Relationships

#PostAndDelete: Toke Makinwa’s Bestie Kunbi Predicted Her Union a Year Ago & Said Toke will Get Married in 2017 – “Whatever you are trusting God for, don’t give up”

BellaNaija.com

Kunbi Oyelese of April by Kunbi Bridal Shower_August 2016_FRA_0122

Kunbi and Toke at her Bachelorette in Lagos – August 2016

One of Toke Makinwa‘s besties, designer Kunbi Tomori of April by Kunbi got married last weekend, and the media personality was a bridesmaid.

The night before the wedding, Toke shared on Snapchat how happy she is for her friend, and she repeated her sentiments on Instagram to inspire others not to give up on God and love several hours ago, but has since deleted the post.

Toke said while they were on vacation in Miami in September 2015 with designer Toju Foyeh, OAP Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi and Kunbi’s sister Esther – click here if you missed it, the girls were planning the 2016 girls’ trip, but Kunbi adamantly said she will be getting married this year.

On Snapchat last week, Toke said she admires Kunbi’s focus, and how she was so clear and sure she would be getting married in 2016. Toke also said Kunbi predicts that she (Toke) will get married again in 2017.

Kunbi in Miami - September 2016

Kunbi in Miami – September 2015

Kunbi in Miami - September 2016

Kunbi in Miami – September 2015

Toke in Miami - September 2016

Toke in Miami – September 2015

Toke in Miami - September 2016

Toke in Miami – September 2015

Here’s what Toke shared to inspire others –

Oh what a huge difference a year can make!!! This time last year, we were in Miami, eating out, drinking and letting our hair down and now you are on your honeymoon.

I know it is not my story to share but your faith in God for what you want has changed my life, you literally spoke it to existence.

Kunbi kept saying this time next year, I will be married and God heard. As this picture inspired me, I share to inspire someone else, God hears, whatever you are trusting God for, don’t give up.

Kunbi and Lanre knew each other for 5 years before they got married, they were introduced by his brother’s wife. The newlywed Tomoris dated once before and rekindled the relationship in the past year – click here to see their fairytale wedding!

They are now on their honeymoon in Europe – so far they have gone to Santorini in Greece and Milan in Italy.Kunbi Tomori Honeymoon in Milan

Photo Credit: Instagram.com & August Udoh Photography

1. Lolu

September 5, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Hehehehehehe I thought these 7* super successful, girl power, island living, instagram loving, luxury balling chics give no damn about marriage….. Hian, oh thou congregants of Toke moments,you Berra think twice, you will believe the gospel and pastor Toke go leave you marry go…..

• Xoxo

September 5, 2016 at 11:31 pm

People like you piss me off. Because women are successful and rich doesn’t mean they don’t want to share their lives with someone. It may be so for certain women just like its so for certain men. Stop generalizing. Its really disgusting. Not every woman or man wants to get married also, not every woman or man wants to remain single for life. Please respect people’s decisions.

• Layo

September 6, 2016 at 2:32 am

Why do people like you exist? So you would rather the 7 “Island living, Instagram balling chicks….” Confined themselves to a corner and start crying because they are over 30 and not married abi? Will that make u happy?

You know for some weird reason I do believe it would make sick people like you happy! You hate to see others happy despite whatever challenges they go through don’t you? You will rather they wore their pain on their sleeves abi? Crying upandan so miserable jackasses like you can get some satisfaction in your pathetic hateful lives??

You really need Jesus, and this is coming from a place of love. No normal being should hate on young women the way you just did. If you are married clearly you are miserable in your marriage and looking for people to join you else u will not have time to write such rubbish. And if u are single and writing such gibberish….I am sure u are familiar with karma.

To single girls over 30, keep pushing, keep your head up, keep praying, keep smiling and keep looking good….it gives haters like the imbecile above high BP. We live in a harsh world….and our culture is just plain unfriendly to women. Never let people’s words or opinion break you. Better yourself while you wait, get to know yourself better and work on your flaws. Forget past heartbreaks or relationships that did not work out…..Just trust it! What ever God blocks is not for you! Cry for a while but move on. The one ordained for you will love you…..despite your age/ crazy family opposition/ history or whatever flaw you may have.

