Events

BellaNaija Living: Adrienne Bailon & Israel Houghton’s Wedding Shower

Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Wedding Shower_152016_7This past week gospel singer Israel Houghton and The Real co-host Adrienne Bailon had a Paris-themed ‘wedding shower’ instead of a bridal shower at Fig & Olive in West Hollywood, California, USA.

They were joined by good friends, The Real co-host Jeannie Mai, Julissa Bermudez and more.

The couple got engaged in Paris this August – click here to see the dreamy Euro trip leading up to the proposal and stunning ring.

See some photos from the beautiful soiree – Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Wedding Shower_152016_3 Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Wedding Shower_152016_1 Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Wedding Shower_152016_2 Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Wedding Shower_152016_4 Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Wedding Shower_152016_5 Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Wedding Shower_152016_6

The Couple Dancing

Us ♥ Slow Dancing to a song that only we can hear… ha. Always in our own little world.

A video posted by Adrienne Bailon (@adriennebailon) on

Photo Credit: Instagram.com | @adriennebailon | @ihoughton

1. seriously

October 15, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Hmmm, I believe in living your life. But Damn, can you please have some respect for the woman who stood by you from the beginning, wrote/co wrote some of your best gospel songs supported your ministry while you were also chasing other women and gave birth to your children. No need to be so public with your new found infactuation. Adrienne sure likes certain men to feel better about herself. Her last fiance also was married with kids.

• tunmi

October 15, 2016 at 5:11 pm

New found infatuation…. Ouch. In your words, respect would be them just not loving one another or hiding their love. His ex wife is not objecting to any of this. In the words of Mayorkun, why you carry carry fire for your head”. Some people don’t carry marriage on their heads the way most Nigerian women do… Y’know, it is not their only identity

• Funmi

October 18, 2016 at 12:24 pm

tunmi

God bless you my darling.

• Truth hurts

October 16, 2016 at 2:22 pm

So judgemental fowls will be judging others, when they have probably done worse? What is wrong with people please? No one is perfect my sisters and brothers. Stay in your lane, thank God for your own life and lock up. You must be very stupid if you think God thinks the same way you do. If his ex-wife really wanted him, I’m sure they’d have worked through their issues.

• Seriously

October 17, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Respect doesn’t mean hide your love but they both doing too much and trying to prove something which is so unnecessary. I’m sure his ex wife is happy to be free and living her own life but it’s just weird these two are all over the place. When you are truly in love, happy you just live life. Sometimes even become more private without trying to.
      @truth hurts. you are an idiot. It’s not a battle of who’s done worst or not, it’s just sense of respect for someone you once loved, shared everything with.

2. Bey

October 15, 2016 at 4:48 pm

I don’t like dis Union, don’t know why………
    I want better for Adrienne
    Hope it last, she’s such a sweet girl. Plus they are doin too damn much……….

• purplieciousbabe

October 16, 2016 at 8:37 pm

I often wonder if people actually learn from their past mistakes or the ones of others.
      Especially celebraties. Only thing I can say, is I wish she kept it her situationship not relationship to herself and family. When s hits the fan though!
      Brad Pitt and Angela still loading. lol.

3. Leah

October 15, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Lets hope they both don’t use the words “for better, for worst”, “forsaking all others”, “be faithful to you”, “till death do us part”, etc. Otherwise, they should be fine.

4. Rubbish

October 15, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Mscheeew!

5. Natalia

October 15, 2016 at 6:07 pm

If he has sought the genuine forgiveness from God, then it’s nobody’s business the wrong decision he has made in his past. They are so in love…. God bless and keep this union. If Adrienne wants to express her love for him, why should she suffer the consequences of his past actions?! Live and let live! If you don’t want to see, just scroll by! It’s really easy you know

6. dupsy

October 15, 2016 at 6:34 pm

I feel they both need to be less flaunting of their love because all this love fades so easily when the reality and troubles of marriage start! And people will start judging them based on all what they are doing now especially since Israel divorced his wife. One thing I have learnt about social media is people don’t forget and public sentiment is really unforgiving even if the people involved have forgotten and moved on. Use Brad Pitt as an example!

7. Giddygal

October 15, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Wish them all the best..the deeds already been done and he cannot go back to his ex.After all God is a God of second chances.
    But man he should talk to the fiancee about her dressing..bit immodest in my eyes for a wife of a worship leader??

• Chi

October 16, 2016 at 6:19 am

He’s not a real worship leader. By his actions we can tell. Stop holding him to that high standard. Now you appreciate why his fiancé is dressed like a @&£

8. Temitope

October 15, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Which one is wedding shower again. Dear husband where are you na. I promise not to bother you for wedding shower o, bridal shower o, hen night o, engagement shower o abi na party dem dey call am, wedding soiree, after party e.t.c . Just come forth.

9. o

October 15, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Please what’s the difference between a bridal shower and a wedding shower?

• Mo

October 17, 2016 at 12:22 pm

A bridal shower is for the bride and her friends; a wedding shower is for the couple and their friends.

10. ladybird

October 15, 2016 at 8:46 pm

These people are unbelievable and ridiculous. Smh.. and Houghton should be staying out of the spotlight. Apparently he just got ordered to pay child support for 2 kids!..2 kids out of his 20 something year marriage! Smh life will be so much better if we stop living by our selfish desires without any considerations for others.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

October 16, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Wait… Stop. Are you saying he had two kids on the outside during his last marriage????

Stop. This is news to me… And the penny finally drops. When his press statement mentioned one party being unable to forgive the other, I knew there’d been something but didn’t think it was to that magnitude.

