Connect with us

Music

2017 is off to a Great Start for Tekno as he Finalizes his $4 Million Deal with Sony Entertainment

BellaNaija.com

Published

 on

Nigerian act Tekno‘s Year has kicked off on a good note as he is done signing the dotted lines on his contract with Sony Entertainment and has officially closed the deal which is reportedly worth 4 Million dollars!

The TripleMG artist has indeed hit the jackpot, as Paul Okoye of Upclose and Personal took to his Instagram to share a video of himself, the artist & Ubi Franklin joking about looking satisfied and happy captioning it “Sony money 2Good”.

We can’t wait to hear what the superstar has in store for us this year.

16 Comments

  1. Tyrant

    January 12, 2017 at 12:58 pm

    $4 million? Yeah right! These Nigerian artistes can over hype for Africa. Artistes like Future, Jessy J, etc haven’t bagged $4 million contracts, it is one B-list Nigerian artiste that they’ll sign $4 million for.

    • Dude

      January 12, 2017 at 4:17 pm

      You comment reeks of hate. Just go and pray for our own blessings too.

    • waleudee

      January 13, 2017 at 1:59 am

      its not hate. its common sense. sony didnt even sign rick ross for 4 million or not even the cheesy rapper desiigner. so why in the world would an afrobeat musician from africa get signed for close to 200 million naira. where is the return on investment? only people that get that kind of investment are platinum selling artists. we aint even touched gold yet.

      nigerians need to stop believing everything the media publishes. 70 percent of nigerian artistes still live in rented homes, drive luxury cars way higher than their rent and hustle via politicians and wealthy people. its all make-believe.

      i rememba dey said the same thing about the tiwa savage deal with pepsi and mtn. next thing we knew was dat she used to live in 1004, then lekki then she was asking where in the world she was gonna get tee billz debt money…….

      people on the island kno wat i am saying.

    • Drake

      January 13, 2017 at 9:02 am

      $4m is over a Billion Naira, not 200m

    • Mannie

      January 12, 2017 at 4:39 pm

      $4m seems like a lot of money, but in reality it may not be. The artist typically gets 15 – 20% of the money as his/her “advance”. The remaining 80% will be used for other things such as promotion and marketing, tour support, recording and video production. Also factoring in the fact that Ubi is Techno’s manager, he’ll have to get paid- and that will come out of Techno’s allowance. Techno, may only be going away with about $350,000 – $680,000; which isn’t small money to be fair. Also, we do not know the Ts & Cs of the contract, so that amount might be exaggerated to consider the “best possible scenario” due to such a deal.

      All in all, Techno’s made progress and that’s what count.

    • Mr. Egghead

      January 12, 2017 at 5:49 pm

      UpClose and Personal will get a sizeable percentage of the takehome cash first, maybe 30%, before they start sharing anything

  2. Greenbeing

    January 12, 2017 at 1:20 pm

    Congrats tekky…The real definition of #Uptosomething *runsaway*

  3. Greenbeing

    January 12, 2017 at 1:21 pm

    Congrats tekky…The real definition of #Uptosomething *runsaway*?

    • andtherewasone

      January 12, 2017 at 1:28 pm

      Seems it was so good u just had to type it twice

  4. mimi

    January 12, 2017 at 1:28 pm

    4 million dollars , wow! that is a lot of money ………..i wish i can sing *sobs *sobs

  5. LereRose

    January 12, 2017 at 1:29 pm

    Lillian Esoro are you sure this marriage is trully over? 4M USD is not 4M naira o

  6. Anon

    January 12, 2017 at 1:36 pm

    Some people somewhere are thinking…

    Money has come, can I do a rethink?

  7. Call Me Gorgeous...

    January 12, 2017 at 2:26 pm

    Ubi Franklin is finished career wise the day Tekno leaves his label!
    🙂

  8. Princess Aminat

    January 12, 2017 at 2:53 pm

    Lol @ call me gorgeous… nice 1 Tekno

  9. Ewa ali

    January 12, 2017 at 5:29 pm

    Silly! people ever learn…..since Tufacegot robbed, have you ever seen him brag? Kim, Naomi Campbell confirmed that bad people trailed them because of what they perceived that they had……mstchew

  10. J

    January 12, 2017 at 7:51 pm

    But where is his album????

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Star Features

Advertisement
css.php