Relationships

“You are in my heart like a prayer” – Mercy Johnson-Okojie & Hubby celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary

Mercy Johnson Okojie Family Photos BellaNaija (4)Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson-Okojie and her husband Prince Henry are celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary today.

The movie star and mother of 3 shared a lovely message for her husband on Instagram saying:

Fate and time have stood as a witness to our love
You are in my heart like a prayer and the mention of ur name is my worship
With you thorns feel like flowers in my hands
The biggest risk in my life is spending a moment without u
Love bows to no one and needs no permission hence ur name is in my heart like a prayer
I love u babes, everyone is intoxicated by something but I am intoxicated by u,
Ur my fantasy and my every imagination
I love u so much, my quarreling partner, my gossip pal, my trusted friend, my secret keeper and lover.
5yrs down, forever to go. Please Pray for me my friends cus I adore him and with him is where I want to be.
HWA My Hope
#thankujesus #myGodisnotamanthatheshouldlie #mama3andreadytogoagain

1. Rafaella

August 27, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Happy Wedding Anniversary MJO?

Ermmm! Bia BN I’m just “coming” from SDK. Uncle Freeze has been sacked o. He even threatned to sue MissPetite and Instablog because they wrote that he was sacked because of the throwback pic(where he was cuddling Basketmouth’s wife) which he posted on his IG.

Anyways, Don’t be afraid to post, SDK posted with evidence of the sack sha so just copy and paste and as usual be like “ACCORDING TO SDK”?

• Olori

August 27, 2016 at 5:32 pm

LMAO I kent breathe! @ copy and paste as usual lol

• NationalSquirrel

August 27, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Ehen this is more relevant news than husband snatcher with razz poem.

2. b

August 27, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Nice one,happy anniversary 2 u both.lool Abeg no go again 4 now o. Lool.

3. Merci Fan

August 27, 2016 at 1:37 pm

When a sister is still singing kumbaya after 5years of marriage and counting, then this my brother is handling his business right! And Mercy is all in, ready for the journey! Congrats guys. Mercy you are Every Woman! This makes me smile!

4. Prince

August 27, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Happy wedding anniversary. This is so sweet. 5th Wedding Anniversary with 3wonderful kids. Blessed home

5. Speak The Truth

August 27, 2016 at 2:51 pm

But why is Mercy always trying so hard to convince us that her life is perfect? “Your name is my worship, the biggest risk is spending a moment without you”, really? It’s excessive, abeg. She’s trying too hard. She over-worships the man.
    And no, I am not bitter, neither do I have any reason to hate them. Its just that in my experience, the women who make their husbands out go be gods in public are the ones who are suffering or being abused the most. What didn’t Tiwa say about her husband? “My king, my heartbeat, my best friend” and yet, look what he did/ was doing to her.
    Mercy, if you are TRULY happy, then I’m happy for you. However, the way you try so hard to prove it, I doubt that you are.

• Speak The Truth

August 27, 2016 at 2:51 pm

*to*

6. Baby gurl

August 27, 2016 at 3:43 pm

“the mention of ur name is my worship” for real? Loool ? ? ?

• Jade Edo babe

August 27, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Mercy, ur husband be Jesus. Take am easy. I don’t mind women praising their men but I give side eye only bcos women busy doing that while the man is dialing edible caterer on a speed dial. Ok, not all men cheat.

7. Awiase

August 27, 2016 at 3:59 pm

@Baby gurl,I don’t think she would really do that.Mercy is known for writing these kind of messages though.not the first time.

• safiyanú Idris

August 27, 2016 at 5:01 pm

madam know it all… learn to mind ur business. if u don’t believe in her unending real and true love for her hubby that’s ur problem. if it was Beyonce that wrote this powerful message to Jay…am sure u will drop a lovely comment…but since it is Mercy Johnson Okojie the Nigerian Diva…its not believable right??? go hug transformer if u don’t believe in Mj’s genuine love for Odi. this is real love that could make the heavens weep for more. show some love not Hate speeches.
      God bless ur Union Mercy Johnson Okojie.

• MurderSheWrote

August 27, 2016 at 5:33 pm

What is your problem? Please calm down for Jesus.

• Awiase

August 27, 2016 at 5:45 pm

@Safiyanu(madam know nothing).Call me a hater but am a step ahead of you in intelligence,duh.God is the only one to be worshipped not any human,so at times some of her messages are a bit ridiculous..I Say it as I know it.Literally it’s not right but can’t say much as maybe it’s only figuratively.If you are wise enough you won’t believe everything you read or hear celebs say or write even everyone.You would wish people well but wait till you know what happens behind closed doors.Most of the time the ones who preach “perfect” have the worst.Its their day don’t take the painkiller for someone’s headache,dear child

8. safiyanú Idris

August 27, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Mercy Johnson Okojie God bless ur Union ’til forever comes. may ur Union grow in love, peace of mind, everlasting joy, laughter and happiness. may all the blessings of a happy and blissful marriage showers in ur home forever. may u grow old in love and Grace and be the right example to others. am proud to have u as an Idol. may all ur Haters live long to see u celebrate ur 100th marital Bliss.