Plus, for everyone who said the ex should have forgiven him… I guess we have some inkling now why her forgiveness may have been so delayed. You fall and fertilise another woman once… Okay, let me deal with that. You fall and keep falling till you fertilise her a second time??? Right. My lawyers will need to deal with it on my behalf.

In fact, I’ll beg to differ with the theory that he’s causing his ex-wife any pain by flaunting Adrienne all over the media. For all we know, she’s probably reading all of this and playing Israel’s very own “I’m trading my sorrows! I’m trading my pain! I’m laying them down, for the Joy of The Lordddd!!”, as she starts a fresh chapter of her life.

• Ekbasis

October 16, 2016 at 3:58 pm

bossip.com/1364628/bossip-exclusive-attorney-general-sues-adrienne-bailons-preacher-fiance-israel-houghton-over-secret-love-children/

Its true. Bossip even has the legal papers. I am so shocked and disappointed. Really he had a side chick while he was leading worship around the world. He that thinks he stands should take heed o. God help us all. I am just in shock.

• Idomagirl

October 17, 2016 at 5:48 am

My dear he fathered two kids o, aged 4 and 2. Just imagine.
      And he had the gall to say he’s divorced cos his wife couldn’t move past the affair.
      SMH

• EbonyFre

October 18, 2016 at 10:01 am

Fertilise though? Lmao.
      Men need to man up. Sigh

11. Temitope

October 15, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Dear husband, where art thou. I promise not to bother you with wedding shower, bridal shower, hen night, engagement party, after party, wedding soiree, nothing at all. Sha come forth.

12. ttt

October 15, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Yes two boys on bossip and the second child is two years old. Honestly I lost so much respect for him so this means after the wife of 20years then the side chick with two children and then now her. He’s busy sha no wonder no new album. Anyway sha he came out to tell us he doesn’t owe child support so we thank God.

• mela

October 16, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Seriously…..wowww. Dis is news to me….Just hope he wouldn’t cheat on dis lady as it is his style
      Isreal the love I had for you was great but u have taught me a hard lesson. Don’t bother singing any Christian song again.

13. excel

October 16, 2016 at 12:43 am

Na wa oooo

14. PEN

October 16, 2016 at 11:56 am

“What shall we say? shall we continue in sin so that grace may abound? God forbids”.

15. Kiks

October 16, 2016 at 5:09 pm

These ‘#freeBornagains’ I mean the #’Icandoanything & #Jesuswouldntjudgemeones worry me….first you tell us there’s nothing between you and Adrienne when you were caught kissing, next, you divorce!…next you flaunt your intending marriage to same so easily…..any concern Sir as to how torn your young followers will be? if a leading gospel singer like you can shed off his marriage like an old shirt they’d worry!….oh..i heard you say ‘Let the bible be your standard not me’..Yes, I hear you ..well even though me thinks you’d be the only bible someone will ever read *sigh* this .#new&amazeballschristians

• Babe

October 16, 2016 at 11:55 pm

My dear this is the new style of christianity o… Flaunt your breast and still quote scriptures and even get invited to come speak to growing christians because #Godlooksattheheartandnotmyphysicalappearance. God help us (including me) to live the word in honesty and in truth. Amen

16. e mi ni

October 16, 2016 at 6:36 pm

this news about him having other children is really sad…. i pray that whatever the outcome of this saga, we see God’s mercy and redeeming hand.
    This news may be very interesting to us, but there is no way that Israel Houghton’s adultery has not and will not cause deep wounds that require healing. I pray for him, meleasa houghton, adrienne bailon, devawn moreno and the children that he has fathered, God who convicts, forgives, shows mercy, redeems and judges righteously, come and show up as God in this matter.

• Giddygal

October 16, 2016 at 9:48 pm

That news just broke my heart.I now understand why the ex wife couldn’t forgive.
      To think that he was one of my favourite worship leaders..went to his concerts twice!Things are not always what they seem indeed.
      Praying for God’s grace,mercy and peace.
      Really ties in with what was preached at church..the prodigal son.Hope he has made his peace with God.
      The Christian walk aint easy at all.

17. jide

October 16, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Na here we go dey sha. Where is Tamar? Lmao

18. Louda

October 17, 2016 at 3:20 am

Adrienne has so wanted to be married that’s why she is entering into a ditch with her eyes wide open. How can a man who can father a child outside wedlock be ur husband. he will still father more when he marries you. The same way she is flaunting him now, that’s how loud it will sound after he cheats on her and gets her divorced. it might take time but it will happen like the JollyPitts. Haba. Wise ladies don’t flaunt men.

19. Koffie

October 17, 2016 at 8:26 pm

BN folks, I’m searching for a job urgently. I have a degree in accounting and almost done with my professional exams. I also have about 2 years experience in management consulting.
    I got laid off at work and I don’t want to be out of a job and have gaps on my CV.
    I’m interested in financial management or business performance monitoring roles. Something purely finance.
    I really can’t put too much about myself up here but if you’d like to discuss opportunities at your organization with me, I can leave an email address.
    I really hope people get to see this. I’m devastated at this time…

• theo mama

October 18, 2016 at 8:43 am

Why dont you drop an email ad through hwich people can reach you.

• Koffie

October 18, 2016 at 11:26 am

You can reach me via this address [email protected]

20. deedee

October 20, 2016 at 11:24 am

Women are more sensitive when they find happiness…i.e when they leave a failed relationship to a better one.. but men i dont get it, check out most men that find so called….LOVE flaunt it like the last one they were in was hell … i dont get it.. The height of insensivity is just absurd

21. Donna

November 2, 2016 at 5:40 pm

To my Latina hermana and her hubby to be, Israel, I wish you both years of extreme happiness. May God bless your marriage always.