Music

“I don’t think I could be with any woman who did not know how to run a business and cook Jollof Rice” Jidenna’s Cover Photos for ThisDay Style are Stunning!

Jidenna-This-Day-Style-September-2016-BellaNaija-0004

As always, TY Bello shot it!

Nigerian- American rapper Jidenna is the latest star on the cover of ThisDay Style Magazine and his photos are amazing.

In the issue, he talks about his ideal woman and what characteristics he would like to see in her among other things.

He was styled by Yummie Ogbebor while the interview was done by Konye Chelsea Nwabogor.

Check out some of the photos:

Jidenna-This-Day-Style-September-2016-BellaNaija-0010 Jidenna-This-Day-Style-September-2016-BellaNaija-0008 Jidenna-This-Day-Style-September-2016-BellaNaija-0011 Jidenna-This-Day-Style-September-2016-BellaNaija-0006 Jidenna-This-Day-Style-September-2016-BellaNaija-0005 Jidenna-This-Day-Style-September-2016-BellaNaija-0003 Jidenna-This-Day-Style-September-2016-BellaNaija-0001

For more on Jidenna, check out today’s copy of ThisDay Newspaper.

Credits:
Styling: Yummie Ogbebor –  @s_b_youme
Outfits: Kamsi Tcharles – @kamsitcharles
Photography: TY Bello – @tybello

1. Tai omo yoruba nimi

September 18, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Eskis sir jidenna ,I can cook jollof and fried rice and even run an empire sef ..will you be mine baby? Love you since you were born

• Ot's

September 18, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Since he was born? shouldn’t you be like his granny? *my head’s shaking itself*

• ATL's finest

September 18, 2016 at 9:24 pm

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Im crying and laughing. @ Ot’s today is Sunday let holy spirit guide your thots, mouth & typing hand . This comment got me on cloud 9.

• Tai omo yoruba nimi

September 18, 2016 at 10:23 pm

@ ots calm your balls/titties or whichever one you have down . Jidenna and I have been eyeing each other since pram days yo ,so no grandma sturvs here Jor . Btw hi jide ,when we get married, me I will be calling you jide jare

• Engoz

September 18, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Lol.???

• John

September 18, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Will u say the same thing if it was pastor adeboye or any dark skinned man?

• Tai omo yoruba nimi

September 18, 2016 at 10:19 pm

@john I actually like dark skinned men ,so no biggie and if it was pst Adeboye hmmm the cooking part no prob but the 1hr prayer session ? Mba too long ,funny enough my mom and my siblings were having an argument about that part and I was like its not by repeating the same thing for 1 hr just to claim prayer warrior

• wendy ubani

September 19, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Lmao you got a point

• Fashionista

September 18, 2016 at 8:55 pm

?

• #MadeInNaija

September 19, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Classic Woman award nominee 2016…..

2. Baby gurl

September 18, 2016 at 4:49 pm

I loved the interview. Made me see him in a different light. Not only fine boy. Brains too. He’s sooo intelligent and genuinely in love with his roots. Jidenna baby I can even cook more than jollof rice. Continental dishes are my forte darling. I have two businesses under my belt too ?

3. Paul Adeyemo

September 18, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Hypocrites women, if it’s Daddy Freeze that says what Jidenna said now, there would have been World War 3 on BN. yeye women

• Marlvina

September 18, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Maybe that’s because Daddy Freeze is ”world war 3” already.

• Engoz

September 18, 2016 at 9:06 pm

It’s very simple. You and Daddy Freeze are appropriately classified as chauvinists and misogynists, and do not deserve to be cooked for. For these ladies courting Jidenna, it’s their human right to decide who they would like to cook for and who they will never cook for. You and daddy freeze did not make the cut and it is very clear why. Instead of crying on the internet, you and daddy freeze should go for a ritual cleansing or send Jidenna an email and ask him why these women would prefer to cook for him and not you, lol. Also if you are going to be bruising like a peach over every light-hearted comment, maybe you need to take a hiatus from BN. Yeye man.

• Majestic

September 19, 2016 at 5:30 am

? ? This your comment is epic!!!!

• Mz Socially Awkward....

September 19, 2016 at 11:38 am

The most epic. 😀

• #MadeInNaija

September 19, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Classic Woman award nominee of 2016

• Zoom

September 19, 2016 at 12:21 am

Because Daddy Freeze is trash.

