Events

Sharing Love Collectively this Christmas! Join the #BNDoGood2016 Train in Your City

sb_0002_inspired-horizontal-markAs we approach the season of spreading joyful cheer and bliss, at BellaNaija we’ve been working towards the plans for our annual Christmas charity initiative. In 2014 we collaborated with Child Life-Line and 30 children got a chance to experience something different – by spending a fun day with them at the cinema. {Click here if you missed it}. Last year, we expanded the reach of our plans slightly, and collaborated with the Slum2 School team, to give 400 children a happy Christmas holiday. {Click here if you missed it}

This year, we’re planning to spread the love to more people, and have YOU join the train. This year, we want to share love, do good and put a smile on people’s faces. So, on Wednesday the 21st of December 2016, we’re giving 10 families, who have had a really difficult year, a reason to smile.

We’ll be partnering with a few organisations to achieve this goal.

How You Can Join the Train
If you’re available on the appointed day, and you’d like to be a part of this, here’s how you can
1: Come with a willing and giving heart
2: New clothes, books, grocery or household items are welcome
3: Be ready to interact and share positive and uplifting stories
4: Send us an email indicating your interest, so we can send you a tee-shirt to thank you for giving

If you’re unable to join us on that day, here’s how you can be a part of it
1: Nominate any family you believe has gone through a difficult time this year, and just needs a reason to smile this Christmas.
2: In whatever city you are, do a little act of kindness – something in the spirit of doing good with BellaNaija.
3: Give someone a reason to smile, in any little way you can.

So guys, that’s it! We’ll provide you with more updates as we firm up plans. Go forth and do good!

1. Alpha Male

December 9, 2016 at 6:08 pm

This is awesome BN.

Please advice the email address.

Kind regards.

• Atoke

December 10, 2016 at 2:05 pm

team(at)bellanaija(dot)com

2. Nene'sMa

December 9, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Bella naija that is not fair!! Deleting my comment just because I asked for a Santa for my daughter is not fair at all!!

• Atoke

December 10, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Hey Ma’am,
      Thanks for reading and visiting BellaNaija. Your comment was probably awaiting moderation. We’d not delete your comment because you asked for a gift.

Have a lovely weekend.

• Nene'sMa

December 10, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Thanks. I just sent a mail to you guys, I hope to receive your response.

3. Nene'sMa

December 9, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Please I need a Santa for my daughter who just turned 2, she needs cloths and shoes because she has outgrown the old ones, We accept hand me downs too. Thanks In anticipation. [email protected]

• Atoke

December 10, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Hey, we’d love to help as much as we can. Please send us an email – team(at)bellanaija(dot)com.

4. Anon

December 10, 2016 at 8:11 am

Hi BN, there’s sth u usually do at the end of the year where people send in articles to be posted on how the year has been, and what they hope for the upcoming new year etc….any plans for that this year? Please bring it back. I need to spill my heart out. Thanks

5. Ruby

December 10, 2016 at 8:25 am

Well done BN! What is the email address?

• Atoke

December 10, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Hi, please send an email to team(at)bellanaija(dot)com

• Ruby

December 15, 2016 at 11:18 am

Thank you Atoke.
      I have sent an email since on Monday and I am yet to get a response. I sent a reminder mail just now.
      It is not cool. BN team should please respond to mails.
      Thank you.

6. Amaa

December 10, 2016 at 10:34 am

Why the focus on London and Toronto. What is the reason behind this 2cities making the cut. I just want to understand. know there are 36 states in Nigeria. Why not focuse of the geographical zone in Nigeria . I don’t understand maybe BN can help me understand the reason behind their choice

• Atoke

December 10, 2016 at 2:01 pm

We would love to but logistics and presence makes it hard. That’s why we’re saying people should show an act of kindness in their cities.

• pissed

December 15, 2016 at 2:27 pm

So logistics couldn’t take you people to PortHarcourt and Enugu and you wonder why there is tribalism in Nigeria. People are afraid to travel within.

Y’all should have partnered with Arik air for major cities and one of these bus lines for hinterlands.

But I guess you guys didn’t think about it. If it’s to go on trips to funny countries now, una go get idea.

I know, I sound irritated. I’m 1 hour late for a meeting and my driver is awol, my battery is dead so I can’t even call to say I’ll be late.

I’m taking out my frustration on y’all

• Atoke

December 15, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Please accept my sincere apologies.

7. Mz A

December 10, 2016 at 1:28 pm

I expected to see small cities within the 36 states. Let’s take santa to the streets instead of these air conditioned zones.

• Atoke

December 10, 2016 at 2:02 pm

We’re hoping to get there soon. However, due to logistics constraints, we are unable to do that at the moment. We’re encouraging everyone to do their bit in their own location.

Thanks for reading.

8. Enn

December 14, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Great Job u guys,I applaud ur efforts to help the less privileged but I don’t understand why London and Toronto are among,seems to defeat the whole helping “the less privileged” idea.

• Mr. Egghead