News

First Look: Ora Igbinedion & Umar Mantu’s Wedding – #Umora2016

Orobasa Igbinidion and Umar Mantu started their wedding celebrations a week ago in the bride’s home state of Edo and continued this weekend with the Kamu, Durbar and wedding dinner in ICC, Abuja.

The couple have been friends for many years – he’s the son of former deputy Senate President Ibrahim Mantu, while she’s daughter of Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, so a lot of royalty and political elite have graced the wedding.

The Durbar – a 300-horse procession where the groom and his men rode from Asokoro to Maitama, the bride’s family home. The bride joined the groom side-by-side, both on camels.

For their wedding dinner, she wore a Ralph & Russo dress, while her maids of honour Nenesi Ibru and Tania Omotayo were at her side. Familiar faces like Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Adama Indimi and more were present.

The finale will be in Johannesburg, South Africa very soon.

Pre-Wedding PhotosOra Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_08 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_09

Traditional Wedding in EdoOra Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_21 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_22 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_23

Abuja CelebrationsOra Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_12 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_11 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_06 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_212 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_07 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_10 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_18 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_02 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_04 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_01 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_03 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_05 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_213 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_14 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_15 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_16 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_17 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_13 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_19 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_20 Ora Igbinedion and Umar Mantu wedding_Oct92016_211

Durbar

????❤ Video: @presido Today was a movie! Groom arriving to claim his woman! #Umora2016

A video posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

After the bride joined her groom on her camel. #Durba #umora2016 #Culture #nigeria #amariya Video: @photohubbng

A video posted by BN Weddings ? (@bellanaijaweddings) on

Photo Credit: www.instagram.com | #Umora2016

1. Marlvina

October 9, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Oh woww!! Classy! Beautiful bride. There’s a finale? That’s another wedding gown? Ryt?

• HappyGuest

October 9, 2016 at 5:27 pm

this was just the trad wedding oh….hahaha!!!! you know ORA will snatch edges in a few weeks. expect Instagram to explode…….surprise wedding performer, NOW PUT UR HANDS UP!!!! #decodeThat

• Iris

October 9, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Ah. Is Beyonce coming?

• Nzuzu police

October 9, 2016 at 7:25 pm

You silly girl. They trusted you with a secret or you slept with someone that told you. Now you’re spoiling someone’s WEDDING surprise so BN anonymous commenters will know you have gist. Here’s your medal ?

• Ethio

October 9, 2016 at 6:22 pm

everyone is all “ooh and aaah” we’ve all forgotten that their fathers are the major reasons, hospitals are not well equipped, graduates unemployed, homeless children carrying bread and sachet water for sale on the streets for survival, they will dole out billions meant to make each of our lives some part of happy for their children’s four expensive weddings and we’re all here “loving the dress” (worth thousands of dollars) some of you have not been paid upto 7months salaries

• Onu na ekwu uka

October 9, 2016 at 11:29 pm

Thank you o o, I wanted to say exactly the same thing, but just didn’t have the strength the to type.

• Oma

October 10, 2016 at 8:41 am

Ethio,
      easy on the bile, Her father is not the reason hospitals weren’t built or all the things you claiming, ashe is the youngest sister to lucky the (shameless) governor, she is Sir Gabriels daughter, the man who became a multi millionaire over 40 years ago…. Umar is Senator Ibrahim Mantu’s son, i don’t know, if he too is the reason hosiptals aren’t built in Jos like you think, but people actually made money before they became politicians…

• NationalSquirrel

October 10, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Shut the hell up motherf**ker. Her father isnot lucky igbenedion!
      Her father is not the thief

• Amaa

October 10, 2016 at 2:38 pm

National squirrel the whole igbinedion family can not be absolved from the thievery the same way Abacha and his family can’t. Every one knows today that the backwardness of Edo state started with the igbinedions and it’s still going on . A daughter is in the house of reps and the stealing continues. So as we swoon and ahaaa let us remember that these are people who took our future and the future of our kids simply put they are thieves

• Moh

October 11, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Like you said, their fathers not them. Keep enjoying your single life full of hatred because your opinion doesn’t really matter.

• Ngozi

July 22, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Yes,it does….the sins of the father will be visited on the children even to the fourth generation…. that’s God for you….no one will escape his judgement.

• EbonyFre

October 14, 2016 at 10:04 am

I know right.
      I weep for Nigeria and the things we celebrate. Even when we know the source and the effects on our citizens

• Lilo

October 9, 2016 at 6:31 pm

I’m just swoon that she only has 2 ladies in her train and didn’t bring the entire church choir and ushers to be brides maids.

• EbonyFre

October 14, 2016 at 10:07 am

They had to replace the bridesmaids with 300 horses. Less drama and wait time to have everyone’s makeup completed

• Lins

October 9, 2016 at 6:48 pm

300 horses? And I can’t even get a text message back ?

• Zinny

October 11, 2016 at 1:36 pm

BN won’t you give credit to Blue velvet for the decor? Hmmmm

• EbonyFre

October 14, 2016 at 10:08 am

Lmao. Na by force?
      No free ad in Freetown :p

2. EE

October 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm

???????????

• Thatgidigirl

October 9, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Abeg shift small let me join you ??????????