4. long throat

September 18, 2016 at 5:20 pm

???he is cute too… Nigerian women are the best, very good in cooking and knows how to manage businesses…

5. Luvnaija

September 18, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Naija blood is very strong though!! What Jollof rice will cause Mark Nsukkabag no go fit talk am finish lol…Jidenna is smart, btw he used to be a classroom teacher, has his head properly screwed and true to his roots. May God bless his hustle

• Anon

September 18, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Really, he lectured? I know his Dad was a seasoned lecturer.

• shield

September 19, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Abeg no kee me with laff. Isi Mark gini? Nsukkabag? Choi, the names you are shearing…

6. EC

September 18, 2016 at 5:41 pm

My boo just come home. All our girls know how to cook jollof.

But funny thing he will go and carry oyinbo girl that will be ‘cooking’ sandwich ?. All this is talk

• John

September 18, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Just imagine

• Zoom

September 19, 2016 at 12:22 am

He doesn’t strike me as someone who’ll marry oyibo sha…

• Somtoo

September 19, 2016 at 1:31 pm

what is hard sef to cook jollof rice? Simplest meal ever. Is it not concotion rice again that people are here crying?? Na wa. That one is not hard na, It wont be hard to please Jidenna.
      Run a business? Hian. Open shop or give me money to help you open shop and see if i will not run it. He must be kidding when he said these things jor.

All these men crying about food, dont go and let long throat kill you o and you marry a pretender. Watch desperate housewives and see how Eva longoria made upside down pineapple cake abi pie (I dunno again) Bree cooked the whole thing. Eva pretended to be cooking cos her Husband was there in the kitchen. At the last minute, she switched her horrendous cake with Bree’s perfect one just by telling her husband she is keeping it by the window for it to receive air….Unless you plan to sit down in the kitchen with your wife and watch how she cooks from start to finish, you will be chopping The place restaurant delicacies on a daily without knowing it. She will buy restaurant food and be feeding you.

If you find a woman who cant cook but is everything you wish for, Why dont you tell her you can teach her or ask her to learn how to cook? Give her time to learn. Cooking is not rocket science. You will see blogs that will explain from start to finsh. Some women will ask you to call them and they will teach you step by step. Networks are dashing credit upanddan so calls are cheap. Skype sef is there,
      Some women have lived alone too long and dont need to cook. Some have been independent from a young age, taking care of themselves. Its depressing to cook a pot of food and finish it yourself. So you’ll rather eat out. Na wa

7. Corolla

September 18, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I hope he himself knows how to cook jollof rice. Mcheww

• AceOfSpades

September 18, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Corolla don’t kill his vibe now. If you want a guy that is rich, you don’t have to be rich also. It’s just what you want! Olu Jacobs can cook, Joke Silva can’t and they are fine!

• ATL's finest

September 18, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Joke can’t cook? How did she miss that lecture ???JK but didn’t know that. Men & food. My man told me behind my beauty & brain, if I didn’t know how to cook an friend Zone for end am ?????? like I told him U better get with the cooking program too cuz ain’t no Nanny/cook.

• EE

September 19, 2016 at 2:20 am

???? The only person here true to the spirit of the BN comments section.

8. Anon Today

September 18, 2016 at 6:06 pm

I really would love to be educated on the difference, if any, between what Jidenna said and what Pst.. Adeboye said concerning cooking and praying for women.

• .Paul Adeyemo

September 18, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Thank you @Anon today. Its hypocrisy. They are all vain women, they see one fine boy, they accept his rubbish hypothesis as the gospel truth. Mumu women that lacks core value

• Corolla

September 18, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Yes, you are right, women are being hypocritical on this post, but you also are a mumu man. It’s like you are lurking in a corner waiting for any opportunity to unleash your venom on women. When Bella reports rape cases with little girls as victims, you don’t comment. When there are stories on women accomplishing great things you don’t comment. Even political post, you keep mum, but when there is a story that you think warrants insults, your twisted mind does a happy leap , and you jump out of your dark corner.

• Lo

September 18, 2016 at 7:27 pm

The difference is clear – it’s about personal preference versus being prescriptive. Here Jidenna is talking (perhaps tongue in cheek) about what he personally likes in a woman, whereas Pastor Adeboye was making a general recommendation to all members of his congregation on what he believes an ideal spouse should be. I personally didn’t have any issues with what Pastor Adeboye said sha, he was speaking to his flock in his own context as a spiritual father and I felt there was no need for all the uproar, especially among people who don’t even go to his (or any) church.

• Engoz

September 18, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Thanks for educating the simpletons, lmao.

• Fashionista

September 18, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Omo, you’re a smart one! Aside from your apt differential analysis, i also felt it was kinda tongue in cheek.

