Relationships

Fans are Asking Lilian Esoro why She Didn’t Post an Anniversary Message for Husband Ubi Franklin

Ubi Franklin & Lilian Esoro

Ubi Franklin & Lilian Esoro

Today November 1 2016 marked Lilian Esoro and Ubi Franklin‘s 1 year anniversary. A year ago they got married in Lagos, amidst family and industry colleagues.

The Made Men Music mogul wished Lilian a happy anniversary today, and thanked her for being a God-fearing, lovely wife and great mother to their baby – click here if you missed it.

However, so far, Lilian has not reciprocated his message, which has led to many tongues wagging. She has been present on social media, and posted a group photo with her sisters and friends.lilian-esoro

Fans are all over her Instagram page asking if anything is amiss, as they wished her happy anniversary and she hasn’t replied them, but has responded to other messages.

Many have said she should have just pretended and posted something to congratulate her husband on the grand opening of Tilt Lounge – click here for official photos with Annie Idibia, Blossom Chukwujekwu and more, and also their anniversary.

Here are some of the comments –lilian-esoro-and-ubi-franklin-wedding-anniversary-drama_1 lilian-esoro-and-ubi-franklin-wedding-anniversary-drama_2 lilian-esoro-and-ubi-franklin-wedding-anniversary-drama_3 lilian-esoro-and-ubi-franklin-wedding-anniversary-drama_4 lilian-esoro-and-ubi-franklin-wedding-anniversary-drama_5

1. shode

November 2, 2016 at 12:00 am

na wa oh!!!! this 2016 sha…..am getting scared ooo, can’t wait for 2017….

aunty Lilian you for try and pretend na, or is this your own way of telling us UBI is the one at fault not you cause he seems to be covering up and you, at the other hand acting like you don’t care

remember this is not a SCRIPT (movie) ooo,

• Blueberry

November 2, 2016 at 11:58 am

Is is by force?! Let the woman be! Must she follow the new trend? What tells you that those who post anniversary messages have it all rosy in their mariages? Its their private life, let´y respect that!

• Get a Life!!!

November 2, 2016 at 3:29 pm

as in!!! help me ask them oh…..they were thesame ones that said caroline danjuma was posting her husband everytime cos she was insecure. Now Lili chose to do things underG they wont let her live.

BN – you are drama filled for this post. what are you trying to accomplish??? You did not ask when Tiwa Savage wont celebrate her own marriage anniversary oh

2. Ify

November 2, 2016 at 12:07 am

*buys popcorn*

3. anon

November 2, 2016 at 12:09 am

eyah…. bad market for UBI, the guy look so cool, nice and humble. inyanya is best friend and best man at his wedding left him and got sign to one of the biggest music guru, home front is not stable, wife dey fall him hand big time, guy na who u offend??…anyways if things didn’t work out, my sister is on SALE ooo.. with your money, love is guarantee.. lwkmd…..*na joke oo*

4. Ayoola mustapha

November 2, 2016 at 12:11 am

Does it matter………… people should mind their business jare

• Ada_ugo

November 2, 2016 at 4:47 am

social media has turned into a circus. so what if she wished him happy anniversary at home? in some people’s heads if it doesn’t happen on social media, it never happened!

• Smh

November 2, 2016 at 8:07 am

This is why I’m a big fan of just congratulating people to their face and not via social media. Now if, for some reason, you forget to post, the whole world will speculate tire. Ah ah

5. Marlvina

November 2, 2016 at 12:13 am

One of the saddest stories I’ve read on this week! I really admire these ones. Same way I smile silly seeing Gbenro and Osas lovey-dovey pics. Ubi and Lilian, such a young marriage. Hmm! It’s well. My earnest prayer, they resolve whatever disputes and bounce back together as one. It’s never too late to make amends and change from any wrongful acts. But celebrity marriages tho, I just had a flashback on AY and Mabel.

• Get a Life!!!

November 2, 2016 at 3:35 pm

Thanks!!! and Amen!!1

i love them too

6. vora

November 2, 2016 at 12:16 am

Y do pple marry??

• Idomagirl

November 2, 2016 at 1:17 am

To fulfill all righteousness.

• Olori

November 2, 2016 at 7:47 am

LMAO may that not be the reason I marry IJN! No pressure can move me tufia kwa

7. NO chaser

November 2, 2016 at 12:16 am

I think I read in one of Ubi’s unnecessary epistles where he referred to his wife as an extremely private person. Not everyone likes tho show/fake for the gram. Keeep your private life private, girl.