3. Ydey

October 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Been eagerly awaiting this. Its so beautiful, almost makes you wonder if others have two heads lol? God dey.

4. miss j

October 9, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Is she a muslim???

• $$$

October 9, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Convert

• Jaja

October 9, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Please don’t be believing anything they say about rich kids on Ngl. Except about the old men because that’s where the commenters have experience #naamsayin

• Mujercasada

October 9, 2016 at 11:13 pm

She converted to moslem? Really? I dont believe in all this conversion stuff when it happens because you need it to get married. At that point, I think you do it to satisfy your carnal wishes, and not because you have seen the light. You see, I wanted to convert at one time to moslem because I had one fine fulani on my back. Then we broke up and I found a catholic man. Mind you, I was raised pentecostal -please dont start laughing at the church. It is not their fault I was practicing the art of the heathen. I was just a misguided young girl. When I switched from the fula boy to a catholic boy, and we started talking marriage, he said that I have to convert to catholic. Peoples, hear me out oh. I no dey go catholic church any more. As I got older and found more meaning in my life I could not withstand the catholic beliefs. I for divorce to leave moslem beliefs. It is not because I hate any of these religions. They just did not have answers for me, i.e., answers to questions that mattered to me in my middle ages. when I reflect on my early twenties, I would have married fula boy without thinking about the long term implications of conversion. I was in love. But that does not count once you are past the romance period of your existence. The best reason to convert is because you have found meaning for your life through the religion.

• jhennique

October 10, 2016 at 9:29 am

Just look at the long article you had time to type 🙁

5. EC

October 9, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I love cross cultural marriages. So beautiful

6. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

October 9, 2016 at 4:27 pm

THIS IS A WEDDING. GRAND!!!! I AM READY TO WAIT AND HAVE THIS KIND OF WEDDING EVEN IF AM 90YRS!!!! ?? THERE IS ALWAYS A WEDDING HOTTER THAN THE LAST WEDDING.

• God's Gold

October 10, 2016 at 1:15 pm

I reject that confession it’s not in how the grand the wedding is my dear. What of the child dedication, christening and anniversaries, birthdays in future and other celebrations.

7. hmmmm

October 9, 2016 at 4:31 pm

using nigeria’s money to do wedding finale. na wa
    congratulations to the couple

• parodi

October 9, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Abegi for once leave dat masses cry at home. She is Royalty. Pretend you’re watching Disney pls.

• Iris

October 9, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Lol how many do you want us to pretend for? If it is all of them let us know in advance abeg.

• purplenile

October 17, 2016 at 9:44 pm

LOL she is not royalty.

Igbinedion is no longer the Esama of Benin- the title was revoked by the late Oba.

• Bey

October 9, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Nigeria’s money how?
      Is Esama in govt. can we just be happy for someone on her wedding day………. Gosh

8. xplorenollywood.com

October 9, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Omg cross cultural as well as religion. Omo when you are big, you are large. The Edo traditional rites is something then add the northern rites! The marriage of cultures is cool. Congratulations to them. May your home be full of laughter, joy, grace and kids.

• HappyGuest

October 9, 2016 at 5:25 pm

as in!!! so BEAUTIFUL!!! northern wedding pics give me soo much life. i gotta be honest tho, it wasnt as beautiful in person. so much chaos and fanfare but the pics allows you to appreciate the details you were unable to see amidst the paparazzi fanfare

Igbinedions are the TRUE definition of CLASS!!!

• Sally

October 10, 2016 at 4:48 pm

@HappyGuest stop chanting up and down like omo oju o rola ri

• EbonyFre

October 14, 2016 at 10:18 am

“Igbinedions are the TRUE definition of CLASS!!!”
      Ahhh. Lmfao.
      They obviously funded your education. Lol

9. Mr. Egghead

October 9, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Recession is just a word

• nene+

October 9, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Lol @ recession is just a word. Loving the inter ethnicity! God bless marriages.

10. Mahka

October 9, 2016 at 5:00 pm

It’s all fun n foine in pictures.
    But..there’s definitely a political undertone to this arrangement.

• somegirlshavealltheluck

October 9, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Happy for the couple, but feel sad about my own marriage. I am already in a marriage I am not happy in and I wonder how women manage to luck out and marry good men. I am educated, smart accomplished, yet married to a man with no drive no ambition, who treats me like crap. Some ladies have all the luck. Other peoples lives seem soo picture perfect.

• Iris

October 9, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Can I ask something? Didn’t you see all this before you married him? I’m not judging. I’m genuinely curious. I’m not married so I’ve always wondered if it is that you ignore the signs or that people are capable of doing a complete 360. I’m sure people are capable of the latter, but surely there can’t be as many people as the stories portray them. Wasn’t there something he did that alerted you or were you trying to see the best in him and hope for a change?

• Ada Ada

October 10, 2016 at 10:52 am

Dear, envy no one, everyone has their own life’s journey cut out for them. Things are not always what they seem, no one has a perfect life no matter how perfect it may seem on the surface. Life is all about highs and lows. Someday sometime you will smile again.

Hang in there.???

