News

2Baba makes a Call for an “Urgent Explanation into the Reckless Economic Downturn” & Organizes Nationwide Protest

BellaNaija.com

Singer 2Baba has called on Nigerians to join him at a nationwide protest set to hold in February with the aim of demanding answers from the government over several issues, including the economic recession.

He wrote:

FIRST MASSIVE NATIONWIDE PROTESTS ON THE 5TH OF FEBRUARY, 2017.

A call for good governance.
A call for urgent explanation into the reckless economic downturn nationwide.
A call for nationwide protests as we say No to the Executive, No to legislatures, No to judiciary… You have all failed us.
We the people are tired. We can no longer continue with all of you. All your excuses and mistakes are not funny. We do not wish to continue with a system and government that is not working but afflicting the people. We the people of this country not living under the privileges of government allowances and remuneration have now accepted to take the bull by the horn to come out and protest this obnoxious and baseless policies and excuses of the government of the day.

Where are the recovered looted funds?
Why do we still have the executive arms and legislatures still enjoying their salaries and allowances while we hear there’s no money to pay workers?
Why do we still see ceaseless power failures with no explanation and hope of getting out of it unlike before?
Why do we keep seeing peace talks in Niger Delta, Fulani herdsmen and ipob without any solutions being reached, while the strategies keep aggravating the people involved as political leaders stage forums to extort funds in the name of addressing their subjects?
Why did we have petrol price rise to 145 for the sake of global oil price crash and removal of subsidy but such price is still being maintained despite significant reawakening of the oil price from $30/barrel to $56/barrel?
Who is to be held accountable for the sudden and continuous hike in price of commodities in the market, where for the first time in history, Nigeria is suddenly selling kerosene at 400 naira per litre as against 50 naira per litre, diesel at 300 naira per litre as against 100 naira per litre and petrol from 87 naira to 145 naira? Yet maintaining the same systems, environment and maybe a lesser money spending government.

There’s need for Nigerians to rise against what is happening in this country having waited patiently for the legislatures that were elected to represent the people all to no avail.

1. blah

January 25, 2017 at 7:12 am

Tuale!!!! Tubaba I’m with you in this one…I’m joining the protest..

2. blah

January 25, 2017 at 7:13 am

*on

• #Proudnigerian

January 25, 2017 at 10:36 am

I hope all this I am in I am in is for real. Let me not go there with all my vigor ,energy and radicalism and not meet anybody there oo? . Solidarity for ever *chanting* .

• Hmmm

January 25, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Just be careful my people. Buhari has not let go of his past and not in touch with reality. Google is your best friend when it comes to this man’s history.

3. Eagle

January 25, 2017 at 7:26 am

I’m in support of this. Better fight for your rights than lay dormant and die.

4. pappy

January 25, 2017 at 7:27 am

Correct before person com die………………e don do

5. thorns

January 25, 2017 at 7:44 am

Finally ,someone is speaking up. We need to rise and let our voices be heard. Enough of the suffer. To think he supported Buhari’s campaign and can be honest enough to call this government out. I’m really impressed. There is hope. Some people have become blinded from pride, foolishness and partisanship. Let the youth rise. Enough Is enough. For some of us who sat on the fence during the last elections, I guess this is an eye opener. There is nothing like that when your future is involved. The suffer has become real. It is skin deep.

6. Bee

January 25, 2017 at 7:48 am

Finally people are waking up. Was wondering when we would ever say enough is enough. This is a good move Tubaba. Respects!!!

7. Missy J

January 25, 2017 at 8:04 am

I’m so in.
    Well done Tubaba!!

8. madman

January 25, 2017 at 8:24 am

Buhari needs to GO. Physically and join the other side.

