Sweet Spot

Hold Your Breath! These Photos totally changed Our Perception of the Yankari Game Reserve | Kureng Workx Photography

DSC_7409

We grew up hearing about the Yankari National Park but not so many people have actually been to this place that is a National Heritage.

For those who don’t know, it’s a large wildlife park located in the south-central part of Bauchi State and is home to several natural warm water springs, as well as a wide variety of flora and fauna

Talented photographer Kureng Workx (he took Dewy Oputa’s beautiful photos recently) decided to reignite our love for the oudoors and where better to start than at home.

In these underwater photos, one wonders the amount of time and creativity that went into taking the shots as one of the models is even seen dining under water.

DSC_7366 DSC_7163 DSC_6923 DSC_7426 DSC_7318

Credits:
Photography: @kurengworkx
Makeup/Costume: @makeupbyjaru

1. didi

October 26, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Oh I love this!

2. Ify

October 26, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Wow. I’ve always wanted to know, how do they take these underwater pics? Like how do the models breathe and pose?

3. Ada Nnewi

October 26, 2016 at 2:18 pm

I have been there!!! It is Awesome!!! This Spring ehnnn!!! There are no words for it!!! But don’t attempt to eat food outside your hut cause the baboons will chase you and steal all your food.

4. iyke

October 26, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Nigerians rarely travel around naija – Everybody wants to choke Lagos, which honestly is a very ugly city with nothing interesting to show except bar beach et al.
    Yankari is an amazing place back in the days…not sure how it looks now….Tons of beautiful places in naija…trust me,.You will be amazed if you decide to explore….I was in Taraba and Adamawa states few years ago and couldn’t believe that we have mind blowing landscapes in the North and middle belt regions…
    Cross river state has amazing rainforests ..Akwa Ibom has one of the best beaches that I have seen in subsahara africa….Beautiful beautiful places….If you love the outdoors as much as I do, you sure would love these places.
    Nigeria is really a very beautiful country – unfortunately my region, south east is land locked and nothing really to see…except isi ewu and nkwobi joints everywhere…Nothing to do actually…

• Thedopechick

October 26, 2016 at 4:50 pm

You have really pretty caves in Enugu tho.

• Leave me joor

October 27, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Hahaha @ isiewu and nkwobi. Well I have been to one town in ANAMBRA. By the shores of river Niger. I couldn’t believe what I saw. A nice beach but people are messing it up. Our problem is we do not harness or develop what we have and it’s unfortunate. I’m in plateau and we have lovely places to visit here. I pray the five starts thinking of deeloping the tourism sector soonest. Bravo to you

5. oo

October 26, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Mammi water sturvs

6. Liz

October 26, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Wow so beautiful ….

7. A Real Nigerian

October 26, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Only one of these pictures is top notch, the quality of the other ones can be so much better. Maye he is using a low-end DSLR camera or his photo editing is not good enough. Or maybe, the photographer isn’t at the peak of his craft yet.
    So-so.

• A real Nigerian

October 26, 2016 at 10:52 pm

There must always be people like you in every place -Always knowing more than others, and never seeing anything good.. – really bad spirit bro/Sis. How encouraging, your post is. We would love to see your own work. :-).

8. Naija

October 26, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Lies. I saw these pictures elsewhere and behind the lady was the silhouette of a shark. That picture has been conveniently removed from here. Photo shopped.

• Kay

October 26, 2016 at 9:49 pm

I know this photographer and is no photo shop dear… Everything you see is real… Roar talent!

• Nigerian

October 27, 2016 at 8:21 am

You dont even know that there was a video of the entire thing under water abi.

9. Idomagirl

October 26, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Lovely!!!

10. Ify

October 26, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Lovely concept!

11. Missappleberry

October 26, 2016 at 9:03 pm

To think I served at bauchi and was so scared of Boko haram, I couldn’t even tour the town…. ?

12. Samuel Ibrahim

October 27, 2016 at 4:32 am

Well done Kureng! Love your work.

13. Momoh

October 27, 2016 at 8:12 am

Wow! This is beautiful!

14. Nigerian

October 27, 2016 at 8:22 am

Great work!!!

15. Modella

October 27, 2016 at 10:05 am

Creativity at it best.BN couldn’t give credit to the model? Everything you see here is real,she is a great model with an awesome soul.This is a [email protected] Shima Abraham

• "changing moniker"

October 27, 2016 at 9:06 pm

I was wondering why the model wasn’t mentioned.
      How many people fit model under water.
      Kudos Gazelle. ….I’m proud of you.
      You make modelling look beautiful.