• lilly

October 10, 2016 at 8:16 pm

What makes you think that most of them are happy and aren’t treated like crap,anyway I understand what u are going tru,shit happens girl,just keep pushing through,sometime we trip and fall because of our impatience.

• blessing

October 15, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Things are usually as it seems. Her big sister had a glamorous public wedding too the marriage didn’t last a year.

• onelifeto live

October 16, 2016 at 2:33 pm

seriously, weigh your options…have a sit down with your husband…women often fear to have the talk,,,what is the worst that u can hear….have a sit down with your husband. talk and make up or talk and walk.

your life no get photocopy…there is no duplicate….no Shuffering and Shmilling like baba Fela Kuti be talk

• Lola

October 22, 2016 at 10:45 am

Please don’t deceive yourself with pictures you see online. As you said it is all ‘picture perfect’ how can you conclude that people are happy just from looking in a picture? My sister you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors everything is not always what it appears to be. I’m sure if a cameraman came to phorotograph you and your husband you would smile however doesn’t mean you are ‘happy’. Please pray to God and he will surely open the heavens over your marriage.

• Jaja

October 9, 2016 at 6:43 pm

na wa for false prophets. Somebody cannot love somebody that is also rich again

11. HappyGuest

October 9, 2016 at 5:24 pm

yasssssss!!!!! ORA slayer of destiny…..come thru booo!!! your trad wedding was everything and more…..waiting to board that flight to JOZI like my life depends on it.

whewwwww!!!! i must snag a Northern boo oh. finally happy that northern men are looking towards the east for wives. previously they only married yoruba or fellow northern brides.

and see my boos Tania omotayo and Nenesi…..yassss ladies!!!!! SLAYYYYYYYY SLLAYYYYYY SLAYYYYYYY or you get ELIMINATED!!!!!!

i am soo hyped tho. GAWJUSSSSSSSSSSSS all around.

**i have always wanted to make a comment using the real housewi-ves of atlanta lingo* dont judge me. hahahhaa

• Nzuzu police

October 9, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Olodo so Benin is now east. Better don’t make such a dumb blunder to one of the rich baes you hope to marry. There are already too many fine and rich girls in Nigeria so you can at least help your market by being smart

• Fifi

October 9, 2016 at 7:34 pm

How old are you? Are you 10? Why all the over emphasises, anyway it was a fab wedding, we have 3 wedding this year in the family and i am already exhausted with this one and its not over yet??congrats to Robsy and Umar

• anonymous

October 9, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Many Eastern and South-Southern people marry Northerners it is nothing new, Babangida’s wife was from Delta state, you probably live in a very tiny bubble you need to go out more.

• NationalSquirrel

October 10, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Babangida’s wife was from edo north where they share culture and Islam with kogi. And act Muslim.

• Lair lair

October 10, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Na wah for u! She was from Delta!! Her late father was Leonard Nwanonye Okogwu from Asaba. Edo how?

• MamaJollof

October 13, 2016 at 3:38 am

What is wrong with this one

• mz_titilitious

October 13, 2016 at 11:44 am

Lmao!!!

• EbonyFre

October 14, 2016 at 10:23 am

Abeg, you were already judged before this comment @happyguest.
      Rachet lives in you. Don’t blame it on RHOA.
      Benin is East?
      It’s people like you that think 3 major languages means only 3 languages and others have to fall into any of the 3.

12. Roma

October 9, 2016 at 5:37 pm

This is all shades of beautiful. I like the dress and her bridesmaids are gorgeous too.
    The Igbinedions knows how to do it GRANDE…

13. Different

October 9, 2016 at 5:42 pm

God please. I know money is not everything. I know i should be content with what i have but please let me marry into money. The truth is not everyone can be rich on their own. not everyone can be entrepreneurs or own their business. I would love if you gave me a brilliant business idea to change everything but right now i feel so hollow. I keep thinking of a business to venture into but nothing is coming to mind. Lord please reveal my talent. I need another source of income Lord. Growing up in a family where the father is unable to provide and has let his pride alienate him from the family, seeing my mom suffer and turn into a bitter old woman instead of the great successful intellectual she could have been has taught me the importance of money. I’m tired of being on the outside looking in. I’m tired of pinching pennies. I’m tired of bearing this burden alone. When people find out that i’m the only daughter of my family, they say”oh, you must be enjoying, no responsibility” and i die a little inside cos circumstances has made me the breadwinner and i don’t want to feel this resentful in my marriage. Is it a bad thing to wish for a rich husband who won’t need my financial imput? Who will show me what it means to be spoiled, pampered and cherish. I sound materialistic because i am. I used to hide it from myself like a guilty secret but it is what is. I don’t want to lack again. I want to be more than this mediocre lifestyle i’m living, this never ending rat race, this robotic freak show of a merry go-round, this padded room where you scream and no one hears, this shadowland where i’m a wraith being pulled against my will to an unwanted destination. Am i crazy? Sometimes i feel am getting there. I have suitors and i keep them at arm’s length. People in the office ask me when i’m getting married and i laugh inside. How can i get married when i can’t find myself, when i feel this way. Will money solve my problems. Most definitely. Oh Lord, i wish you would make rich by business or marriage, i don’t care. Just help me.