9. Edu

January 25, 2017 at 8:26 am

Yes oh! yes ohh! yes ohhh! eh! My guy na ur eye u go sharpen before e be like say e don dey happen, no shaking nothing dey happen, nobody wan kpai but dey wan go heaven.
    2baba has been politically conscious from the start. Other artists like Eldee, MI, Banky etc shd also join and make this protest a success

• Edu

January 25, 2017 at 2:51 pm

those were lyrics off one of 2baba’s track “No shaking””. check it up on youtube

10. the scarlet pimpernel

January 25, 2017 at 8:27 am

Activate interlock! Dynotherms connected! Infracells up! Mega thrusters are go! go go go voltron force.

About time. The suffering of the masses is just too much. All we need isone person to crystallize the frustrations of a people. TU BABA SIGN ME UP

I know what my employees are going through I have not been able to increase their salary and inflation is eating into the little they have. something has to give!

…………….and now a message from our sponsors

Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent. – Martin Luther King, Jr.

• mua

January 25, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Yipeeeee! finally gotten the “lyrics” of voltron.
      Back to the subject, where’s the protest at?

11. Missy

January 25, 2017 at 8:33 am

Omg! To think j saw myself organizing mass protest against the government in my dream. Now tell me why I won’t join this protest. I’m so in on this one. Well done tubaba

12. Nne

January 25, 2017 at 8:34 am

I respect him so much for using his celebrity status to speak up. I was just watching CNN yesterday, listening to what Donald is doing for his country and the way the senate was screening the officials and all I could do was sigh for my country.

Donald trump has started the buy America movement and is serious about it but Nigeria?

How can kerosene that is used by the poor be higher than diesel?….

I dont know if this would work but I am just glad someone has decided to do something. My only prayer now is that come 2019, Nigeria would put sentiments aside and be ready for an election war because i dont see APC leaving easily.

13. Mo'Diva

January 25, 2017 at 9:01 am

Wow!! Tubaba. Very much welcome

14. Pookiebear

January 25, 2017 at 9:02 am

IM IN

15. Venue, Date, Time

January 25, 2017 at 9:07 am

Abeg 2face, fix a date for the protest oh and get other celebrities to join you. Me I’m definitely marching along with you. Buhari and APC should just get out Biko. They have tried

16. ndidikings

January 25, 2017 at 9:14 am

2Baba, I salute your courage. Count me in. Many of us have been waiting for this opportunity. I know that even God is in support of this protest. May God protect you and give you more ideas that will make this a huge success.

17. U tech

January 25, 2017 at 9:24 am

Am in , even if it will cost me my life but for the next generation to live a fufil life

• Edu

January 25, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Easy man. I dont advice anyone to die for naija except a truly patriotic leader whos ready to go the length

18. ME

January 25, 2017 at 9:31 am

YES!!!! I love and respect 2 FACE; therefore, i am in.

19. Pink

January 25, 2017 at 9:32 am

Yes Tubaba! I’m in. Just give us the deets and we’ll be there.

20. concerned9a

January 25, 2017 at 9:52 am

Just hope this wouldn’t be restricted to Lagos as usual…everyone needs to make a stance…
    Buhari has Technocrats from all tribes but rather listen and empower his own kind driving the country into a state of stagnation and near deprivation..
    Wanted him to succeed but he’s just not up to it.
    To think Buhari is only a few years older than Trump.
    Well done 2face..

21. Noms

January 25, 2017 at 9:58 am

This is long over due. Abeg where is the takeoff point. I’m so in.

22. Enny Heart Heart

January 25, 2017 at 9:59 am

This right here is giving me life!!!! Great move 2Baba. Time for someone original to use their voice to address the elephant in the room. Everybody is just whining and complaining, this is actually doing something! I’m so in.

23. Moniker

January 25, 2017 at 10:02 am

Venue and Time biko?
    This is what I have been waiting for. Let the other guys throw their weight behind 2Baba… Baba goslow has dulled us bigtime. I sincerely hope it is not gonna be in Lagos, Abuja and a couple of states. This suffering is felt from Ogwashi Ukwu to Potiskum. We the people say Enough Is Enough.

24. Scorpiogirl

January 25, 2017 at 10:03 am

Please this should not be restricted to Lagos! Pls guys enough of the online protest! Let’s get on the streets and do this!

