Music

Ubi Franklin wishes his ‘lovely wife’ & ‘super mom’ Lilian Esoro a Happy 1st Anniversary

ubi-franklin-and-lilian-esoro-1-year-wedding-anniversaryIt’s been a year since music mogul Ubi Franklin and actor Lilian Esoro said their vows in Lagos. The ceremony was so emotional that Ubi cried at church.

Joined by their family, friends and fellow celebs, it was truly a day to remember. Click here to see BellaNaija Weddings exclusive photos.

Today he thanked his wife for being a great wife and mother on his Instagram page –

1 year ago I married my lovely wife Lilian who is God Fearing lady and Super mom to our beautiful son “Jayden”. My love for you both knows no boundaries and I will always find this event to be the happiest moment in my life. Through the good times and challenging times, our union would only continue to grow from strength to strength. Love you lots! Ubi. Onise iyanu ??

Photo Credit: Instagram.com | @ubifranklintriplemg

1. that uptown girl

November 1, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Rumour has it that.. wonder if there is any truth to that rumour and if there is, is he just trying to keep up appearances?

• Smh

November 4, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Dear lilian. I warned you! I shall wish you well

2. keke driver

November 1, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Dude is such a terrible kisser….lol

• Have You?

November 1, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Seems you have kissed him before? lol

3. Sonia Paloma

November 1, 2016 at 3:19 pm

I heard there is a bit of problem in paradise? any news on this biko?
    I hope they pull through and grow stronger 🙂

• Na so

November 4, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Lol. I got some tea but I’m not one to gloat. That baby resemble ubi for ya eye? Let me be going abeg.

4. TimesInNigeria

November 1, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Congrats to Ubi and Lilian

For the most interesting Nigeria history and unknown facts, events and places, please visit timesinnigeria.com

5. nneoyibi

November 1, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Hmmmm! According to sdk, water don pass garri o! There is rumour of a break up, dem say Lilian don follow another man and Ubi is trying hard to get the marriage back. Once a runs girl…….

• Marlvina

November 1, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Follow another man? That was fast….why so tho?

6. Karma

November 1, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Kai, we said it oo! Fly way no hear word go follow body enter grave! Ubi deserves the heartbreak after the way he treated Emma Nyra! I’m #100k richer today

7. shior

November 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm

from the start i didn’t see her for him.

• le coco

November 1, 2016 at 3:51 pm

aunty. me sef.. I cld see through it… I cld also see that smthing was fishy.. He was just infatuated wth her… nw honeymoon phase is over.. wt next

• Lacey

November 1, 2016 at 6:12 pm

@Thank you Shior! I said here that Lilian is a very wicked girl! The way she was scattering money up and down ,money she did not work for several ceremonies!
      A woman that really wants to marry will ensure that the man is prudent! Ubi will have himself to blame, as most times ,the voice of the people is the voice of God!Ubi was trying to prove a point to Emma Eyra,I just pray the good Lord mends it,as any loose spouse can be curbed with strong love!

8. le coco

November 1, 2016 at 3:50 pm

iloool after stella has finishing spilling hot tea everywhere.. lool Emma nyra is somewhere smiling

9. Fabulous

November 1, 2016 at 3:51 pm

There’s obviously trouble in paradise.

10. Aduke

November 1, 2016 at 4:02 pm

stelladimokokorkus.com/2016/11/rumour-has-it.html?m=1
    Rumour has it….. I raise Beyonce hand for Stella ooo??????

11. nellysneh

November 1, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Real trouble in paradise… lilian didn’t even wish herself HWA, rather she posted a photo of herself and her sisters

12. Wunmi

November 1, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Lol see shade from BN?
    Eyah poor Ubi.That horrible feeling when u love someone too much and they don’t like u bk and they just start misbehaving.Its not her fault tho,she fine die

13. Lala

November 1, 2016 at 4:57 pm

I find that extremely pretty women don’t always marry into stability. Unlike women with average looks who want a stable guy in terms of a 9-5 kind of man, etc.
    I think it’s because, extremely beautiful women are mostly seeking a man who would meet their every need, etc. Their slogan is, if you can’t take care of me, there are many men out there who would. Unfortunately, the men who marry them know it’s true. Almost every time they go out, a man is asking to hem out even in their 50’s. At 40, they can always remarry. Look at Monalisa Chanda, look at Liz Benson, look at Daisy Danjuma. It does not always end well though. Sometimes, the men they meet at 40 are mostly excess baggage with a wife at home and may just keep the.m as a Main side chick. I know because I have a drop dead gorgeous relative and this is how she ended.

