Music

Israel Houghton has Proposed! After He Swept Adrienne Bailon Off Her Feet with Europe Vacation – Paris, Santorini, Mykonos & Even Flew Her Parents In!

BellaNaija.com

Gospel singer Israel Houghton and The Real co-host/singer Adrienne Bailon confirmed their relationship earlier this year, after photos emerged of them on vacation.

And he has just proposed this evening, after an epic Europe trip.

Click here to see photos of having fun in the sun.

Israel confirmed the relationship in an open letter and refuted claims she broke up his marriage,

then Adrienne confirmed it as well on her talk show.

Before the epic proposal in Paris, stops included Santorini and Mykonos in Greece, where he penned captions about caring less what others think and living his life.

In Greece

Israel's Caption: Breakfast in paradise... With this beauty... My heart is full... My God is Good.

Israel’s Caption: Breakfast in paradise… With this beauty… My heart is full… My God is Good.

Adrienne's Caption: I promise you peace, despite the tumultuous torrents you've endured, I promise you peace, and I promise it soon. Those who, with temperance, with grace, face the strong winds blowing against their faces, are those who appreciate the sweetness when the breeze finally finds its way to their backs.

Adrienne’s Caption: I promise you peace, despite the tumultuous torrents you’ve endured, I promise you peace, and I promise it soon. Those who, with temperance, with grace, face the strong winds blowing against their faces, are those who appreciate the sweetness when the breeze finally finds its way to their backs.

Israel's Caption: One day it just clicks.... You realize what and who is important and what and who isn't. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself. You realize that you're better off with 5 true friends and loved ones who love you no matter what- than to have 500 friends who only love you when you/ your gift make them or their brand look good. You see just how far you've come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that they'd never recover. And then you smile... You smile because God is so good and faithful in His unflinching love - you smile because you are truly proud of yourself, and the person you fought hard to become. You smile because you have 5 people who helped you in that fight; and are still standing, or sitting... In Greece. In Peace.

Israel’s Caption: One day it just clicks…. You realize what and who is important and what and who isn’t. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself. You realize that you’re better off with 5 true friends and loved ones who love you no matter what- than to have 500 friends who only love you when you/ your gift make them or their brand look good. You see just how far you’ve come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that they’d never recover. And then you smile… You smile because God is so good and faithful in His unflinching love – you smile because you are truly proud of yourself, and the person you fought hard to become. You smile because you have 5 people who helped you in that fight; and are still standing, or sitting… In Greece. In Peace.

He also added on another photo,

Stop explaining yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you. Instead, focus on the One who understands you because He created you.

Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Europe Vacation_3 Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Europe Vacation_5

In Paris, he surprised her by flying her flying her parents there to celebrate their wedding anniversary, and also their proposal. How romantic!

P A R I S ??? The love of my life gave me the sweetest surprise EVER yesterday morning when we landed in Paris... MY PARENTS!!! It's there wedding anniversary so, he flew them here to celebrate! Ahhh still in SHOCK... My heart is so full it could BURST! ❤️ Watch our Family Parisian adventures! ? RealAdrienneB

P A R I S ???
The love of my life gave me the sweetest surprise EVER yesterday morning when we landed in Paris… MY PARENTS!!! It’s there wedding anniversary so, he flew them here to celebrate! Ahhh still in SHOCK… My heart is so full it could BURST! ❤️ Watch our Family Parisian adventures!
? RealAdrienneB

Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Europe Vacation_7

The rock! against the glistening Eiffel Tower lights.Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon Europe Vacation_proposal_ring

Video

You. Me. Oui.

A video posted by Adrienne Bailon (@adriennebailon) on

Photo Credit: Instagram.com | @ihoughton | @adriennebailon

1. KARASHIKA

August 13, 2016 at 3:09 am

Awwwww…. love is beautiful. Congrats to them.

• Red

August 13, 2016 at 6:37 am

That ROCK is ??????? Dear Future Husband, no vex. I’m an Igbo girl. I love good things. And I work hard. Spoil me small Biko. In other words, this is my kind of “ọla” or “njikọ aka mgbanaka”. ????.

• Afis

August 13, 2016 at 10:43 am

Very beautiful…..