• James

November 2, 2016 at 5:31 am

If she’s private, why is she on Instagram responding to other posts? The girl was just wrong for the guy.

• Anonymous

November 2, 2016 at 10:28 am

Lilian is not a private person. She likes show off too much. Mother of cheap publicity. Yes! I know her very well. She got herself into this. Since they were dating, she always complains of ubi cheating… Lemme stop here before they decode me.

• BN Post My Comment

November 2, 2016 at 12:02 pm

But Lillian sef was never faithful na! She and her partner in crime Aunty Freda used to call Ubi “Calabar Houseboy” behind his back. So why was she complaining when she was just using Ubi? Ubi sef, it serves him right! Woman Beater!

• Nto

November 6, 2016 at 11:51 am

Na she cheat pass abeg. Bad market wey Ubi go carry. And them tell am oh. Shiooor

8. Anon

November 2, 2016 at 12:43 am

Hmm!

9. kiwisweet

November 2, 2016 at 12:53 am

some Nigerians are foolish…. so cause she didn’t post happy anniversary etc… then their marriage is over or at the verge of being over. abegg people should mind their business. how e concern you and i?

• Kilipot

November 2, 2016 at 1:45 am

The thing tire me

• Marlvina

November 2, 2016 at 1:45 am

I will suggest u check SDK for more insight. It’s not jst bout the anniversary post, in fact that actually put the icing on the cake. But then again, it’s no one’s business. We jst wish them well. Even if the rumours are false, all for the better then.

10. Wunmi

November 2, 2016 at 1:02 am

Shebi it is u people that said it is not everything couples must post on social media for their marriage to last……that’s why she didn’t post ??

• sista

November 2, 2016 at 8:03 am

….very true but if you start with social media, you must end with social media. No commercial break

• Busarni

November 2, 2016 at 8:53 am

lol @ no commercial break; BN fam get bad mouth sha. Let God fix it ; that’s if something is wrong.

• LEM

November 2, 2016 at 9:45 am

???lol!!! Very funny but true. If you decide to paparazzi your relationship you must be consistent or tongues will start wagging. On another note, if it’s true then I don’t feel bad for bros at all. This is a guy that bad mouthed Emma Nyra Upandan, shading her by praising his wife and now see what’s happening. Karma? Maybe, maybe not.

11. ATL's finest

November 2, 2016 at 1:27 am

Omg! With all these comments that I’m reading hmmm. How there’s no fire on the Mountain. Abi Emma Nyra missed the bullet big time. I know they get it together tho for whatever reasons. Nollywood is getting worse than Hollywood.

12. Panda

November 2, 2016 at 2:33 am

Lmao, they are writing a drama because she didn’t post anything? How is this the first thing on their minds, asking if her marriage is not doing well? Are they asking out concern or do they just want to gist and gossip?

13. Nonya

November 2, 2016 at 2:39 am

When Emma Nyra spoke people threw insults. These people who are quick to throw punches and slaps never change. Wait and see, she will be accused of adultery or something along those lines (typical script). Ladies (and gents even), if a person has not sought proper counseling to work through their anger issues, stay on your lane…your love, beauty and money can not and will not change them.

• Linda Mwami

November 2, 2016 at 11:05 am

People did not take Emma Nyra seriously because she was giving haff haff story, she was saying Ubi beat her but she was lying about sleeping/dating him!!
      HER STORY GET DOUBLE K-LEG!!

14. Lucinda

November 2, 2016 at 2:43 am

Some of these comments are rude, true. Though me I like gossip. That’s why I opened this post in the first place. So all these people saying mind your business should goan sit down.

15. Bey

November 2, 2016 at 2:43 am

Eyaaaa I hope it isn’t true.
    They may just be having issues do u. Don’t like seeing marriages break down.
    Maybe everything was too soon, dating, engaged, marriage and baby within a year.
    I wish dem well.