25. nene

January 25, 2017 at 10:06 am

this is a good initiative. our country has gone to the dogs. come 2019, who do we vote? i think Nigeria has gone too deep in problems that no one is even vying for the presidential seat as before.

26. funmilola

January 25, 2017 at 10:11 am

in my deepest voice with my real face,i say let the protest begin!
    my sis is serving her so called father land now and she’s buying water to bathe, I just can’t believe it

27. that uptown girl

January 25, 2017 at 10:13 am

Tuface, posterity will remember you for this. I wondered who would go for it, why everyone had suddenly gone deaf and dump. Time to stop playing we ain’t say sh!t, they ain’t see sh!t, ain’t no sh!t with this government.

28. Baby gurl

January 25, 2017 at 10:22 am

Yay 2Baba. I agree 100. And I also agree with a commenter above dat ot should not be limited to Lagos only ass uaual. Abuja dey. Kaduna dey. Taraba dey. Etcetera. I hope it remains a peaceful proresr/marxh/rally and doesn’t turn into a riot. The enlightened ones should lead the way in each state or zone. No riff raff should turn it into a killing spree. We are tired. It is time to take back our country. E don do. Since 1973 we’ve been recycling the same set of visionless hoodlums at the expense of our (formerly) great country Nigeria. New generation hoodlums like Wike and Amaechi want to continue that tradition. E no go happen. Where are the visionaries? Let us take back our country. For Abuja/North Central I’m in o! Front and centre.

29. Papacy

January 25, 2017 at 10:26 am

I concur. A note of caution though, he should hold it in ekiti or Ph in case DSS boys start looking for who to do gra he’s with. Fayose or Wike will provide back up.

• Missy J

January 25, 2017 at 11:04 am

You see my fear. This protest shouldn’t be just about anti APC. Rather, It should be against the establishment.
      What better welfare has Fayose and Wike provided to their people?
      They are all part of this mess. No exemption.
      Please, Nigerians…this shouldn’t be partisan.
      All our leaders have failed us!!!

30. Nefertiti

January 25, 2017 at 10:29 am

I’m happy people are responding positively to this. I think this will be more effective if it’s taking place during a work day. It is when businesses are shut down and government is losing money (private sector will lose too, but we all must sacrifice something) that they will sit up and do the right thing

31. Diamond

January 25, 2017 at 10:30 am

Well done Tubaba! I’m with him.

Enough is enough with this government. We demand better.

32. nne

January 25, 2017 at 10:36 am

when i saw this i had a fresh breath of life. God bless you 2baba. its high time we the youth arise our leaders has failed us woefully. TIME AND VENUE PLEASE.
    DONT LET THE GOVERNMENT OR WHO EVER IS CONNECTED TO THEM DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TALK YOU OUT OF IT, THEY WILL COME FOR YOU DONT BE DETERRED GOD IS WITH US. RESPECT!

33. Gemonyi

January 25, 2017 at 10:39 am

I would definitely join. I went to market last Saturday and Always ultra double pack in a wholesale shop formerly N300 now N600. I toiled round thinking it was a joke but all where selling for the same amount. I was sad for those who would not be able to afford it.

34. Chyka

January 25, 2017 at 10:57 am

Please where are we meeting for the protest?

35. Chyka

January 25, 2017 at 10:58 am

Garri in my area (ABUJA) is now N350 per modu

36. Viv Law

January 25, 2017 at 11:02 am

This is long over due.
    Nigerians have been pushed to their limits.
    We must all join in and challenge these so-called leaders.
    Enough is enough!
    ‘NZOGBU NZOGBU ENYIMBA ENYI..”
    Translation: ‘We are like elephants, marching to battle, crushing obstacles on our way…’

37. Princess P

January 25, 2017 at 11:17 am

Finally, someone speaks out’
    There is hunger and suffering in the land
    I wish this protest can also hold in other states, not just Lagos.
    Its long overdue
    Tubaba, God bless you for this