• Truth hurts

August 13, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Many congratulations to them. I find it funny that the same Bellanaijerians who protected a certain pastor who cheated (without giving a robust reply ) are being spiteful towards another who publicly came out with it and apologized. Yall need a chill pill. Congratulations to the new couple. GOD bless you both brother Israel and Adrienne.

• Divaa

August 14, 2016 at 5:21 am

I don’t mean to bring in the negativity but why do I feel like this two won’t last. This is even her 3rd proposal that she’s accepting

2. eyong

August 13, 2016 at 3:14 am

Congratulation! I only pray he doesn’t cheat on her like he did his ex. And for all the sanctimonious bible thumbers who are about to start spraying bile on their relationship. Israel is only human. He is a red blooded man and will desire pretty things when he sees them, Sometimes it’s even because you guys put so much pressure on them to be perfect that they stray and start doing heinous acts. STOP WORSHIPING YOUR PASTORS!!! That’s too much pressure for any regular human to carry. Pray for them and hope they go down the right path. Simple as that.

• Seriously

August 13, 2016 at 4:11 am

This may sound wrong and selfish but if you are not happy in your marriage, don’t suffer yourself life is too short. A man or woman may be nice but it still doesn’t cover the emptiness that you feel deep inside. And if another person gives you the peace that you desire, go for it. People marry under pressure, uncertainty, and even thought this is who God had in plan for them when in reality it’s not. I’m not condoning cheating at all. If you are not happy, and you don’t see any hope don’t cheat, don’t abuse just end the relationship/marriage. Peace and happiness is irreplaceable. Nothing compares to it.
      Congrats to Adrienne and Israel. I wish, they were more lowkey, private bcos when you start flaunting your love, you lose focus of the main thing.

• Chika**

August 13, 2016 at 11:31 am

I think that’s a very selfish way to live. Do you not consider your spouses feelings? What makes you think you won’t feel empty and unhappy with the new person? I think if you are not happy and your partner is truly trying, you should not leave him/her. You stay to figure out what is truly making you unhappy. Our feelings/love/infatuations fluctuate and you should not make life changing decisions based on them alone. At some point, we have to be content with what we have. If someone respects you, you have great friendship and you are relaxed around them, please, be grateful.

• Seriously

August 13, 2016 at 3:01 pm

@chika
      I disagree. I think, you are selfish when you deprive another person of what they truly desire and maybe sometimes deserve. Honestly, his wife deserves her peace and him as well, as weird as that sounds. One person trying will not change anything or make any difference. It has to be TWO working together towards something, if it’s not you are honestly wasting your time. When one spouse checks out, and he/she is not willing to work on anything. You better move on with your life. It will only lead to more frustration, anger, resentment, bitterness and so forth. Life is too short to live in such misery. Israel already checked out of his marriage and obviously was not willing to work on anything. Do I think this is genuine or just a phase of infactuation? I don’t know, only time will tell. But this is what he chose to do now, let him go ahead. Clearly, he didn’t want to be married to his ex wife anymore. Feelings change but marriage is a big deal and once you take a BIG step to cheat on your partner, break the vow and go further with it, well it’s over emotionally and mentally. Will I be surprise if he cheats on Adrienne too? Not really.

• Naijatalk

August 13, 2016 at 4:16 am

Your comment is top notch silly. “He is human and will desire pretty things when he sees them” His ex is not ugly by any standard.
      Why do some people just seize on any opportunity to lambaste “bible-thumpers?” Some people still value values you know.

• Naijatalk

August 13, 2016 at 4:22 am

How is the expectation that one stay true to his marital vows putting pressure on him? Sometimes we invite foolishness to roost.

• eyong

August 13, 2016 at 10:10 am

Shut up, reading and comprehension go hand in hand. If you don’t know what someone is referring to then try to understand… I’m referring to his relationship with Adrienne because she’s walking around in a flimsy bikini and is a generally openly sexual person and he’s a pastor and a lot of people have rubbish to say about it. I clearly started my comment with “I pray he doesn’t cheat on Adrienne”. He’d already separated from his wife for over a year before he started dating Adrienne so I don’t know why you guys keep bringing the poor girl into all this rubbish. He made a very public announcement and confession about what he’d done and asked for forgiveness. If he’s decided to move on with his life and new wife then no body is the better to judge. My comment in no way referred to his ex wife being ugly or not good enough or that his having an affair was okay in anyway. Now please, next time learn to deduce the different statements Within a comment so that you don’t come off sounding stupid.