• happy

October 9, 2016 at 6:25 pm

I could have written this myself. I know exactly how you feel.

• lawee

October 9, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Still looking for ideas?

You have a brilliant piece (above) . Do I need to tell you what to do with that piece?

Get smart!

• Honey

October 9, 2016 at 7:16 pm

You are good at writing though. I feel you mehn. The thing is to place yourself around rich folks. Donot try and compete just blend in. If you are well put together you will get noticed. Most men want someone Noone has heard of. If you have just one rich friend tell them to introduce you to people even women. Just be genuine about it all.

• Mr. Egghead

October 9, 2016 at 7:25 pm

@Different
      I understand how you feel. There is nothing wrong in wanting to marry into a state of comfort. Heck, i won’t even let my sister/daughter marry a penny pincher, a man without any discernible means of livelihood, man who is still hoping on God to do something

Deny it or not, but money remains the most common cause of martial conflict.That’s why everybody should come into a relationship with something to put on the table.

I pray you find someone will wash your feet with rosewater and take on regular vacays to Seychelles

• californiabawlar

October 9, 2016 at 8:10 pm

You write really well!!

Your honesty will not be very popular…especially since this is a post on families with ALLEGEDLY ill-gotten wealth. You’ll be told that there’s nothing to envy here, that the rich also cry…but it is what it is. A lot of people think like you, they just don’t write it out so eloquently on blogs. They just does what they does and get called gold-diggers finito, lol.

Now I understand your concerns, needs and wants, nobody, absolutely nobody wants to live in penury- you don’t sound like you live in poverty though, you just want more for yourself and aint nothing wrong with that…BUT and it’s a very big but, you can’t allow yourself to place this much importance on money. Why you ask? Things can get really tricky real fast! In your bid to get a rich husband or have that breakthrough business so that you can live a life of luxury…the universe will smell the desperation on you, and you will begin to attract some unsavory characters and deals.
      I will not advise that you lower your ambitions but since you know you want this real bad just make sure to always take an extra minute to STEP BACK and weigh ALL implications when you meet that rich dude or get propositioned for a business.
      I don’t want to sound preachy but theres more to life than money…how about good health? your job? your family? The little joys of everyday living. I have lived through want and plenty in my short life and I don’t fear poverty…the Lord has placed so much within me and I am very confident that I have unlimited resources to at least feed myself if God forbid tides turn again.
      One sure thing that I am with you on though – I know in heart of hearts that I don’t want a struggle baby! I am very comfortable in my abilities to fend for myself only…add kids to the mix and it’s a totally different dirge.

• Ehug

October 9, 2016 at 8:32 pm

May God richly bless you for this. Here’s a big e hug.

• Curios

October 9, 2016 at 8:58 pm

My dear amen to your prayers! I wish and pray you get your heart desires. I loved the sincerity in your write up. Its ok to be you dear. People might not understand your struggles, but its ur own truth and that’s all that matters. But pls just do me a favour don’t let your situation make you desperate…. Cos then you would start making wrong decisions…just be patient and hope for the best. Also pray for the gift of discernment. Huggs+kisses dear!!! All d best!

• The real D

October 10, 2016 at 12:46 am

@ Different, I will tell you a story, the story of my own mother. By the time my mum was old enough to know her left from her right, my grandmother (whom I love dearly but had and still has some major flaws) had left her with my great grand mother I.e my mum’s grandmother. My grandmother at the time were those one would call “bigs girls” of Lagos. She is educated but was one of those women that needed men to feel loved and validated. My mum knew who her dad was but never got to meet him until she was in college. At that point my grand father had multiple wives and numerous kids. He also refused to acknowledge my mum has his child, she was his first child and he had always told his second child (who was also a girl ) that she was his first and his heir. He did not want to appear has a liar so he totally refused to acknowledge my mum. My great grand mother did not have much so my mum did not grow up with much. My mum had gone to her dad to ask for help with school fees when he totally denied her. My mum swore to never have to rely on anyone for sustenance and that she would work her way out of lack.

When my parents got married to my dad, who also came from a poor background, she had to work, she started out as a teacher before she got into public service. My mum always promised never to steal from the government and I can confidently say with many people that worked with her and under her has witnesses, that she never did. However, that all her kids attended good schools was my mum’s doing, that we all ended up in tertiary institutions outside Nigeria was 100% my mum. Emotionally and financially all her. That was with her taking care of the home front (my dad refused to contribute to the finances of the home, because of some silly agreement they made before my mum knew better).

Difference between you and my mum was she was not waiting to “marry into money” because marrying into money is not the same as having your own money and the pride that comes with knowing you worked for it. My mum worked hard, o yes that woman did and still does (although no longer in public service), I remember her crying one morning and pumping golden morn into us for breakfast because my dad was not happy that she chose to send us to a more expensive and better private school and since she had used her salary to pay our school fees she did not have enough for groceries, btw she sent us to the private school because our old school believed in corporal punishment and I was always getting sick from getting a beating from my teachers. I remember her being bitten by a snake while she was farming, to supplement her grocery bills, I remember myself and my little sister sleeping in her office during audit periods (she was an accountant), then going home to take a shower before heading to school, then baking cakes on weekends and breads, those were our snacks (People thought we were “aje butters” because we brought cake and those days baking was not popular as it is today but I totally hate cakes now because my mum did it out of lack and we had them alllll the time, no okin biscuit for us! I got tired of cakes, she baked for weddings too), she did all these while studying for her ICAN exam, which she flunked twice but passed the 3rd time and raising 4 kids. At that point my dad was comfortable but it did not make a difference my mum always wanted better of us (her kids) , while my dad did not understand providing more than the basic (that was what he was given) but she worked real hard by the time she retired she was making more than my dad. It was her money and all of this happened in Nigeria. She did not venture into our thing full time until after retirement, although she built on it slowly while working for the government.