16. Anon

November 2, 2016 at 3:21 am

Why can’t people mind their business?? Millions off people have marriage problems, and I’m sure those people commenting on her page can’t talk when their husband is talking but as long as they are married on paper they have the right to say rubbish on her page. Someone actually called her foolish. Wawuuuu
    If he beats her and she left, if she played away match and she left, I don’t really think it’s our business. As Linda has social network and SDK has chronicles of rubbish Nigerian marriages and situationships, I guess it’s BN’s new job to carry bullying and unnecessary articles on celebs. THIS is the blog of bullies

17. Anon

November 2, 2016 at 3:22 am

*of

18. Me

November 2, 2016 at 5:01 am

May God heal your home

19. Trey

November 2, 2016 at 5:32 am

I remember my first few years of marriage so traumatic.. Infact the first 6 years. 13 years on, moved far far away from in laws and interfering eyes and it has been bliss. Hubby and I rarely argue and when we do he apologises very quickly. LORD I am grateful. Please if there is any truth in this mend this couple for me. I really love them both together. Celebrity Marriage have so may eyes focused on them. Every little issue is magnified in astronomic proportions. This too will pass. It is well.

• BN Post My Comment

November 2, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Did your husband beat you? I’m sure he didn’t! So your situation doesn’t apply!!

• Activia

November 2, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Relax. Calm down. Your eagerness to spill tea is quite despicable because it seems you know what you know by being in their inner circle. You shouldn’t come and expose your so called friends with this amebo behavior just cos you’re excited to finally have a medium to spew all your hatred. Chill out.

• BN Post My Comment

November 2, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Bitch puh-leeeeaaze! I am not “spewing out” hatred because there’s no such thing; spew means to force something out in large quantities so to say that I’m “spewing out” something is tautological. From your inept use of grammar, it is obvious that YOU are in their circle, hence your pathetic attempt at damage control. Therefore, YOU tell them to be discreet about their private affairs, or better yet, be careful about the “friends” they confide in so that strangers like me won’t know about their marital discord. Namaste!!

• Get a Life!!!

November 2, 2016 at 3:34 pm

STOP THE LIES!!!!

WHO ARE YOU?? i bet this is Queen, tufiakwa!!! you never liked Lili so pls get out!!!

Ubi & Lili you are blessed, cos see the amount of enemies yall got. God gat yall!!!!

20. Olamikuye

November 2, 2016 at 5:50 am

Until one enters….u might not know how marriage works….no b joke ooooo d fact that they are now celeb makes matters worse….may God be dere rock and strength……marriage is crius work biko. ….its unnecessarily over rated sef…….

• Fashionista

November 2, 2016 at 9:42 am

Hmmnn it is serious work indeed. When I tell my friends, some give me side eye. I’ve kuku stopped being open with them.

21. mimi

November 2, 2016 at 6:51 am

I wish them well, and may the Lord be their strength. They are my favorite celebrity couple

22. Fashy me

November 2, 2016 at 8:04 am

monitoring spirits at work

23. that uptown girl

November 2, 2016 at 8:23 am

Things may not be very rosy in their marriage for now but that doesn’t mean that the marriage is over. This is the reason why I urge people to keep their personal relationship off of social media. It’s your wedding anniversary, wish your husband happy anniversary to his ears, if you prefer to write; write him a note, a letter or a text. Why write it for the whole world to see? and when on one of his birthdays you fail to talk about it on social media people start speculating.
    I know a man that was willing to cheat on his wife 2 weeks after their wedding, he cheats like his life depends on it, yet he comes on Facebook to sing her praise on their anniversary. I ask, what is he trying to prove? Is it not better to work hard at having a happy and successful marriage than to work hard at projecting that you are having one? Wouldn’t I be rather happy than to pretend that I am happy? Marriage goes beyond SM, marriage is more than just being on fleek for the gram. The first few months are the most difficult but if you get the hang of it, it gets better. I wish they will get past this. It’s sad to see such a young marriage fail.

• Mama

November 2, 2016 at 9:36 am

You have spoken well!

24. john

November 2, 2016 at 10:10 am

As someone said on nairaland…
    The guy f-ed up by marrying that girl. never be with someone who feels they r doing u a favor..It’s not good to marry someone who doesn’t really love you. From the start, that girl never really loved Ubi. The guy just use money dey force himself on the chick. Too bad for him sha!

25. FinchleysFinest

November 2, 2016 at 10:12 am

They say this:
    After all they are celebrities………
    Nothing is no longer private……..
    We must go to their social media handles and type anything we like … their heart and soul is like a dumping ground for all sort ……….(Like we have it all going good ourselves)
    After all they are celebrities ………….

…………The Stranger /Fan/Internet Troll with a dysfunctional Life…….

