Style

For the Love of Nigeria! MBGN 2015 & Miss Nigeria 2015 in Independence Day Shoot

Today is Nigeria’s Independence Day and several people on social media have used the opportunity to show how patriotic they are and how much they love their country.

MBGN 2015 Unoaku Anyadike and Miss Nigeria 2015 Pamela Peter-Vigboro Leesi, have both shared lovely new photos inspired by Nigeria.

See the photos below!

Pamela Peter-Vigboro Leesi

image image image

Unoaku Anyadike

image image image

1. Gemonyi

October 1, 2016 at 9:34 am

Happy independence day. We can only hope and believe all would be better.

2. cutewine

October 1, 2016 at 10:12 am

Beautiful damsels that is all I see.

3. Celeste

October 1, 2016 at 11:25 am

All I see is makeup… I’m looking for their face. Less is more, sometimes.

• Stop makeup shaming

October 1, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Please f-off with this “less is more” bullshit. What is this obsession with makeup shaming? Yet men call their wives and deeper life women “boring” for being au naturel and use that as an excuse to go outside looking for makeup heavy women. Have a preference for makeup, fine, but don’t impose it as a fact. I love makeup but I hate wearing it, and I know that I mustn’t air every opinion about how someone else chooses to live her life ?

• Celeste

October 1, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Makeup shaming because I made an honest observation?

No, you F-off laying egg underneath my comment, and go air your opinion as yours – I have said mine. And while you are at it you better stop abusing … I mean shaming the word shaming.

• aj

October 3, 2016 at 1:50 am

I actually don’t think the makeup on Unoaku was too much.

4. Prince

October 1, 2016 at 12:11 pm

All I see is artificial faces. If for just today, they would have just be a little be real with a very soft make-up.
    They look like masquerades

5. Celeste

October 1, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Hey people! I have nothing against makeup – I makeup too, but these beautiful ladies didn’t win because their makeup were the finest… They won because they were beautiful, confident, intelligent and destined.

Less is more. If you like pour crayon, rainbow your face and look like a masquerade, and when a concerned person directs you, call it “makeup shaming”. Little wonder some makeup artists cause brides to become unrecognizable at their wedding… everything has a name these days.

• Celeste is a makeup shamer so own it girl

October 1, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Abeg don’t retract your statement. “Less is more” in this context is makeup shaming. I hate when Nigerians do something rude and act like they don’t know what they did. So own your rude comment and move on biko

• Lol

October 1, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Our country is where it is because people would rather be defensive or act like they don’t know what they’re doing rather than take correction. Not sure why you’re so burnt up lol #epainam
      If you can’t take a simple point on an anonymous blog, oh well. Me I’ve sha said my own

6. Celeste

October 2, 2016 at 12:14 am

It is you that need that correction and I’m not pained. Makeup is too teeny an issue to pain me!

I used to makeup a lot cos I thought that’s beauty, and a male friend told me it makes me look older. And I reduced it. My friend used to too, so I told her and she reduced it and was happier with the result because people started telling her how beautiful she now looks, to the extent we started joking that she used to rub saclux paint on her face.

That’s by the way, if you notice, I didn’t go underneath anybody’s comment to say theirs isn’t right or telling them to F-off with their bullshit. I simply commented. You should have simply done yours, or if you just came to ‘torch light’ comments for opposing views and feel the urge to disagree with me, learn social media etiquette first. Or what do I call this your sh-ting underneath my comment? Comment shaming?