My point is while I understand your plight, do not be in a hurry to make money, your chances of marrying into money are slim (just being honest here), unless you don’t mind being an handbag wife and be willing to have no self respect or pride if you choose that. By the time of my grandpa’s death he was always the first to complain about my mum not coming to see him, she is the most successful of all his kids, she takes care of her mum today, but all of this took time and hard work. So when I think I am having a difficult time “making it” I think of my mum and I keep striving. I know as long as I keep at it, the money will eventually come as it did for my mum. It is good to marry a man with drive, scratch that, it is KEY, that one marries a partner with drive and motivation but you need to have drive and motivation yourself beyond wanting to be catered to. No good thing comes easy not even salvation (I mean someone had to die for it). My prayer for you is that God opens an avenue or like you have said, gives you a business idea where you are able to make money and become your own success story.
      I wish you the very best.

I know my spill is long but I hope it encourages you or someone else.

• onyii

October 10, 2016 at 11:35 am

I`m an accountant too, studying for my ICAN with 2 kids and a job, although my husband is a sweetheart who provides for us, but your mum`s story encourages me not to just relax and be a kept woman, who says I can`t be great for being me, and not just for being MR X’s wife. . I will still keep my hustle on till I get to where I want to be. Greet your mum for me, I don`t know her but she has a new admirer.

• LEM

October 10, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Wow @ The real D, my God, your story has given me goose bumbs. I seriously like really really seriously admire your mum. I mean I have heard of motivational stories but this right here. WOW! Your story has given me purpose. Thanks for sharing.

• The real D

October 10, 2016 at 6:40 pm

I almost never go back to read people’s reponse after I have commented on BN for fear of finding someone has said something in response to my comment to piss me off. Nevertheless, I am awed by the reponse to my mum’s story.

@ Onyii, I will give her your regards and LEM, I will let her know people were inspired by her story. My mum and I may not also see eye to eye but she truly inspires me.

I also feel that I should add that despite what may appear to be my father’s weaknesses in my write up, he also had his strengths, which actually speaks to the success of their marriage to date. His story, however, is for another article. The one I don write don do.

• Barrrrbiieeeee

October 13, 2016 at 5:40 pm

I see my mum in yours. we have similar stories(Dad couldn’t provide either) I can proudly say that there is no (pencil) item bought for me by a man, not even my dad. I understand you perfectly. I’m one of those that hasn’t even considered marriage until last year and I’m 31 cos all i think about is my career.

• memebaby

October 10, 2016 at 4:56 am

i think you write well!! and you might be speaking for a lot of women out there (including me) ..

• tomatoes...

October 10, 2016 at 11:34 am

Dear, just find yourself first, and other things will be added..

• Todds

October 10, 2016 at 3:12 pm

If you look beyond the appearance of what suggests wealth, you may just be lucky to meet your Prince who will hear your inner cry. I disguise around town, pretending to be an average man in the bid to meet one special girl. Although I own a small dynasty to woo anyone, rather I choose to live an average lifestyle, always recast to almost the same level as any woman I meet.

So far, no luck yet. The closest girl ruins it all when she knows I was losing my job. I joined a new church and ran into this beautiful lady. She’s my type. Simple. Pretty. Enlightened. And she appears to love God. We clicked instantly. The attraction appears mutual. I’m equally a handsome and God-fearing man. I became happy and always secretly pray she’s mine. I adjusted lifestyle, just a little enough to keep her interests. Everything seems OK and then I went ahead and proposed to her. But soon after, I staged a job loss, exactly 3 months to our wedding. We had not informed everyone yet, but family have been told about the date we picked. Meanwhile, during this period, her dad requires an urgent medicals, I secretly paid the hospital N8m and pleaded for privacy.

Meanwhile, we had a little secret. We were both AS but we knew two years earlier when we started and we had agreed to go ahead regardless. As the job issues arise, she flashed back to genotype incompatibility issues, capitalised on the weak decisions and insisted we path ways. She became power drunk and resentful of an incapable man, insisted wedding must be postponed. I agreed but still, she ended it. I’m sure you understand my drift.

• Money-BagTodds

October 11, 2016 at 6:42 am

Young man, not sure what compelled me to write this, but I have a feeling you lost a good one. From your write up , it appears you feel you are the “prize” because you are rich. You are actually the one putting a price on virtue. So her reward for high moral standards would have been her marrying into your wealth? If your wealth is taken away, what do you have left? . You said she ruined it..what is “it”? The chance to marry your money? Did you ever think you may have ruined “your” chance at happiness as well? Things money can’t buy , that you were in a desperate search for in the first place? Was she the only one who would have benefited from the relationship? And what makes you think that tomorrow, she would not have an empire far greater than you dynasty? and sadly you would have “ruined” it, right?

