady. She is only 40 and yet per her accomplishments, I used to think she was in her mid-50s. Beautiful and classy too. You can see she has a command of self from her facial expressions. Love me a tough cookie of a lady.

4. Chiomah

July 17, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Funke is a thoroughbred. Very professional, good natured and down to earth. She is truly one of the best event planners in the country. Congrats Funke and all the best!

5. AANUOLUWAPO OYEDELE

July 18, 2016 at 9:00 am

love this woman, her answers are also damn professional, may u continue to grow in wisdom ma

6. Abuja Bored Girl

July 18, 2016 at 9:08 am

That green dress is the life. I loveeeee it.
    Memoirsofanabujaboredgirl.blogspot.com

7. hadiza

July 18, 2016 at 2:54 pm

My dear she didn’t say it’s same or related. .. funke is way intellent than that , it just like me say I Am lagosian cos I lived all my life in lags n born in lags n most times I still say I am have PH cos my parents are from there

• CLEOBRIGGS