BN TV

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is Excited for “Alter Ego” after 3 Years away from the Big Screen! What Brought Her Back? WATCH

BN Movies & TV shared photos from the set of Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde’s upcoming movie this month – click here if you missed it!

The actress said the role will be so strong and polarizing – “…with this project you will either Love me more or outrightly begin Hate me… I’m doing something I’ve never done, I’m … to be continued..”

HIP TV reached out to the movie star for an exclusive chat about the project, its working title is Alter Ego.

She said –

“Alter Ego is amazing. For a very long time I couldn’t find a script that uhm… appealed to [me].

The more I went out of the country and mixed with my colleagues internationally I began to understand how much people respected my brand and how much people expected of me, because when you’re back here you just get caught up in your normal stuff.

So I’m doing my normal Nollywood movies … but … I see how much they expect from me and how much they want from me. It was like a reset for me. It wasn’t easy.

Every year you have someone asking me, “Omotola are you not doing movies again? Why are you not in movies?” but I said to myself until my find that project … the setup, that character that inspires me.

I had to work with them on the script but there was something there.”

She praised the director, EP and crew, saying “we are making magic, it’s amazing”.

On the movie’s release? She says they were hoping for December but with her busy travel schedule, the movie will most likely not be released until 2017.

Watch!

1. chai!

August 20, 2016 at 8:42 pm

I swear, omotola is beautiful! Cliche right? Each time I see her…she blows my mind over and over again! #crush of live….

• Manuel

September 8, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Omotola is heavy mummy

2. Zinny

August 20, 2016 at 10:59 pm

But seriously dunno why i’m not a fan

• Prince

August 22, 2016 at 9:54 am

You can’t like everyone. Its OK. Maybe with time or with this movie you can start

3. omobraggart

August 21, 2016 at 1:01 am

Omotola, stop bragging na. And also please stop lying. you are too old for that. Which colleagues abroad? Now you are considering yourself among hollywood stars? Please thank Laila that put you in a movie with Kimberly Elise that you come to LA to use as your CV. You are begging this people for photo ops. They are not your colleagues.
    Toronto film festival sef no call you.
    be lie Genny. Stop bragging and humble yourself

• Prince

August 22, 2016 at 9:57 am

The mumu wey dey your head, you’ll need to visit “The Dead Sea” for a reset.
      She’s talking about her brand, what do you have to say about yourself. Arrogant fool like you.
      Call yourself what you are else people would call you what you’re not. Take it or leave it She’s one of the most Influential Actors to ever come out of this continent.

4. cherry

August 21, 2016 at 7:43 am

@zinny because omotola have never been a good actress, she’s very mechanical, she’s pretty but ….

• Jennybest

January 24, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Seriously u are right, she is not dat good in acting just dat she is affluencial

5. De Duchess

August 21, 2016 at 9:12 am

@Cherry,
    I hope you are not a Genevieve fan, because she is one person I know that cannot act but thanks to beauty, she is a movie icon today.
    I have never seen Genevieve perform beyond what Genevieve is, and I have watched her in 98percent of everything she has done.
    The true actors are underrated. They are not in all places. Look at Ireti Doyle, Kehinde Bankole, and Brenda of Tinsel.

• Frida

August 21, 2016 at 10:41 am

What does Genevieve have to do with this? We’re talking about Omotola here …..sheesh.

• Bibi

August 21, 2016 at 1:52 pm

May I add Bimbo Akintola!!!!! My Golly, she’s so underated. Yet her performances, facial expressions, interpretation of characters are stellar.

• Gbolahan

August 22, 2016 at 2:10 am

And Lolo of Jenifas diary. You could never tell she is not igbo

• jemine

August 21, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Even mercy Johnson,funke akindle and Rita dominic are underrated …I dnt know why

6. xplorenollywood.com

August 21, 2016 at 11:56 am

Can’t the trailer just come out already?????! Let’s see u do ur thing…

7. GBOA

August 21, 2016 at 11:59 am

@ Duchess, u hit the nail on the head, the good ones are underrated .Bimbo Akintola too

8. @xanda

August 21, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Cool xx

9. kiki

August 21, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Omotola is an average actor,can’t stand to watch her,she shouts alot in her movies,thanks to marriage status

10. jemine

August 21, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Genevieve and omotola just act normal roles…Dey can’t act roles dat change dere personality….like being drunk or mad

11. ...just saying

August 22, 2016 at 8:00 am

If you didn’t find oe then why didn’t you create a script? and make the project for yourself?

12. ha

August 22, 2016 at 8:03 am

Girl, you talk too much for an A-lister. Your ego is soooo huge, that’s why you don’t get roles. They will push their release date because of you? You were to return September but now it’ ll be December? I wouldn’t invite you on my set, that’s for sure.

13. Prince

August 22, 2016 at 10:01 am

One power God gave us as humans is THE POWER OF CHOICE. Criticize her all you can. Her Life, Her choices.
    She brag o, she trouser o, she skirt o, she’s doing what she want just like as you’re here on bella. na person force you type bellanaija.

• Prince