I know Nigeria/the world generally can be a hard place and a lot of people are greedy, but unless you are 100% sure, not 99.999% sure, the sole reason the girl ended the relationship was because she thought you lost your job, I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss her as one who was after your money. Fear is a powerful thing, and for some reason I believe the lady gave into fear. Because of your genotype there’s a big possibility you may have a child that would demand a lot of attention , care and money. Throw poverty in the mix, even the strongest of women would fear for their future and kids. So if she had gone ahead against all odds and married you, does that mean she would have been a perfect wife? What if she passed your test and you think you found the one, and years into your marriage something horrible happens like you fall sick, and she decides to walk with all your money, what would you do? Are there any guarantees in life? I hope the next woman who aces your test, will be able to pass many more to come during the journey called marriage. Only that in marriage you don’t even have to plan a test, life will give you many. Was there anything about her you valued during your courtship that made you fall in love with her? Please ponder on this very well and think of what you would have done if you didn’t have a dime. Maybe all she needed was re-assurance from you, to keep showing up for her. Maybe you gave up too quickly because hey, you are Mr Money-bag and concluded she was after “your money”, the one she doesn’t even know you have. Relationships, life , marriages are complex, and thats why it takes hard work, I can promise you the next girl that passes your test, will disappoint in other areas in the future, it is a given. Needless to say, she may not have been the one for you, but then she may have been. I wish you wisdom, as you continue with your many trials , tests and tribulations.

• Sandra

April 1, 2017 at 8:58 am

When I read this at first, all I concluded was that the problem was with YOU not the lady. Life is hard enough without ‘princes’ pretending to be paupers to test the worthiness of potential mates (without them even knowing they were being tested). Having read a second time, yes, the problem is your attitude. Marriage is a partnership; a two-way street. Behaving as though you are somehow God’s gift (yes, pretending to be humble is vanity and arrogance in itself) and all future mates must pass your petty tests may work in fairytales but there is life to live after the ‘happily ever after’. I would suggest you take time for self-reflection and maturation because, if your tale is true, you are NOT yet ready for marriage. What else do you bring to the table besides money, after all, no-one knows tomorrow and if that’s all you have…

• Ify

October 11, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Try MMM

• Momo

October 12, 2016 at 1:38 am

Become a writer dear.

• Chi

October 15, 2016 at 1:01 am

I think you are very good at writing, Why not try spoken word poetry.

14. jide

October 9, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Wedding pass wedding . Any one tryin to keep up with these people go enter gbese.

• Na Wa

October 11, 2016 at 5:03 pm

But this is a Nigerian sponsored wedding LOL! The reality is that both families have looted and stolen from the national cake. Speaking from research, I know people will say but its the naija way. I guess as Mugabe said Nigeria is the most educated country that only elects illiterates and I add ignorant followers who blindly defend.

15. californiabawlar

October 9, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Beautiful bride!
    Isn’t that bridesmaid our own Karrueche? If that’s her and she truly belongs in this circle, whatdafadafackingfack was she doing with Wizkid?!! Giving the fact that reputation is paramount and women are treated as easily-tainted properties among the elite class, is it safe to say that her chances of ending up with this kind of arrangement is almost next to non-existent now? Well, on the flip-side that might be a good thing for her sha….shrugs.

• EE

October 9, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Love is blind.

• Lilo

October 9, 2016 at 9:30 pm

C bawlar, my personal person. TAnia , unfortunately may have been tainted o. hi mean how can you be in them Layla tinubu and the orobosa Caucaus and be following ” odo o o o” agbero called wiz kid? I don’t get. It not these girls were raised and schooled on the ‘ taint factor’. It’s like Lauren London.as pretty and clean as she’ seems, .she hasn’t been able to land a decent guy since she let Lil Wayne nut in there.

• MsSmartyPants

October 10, 2016 at 11:12 am

I know right….that’s a shame re Lauren London

• LEM

October 10, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Erm guys @C Bawlar and Lilo, all hope is not lost o. Afterall Ciara that was linked with Bowow and had a baby with Future still landed a decent man.

• MamaD

October 10, 2016 at 11:24 pm

As in ehhhh, When I saw pics of Tania as bridesmaid on IG and said to myself, “This babe rolls with the high and mighty kids, what in the world made her tangle with wizdaddy?”. The mystery of this world shaa.

• Mawi

October 10, 2016 at 2:59 pm

As in eh. I knew Tania was a big girl but didn’t know it is up to this level. Then she chose wizkid??? wizkid fa! Too many mysteries in this life mehnnn. .

16. Ethio

October 9, 2016 at 7:50 pm

ink you chopped off my commènt when i didn’t swear or cuss out the couple, i didn’t even say anything negative or untrue. why’s that? you’re really playing the part.. you know what part

• Iwannaknow

October 9, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Pray do tell?

• EbonyFre

October 14, 2016 at 10:43 am

Ink ko. Biro ni.
      So you think she’ll be the (only) one sitting down censoring comments?