I pray the good lord will turn to sadness whatever gives your enemies/mockers joy over your life in the name of Jesus! Oba to n doju ti elegan (The God that shames mockers) is still on the throne and you are not forgotten. Be still and watch God move!

• Naijatalk

September 6, 2016 at 11:34 am

My dear, while i agree with the larger point you have made, i find it ironic that you insulted @Lolu above with such colorful language (very unnecessary to buttress your point) and in the very next paragraph, offered a prayer. Sister lets not deceive ourselves, that was wrong. Who is answering that prayer?

• EC

September 6, 2016 at 6:40 am

Lolu you are another bitter soul. God will shine His light on your life. Successful woman does not mean “no marriage”.

Get your head out of the thinking of the 1950’s.

2. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 5, 2016 at 11:04 pm

I prophesy to get married by this time next year. Amen?

• May

September 5, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Amen. I claim it too o.

• ATL's finest

September 6, 2016 at 1:24 am

Amen?????? 🙂

3. Marlvina

September 5, 2016 at 11:26 pm

If she gets married in 2017 that will be great. But if she doesn’t, nothing spoil!! God’s time is surely the best. No one should be under pressure to get married. It’s not worth rushing into; cus when the drama kicks in, no one will be there to willingly wipe your hot tears.

4. acube

September 5, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Pls pray for me guys. I’m tired of it all as well. I’ll be 35 by december. I’m not looking forward to my birthday at all. Infact I’m going to switch off my phone on that day. I don’t want anybody to wish me a happy birthday. A guy that has shown interest in me for the past six years just told me his pastor said prophetically dt we can’t marry. I’ve never been lucky in love. I always give and give and give without a thing in return. I’ve been bipolar for d past 16 years. I use my drugs regularly and I’m fine tho I may relapse if I miss my drugs. I was recently diagnosed with high bp. I’m sad but I’ve not yet given up on love

• kilipot

September 6, 2016 at 12:23 am

Sorry dear. Who are these fVck*ng pastors gan na. They never see anything good. well u just dodged a bullet that guy is spineless believe me, after six years. Please don’t give up and don’t do something stupid to yourself. Take care

• lacey

September 6, 2016 at 12:49 am

@ acube ! It is well with you! You will be seen and taken before your 35th birthday in the mighty name of Jesus! Amen!I destroy every stronghold of fear in your life and your blood pressure is normal! Listen to praise and worship if you have access to youtube! Hillsong Ultimate Worship,Jesus Culture , Planet Shakers and Kari Jobe is very good for the spirit! Man is a Spirit who lives in a body and has a soul! Try to see yourself more as a Spirit Being than fleshy man and you will understand that all is vanity!The love of Christ is shed abroad on our lives!And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans5:5

• Ewurafua

September 6, 2016 at 1:05 am

I had given up on commenting on blogs and social media, but your comment prompted me to break my vow.
      Acube, if you cannot be happy single, you cannot be happy as one half of a couple!
      Sometimes we can be so ungrateful to God. Rather than switching off your phone and going into hiding because you are turning 35, why not see the silver lining in all this! Why not accept the birthday wishes wholeheartedly and see turning 35 as a blessing – because it truly is. There are several people who would have loved to see and celebrate their 35th birthday, but never did!
      Please love life! Please live life to the fullest! Smile. Laugh. Celebrate that day in December. Treat yourself -go out with friends/family. Who knows, that may be the day you meet THE one!

As a society, we can be so fixated on age. A lot of people think they must do this and that by this age and that age! The beauty of life is that everyone’s path is different!

You have the rest of your life to be married, so why rush! God-willing you will be married longer than you would have been single, so enjoy it while it lasts. Take care of your mental health, and don’t let anyone (yourself included) put you down for being unmarried at 34!

All the best! xx

• Duchess Maria

September 6, 2016 at 2:57 am

I absolutely love this comment!!