• Erinkitola Temitope

January 28, 2017 at 1:08 pm

It’s a nationwide thing Princess, you can protest from your state, province, local government, our voice need to be heard all across… God bless you, God bless Nigeria

38. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

January 25, 2017 at 11:49 am

so there’s no electricity in Nigeria, and people are spending so much money

please explain to us in diaspora what is happening in Nigeria exactly

it’s all confusing

many people are buying mansions in Nigeria and at the same time they are complaining of fuel scarcity in Nigeria, I don’t understand

• Iris

January 25, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Seriously? Even if you live outside the country I don’t understand how this confuses you. It’s always been that way in Nigeria.

39. ceetoo

January 25, 2017 at 12:09 pm

We need details of venue and time…

40. GudNBoujee

January 25, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Pls this protest needs to be organised properly, I am ready to march to Aso Rock ????????

41. Tobereal

January 25, 2017 at 12:20 pm

UK…US..Gambia..Ghana all taking their country back…I pray the next elections that people would use the opportunity to get rid of both APC ..PDP..and like fringe parties.
    The hypocrisy is what gets to.people Buhari is more or less doing what Jona did..albeit using his fight against corruption as cover..
    Your family portrays a life of luxury when the people are suffering and businesses are packing up…
    Gwan Tubaba

42. Eve

January 25, 2017 at 12:35 pm

This is exactly what we need as a nation right now…. a voice. Our celebrities acting as though they are enjoying everything going on. Living up fake lives on social media. Am impressed with Tuface for openly standing for what’s right. People are suffering. Enough is Enough! We are behind you Tuface. As a people we are more than these politicians milking the nation dry while going on what they call a”well deserved” vacation… Mr president vacation after achieving what really? The Constant rise in goods and services. Or the Economic rundown your administration has carelessly put us in?
    More celebrities should rise more church leaders should rise. And let them see that with our number and voices, We can take our nation back from the evil claws of greedy old men.

43. Splendid Godwin

January 25, 2017 at 12:43 pm

I’m impressed 2Baba ! Please let the protest happen and make a positive change. They actually campaigned the negative change bluntly and unknown to people. People are been led from fry pound to fire…….Thanks to God we have you my brother. I’m proud of you. Ainya !

44. Xristybabes

January 25, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Venue and time biko 2baba….itz long overdue to protest!enough is enough

45. pita

January 25, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Finally the storm is Brewing!! God bless you Baba2!!! Yes, let’s take our country back!!

46. keerah

January 25, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Walahi, ENOUGH is ENOUGH, things are hard, the price of consumables are sky rocketing every time you go to the market, the masses are suffering, no electricity, high inflation rate, high unemployment rate, corruption everywhere. …..Chaiiiiii, Diaris God ooo……2Baba, I stand with you on this protest. Let’s do this!!!!!

47. Jean17

January 25, 2017 at 2:04 pm

I will join. Was discussing it with people at work and they are so unconcerned. Saying 2face doesn’t know what he is doing. I will protest, not for 2face, but because things have to change.

48. stil_

January 25, 2017 at 2:36 pm

We are not only storming the protesting ground in physical but also in SPIRITUAL! HOLY GHOST FIRE!! them all bad leaders. I don’t think there will be excuse of ‘I no wan die’ syndrome, because we are dead already in finance & economy. Let’s go there… Comes Feb 5th, 2017. I’m in for it.

• #Proudnigerian

January 25, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Holy ghosttt Fireeeee!!! The devil is in trouble.

49. Damilola

January 25, 2017 at 3:46 pm

YES. YES. YES to a protest against this government.
    I have uttermost respect for this guy.
    Nigerians, time to fight for your right and freedom. I pray this protest goes peacefully and be a wakeup call for action and change.

50. Babytohcute

January 25, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Please oh these people advertised vacancies, people applied and now even to know if you’re shortlisted for exam or interview is problem. The issue before was release of budget but another budget has come to meet us. Mbok, how long is recruiting process suppose to take?
    It’s just this year EFCC released their list of shortlisted candidates and suddenly the age limit dropped to 26.