9. Awiase

August 27, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Safiyanu,please call everyone who says and thinks differently hater .Also believe everything everyone including celebs say even though you don’t live with them.I would mind my business just as you did by replying ,get a job as Mercy’s spokeswoman and it would do you much good.Also I know Mercy loves her hubby dearly because if rumors are true ,how many women can work and fend for their families and unemployed hubbies singlehandedly.And come out to only say how ‘rich’ he is.Man says he is a businessman,woman says he is a contractor.Siaa!!!next time.am ready for you today,bring it on.why do people always read bad into what people say and can’t take constructive criticism.?Alwaysvsitting behind phones,laptops saying nonsense because I don’t have a peppermouth?i do have a peppermouth but am only respectful.Because it’s blue,everyone should say blue.why???keep on taking Advil for someone’s migraine.

• safiyanú Idris

August 27, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Madam know it all…
      just as you’re ready to post negative comments about a woman you rarely know… that is how am ready to reply all ur negative comments. learn to celebrate and appreciate people. what’s ur beef with Mercy???? is it because d world recognized her and d sound and mention of her name can break a chord or is it because she’s happily married with kids and you’re not… madam get serious with ur life….Cuz hating on fellow mortal beings will lead u no where. d more u hate…d more she soar higher than highest.

• Awiase

August 27, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Safi,please am not jealous of her and also unlike her,my husband works and brings in all the cash so I don’t have to work right after child delivery and always so I can care for my kids and hubby.I don’t need to brag,but by Jehovah’s Grace I am also educated,happily married for only 5years now,have 3kids.She is famous,am not.She may be beautiful than I am(depends on what people think) but am not envious of her as we all have life.Please I beg you,you can’t use marriage and kids to insult me even though but all thanks to Jehovah God.Also last but not the least,my hubby has a brush and white teeth(if you want to go more crazy,this is the fire you need).Oya start!!!

• Ima

August 28, 2016 at 9:12 am

Madam you mustn’t know the source of her husband’s wealth, so because she chose to work immediately after child birth it automatically means she’s the breadwinner? You’re really not soo smart! How much do you really think is in acting her type of Nigerian movies ? I know your type of people, hateful, scornful lot! Haven’t you seen married Hollywood actresses that act immediately after childbirth just coz they love their job? Why are you soo shallow in your thinking? It’s her anniversary and she can praise her husband if she likes. Btw is money everything? So you’re the type that if you earn more than your man it automatically means he is not worthy of your praise and adoration. You make me sick!

• Abiodun Thythylayormee

August 28, 2016 at 10:32 am

Pls stop all dse.. Even if Mercy praises her husband.. That’s her right as a virtuous woman.. Let d husband be jobless from now till only God knows when….. It’s none of any body’s business… The main thing is Mercy is enjoying her marital life and trying to keep her home when she knows God loves her by giving her a very understanding crown for a hubby…. We all know what is going on afa marriage is concerned in film industry…. Many of them cannot can’t d divorce papers they have….. They divorce anyhow.. And mostly it’s cuz they want to go with big men in d society instead of hiding their heads…. So may God have mercy on us all

10. safiyanú Idris

August 27, 2016 at 6:45 pm

hmmm… reading through all dem comments… I see people just unnecessarily give Mercy Johnson okojie Hate. Mercy is generous, kind hearted humble, easy going, passionate about her job, family, fans and has no beef with noHaters….she is one of the most hardworking celebrity in Africa, yet she get Hated by people who don’t even know her personally or meet with her one-on-one. anyone who has met with Mercy one-on-one has a beautiful tale to say about his/her encounter with her. yet Haters throws fire and brimstone at her whenever she does anything. Mercy is one celebrity who will never fight a Fan or throw shades on social media or anywhere just like Beyonce.
    maybe it’s because people feel threatened by her and her success and achievements in life and will do nothing but win all the time that is why they hate her and give negative thoughts and comments about her. Go Get A Life Haters… Cuz Mercy Johnson Okojie is here to Stay. the screen is where God has destined her.

• Awiase

August 27, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Madam Idris go on talking and yabbing,come on whilst I enjoy my desert.Look at how you are suffering?But you know her personally so I would end here.Take a chill,have some ice cream and think what you want to think.Each person and his/her level of insight.But first of all,after the wahala,eat some ice cream and and have some more Advil.The first dose didn’t help you.?.Of course she belongs to the screen.Like how would they eat?.The job application is ready here so that next time I know you are making money after serving your idol.

11. Awiase

August 27, 2016 at 7:27 pm

I have your time today.what nonsense!people just tag u hater when you express your views even when done respectfully.Why??!We must all think,say behave aloud even don’t you criticize other people?Even Mercy does it.If you have gone through much life,you would know that even constructive criticism can be good and keep you on your feet.