• Naijatalk

August 13, 2016 at 11:19 am

@eyong, You are my friend art poor in reasoning and thought, and yes your comment is silly. Where in my comment did I mention Adrienne’s name? Israel took vows to a woman and broke the vows. And you say bible thumpers worship their pastors and put pressure on them? In his position as worship pastor, wasn’t he getting paid? Is it too much to expect him to actually perform in his function and abide by the expectations of his organization? So if now he is getting some heat, why is that abnormal? It comes with the position. He has apologized and moved on but you are the silly one bashing bible thumpers. Keep hailing foolishness ok. Everyone looking for ways to be relevant by insulting religion.

• Iris

August 13, 2016 at 5:13 am

I get what you’re saying, but sometimes they come off as sanctimonious and preachy, shaming you in church. It is hard not to judge them when they fall. I remember one time in uni this junior pastor guy gave an address in the middle of a black history month celebration. We went from cheering to a hip hop performance to hearing a mini sermon about students not caring about God and giving out club flyers but being too ashamed to give out religious pamphlets at the mall. He finished with ‘If Jesus came tonight where would he find you? In church or at the club?’ Needless to say our collective shame almost killed our vibe that night.
      Fast forward to a few months, we found out he had gotten a girl pregnant. I’m sorry but I judged him more than a little bit. Nonsense. Sometimes we don’t put them on a pedestal. They stick themselves up there. Then when they fall it’s all ‘Pastors make mistakes too.’

• *rme

August 13, 2016 at 6:13 am

Wish I could love your comment more than once. This pastors are only humans statement is soo irritating. Don’t get me wrong, they’re humans…obviously. But they have a job to do and a standard to live up to. Is there pressure? Of course! Is it easy? Of course not!
      But When you fall off that standard pls expect judgment because you judged others when you were on the altar, you preached and told them that what they were doing was wrong, so expect the same hand to be dealt to you.
      When pastors mess up, it’s suddenly “oh, I’m human” “oh, there’s pressure” “oh, they put me on a pedestal” but when you were collecting millions, flying private jets, waving your hanky to have people fall like dominoes, watching them touch you as you walk by, you didn’t know you were on a pedestal or you were busying enjoying its height?
      Pastors have a lot of influence and I can’t imagine the pressure on them to live up to the standard, but it comes with the job. Deal with it.
      This doesn’t mean that pastors can’t fall, but it’s this attitude of you can’t judge me, accept it ‘cos I’m human, you can’t tell me what to do, it’s between me and God, that’s totally wrong esp. for men of God. I can judge you because you judged me, I can’t accept it because you presented yourself as superhuman, and no, it’s no more between you and God, it’s between God, you and everyone of us who visit every Sunday to listen to you. #backtobed

• Naijatalk

August 13, 2016 at 11:24 am

@rme, @iris, God bless you plenty

• Awiase

August 13, 2016 at 5:16 am

@eyong,he would desire pretty things,does it mean his ex-wife was ugly?.Only time would tell whether one is changed or not though.Whether the outcome is good or bad she knows what she went in for so there…Her life

• Deception and Pride.

August 13, 2016 at 7:52 am

“” focus on the One who understands you because He created you.””

Is this the same “”One”” Who says “”flee all appearance of evil””?
      Who says “” flee from sexual immorality”‘?

All this travelling around together and with Adrienne wearing all these sexually explicit outfits, are they staying in separate hotels, separate rooms? It doesn’t look like it. Is there, are there chaperones? Doesn’t seem that way. With all this and all he kissing we’ve seen, are they staying sexually pure, are they fleeing sexual immorality, are they avoiding fornication? It doesn’t look that way.

Yet, “”God is good and faithful”” and he “”understands””.

Let us pray for our brother (and Adrienne.)

And for each other.

For:

“”Let he that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.””

• Sherifa

August 15, 2016 at 10:35 am

You nailed it!!!!! nothing more to be said!

