Music

Kaffy Responds to Dancer who Claims She’s as Guilty as Davido for Maltreating Them

Kaffy 3Kaffy started a movement #RespectTheDancer after the Davido episode on Sunday at 3 Thrones concert.

Click here to watch her accusations against Davido, and click here for Davido’s response.

Dancers came out to support Kaffy while Michael Omani, a member and dancer at SPAN – Society for the Performing Art in Nigeria said Kaffy is guilty of what she accused Davido of – click here to watch his Facebook video.

Here’s what she had to say to him on her Instagram page

I really want to use this medium to address the so called maltreatment allegations of dancers that has been in circulation!

It is a pity that it is the same People u fight for with clients for countless hours at meetings . Dancers who mostly get jobs out of the relentless hours of conviction and negotiations not to talk of back and forth that goes on with various deals and clients in order to secure them jobs while they sit at home waiting for a call by we leaders in dance that they are insulting today , in this case am the king pin EVIL QUEEN.

You see it is easy for people to see u on top and wish for your position but they are never ready to take the pain and Sacrifice required to get there. A dancer that started today want to earn the same as people that are more experienced and skillful than him just because they stand side by side at rehearsals grounds.

I am a victim of my Humanity and Humility . It is emotional attachment to want to help as many people as possible that has caused me bigger problems in my life but I can’t change what God is using me for just because of persecution.

They say I put 50 people in a room ?without pay . Pls what kind of room is it o and where . When u make allegations pls be ready to defend to the last with proof. Where did this occur?

Which job have u done that I have gotten paid for I repeat that u can prove I have gotten paid for and failed to pay you?

You say I maltreat u when all you do is try to even sabotage jobs that you begged to be part of i made it happen then u stab me in d back.

I don’t condone misconduct around clients because in business customers still have an edge and we have been faced with the most difficult clients and as dance leader are thrown into d storm of protecting our clients and dancers who are to render services at the same time. Do you know how difficult that can be sometimes. Sometimes budgets are reviewed and cut without warning even with the tightest contracts the corruption of our country still subjects us to succumb and try to resolve matter with humility even when d other party is wrong.

Don’t u think am tired of looking bad to dancers because of what I face with defaulting clients ?

1. anonymous

October 28, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Just because someone is a new dancer doesn’t mean they aren’t more technically skilled than older dancers and the better dancer should get the better pay not the older dancer, Kaffy isn’t even a good dancer just has great stamina with same recycled moves over and over again, and she doesn’t come off as likable at all.

• nana

October 28, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Abeg make person hear word. Even in a professional work environment, experience counts, you can’t change that fact. I f you like be as intelligent as Chinua Achebe, once you don’t have experience, you must start from d scratch. I believe same thing applies here. Experience counts in every profession. You must count 1 before 10.

• O

October 28, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Don’t know her, but I agree she’s not a great dancer. She’s definitely hard working and must have a great attitude to have broken out.

• Emmy

October 28, 2016 at 3:14 pm

@O, You don’t know her but you know she is not a great dancer?
      Gettaway!!!

• Chu

October 28, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Its not about being the best but about turning it into a business. Alibaba isn’t the best comedian but he turned it to a business. Same with Kaffy. Talent is never enough.

2. Marlvina

October 28, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Hmmmm with all these rumours flying around like drones, one can’t tell the truth anymore. His words against hers! Anyways, as an entrepreneur, your staff should always be treated nicely, they should be comfortable, happy and have kind words about you always. If you keep receiving negative remarks then there’s something you ain’t doing well that needs to be changed. You should take a different approach. Except it’s a case of one selfish, greedy and self-centred human who just feels like being silly. Personally, I frequently hold sessions with my staff and request for suggestions and inputs on how things can be done differently or ways I may be behaving that makes them less comfortable with the job, I’m human afterall. Of course they open up freely and we all talk and laugh it out and I take corrections too. Create a friendly work environment. So Kaffy whether it’s true or not, just take this as constructive criticism, have a pep talk session with your dancers and aim towards building a much better relationship with them.

3. Dance lover

October 28, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Kaffy! Kaffy! Kaffy! How many times i call your name aunty??? Leave this childish behavior and act like an adult!!

If you really wanted to fight for dancers, you can easily have written an Op-Ed on bella, naija mewspapers, LIB, etc on the plight of choroegraphers and dancers in nigeria. There are alot of stakeholders in the dance scene that can encourage change, not just the singers/rappers.

Your approach was wrong and you need to apologize to Davido for the insults. You made a private matter public, last resort i understand but there are better ways to go about this. You are called Dance Queen for reason, so remember the crown prevents the queen from bending over. Remember there is more to showbiz industry than chewing gum naija artistes. Be civil and dont taint ur image.

Off topic, kaffy has not impressed me as a very good dancer. Not a hater, her dance moves are never in sync with the songs or artistes personality. And WHY must Kaffy ALWAYS be in EVERY video/performance that she choroegraphs??? Aunty learn from Frank Gatson, LaurieAnn gibson, tice di’orio, etc

4. Observer

October 28, 2016 at 4:05 pm

She needs to work on her grammar and writing skills. It was so painful to read.

5. La Doce Vita

October 28, 2016 at 4:15 pm

You say you dont know her but then proceed to make disparaging comments about her craft. you my dear are just a clueless hater.

6. @therealthought

October 28, 2016 at 9:17 pm

This is kinda embarrassing from the first article till now, @kaffy if u start defending urself all over the sites speaks volumes, secondly as a lady/mother how would feel if sum1 calls ur kid a mudafucka? U didnt just insulted divado but also insulted his late mother for something u had no direct link to. Davido is no saint but u wrong him this time around, lets turn the table a bit, if davido would have said what kaffy said this could be the WOMEN ABUSE VICTIM CARD all over the place. I am not a nigerian but from my lil understanding is that some r mad that this dude been from a wealthy family stil has the potential to breakthru the music industry n secure himself a high profile spot/money. This time around if anyone needed to be bash should be kaffy for bieng rude. JUST AN OPINOIN!

7. .....just saying

October 28, 2016 at 9:19 pm

The Nigerian educational system has failed. See spelling and grammar!!

8. dee

October 28, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Seems like 2016 will end on a high note; just as it started.

9. shebe

October 29, 2016 at 7:19 pm

I like the saying “there is no smoke without a fire” and another saying”Nigerian rumours are either 80% true and someone is covering up or 10% true with someone misinforming ,either way,there is always an element in there ”

I knew Kaffy years ago as a dancer before she blew up and I idolize her,this is the second time I am hearing about her cheating dancers so I dare say it’s 80% true and someone is covering up ,same way someone shared with me years ago is what this guy said . Does that make her a bad person ,no,Maybe greedy but not bad because she indeed is the one who broker the deals and negotiation is not an easy task though I would say she sucks at it if she can’t sue Davido for defaulting. She should put more value on the craft and sign up Always.

Meanwhile,this issue should not have come out if Kaffy had not come public which in my opinion is very unprofessional. Only Amcon is allowed to expose defaulting clients …

10. Survivor

October 29, 2016 at 10:26 pm

na today u know say Nigeria’s education system failed? it failed since 1960.is it the youth corps members now that teach rubbish in school?a university graduate now will be asking me ‘how was ur family’? could remembere in my secondary school,my friend and I used to write down sentences in Yoruba language to our senior prefect that came down from Kano to our school to interpret them for us in English language..was it my primary school wen the village’s dialect was our language in class then..that u speak and write good english lang…might cos u were sent to a better school(fgc and some good private schools)pls stop mocking us for writing bad grammar…we are still working on our selves till eternity.