• ATL's finest

September 6, 2016 at 1:28 am

@ acube!!!! U said the right words ‘ U haven’t given up on LOVE’. I don’t know u or where to begin from commenting, but I will definitely say a prayer for U. I know U are probably wondering when it will be your turn, but don’t worry, God never sleeps & haven’t forgotten about U dear. It is well & God loves U the MOST & will heal you of every sickness deposited in your body will be flushed out by his precious blood.

• ANGRY ME

September 6, 2016 at 4:12 am

@Acube I know that feeling, I’ll be 36 by November and honestly iam totally grateful to God that He has brought me this far. I too wasn’t lucky with love in the past but I tell you iam happy. A friend once told me that the reason why I’m still single is that I expect too much because I give too much #lol can you imagine that. Iv had friends tell me marriage is over rated so I told myself if more than 7 people say it then it must be true. Nevertheless I do want to get married but not just to anyone but to someone I love who genuinely loves and respects me too. Iam currently seeing a guy 5 years my junior and I’m having the time of my life we have our fights and we have our [email protected] the moment iam keeping my mind busy trying to start a business that I can grow since iv been out of a job for 3 years now. I equally occupy my mind with silent prayers for myself, loved ones and my ailing mum. I might not be married but I will be someday and I agree with Ewurafua if you cannot be happy single, you cannot be happy as one half of a couple! You should try to be happy and not let a man loving you be the source of your joy. When you are happy it permeates and you glow Trust Me! I wish you all the happiness in the world and may you find your greatest heart desires IJN. Take care sister girl!!!!!

• le coco

September 6, 2016 at 7:30 am

A cube.. I hear you.. but the other cimenter are right.. focus in being single and happy.. age does not matter.. and my dear do no switch off your phone.. tou are leaving your happiness in the hands of man. It is disrespectful to God… He gave you life, health, sucess and you tell me you don’t wnt to celebrate because of a man… my dear celebrate your birthday like never before.. spilling yourself. take your friends out.. pray, and praise God for his blessings.. trust me.. It works.. you don’t hv to go to church.. me and my laptop are all the “church ” we need when it comes to praisING and worshipping God

• Jamce

September 6, 2016 at 8:43 am

The Lord God who created you has just saved you from a lifetime distress. Also, what you need more than any drug for whatever report of “bipolar disorder” or any other condition is Jesus. Jesus is real and His report says that it is well with you, spirit, soul and body. If you consider it necessary for further assistance please indicate. God bless you.

• McKay

September 6, 2016 at 9:34 am

Hi Acube,

I’ll be 35 in two weeks and I can tell you that I am very much looking forward to my birthday. You know why ? Its because I have so much to be thankful for. So many people did’t live to see their 35 birthday so the fact that you are alive and healthy is a reason to celebrate that day.
      I am single and no man in the horizon but you know what? I am happy heck, am giddy!!! I have told God that its not my will but His will and I have asked Him to grant me the patience to wait for His will and most especially the Grace to accept it. I spend my time improving myself and making me happy coz only me will make me happy and not a man or marriage. I am complete in my self and when and if God blesses me with a man and family, I will still be happy.
      I understand how you feel, the pressure and perhaps loneliness but please don’t let it get to you. On your birthday, spend time with motherless babies or some other people and trust God no matter what. I’ll pray that God will cut short the time and bless you with the man He has prepared for you and that when you see him, you’ll recognise each other.

• Xoxo

September 6, 2016 at 10:53 am

Things may not be going the way you want them to but in the bright side you’re alive and turning 35. There are people who have achieved more and couldn’t make it to that age. Don’t give up, your man is still out there and he will locate you fast. Just keeping thanking God for the things he has done for you so far and keep thanking him for the ones he hasn’t. Its really hard on women especially in our society. But don’t let that make you sad or depressed. You need to be healthy when the man who will treat you like a queen arrives. So till then just keep living and making a difference in the little way you can. You’ll be okay. *e-hugs*

• Somtoo

September 6, 2016 at 11:10 am

My sis got married at 35 to a man that is so giving and loving. My dear, dont allow life and pressures dull your shine. You need to keep living and be happy! Who wants to marry a man that is still chasing prophets anyways…..
      Be happy, embrace the age. God will show up.
      You gotta find that joy that God alone can give, Be secure in His love. Believe me, you dont want to marry wrong, It will be worse than whatever you are feeling now. Dont feel desperate and then go marry a man that will destroy

• God's Gold

September 6, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Please send me your contact details via [email protected]. I can fully empathise do not give up. I am a social worker with mental health experience in the UK and an academic interest in the area I may be able to help.