12. Awiase

August 27, 2016 at 7:39 pm

My own sister disliked my second wedding dress and some friends disliked my hair and makeup on my wedding day but did I brand them haters?No!If I were you I would have said they were haters and said that because I was getting married and they weren’t.But No!!!And besides even though some said it very harshly and I was pained,I took it in well and felt,that’s their views and that’s ok.So why are you so bitter like that.Bye ok,the less said the better.thank you it’s ok

• Anon

August 27, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Lol at all your comments. Looks like you keep having a fight with your space bar once you punctuate.

• anonymous

August 28, 2016 at 3:57 am

Shame on you liar. It is very obvious you do not have the life you are bragging about because if you do , you will not have the time and heart to put up negative post about someone else.

• anonymous

August 28, 2016 at 3:58 am

All lies.

13. north

August 27, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Both of you should get a life! Ms I no get your time and Mz I am ready for you. Happy Anniversary to the beautiful couple….Be more succesful.

14. Lateefah

August 27, 2016 at 8:54 pm

beautiful ‘poem’!

15. Wawu!

August 28, 2016 at 1:16 am

What kinda pettiness is this?
    Shey her husband submit CV to you say him nor get work?
    Make una kuku pick date and venue to fight, una go dey alright las las..
    #WereySquare

16. safiyanú Idris

August 28, 2016 at 8:30 am

I woke up this beautiful Sunday morning with all smiles and gladness in my heart. my love for fellow mortals is pure…why should I hate on someone or waste time arguing with people when I’ve got so much to be grateful for. Madam Awiase…sorry if I hurt ur feelings but ur comments were Disrespectful and just I reacted just like any rational loyal fan would.I am proud of Mercy Johnson Okojie and I will defend her anywhere. I got her back.
    I am proud of the Life am living… I need not brag bout it Cuz wealthy people don’t brag.
    Dangote, Bill Clinton, Mark Zuckerberg, Queen Elizabeth, Michael Jackson, Beyonce/Jay never bragged bout their achievement…. so who am I to brag.
    anyways its a Happy and blessed day
    Show some love to the beautiful, incredible, amiable and super talented Mercy Johnson Okojie
    Happy Birthday Ma…
    we loving you always God bless ur new age.

• Awiase

August 30, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Safiyanu am also sorry I acted disrespectfully.i didn’t mean any harm,hate no one.What would I gain if misfortune befalls someone?And would God bless me if I wish that for someone?.No!Honestly speaking I didn’t mean any harm and only said stuff as I was quite angered.I wish Mercy’s marriage to last why?Even if she snatched someone’s husband,how do we know if she has asked God for forgiveness and has been forgiven?Also Odi’s ex wife has moved on with a new man and has a new baby.Why should this break?God has put together and no one should put asunder.May her marriage last.Also even if her hubby is indeed ‘unemployed’,and she cares for them,it’s not my money or business.Besides I know better than to trust everything said.The rest thank you all for your comments too,I love you all whatever you brand me and I would never use any thing marriage,work kids to brag,GOD FORBID!!Why? Because it can all go down at once.you can lose it all..I know people who r living proof of this.its only God and by Grace.That was not my intention.thx

• Keke

August 31, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Shut up!Idris,as if you not boasting but you are.Its God’s Grace.Now get lost you too and find jobs instead of critisizing/defending someone who cares less about your ecudtense

17. wonderer

August 28, 2016 at 5:33 pm

people just be slaying words over themselves for Mercy and Odi that does not even know/care about their existence….o di kwa egwu

18. Awiase

August 30, 2016 at 8:53 pm

I also never respect your man if he isn’t down,please.

• Yahoo

September 5, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Sorry ,meant to say I never said disrespect your man when he is down.i never said/meant that

19. Idomagirl

August 31, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Happy anniversary Mercy! Wishing you many more years of happiness…

20. WINIFRED

January 25, 2017 at 1:04 pm

HELLO MERCY, MY NAME IS WINNIE, I LOVE THIS NEW CONCEPT OF YOURS, MAY GOD GIVE U GRACE AND STRENGHT TO RUN WITH IT., WE ARE LOOK A LITTLE ALIKE AND ARE AGE MATES SAME YEAR AND MONTH, I COME TOO DISCOVER WE HAVE OOOOOOSO MUCH IN COMMON (WILL TELL U WEN WE TALK) SAME CHARACTER, MOST TIMES MY MUM, SIBLINGS, HUBBY AND KIDS SAY IACT LIKE YOU, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ACTING, ITS IN MY BLOOD, PLS EMAIL ME SO I CAN GIVE YOU MY NUMBER OR GET YOURS, EVEN IF NOT FOR ACTING, I WOULD LOVE TO, I THINK WE BOTH HAVE MUCH TO BENEFIT FROM EACHOTHER… [email protected]