• Chi

August 16, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Thank You! Thank You!! Thank You!!! when people fall they find a way to justify their mistake…

• EC

August 13, 2016 at 8:06 am

Eyong, your points are very valid. You know sometimes as being human we tend to judge first. I just hope all goes well and hope he made amends with his ex wife. We should not worship pastors I have learnt that.

3. Awiase

August 13, 2016 at 5:12 am

How I wish Adrienne woulda kept mute over it this time.So that even if it doesn’t end in marriage she quickly sweeps it under her carpet.Unlike the other time where she let it out on tv and had to also talk of the break off which made me feel very sorry for her.

4. Daisy

August 13, 2016 at 5:51 am

Another proposal for Adrienne. Sigh!

• Favour

August 13, 2016 at 7:09 am

No I won’t judge her or Isreal but they should be sensitive because of the ex wife…

• Sisi

August 13, 2016 at 11:26 am

This is it. Yes people will make excuses for Israel because we are all sinners blah blah blah but does that take away from being considerate and sensitive with all this sharing when you have an ex wife who you cheated on and is most likely still dealing with the emotional and other effects of the end of your relationship? Whilst your happiness is of course paramount (it’s 2016 afterall, narcissists all around) surely you loved this woman once and the speed at which this has happened as well as it being plastered all over social media is insensitive and your character is questionable. Adrienne and Israel good luck.

• Olanna&odenigbo

August 13, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Speaking about ‘insensitivity’, especially being on the receiving end …. imagine my past few weeks /month when a short term relationship with a colleague ended, simply cos I asked for some space to sort out some issues that were affecting us… then, he shuts down…after a while, came and was forming being sorry bout denying me the understanding he promised….knelt down ontop the matter, suggesting we find a way forward, I said we had to face our issues realistically and I was open to considering said middle ground if he had a suggestion…. we got on being cool and exactly a week later, he shows up to d office with the ex girlfriend he told me was a fling and out of the country, but was suddenly back and disturbing him…. long story short, she’s now our unofficial colleague with her almost daily appearance, and I have had to deal with watching all this and trying to maintain some semblance of my peace… somedays with more anxiety than others….. Add intense work pressure to that….lost two critical staff in my unit and the outstanding deadlines landed on me all in the same space of time… the feeling is better imagined I tell u…better imagined.

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

August 15, 2016 at 6:30 pm

@Olanna&odenigbo
      I’m so sorry, Love. Sometimes being vulnerable and open in things like this make us heal faster. No need for all that be strong mantra. There really is no formula with these things. The small-minded ignoramus with his pint-sized ego and insecurities should bring all the ex Miss World’s sef if he likes. It’s painful but don’t be afraid of what you see.

If you could speak to your bosses about the current state of your work schedule… Sometimes they overestimate our abilities.

5. Favour

August 13, 2016 at 7:11 am

No need to display all of these, keep it to close family and friends

6. BlueEyed

August 13, 2016 at 7:21 am

I am genuinely happy for Adrienne and I hope this one is IT. A bit too early in my opinion, but who cares they are happy and in love! Can’t wait to see the wedding (but on the REAL tho, she should put in on wraps)
    OAN I wonder if Tamar Braxton would be invited to the wedding. Lol

7. xplorenollywood.com

August 13, 2016 at 7:23 am

As it rocks their boat! Just Not sure of anyone who leave their partner of years to marry some1 else after a couple of months of dating. And even though it’s their happiness moment, as he said why not share that Joy with 5 of ur close friends as against millions of people.

8. Shior

August 13, 2016 at 8:24 am

Where does his wife of 20 years start from? So its so easy to move on huh. All her investments? Her love? Her time? anyway isreal kinikan if you read your bible as a ‘believer” you know re marrying will be classed as adultery except you are widowed?

Maybe i dont understand what Matthew 5 vs 31 was saying (applies to MEN not just women ) but hey what do i know. I hope melissa can pick herself up and move on

9. Xoxo

August 13, 2016 at 9:28 am

Iris, Your comment is top notch. Its really annoying how these guys are suddenly referred to as just human. We know they are just human but being human does not mean you should not be true to your vows. This man is a Christian so he should be following the standard of Jesus Christ. I only got to know about this story yesterday from my brother(chai I feel like I’ve been living under a rock ?) I know how much I love Israel’s songs but truth is right now I’m judging him based on the decisions he made to cheat on his wife. Adrienne seriously needs to chill a lil. Her relationships are always very funny tbh. Good luck to both of them tho.