Unnecessary iyanga because you’re very pretty? My dear Lilian, shine your eye o! That man outside may never marry you and you become a hustling mistress before you find someone else who may put a ring on it. By 45, many younger versions of you will be all over the place and you would realise you have become a pretty mgbeke with no ‘home’.

• ANON

November 1, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Or MAYBE ubi is back in his old skin. And she doesn’t want to die there. Everything is the woman’s fault. Now you guys are blaming her because she’s fine. Is it jealousy or what now

• *rme

November 1, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Extremely pretty kwa? I mean Kilian is pretty but extremely? It is indeed in the eyes of the beholder.

• Idomagirl

November 1, 2016 at 5:54 pm

She’s not extremely pretty tho.
      Let’s calm down please.

• Truthie

November 2, 2016 at 1:28 am

@lala, not always true. I know extremely beautiful women who are happily married. You can’t generalize on marriage issues.. many are working, many are not. The women you mentioned didn’t cause their marriage to break . Mona Lisa was abused by her hubby, Danjuma was cheated on repeatedly by her hubby. They met bad/wrong men and shouldn’t take responsibility for their husbands actions. Good people are good, bad people are bad, beauty has little to do with character. Just that it is normal for people to expect more from pretty faces, which is very unfair to ugly ones like us. If a beautiful person/innocent face does something bad, people get surprised, but when ugly/strong faces does same thing, people are not shocked. But psychology will tell you that that is poor judgement. Looks are not correlated with character.

14. LemmeRant

November 1, 2016 at 5:03 pm

I will comment my reserve.

………………………..for now.

15. madman

November 1, 2016 at 5:09 pm

To each his own. Wishing them all the best even if the rumours are true.

16. Rita

November 1, 2016 at 5:45 pm

From the start i knew Lilian was not for Ubi, i felt bad for him. He deserves someone much better.

17. hadiza

November 1, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Foolish Lilian that gave up a career for this loser. I wonder why women are so foolish to give up their independence for a beast. I don’t believe she’s a runs girl. Must every beautiful woman be a prostitute?? foolish Nigerians and their stereotypes. Lili, abeg leave this loser joh. Get ur career back on track n raise ur child. These men ain’t worth it.

18. Hadiza

November 1, 2016 at 7:28 pm

How did she gave up her career … The way you think and reason I just wonder where on earth you came up from …

19. Hadiza

November 1, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Why are we like this … Acting all perfect , being the first to judge etc … There is no realationship without its ups and downs … Even twin have their issues , you lived with your sibling all your life they still get you mad etc , are all saying our parents , brothers , sisters , friends , mentors etc don’t have theirs issues every once in a while … No matter who you are with in a relationship you will still have something the person does that get to you , one year in marriage not enough to fully understand someone , we are all human being , how come we have have lost sense of that , expect perfection only from God … Free people jor … People you abuse and judge on social media if you see them in person can you still say harsh things to them …

20. Hmm

November 1, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Loose spouse? Don’t tell me Lilian is like that. I’ve always admired her way before her Nurse Abigail days.
    I’m not a fan of going into a union with someone you don’t have enough affection for. It may probably be the situation here because right from the start,it looked like she just decided to settle and get married.
    On the other hand,she may not be the problem. She is the one in that union and knows where the shoe pinches.
    I hope they mend fences regardless of what the issue may be.

• Ben

November 2, 2016 at 12:19 pm

but how can she not be a runs girl? how did she have the life she had before marriage? isnt it the same thing they pay all the clnic matters girls..lol

21. nnenne

November 1, 2016 at 11:13 pm

HML Ubi and Lilian!
    May God continue to bless your home !

22. Kkay

November 16, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Mean people say mean things.
    Desparately wicked hearts.
    Let them be, whatever it is.