17. Curios

October 9, 2016 at 9:00 pm

These guys could just sell their wedding videos to cinema….I am sure people would pay to watch…..its beautiful…. Too beautiful….

18. Precy

October 9, 2016 at 9:41 pm

BN it’s Orobosa
    Beautiful wedding BTW
    God wen do your own, go our own.

19. _zuggy

October 9, 2016 at 9:48 pm

See money everywhere. This George okoro will be making a lot of money from this people.

20. Missappleberry

October 9, 2016 at 10:20 pm

The igbinedions and society weddings. I shake my head! Let’s hope this one lasts. I still remember Omosede’s wedding and all the fanfare lol. Wedding no even last one year. God forbid I tap from such! Wish them the best!

• Longe

October 10, 2016 at 3:40 am

Do you know how many married daughters he has? But it’s the one yhat divorced you’re using to comfort yourself. Your marriage will probably not be this big, but it doesn’t mean it will last. So stop being bitter and slyly raining on a young girl’s parade. This anti-big wedding noise people make on BN reeks of so much insecurity. Some people are rich and beautiful with nice weddings and happy marriages that last. Deal with it. You’ll now be calling God’s name in vain in such mean and unnecessary comments. Typical

• I don kia

October 10, 2016 at 10:42 pm

You took the words out of my mouth. Omosede’s wedding eh .. na carnival. Just six months dey don pack up. I don’t envy them though. Congrats Oro!

21. Naija

October 9, 2016 at 11:58 pm

Hausa muslim men are allowed to marry non muslim women cos they believe they would be converted and if not the children would be Muslims, hausa muslim women cannot marry a non muslim except she runs away or be killed. To all the non muslim ladies wishing for muslim men I wish you luck. Just so you know maryam babangida s mother was a muslim from niger state and could not marry her delta born father.

22. Jane

October 10, 2016 at 12:34 am

The bridesmaids gown be like person’s wedding dress. Money is speaking. I love how she has only 2 bridesmaids. #classy happy married life to them.

23. Kay

October 10, 2016 at 1:03 am

Please did she convert to a Muslim to marry him? Igbo and Edo. Lot of intertribal weddings. Just days ago I saw Igbo and Hausa wedding. I find it all interesting.

• memebaby

October 10, 2016 at 5:02 am

i find it interesting as well.. breath of fresh air.. did she convert or did he ?

24. Mairo

October 10, 2016 at 1:35 am

The Matuns,grooms family are northern Christians so she’s isn’t a convert

• Happiness fairy

October 10, 2016 at 10:04 am

Lol,Christians from where? The Mantu family are all Muslim.

• destiny

October 10, 2016 at 10:08 am

Please shut up if you don’t know what you are talking about.

He’s very muslim, and she is a convert.

Northern Christians ko.

• Mairo

October 10, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Stupid and bitter Destiny?Your really the idiot here,hence your soo bitter that you have to be so rude to pass a message.oloshi jatijati.Shes pretty let’s see u bitter soul.

25. cnn

October 10, 2016 at 6:01 am

nothing can make me wish to be somebody else because of money! yes beautiful wedding yes beautiful bride but pls be content and strive for more!! 10 million dollar wedding does not equal even 10 yrs marriage anniversary so what are u jealous of? you want a fine wedding go work hard and have yourself a fine wedding

26. trudy

October 10, 2016 at 7:58 am

money is good

27. hadiza

October 10, 2016 at 8:10 am

I pity this lady. I hope when the cheating and abuse starts, your father’s ill-gotten wealth will be there for u.

• seriously speaking

October 10, 2016 at 9:28 am

There are some people with mental issues here. First the strange one above who made a stupid comment about male children and had people who liked the comment. Then this lady who goes from post to post venting her frustration about Nigerian men. These are signs of depression /madness….we have all been hurt, well most of us…but it doesn’t warrant this obsession…. Pls get some help….all Nigerian men are idiots we know….go and marry Americana. As long as it makmakes u happy that’s what matters. Life is too short to live being frustrated and bitter over things…there’s some much out there to enjoy and be happy about.

• seriously speaking

October 10, 2016 at 9:30 am

And besides if her husband cheats on….it’s her business not ours….Nigerian sisters taking panadol extra for other peoples headache since the world was created. Go on and enjoy your perfect trouble free life and live other people to manage theirs….doh!

• Bey

October 10, 2016 at 9:42 am

And you are god that knows what will happen in smones marriage.
      I wonder d ill-gotten wealth ur talking about. Esama isn’t in govt. It was his son Lucky that was a governor. And how dos dat affect his sister.
      This man has been a billionare since his okada days in the 70s or so.
      You are so vile to start wishing ur fellow woman cheating and abuse in marriage.
      Are you married urself? do u know wat marriage entails. Why wish smone bad.
      Keep pitying her. Is it ur marriage or ur life ???

• Meah

October 10, 2016 at 10:00 am

Go to bed
      Church rat

• Loki

October 10, 2016 at 5:09 pm

@bitterhadiza? You must surely mean Mosque rat!!