Government…..

51. Luvnaija

January 25, 2017 at 4:21 pm

I am in already! This is not partisan ! This is not PDP or APC! Our leaders have failed us! The country has been programmed in such a way nothing works! I had my fair share of the corruption in government after a petition I sent which gave a positive verdict but overnight the oppressor infiltrated the ministry my verdict went into voice mail! I will come out for this protest just like queen Esther…if I perish ,I perish!

• Erinkitola Temitope

January 28, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Love your courage, I will stand with you, and if we die, we shall die together

52. Friday Godwin

January 25, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Together we can change this our father land to a better place to leave on.turbaba nice one

53. artklub

January 25, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Its very commendable and about time. The organizers need to have a plan for part 2, 3, 4 etc on ground in case this march reaches critical mass. Its not just about making noise. Its about making a difference and offering workable and sustainable alternatives. They need have experts from various sector on their team to work on alternative system ideas. this should be a long term goal with the march as the part 1, but then you better be ready with part 2 etc. Love to All!

• Erinkitola Temitope

January 28, 2017 at 1:04 pm

You are right, but we are the organisers ourself, let’s keep our suggestions coming in, we cancan open a “Nigeria March for freedom” page… Talk to as many people as you can, let’s all put in some effort, in our own little way, God bless Nigeria

54. Eephase

January 25, 2017 at 6:06 pm

I am with you Tubaba, Oya Come make we go!

55. Nunulicious

January 25, 2017 at 8:03 pm

I’m giving my staff the day off on 5th February 2016 to join this protest. I don taya for this matter

• sharon

January 27, 2017 at 10:20 am

Hi Ada!!

56. Ibinabo

January 26, 2017 at 9:57 am

Yes to this… I’m IN!

57. Nana Mai Kudi

January 26, 2017 at 10:11 am

Biko, where are the various locations and when, I live in Abuja and i am IN!

58. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

January 26, 2017 at 10:33 am

@Iris, it hasn’t always been that way in Nigeria

I have lived in Nigeria Many people were not buying mansions then

And there was always light and electricity even taps had water rushing out of them

• sharon

January 27, 2017 at 10:21 am

How old are you again?

59. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

January 27, 2017 at 11:49 am

@sharon, i’m old enough why?

60. Erinkitola Temitope

January 28, 2017 at 12:58 pm

So people, how do we go about this, in Ikorodu, Lagos, we intend to March to all government agencies, court of justice and what not… What are your opinions…

61. Tom Polo

February 1, 2017 at 12:41 am

Na the time to fight for our future and our unborn children own be this na once man dey die fellow Nigerians 2baba no fear I dey your back of them want war we go give them 7x

62. Tom Polo

February 1, 2017 at 12:45 am

Na the time to fight for our future and our unborn children own be this, na once man dey die fellow Nigerians. 2baba no fear I dey your back if them want war we go give them 7x

63. Evans, Owede

February 1, 2017 at 9:39 am

All hail 2face, the king of music!!!
    Ur lyrics in the musical world has come to reality. Let’s tell the whole world that, any eye that cries can equally see things.
    One luv Nigerians.

64. mmm

February 1, 2017 at 12:24 pm

I spot you 2baba. we have suffered enough

65. Faso

February 2, 2017 at 7:29 am

The move is a good one especially whn it come frm someone outside the political arena.nigerian let us give dis a shot,is a good start.Pls,2baba make a statement to exclude all dis political robbers from the rally.it will pay,so that (they)will understand and listen to our questions and warning

66. kamani

February 5, 2017 at 11:25 am

Buhari if thunder no kill you God go punish you …devilish human being fuck u, we are waiting to hear your death news

67. Dalha muawiya

February 5, 2017 at 10:17 pm

protest for what? 2 face,are you mad?just call fool like you to go on streets as nonsense reasoning. up buhari 2019.