26. Lilian, how market na

November 2, 2016 at 10:14 am

A few comments from people

“I saw this one first hand! A few days before she married UBi, she was in the U.K. F-ing that footballer Omeruo! ”

“Let Ubi leave her so she can gallivant upandan,i just dislike that lady”

“That Lilian esoro too dey do… Na so so circulatory system she dey do… Forming as if she’s friends with every dick and Harry celebrity!!! Make dem separate joor. Who she epp ”

“Nawa o,ubi and Lilian. Sharp babe,mumu man
    They both have no business being married. Why would ubi goan marry a known runs girl as Lilian. They should just go their separate ways,the marriage can’t be salvaged”

“For the first time, I knew the people involved. Well, if you ask me, she was too much for him. Sad though. ”

“Stella dat marriage ws neva meant to be abinitio!lilian neva loved ubi!she married him out of pity and for her to hv her baby den move on!her true love is ken omeruo!d uk based nigerian footballer!beht ken nor kukuma send her sef!lilian eye no de for house or marriage at all!she is dating charly akpruka for runs and money!ken omeruo for love,love wey d guy nor de give am sef!”

” Ooo lilian is confirm runs girl have seen her in satellite town visiting Golden groove club owner, even tayo of new Romeo& Juliet nnpc, majesty of umuawulu, that’s some of her men in the main land even alhaji galadima b4 he relocate to island. So acting is her part time job her full time work na runs. Am not suprise her marriage broke in less than 1yr. She can’t leave runs she addicted to different prick.

Complete owere girl breed in lag so she is not a wife material, Dauda the actor even pimp her to former commissioner of Agric abia state. Her list is endless that’s her original profession.lilian ashawo no be work cos those men u f- can’t leave their wife for you even if u give them snake in monkey shadow style so I will advise u change ur friends, repent ,go for deliverance ad suggested by Queen & boss .”

• Get a Life!!!

November 2, 2016 at 3:32 pm

end time monittoring spirits…..na wah!!!

soo many lies….i am soo tempted to spill but i will keep quiet. they think they know but have no idea

27. arin

November 2, 2016 at 10:25 am

I can simply not believe all the mean comments about someone elses life!!!gosh

28. Adunniade

November 2, 2016 at 10:31 am

True sis , marriage is so over rated, and its hard when you are married to a man who is quick to anger.
    Little argument, hubby go vex anyhow, he told me he contemplated divorce twice and we are just 2 years o. I also told him I have reached out to agent to secure an apartment for me and the kids, fear catch dude.
    This recent one lasted up to two weeks in-between my birthday and wedding anniversary. A man we slept together with on same bed didn’t even wish me happy birthday , next day anniversary, nothing from him. We are not celebs o , but family and friends knew something is wrong .
    We made up few days later , and no apologies from him. He’s birthday is in 2days and I want to retaliate. He even told me to retaliate if that will make me feel good , but I don’t want to send the wrong signal.
    I think marriage should be substitute with some kind of union not as complicated as marriage .

• Ola

November 2, 2016 at 11:21 am

Did I marry ur hubby twins … Lol

• Nothingbutthetruth

November 2, 2016 at 3:27 pm

My sister. I can relate to your story completely. I was in your exact same position for 3 years and I thought it was normal for couples to keep malice and retaliate and carry face. No it isn’t! It is emotional blackmail and abuse. My then husband was the king of retaliation for every little detail even for not picking him up one night when his car won’t start and I was already home and not feeling well. He could have taken a taxi but he kept this in his heart and mentioned it another time when I had completely forgotten. He was very quick to anger as well and slapped me a few times. I left him eventually because in the end I realised he was too high maintenance for my small life. I became overly conscious of anything I said to him in an attempt not to missyarn! I became a bitter person from all the unnecessary arguments and malice and unwarranted slaps. I believe it was the reason I couldn’t have kids. No one should have to live this one chance at life with so much caution with the supposed ‘life partner’. Let me give you a bit more details- when we want to make love, he will touch me and touch me and touch me and I will never get wet because the part of my mind that belonged to him was dead. During the day he would talk down at me and at night he will expect the fountain to flow. I moved on. My parents were very supportive because from all the mental and emotional abuse I had gradually lost all my confidence and everyone could see that I was becoming a robot. If your husband is fixable, the time to have that conversation to mend things is now. There is no reason, no quarrelling enough to ignore you on your birthday and anniversary. Today am married to my friend and I have a gorgeous son too. Look after yourself and if you need someone to talk to, let me know and I’ll leave you an email.