• Moyo

September 6, 2016 at 2:11 pm

I pray for you that the man God has destined for you will come your way before the end of this year. You will give testimony of God’s goodness in your life. You are blessed in Jesus name. Amen.

• Adaeze, The one whom Jesus loves

September 6, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Dearest Acube, usually i read this blog and move on, but your comment got to me.
      Listen beloved, you may be 35, but you are not forgotten, those ailments may reside in your body right now. But i want you to know they are not for you. Believe this like you have never believed anything else.
      Listen, the bible said that Jesus died and rose again, and on account of his death and ressurection, every infirmity in your life was nailed on the cross.
      Beloved, believe that you are healed and act like someone who is healed. Do you need to keep taking your meds, yes. But what is your daily declaration over your life. What do you say to yourself, and how do you act?
      If you see yourself sick, then you are, and it will surely show in your actions, but my dear, if you see yourself as completely healed, then put your faith, hope and ultimate trust in Christ Jesus, and you will not just have good health, but total wholeness.

As for the marriage and relationship part , my beloved. A man who left you because a certain pastor told him whatever, (smiles), all i gotta tell you is that “sis i rejoice with you”.
      God mercifully saw what would have brought you deeper heartache in the future, and HE took it away.
      Yes, you’re 35, but believe when i say, nothing is over, until God says its over. This is not your end, its only your beggining. Listen, your own spouse has come, a thousand day in man’s eye, is bit a day in God’s eye.

Relax, beloved, you got the victory.

• Bimbo

September 7, 2016 at 12:13 am

You give and give and give that’s why you are unlucky. Love yourself first and learn relationships are give and take. Nobody values a giver, that’s the honest truth.

5. nnenne

September 5, 2016 at 11:38 pm

May everyone’s dream come true at God’s appointed time.
    Amen.!!!

6. Leah

September 6, 2016 at 12:37 am

I have seen people get a Restraining Order for a lot less.

7. temi

September 6, 2016 at 12:47 am

BN, you threw a damn tree, not shade. Goodness. BN is worse pass commenters. Why are you making a post out of a deleted instagram post? Is it to cross reference the tea being spilled on SDK? BN, you are straight up savage. LOL

• Abk

September 6, 2016 at 1:08 am

As in! After they’ll be trying to act meek by screening comments when they’re even more shady than the people who leave comments.

• Corolla

September 6, 2016 at 1:26 am

Thank you o @Temi. Bella Naija, you aint sleek, we see you, Messy as they come!

8. Tosin

September 6, 2016 at 7:31 am

I’m here trying to remember why Toke or Kunbi matter on a ‘national’ scale. Let alone their friendship, union, etc. I’m really lost here. I know way too much about these people and I really feel like they shouldn’t matter. One of them does a vlog and wears clothes and makeup, the other got married and makes clothes. Are they also performing some sort of reality show or something? Can you just leave them and their daily activities alone? Or not?

9. Tosin

September 6, 2016 at 7:33 am

Reading the comments…toh, they matter o. I just wasn’t in the spiritual plane to understand. Let me move on to other posts.

10. Nene

September 6, 2016 at 10:11 am

What does God have to do with this? Was she not dating someone? Even if she wasn’t, she was clearly seeking for s husband. Truth is, if you want something defoerstely you will get it, whether good or bad. Nothing to do with God really. There are women and men out there praying for a spouse and they haven’t seen because they’re probably picky or not trying hard enough to find someone.

11. diva

September 7, 2016 at 11:56 am

Sad people everywhere
    God will give you all strength
    I’m all so emotional now
    Please be happy
    God makes EVERYTHING beautiful in his time