News

13-Month-Old Baby Reportedly Snatched from Her 6-year-old Sister in Rivers State

Baby Eke Kidnap

A 13-month-old child, Chinazamekpere Eke has been kidapped in Rumuokurusi community in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers state, PUNCH reports.

According to residents, an unidentified woman in a commercial tricycle (Keke Napep) allegedly snatched the child who was strapped to the back of her 6-year-old sister, Chinyere Agbai, and disappeared to an unknown destination.

The report stated that the incident took place at about 8:30AM on Monday.

The mother of the child, Oluchi Eke, told Southern City News said that that was not the first time her daughter was bringing the child to her shop.

She also said that she had separated from her husband.

“This thing happened on Monday; my first daughter was carrying the little girl  to the shop on the road around Orianwo Street, by Tank junction in Rumuokurusi.

A woman in a Keke Napep dragged the little baby into the Keke Napep and went away with my child. The baby that was carrying the little girl is six years.

I was in my shop while the two children were coming to meet me because they had returned from their extra-moral class.

When the thing happened, I went to Elimbgu Police Station to report it. The police said I should be coming to the station. I have put everything in God’s hands.

I am not in good term with my husband. I am not suspecting my husband to have a hand in the act. The baby is one year, one month now.

My husband’s name is Okechukwu Agbai. I have not called him after the incident happened. I don’t know if he has heard of it.

I have been calling his number for over two months now, but it is not going. I have two children, two girls and they have taken one.

My husband did not claim ownership of the baby. I want the world to hear of the stealing of my child and I appeal to the police to help me to find my baby,” the distraught mother said.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, said he has not been briefed on the case, adding that he will call the Divisional Police Officer of Elimgbu Police Division.

Photo Credit: PUNCH

1. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 17, 2016 at 9:52 pm

I BLAME THE MOTHER, WHY LEAVE A BABY IN CUSTODY OF A BABY?? YOU SHOULD BE ARRESTED TOO.

• Darius

September 17, 2016 at 10:05 pm

What is wrong with you? This is not the time to apportion blame. This could’ve happened even if the baby was with the mother. Let’s just pray and hope for a miracle.

2. Darius

September 17, 2016 at 10:08 pm

What’s wrong with you? This is not the time to apportion blame. This could’ve happened even if the baby was with the mother. Let’s just pray and hope for a miracle.

• Darius

September 17, 2016 at 10:19 pm

BN, why are you guys duplicating my comment? It’s so not cool.

3. Gorgeous

September 18, 2016 at 1:11 am

I agree with u cake gwegs, very irresponsible mother who should be in jail. How can a 6 yr old be left to strap a baby and walk to the shop with the baby on her back!!!! A 6yr old! Jesus!!!?

• Gorgeous

September 18, 2016 at 1:28 am

*Uncle*

4. Marian

September 18, 2016 at 6:37 am

I was once a six year old trusted to watch a baby. It all depends on the level of intelligence and maturity level of the child. I know some teenagers i won’t leave my child with if i had one. I don’t see why a six year old and her her 13month bro can not walk to their mom’s store together. I’m sure it was a walking distance and they’ve done it multiple times in the past. They kidnap kids from grownups all the time too. I pray they find him alive and well. They should still find the husband just to be sure he wasn’t involved.

5. 4real

September 18, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Kidnapping is completely wrong and is a criminal offence. Also leaving a toddler in the care of a 6yr old is not wise no matter how intelligent the 6yr old is. That is absolutely carelessness on the parent’s part. If it’s in the UK, the mother would have been penalised and denied the custody of the 6yr old.

6. Marlvina

September 18, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I pray God saves the life of that baby; whatever plans they intend on the child.

7. good girl

September 18, 2016 at 7:29 pm

this is sad..PH is becoming the hq of abductions now..but still a 6yr old should never be put in charge of a baby to the extent of walking down a busy road …..i sometimes see 6 yr old walking with toddlers to school and dashing across the road …i always ask within myself were the mother of these kids are…this is more common with lower income families..sad