• Fashionista

November 2, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Hmmnnnn, I can completely relate! I understand the urge to retaliate but I’m glad you’re deciding against it. Don’t retaliate, be yourself and most importantly lets Gods love guide your actions and not your husbands behaviour, i know it can be hard. Sending you Gods many blessings.

29. Carmen

November 2, 2016 at 1:13 pm

@ Adunniade…whaaaaaaaaat?!!! why did you guys bother to get married?y’all married people are scaring me. I need to conduct an online survey where participants answer anonymously on “WHY I MARRIED HER/HIM”. Seriously!

• Fashionista

November 2, 2016 at 7:15 pm

So you think the marriages that are struggling today all started out bad or the dating must have been horrible? you don’t think people change right in front of your eyes or over time. Please educate yourself on emotional intelligence and pray you don’t experience such.

30. BN Post My Comment

November 2, 2016 at 1:28 pm

This comment is in response to @Activia

31. BN Post My Comment

November 2, 2016 at 1:29 pm

This comment is in response to @Activia

32. Courage

November 2, 2016 at 3:42 pm

She called off an engagement before so why go ahead to marry the guy and now all this drama….wasted all that money for wedding…. marry normal girl una go call her gold digger see now

33. Nothingbutthetruth

November 2, 2016 at 3:55 pm

@adunniade my comment is in response to your post.

34. Nothingbutthetruth

November 2, 2016 at 4:00 pm

@BN team. Why have a reply button if you can’t tag the accompanying post? Please can you look into this. Do this correctly. If the reply button won’t work, then disable it until it’s fixed. That’s the proper thing to do befitting of your status in the media. No tacky corners or edges please!

35. XOXO

November 2, 2016 at 6:34 pm

The number of people wishing this couple bad! even if there is conflict in their home ! just imagine the pressure from you external spirits ! may it be given back to you all in good measure, pressed down , shaken together and running overrr!!!!

36. chamazing chick

November 2, 2016 at 7:07 pm

@nothingbutthetruth, pls drop your email.

37. Nothingbutthetruth

November 2, 2016 at 9:13 pm

@chamazing chick [email protected]. bella please don’t swallow my comment. Am only trying to help.

38. Nothingbutthetruth

November 2, 2016 at 11:36 pm

@chamazing chick bella has chopped the email. I’ve dropped it twice. Bella please can you post this one. It’s rude to ignore people so can I give her a response at least.

39. Felinda

November 3, 2016 at 4:30 am

Blossom i told you once i told you twice
    What will be will be. Bet, Love will always find its way home.
    You shoulda been patient. Two people marrying two wrong people due to egos.
    Patience is important.

lesson – no one should feel presssured to do what they dont want to do, Dont let your family or friends pressure you. Listen to your gut feeling

Love is many things, the one thing it is not and can never be ‘is unsure”. – quote by maya angelou,

drops mike, walks off.

• Bibz

November 3, 2016 at 7:50 am

So are u saying blossom married the wrong woman? Don’t go there oooo. Blossom is very happy with his wife.
      Ubi is seriously begging Lillian, because he messed up big time. He beat her before and during her pregnancy. He doesn’t deserve her. Wicked soul.

40. JustSaying

November 5, 2016 at 2:37 am

If you were Lilian or she was your sister and a man puts their hand on her, BELLA NAIJA READERS I ASK YOU ALL PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES WHAT WOULD YOU DO

I guess bellanaija.com should do a poll ON WHAT GROUNDS WOULD YOU LEAVE A MARRIAGE ESPECIALLY IF KIDS ARE INVOLVED OR NOT?

1. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
    2. CHEATING
    3. FINANCIAL MISMANAGEMENT
    4. EMOTIONAL ABUSE (O&G)
    5. VERBAL ABUSE
    6. Add on

41. JustSaying

November 5, 2016 at 2:37 am

Please choose only one.

42. Babe

November 6, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Domestic violence.only the living can be called a Mrs

43. Eka

November 29, 2016 at 11:00 am

I don’t know what’s going on in their marriage and frankly I don’t care , because it’s non of my business … BUT for those of you telling her that she should have ‘Pretended’ and keep up appearances , you are all mad!!!
    Be encouraging nonsense .