Scoop

Watch the Official Trailer for ‘The Arbitration’ starring OC Ukeje, Adesua Etomi, Sola Fosudo, Ireti Doyle & More

BellaNaija.com

‘The Arbitration’ is so star-studded!

Last month BN Movies brought you the first look at the upcoming movie which stars Nollywood actors like OC Ukeje, Adesua EtomiSola Fosudo, Ireti Doyle, Somkele Iyamah, Beverly Naya, Gregory Ojefua and more.

ADESUA-IS-DARA-2 OC-IS-GBENGA THE-ARBITRATION-MAIN-POSTER

Click here if you missed it.

A new trailer has been released giving movie lovers more details about the movie.

‘The Arbitration’ tells the story of Gbenga (O.C Ukeje) and his employee Dara (Adesua Etomi) who had an affair. After the affair ended and Dara left the company, she sued Gbenga and accused him of rape. An Arbitration panel was constituted to find out the truth.

Watch the trailer below.

Directed by Niyi Akinmolayan, The Arbitration will hit cinemas on August 12, 2016

1. Johnny

August 2, 2016 at 12:19 pm

I like it.. one of the better trailers out there… will pay to watch this..

2. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

August 2, 2016 at 1:07 pm

I may be wrong, but I believe you do not arbitrate criminal cases and rape is a criminal offence.

3. chingasco

August 2, 2016 at 1:07 pm

The Sugar belly story?

4. anyvic

August 2, 2016 at 1:38 pm

@ Bobosteke & Lara Bian , you are right and Arbitration is just a way to see if the two parties can settle their differences. But Rape? how can you settle that? it’s a crime.

5. Tru

August 2, 2016 at 2:38 pm

wow. definitely a must watch

6. olajumoke

August 2, 2016 at 3:19 pm

@bobosteke, you are correct! but allow them, its only in movies we get to see things like this.

7. Prince

August 2, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Its OK. Someone should see it first and tell me how it is so i wont waste my 1k500.

8. Fundamental Flaw

August 2, 2016 at 4:58 pm

This is a fundamental flaw of the movie. Any lawyer who sees it will easily tell you that the basis of the whole movie is wrong. You cannot settle criminal cases via arbitration. Arbitration is used for commercial disputes.

Or maybe I am wrong and there was a clause in her contract of employment which stated that “in the event that she is raped, the settlement of the rape issue will be referred to an arbitral panel rather than the High Court of Lagos State”. L-O-L

I’m guessing what they wanted to portray was a panel of experts appointed by a court to examine the issue, but in that scenario it is not an arbitration. But I understand, “the arbitration” is more catchy than ” the fact-finding commission”.

Oh well, one more reason to watch the movie. Lots of questions waiting to be answered.

• fixnigeriaseries

August 2, 2016 at 8:18 pm

I think that’s the general twist the story is built on. That a crime that typically can’t be arbitrated, is going to be. At least that’s what I can get from the teaser. But I guess we’ll have to wait and see if they got that part right during execution.

• Yeah

August 2, 2016 at 11:50 pm

Yep, am specialized in arbitration and after reading the synopsis and watching the trailer I’m like ‘whatttttttt’, the whole procedure depicted by the movie(based on the trailer and synopsis) is totally wrong…though I’ll say it’s a nice story and I get what they are trying to portray,but Arbitration is off, I’ll watch the movie but I’m sure I’ll be pointing out the flaws n end up nt enjoying the movie,not bcos I want to only look for the flaws but becos I really knw abt the subject,or maybe ill just pretend it’s smthng else

9. MLolo16

August 3, 2016 at 2:46 pm

I read a synopsis of the film on another site & it seems as like she’s suing him and asking for shares in the company, which she helped him build. Perhaps that’s why this is an arbitration

• Lamour

October 27, 2016 at 2:40 pm

You’re correct. That’s exactly what happened.

10. Tru

January 16, 2018 at 6:43 pm

…and it is a very very good movie