• Anon Today

September 19, 2016 at 1:22 am

@Lo, thanks for the attempt to educate me on that. I like the part where you mentioned that Pst. Adeboye was addressing his flock; people who consider him a spiritual father. They believe him. They’ll always choose his words of advice over those of any BN feminist.
      Adeboye is in the business of giving directives to people who submit to his spiritual discretion. Don’t you think it’s also prescriptive for anyone who has access to Bella Naija to tell him how to do it? Jidenna, on the other hand, could not have been talking to a congregation but his position may not be as personal as you think. Many people see him as a role model. Believe it not, some young men will demand that their partners make jollof rice for them after reading the headline above. Jide doesn’t have to say he was advising the whole world to achieve that result. Adeboye doesn’t have to personalise his either. In truth, the congregation the said feminists sought to protect would be disappointed that such open-endedness proceeded from the pulpit.
      However, the prime reason I made my first comment has more to do with the disparity in the comments here than with who said what or the audience. None of the comments I read before I made mine touched on Jidenna’s personal preference. It was all approval and a willingness to make jollof rice raised to power two for him without batting an eyelid. I can’t question anyone who has such ambitions though. But I have difficulty reconciling it with comments made when Pst. Adeboye’s advice was posted. Remember: he was not criticised for making it prescriptive when he should have personalised it. No. He was attacked for ‘dictating’ for women in this age when both husband and wife must equally cook for the family. I’m cool with anyone who genuinely has a crush on Jidenna. I understand. But I should be surprised to find a BN feminist laughing over a man stating that he cannot be with a woman who lacks mega business sense and can’t cook jollof rice. Being a good cook is not enough, she must master the art of making jollof rice. Prescriptive or personal, such remark does not survive BN comment section. But it did today. If anyone criticised Adeboye on grounds of feminism, they lack the feminist competence to embrace or rationalise Jidenna’s by tagging it ‘cheeky’.
      @Engoz, whatever made you refer to me (and maybe Paul) as simpleton(s) … I’ve never agreed with you but I’ve never been insulting to you. I thought we were on the same plane. I was wrong.

• Engoz

September 20, 2016 at 9:19 pm

@Anon Today

Sorryyyy

9. Gorgeous

September 18, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Too fragile and sweet looking and too yellow for me! This one I will make this one cower o jare. I like men dark and manly. Neatly shaved too… Goodluck Jidenna

10. John

September 18, 2016 at 7:01 pm

And women wonder why they are not taking seriously, remove jidenna and insert pastor adeboye or any dark skinned man and you will see the hypocritical women shouting and wailing and forming thr stupid one sided feminism. .hypocrites.. i pity any man that even pays any attention to them

• Zoom

September 19, 2016 at 12:27 am

Abeg go and sit down. Why are you pained?

• Weezy

September 19, 2016 at 3:15 am

How do you know that the women making the comments consider themselves feminists?

I am tired of you people constantly bashing feminism because patriarchal women say stupid shit. Every woman is not a feminist! Every bellanaija reader is not a feminist!

11. Idara

September 18, 2016 at 7:08 pm

I don’t understand the sudden obsession with jollof rice. Jidenna is obviously kidding. I think he is smart enough to know that none of that matters when it comes to matter of the heart.

• Mr. Egghead

September 18, 2016 at 7:25 pm

He said something and you think he is kidding abi?

Na with joke dem dey tell pesin say im mouth dey smell

12. Nini

September 18, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Great photos… TY delivers as usual.

13. The real D

September 18, 2016 at 7:24 pm

For the Paul Adeyemo’s and John’s and others, Like i said during the Pas. Adeboye’s saga, I pointed out why there was such an uproar and it is still what makes the reaction of these ladies different. Pastor Adeboye was advising people, i.e instructing other people on what to seek and like Aceofspades pointed out Mr. Jidenna is pointing out what he wants in a partner and NOT advising others on what their definition of a good spouse should be or should not be. That is the difference. I don’t know about what Mr. Freeze said or the context in which it was said but I remember reading on the Pas. Adeboye’s incident. Now, let me make it clear I am not in anyway saying I am for or against any point of view with Jidenna’s case just pointing out the difference since ya’ll obviously missed it, and as for my thoughts on the Pas. I gave them at the time.

14. curious

September 18, 2016 at 7:27 pm

this is why guys like flavour keep winning. there’s no need to debate with BN ladies about all this cooking and submission things. just work hard, make too much money, or be super cute/have plenty swag…u are good to go…isn’t it amazing that with all the complaints about Nigerian men, the most promiscuous guys have the most beautiful women running after them? if u ask me I think is just nature…forget all the rantings!!! u see here…na just talk!