• NationalSquirrel

October 10, 2016 at 1:21 pm

A jealous hausa Muslim b**ch sad cause the Benin beauty got a first class northern brother that she wishes she could have.
      Just so you know, Lucky igbenedion – her brother is the thief. Her father the esama worked for his money
      Better do your research before you spoil people online otherwise your name will be spoiled for something you’re innocent of for the rest of yourlife. Idiot.

• Moh

October 11, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Wawiya kawai. You know nothing but hate. Instead of you to wish them well and a happy marriage, you’re hating because he probably aired you before. Single ass fool, get a life and leave people’s alone. Wawiya kawai.

• mz_titilitious

October 13, 2016 at 11:58 am

Lmao make una no beat urselves oh… 😀 😀

28. Moyo

October 10, 2016 at 8:20 am

At least we know the recession is not affecting these people.

29. annietripp

October 10, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Actually, Mantu used to be Christian.

30. Boladale

October 10, 2016 at 12:55 pm

While me is struggling to make ends meet, with all my struggles, Olorun mi have mercy on my struggle now.

Well congratulation o, may God bless your home

31. oo

October 10, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Chai see money

32. hadiza

October 10, 2016 at 6:07 pm

@NationalSquirrel, you are the idiot. I’m jealous of what?? an ugly abusive cheater?? ugh!! u poor thing. You must be one of those pathetic Nigerian b***tches that breath only for marriage. Don’t worry, ur own abusive cheater will soon come your way and I hope he infects u with AIDS.

33. Lucky Igbinedion Advocate

October 10, 2016 at 6:31 pm

For those calling Lucky Igbinedion, otherwise known as her brother, a “thief” they should please explain to everyone how Gabriel Igbinedion, their father, was able to harness and sustain all his wealth, properties and businesses without the help of his son, Lucky. Don’t try to separate both because they go hand-in-hand, there is no Gabriel without Lucky. The Igbinedion family is truly blessed and I believe everyone should focus more on the wedding than politics because majority of you have NO idea what you are talking about. Congrats to the bride and groom.

34. Pizzazz

October 10, 2016 at 7:39 pm

It is clear, you are a writer..start a blog, bring your characters to life…Girl, you are born to write and capture the minds of people..

35. lilly

October 10, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Okay, dreams do come through,same as wishes, but fingers are not equal, just keep maintaining your lane.

36. abujababe

October 11, 2016 at 3:04 am

interestingly the grooms family isn’t even Hausa (Pyem ethnic group from Plateau State) and allegedly formerly Christian. So the over the top durbar+kamu is surprising. Any fellow northerners shocked?

Dangote, Dantata and Indimi’s family weddings haven’t even been this grand (hundred of horses and men brought in from out of Abuja is a stretch). And Mantu was former deputy senate president o!

• Ides of March

October 20, 2016 at 9:27 pm

I certainly am. I kept wondering how this is Plateau state culture? *scratching head*

37. aj

October 11, 2016 at 4:45 am

wow some of the comments were funny while some were inspirational! I wish them a happy and wonder filled marital life. Its just funny how a northern Muslim can marry a Bini Christian girl. When it comes to money and power there ain’t no difference in culture and religion! To the lady that wrote about her hearts desire…may the good Lord grant it to you. But try not to be desperate about it like Californiabawlar said so it doesn’t elude you.

38. MotherToOne.

October 11, 2016 at 11:51 am

The Real D…thanks for sharing *e-hugs*
    and yes i am inspired. i am 38 with 1 child. it is never too late to achieve what you want to achieve. i have beeb struggling with fertility and have out everything on hold. not anymore.
    still i rise.

again, thanks for sharing.

HMD to the couple *wink*

39. Dammy's queen

October 11, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Hmmm all this serenren, ceremonies here and there, for one reason “Marriage”,? Nawa o

40. AlphaFemale

October 11, 2016 at 3:29 pm

We just keep hearing who their Parents are, the couple kwanu, what are they does biko?

• mz_titilitious

October 13, 2016 at 11:58 am

Hahaha Lmao!

41. mz_titilitious

October 13, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Koko for me is a comfortable and happy life shikena!

42. EbonyFre

October 14, 2016 at 10:51 am

I love how BN has changed from tagging everyone and their mama as “celebrities” to “familiar faces”. Haha. Love it!
    People, it’s convert to Islam not convert to Muslim.
    Person A: Her family stole
    Person B: sHUT UP. It was her brother.
    Brother isn’t family anymore? :s
    First time reading through all the comments. Haha

43. Anon

October 15, 2016 at 10:36 am

Cool

44. Anonymous

October 15, 2016 at 10:37 am

Beautiful wedding

45. Zena

October 22, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Oma, what exactly do you think you know about the Esama and how he made his money?
    Do you or have you ever lived in Benin. I will advise you really get your facts right cos what you think you know is very far from the truth.

46. ebenezer codjoe

October 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm

one love

47. ebenezer codjoe

October 31, 2016 at 1:53 pm

lol

48. Olivia

July 22, 2018 at 1:51 pm

I wish them all the best,sadly what a waste, marriage is much more than all this pomp and pageantry. Why do the rich and mighty who have stolen the wealth of the poor,the weak and defenceless people of this nation always show off shamelessly? It’s sad! All that money could have been used for a good and righteous cause, very sad,so sad.