10. Adisa

August 13, 2016 at 9:51 am

So yall derailed from the proposal to start preaching and talking about church /pastor /religious standard!… Waiting to see if braxton is going to be invited to the wedding

11. PEN

August 13, 2016 at 10:01 am

Wonder what heaven is saying to this? He is not just a man, but one who leads churches worldwide in worship every Sunday. God help us!

12. twscards

August 13, 2016 at 10:32 am

beautiful

i bet you cant see these and not scream woow
    instagram @twscards

13. Naijatalk

August 13, 2016 at 11:16 am

14. Bey

August 13, 2016 at 11:27 am

Different strokes for different folks.
    But if I we’re Adrienne I wld keep dis engagement private. Not bcos I’m ashamed but bcos of monitoring spirits who wld judge our every move. To just not put d relationship under pressure from d public. A lot of relationship crash and fall just under media scrutiny. Especially knowing deyv been bashed here and dere.
    Also out of respect for his ex-wife.
    That’s my opinion anyway, I may be wrong.

15. Mahka

August 13, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Wow…hope it doesn’t turn into another six years engagement…Adrienne should turn the hype down this time. Do we marry the ones we love or the one that sticks around? That J.R Ramirez dude was cute then.

16. Anon

August 13, 2016 at 12:25 pm

for better or worse!!! That’s the vow. Except there’s physical abuse if you can’t find happiness make happen. There should be mutual respect and understanding in all so make it happen. Marriage isn’t a piece of cloth you return to customer service simple because u don’t just like it again. Didn’t you make your choice with the host of varieties you had? Except you married your spouse for silly reasons like looks, wealth, career, family and or connections. I see no reason why you sound remorseful after a divorce only to ask another to marry you in a year! Was she the side chick who was the trophy girlfriend, the one with d better sex etc

You can’t be a preacher of the bible and not practice what you preach. Hallelujah.

• Josephine

August 13, 2016 at 3:13 pm

I agree with you that except for physical abuse you shouldn’t quit on a marriage but the Bible does not. The only Biblical grounds for divorce is adultery and not physical abuse. Interesting how society turns a blind eye to what the Bible considers a taboo. Congrats to the couple.

• aj

August 14, 2016 at 2:21 am

Josephine are you serious…physical abuse is not an excuse to leave a marriage? so until a partner gets killed they shouldn’t go their separate ways. nkan kan se ori e!

17. artklub

August 13, 2016 at 12:48 pm

hypocrites cannot practice what they preach….conversely one finds a lot of hypocrites preaching.

18. GeeGee

August 13, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Congratulations to them…..

19. Idomagirl

August 13, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Nna that rock! ?

20. ME

August 14, 2016 at 12:29 am

Me sha… Nothing personal against Israel Houghton…but being fair and reasonable is very important. I mean why won’t his heart be full? Look at Adrienne, twenty years or so his junior in her smouldering young body that has produced no child neither has she had to put up with his sh*# for the past twenty years.
    On the other hand is his ex wife who started on the journey with him through thick and thin, gave birth to all his children… It is really hurtful when men think it’s justified to seek out younger women just because their wives have aged. Or did he think she would be young forever? You sef no change? Did he not change himself?
    Someone’s child will burn the best years of her life as the wife of your youth and you are here posting pictures of you in paradise with your son’s age mate….and yet you think that’s God being good to you…? Really? Hmmm. I swear I tire with all the messed up unfairness in this world. God of women please intervene.

• aj

August 14, 2016 at 2:24 am

tell me about it! God will judge him.

21. Amadi

August 14, 2016 at 6:27 am

this is truly satanic and wicked for a man to leave his twenty years marriage and people without moral conscience is busy praising them. the question is are they born again Christians?

22. BM

August 15, 2016 at 4:16 pm

trust me, he will pay dearly for this except if God is no longer the God of vengeance who repays