• LemmeRant

September 18, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Ooh Don’t sweat it.
      The mistake you’re making is taking them seriously. Whenever it comes to issues of men, feminism and the likes. Never take women seriously. They are too vain to be taken seriously.

Just take back seat, relax and watch. This is how they kill themselves with double standards and their hypocrisy.

If you have friends that are ballers you’ll know how our dear female warriors who are “independent” with great morals get f*cked in secret all the time. But they’ll still want to do good girl when they meet omo pastor.

Like Paul said, Its Mr. Freeze they can insult. Na that one they go remember feminism. If freeze was above 6ft now or a multi billionaire they wee be blushing like Uche Pedro meets Mark Zukerburg.

Like I said just seat back and enjoy the ride. They will still come back on BN to post stories that touch and start blaming the entire male species.

But I must confess, not all women are like that though. Very few of them are actually unique. The rest just dey join whatever bandwagon is trending.

15. Beard gang

September 18, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Rubbish!!! Lmao! as the wife is cooking jollof rice and managing the business empire, what will you be doing? applying curl activator and wearing ankara?! oshi classic man…LoL….. some bellanaija commenters are two-faced..i imagine it was freeze that said this, we for no hear the end.
    ehen bellanaija, i want to report some house on the rock, lekki, girls to you. i had drinks with a couple of them today, a former colleague invited me, it was supposed to be a time to loosen up and unwind so i tried to keep conversations as convivial as possible..but those babes ensured they turned it to an IQ contest..LoL..imagine them asking how many of my short-term goals i have validated this year and how i perceive feminism as a foundational tool for societal development (those were their exact words ..i swear..lol) all these at a birthday party? lol…mo gbe! one of them even told me my ‘cute’ face can’t guarantee ‘the cookie’ hey hey lol… i had to stick to my phone after a while…they had wonderful personalities though…i hope they read this..they are ardent bellanaija readers.

• Angie

September 18, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Oh my….sounds like some house on the rock babes I know.?

• The real D

September 18, 2016 at 8:04 pm

@ Bearded gang,I am a woman and i still laughed at the questions…when people are trying to form “deepness” and instead their naivety is what is been displayed. On another hand it appears feminism is becoming a religion in Nigeria these days, i responded to what i consider a narrow minded comment on one of my social media pages this past week, on feminism only to learn that feminism in Nigerian terms is totally different from the worldwide definition of feminism.

• artklub

September 18, 2016 at 9:22 pm

haba, feminism becoming a religion: exaggerate much?

• Mr. Egghead

September 18, 2016 at 9:10 pm

feminism as a foundational tool for societal development?

Am ded
      ? ? ?

• AceOfSpades

September 18, 2016 at 9:23 pm

They should have completed it now….Write an essay in not more than 800 words discussing feminism as a fundamental……..

Some women ehnnn, bird will be flying jejely on its own, they will start arguing that it is pregnant, it is not pregnant. Just admire a bird in flight….haba

• ATL's finest

September 18, 2016 at 9:32 pm

@ Beard gang lmaoooo @ your 2nd & 3rd line.. Y’all sth else today. For me, the dude is ok what’s up with the hype??? I mean ladies calm down for it ain’t that deep.. @ Jidenna what can U COOK PLS??

• #MadeInNaija

September 19, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Classic Man award nominee 2016

• tunmi

September 19, 2016 at 3:04 pm

lmaooooo and the funny thing is that we actually practice this feminism a lot oh (most parts of it anyway) without the big big grammar sef

• bm

September 19, 2016 at 4:10 pm

i have found my PhD thesis, tenks!

16. Californiabawlar

September 18, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Mehnnnn! People on BN can fight sha! Even on a Sainday? Small thing, folks go don scatter ground with plenty ishan (muscle and veins).
    I came from the oyinbo dreads comment thread, I started palpitating halfway through and I couldn’t finish reading. Too much tension. Let’s take it easy o! Hian!
    Meanwhile I know I’m culpable sometimes o but recently I noticed that I usually don’t find BN as relaxing and entertaining as I used to. So many trolls, so many trolls calling troll trolls. In fact we have the new ilk of male trolls and they are now even turning on each other! Odiegwu ? Haters nko? Everybody and they mama’s is out here saying everyone is bitter and ‘full of bile’…like what the frack does that shit even mean? ?
    I know a lot of people rub us the wrong way but I stop responding when I realize that’s their thing…it’s best to ignore a lot of these guys and keep it moving. Like the comment by most folks up here- I’d read it halfway through, smile and mutter ‘ode leleyi (foolishness) as usual’ to myself…definitely not worth the reply button o jare. Too much negative energy…phew!
    Peace, love, and jollof rice…Sunday nap becons ??

• EE

September 19, 2016 at 2:20 am

Who is this person and what have you done to the real Californiabawlar?????

• tunmi

September 19, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Prescription of life: “I’d read it halfway through, smile and mutter ‘ode leleyi (foolishness) as usual’ to myself…definitely not worth the reply button o jare.”

17. artklub

September 18, 2016 at 9:27 pm

So cool to see these petty guys all jealous of Jidenna lol! We are proud of the boy jare, please take a seat if u can’t deal. We like his swag and his character seems nice. He shows respect for his fatherland, that shows how much pride his father instilled in him. He carries that pride and intelligence with him everywhere. What is not to love about that? Or you can only understand when we ladies appreciate inarticulate yahoo mpekem naija music stars who sing about money all the time? This kid has got a degree and still followed and succeeds at what he loves which is music. He does not show exploitative and degrading imagery. He brings added value to the pop music palette. Deal with it BN boys!

• Engoz

September 19, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Thank you o. See as they are jealous of Jidenna. I don’t like rap but I’ve watched Jidenna’s videos. The ladies are carefully selected, classy, sophisticated and chic…a far cry from the typical misogynistic hiphop music. His interviews are also articulate. It already tells you that this is a classy intelligent man. Now dirty and very ugly niggas like Paul Adeyemo and Freeze wanna reap what a Jidenna has sown or chop when a woman cooks. Ain’t gonna happen under my watch. Even our foremothers refused to cook for bad men like Adeyemo and Freeze. Check history! Good men shall be praised and cooked for, misogynist Nigerian men which make up the majority shall be annihilated on BN and will not be cooked for.

• LemmeRant

September 19, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Lol. Like I said don’t sweat it.

The problem is when the Jidenna’s of this world and the Flavour’s of this world break your heart now. Its the Pauls, freeze etc. that you’ll come and vent on. That is when you’ll not let us rest with your criticisms.

Me I wee just be sipping my tea and watching you people.

I’m not surprised by all these. I see it happen over and over again (which one is my own)

18. [email protected]

September 18, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Be careful how you listen. Ask those whose marriages have stood the test of time. They kept women from their home

19. Beard gang

September 18, 2016 at 9:30 pm

mr.egghead and the real d…..lol….the matter tire me o. so many redundant questions, trying to prove how ‘sophisticated’ they are. one of them just texted that she read my comment, we had a good laugh anyway. [email protected] feminism is now a religion.

20. Winners

September 18, 2016 at 10:20 pm

??????????? 9ja girls with celebs una no go, go find better thing do

21. Menninist

September 19, 2016 at 1:33 am

Sigh see Women are not consistent and are only listen to a man when he is handsome or rich- I usually comment alot of chauvinistic rhetoric on bellanaija and the babes usually attack me, because they cannot see whether I am handsome, or that I have money. In fact in outside of bellanaija the majority of Women love the fact, I know what I want in women (submissive), they like the fact that I am earner, I am ambitious and arrogant being sexually attractive is just a plus.

Outside of convos about , politics, religion ambitions, Ideas, family etc. Majority of my time with a babe is her fixing me food (or asking if im hungry) and us having sex. probably like 65-70% of the time : )

• Na

September 19, 2016 at 11:57 am

Dude! You attract what you attract because you are who you are.

No strong and purposeful woman would ever want you. Just the same way you wouldn’t want her. Everybody is happy.

Enjoy your cooking and sexing docile chics.

22. John

September 19, 2016 at 8:07 am

feminism as a foundational tool for societal development??.lol, is that a thesis topic??. I would have excuse myself and find another table.. it is better to be alone with your phone than to be in thr company, for their mind , they are intellectuals who are making sense, dumb black people kai..

23. favour

September 19, 2016 at 9:56 am

About 90% of Nigeria women ar great cooks, so I don’t think getting his type of woman will be difficult.

24. good girl

September 19, 2016 at 11:08 am

i agree that there is a double standard and hypocrisy in all this ….now i hear ” obviously he was kidding”? really? where u there???….we don’t know what we want in this country for real…

25. #MadeInNaija

September 19, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Just read the massive humor content in so many of the inspiring contributions… I had a hearty laughter, Monday morning notwithstanding. I feel like removing my office shirt and wearing Ankara (kili kili star) shirt (oops no curl activator in sight…) and looking for the next available MP (Mama Put) to eat party jollof rice….. Nigerians, you all are classic guys and babes. Well done.