Scoop

#BBNaija: From a Possible Relationship to CocoIce disliking Bisola’s British Accent…Here are 7 Highlights from Day 1

BellaNaija.com

#BBNaija has officially kicked off with Day 1 and we at BN will most definitely keep you up to date just in case you’re unable to watch it on DStv (Channel 198) or GOtv (Channel 29).

Here are the highlights from the housemates’ first day in the house.

***

• Settling In

The housemates entered the big brother house and everyone seemed pretty excited, Uriel being the first and TBoss and Efe the last. Host Ebuka revealed that Big Brother said there will be a twist as there will be no eviction this week but instead two new housemates will be joining the house although the housemate have no idea.

Marvis was not really blending in as she had a drink alone in the garden while everyone was inside the house getting to know each other.

• Testing the Housemates

Biggie wasted no time in putting the Housemates to the test. TBoss was called into the Diary Room and was given a Task. She was told to get the Housemates into the lounge where she read to them Biggie’s instructions. Biggie explained that fire safety was extremely important and he instructed them to listen for a siren after which they were to gather in the garden and await further instructions.

No sooner had Biggie explained how to use the fire extinguisher, the siren went off and the Housemates dashed to the garden to find that they had to put out a fire in the garden. They rushed outside and between Kemen and ThinTallTony they followed Biggie’s instructions to the letter and the fire was extinguished in no time at all.

The housemates then proceeded inside the House at Biggie’s instructions and once inside they were informed by Biggie that they had passed their first Task and had won points toward their wager. So far, so good, the Housemates showed that they could listen to instructions and act as a team.

• Flirting

Gifty came out to play as she flirted with the boys and Miyonse was presented with an interesting choice as he was asked who his baby was between Gifty and TBoss.

Miyonse & Gifty

Miyonse & Gifty

TBoss gave Miyonse a hard time, then she asked him to rub lotion on her back. While everyone slept, TBoss and Miyonse stayed up talking and ended up dancing around the house.

So far, Miyonse and Soma seem to be vying for the title of Ladies man, with Gifty and TBoss caught in the middle of this developing love quadrangle.

• Sabotage

Marvis was called into her Diary room session and was given a difficult secret Task by Biggie. To be fair, Biggie gave her until tomorrow morning’s fitness session to decide whether or not she was going to do what Biggie asked her to do.

Marvis

Marvis fails her first secret Task. #BBNaija #BBSeeGobbe Proudly sponsored by @payporte

A video posted by Big Brother Naija 2017 (@bigbrothernaija2017) on

With Marvis failing in her secret Task, Biggie passes on the torch to Uriel by giving her a difficult decision. He also gave Gifty, Miyonse and Bally secret tasks.

It took a while for Uriel to understand the instructions as she said “I am dyslexic” and that she had difficulty in understanding the instruction. She was visibly shaken as she felt that Biggie was cross with her. She was not the only one, however, that was given secret instructions by Biggie. During the Diary Sessions of Miyonse and Bally, Biggie told them both that Uriel had been given a secret Task and one had to convince her to do the Task and the other to tell her not to do the Task. Bally was told to do everything in his power to get her to do what Biggie had instructed her to do and Miyonse was told to get her not to do the Task.

Neither of them was told what Uriel’s Task was but that should either of them succeed in convincing Uriel to do or not to do the secret task, they would get a reward.

Not finished with the subterfuge, Biggie also gave Gifty a secret Task to report back to Biggie on any Housemates who were making alliances. He said that he wanted to know what they were talking about if more than two of them were sitting together and talking. His parting words to her were and remember, Gifty, failure is not an option.” This brought Gifty to tears as she took her time in the garden to compose herself, muttering to herself “I can do this.”

It’s only the first day in the House and already Biggie has been sowing the seeds of mistrust in the House by potentially putting each Housemate against the other.

• Fake Accents

CoCoIce made no secret that she couldn’t stand the sea of fake accents in the House. She thought that Bisola particularly exaggerated her British accent.

• Uriel’s Birthday

In true Uriel fashion, she asked Biggie for a red velvet cake, vodka, Brazilian hair extension and for the Naija old school tune “Eni pon se, bio bio” to be played on her birthday tomorrow.

• Head of House

Efe now has the task of leading the House, albeit for a week. With breakfast done, Big Brother assembled all the Housemates in the Arena for the Head of House Task, which saw them aiming to score maximum points by hitting the bull’s eye on a velcro board using soft balls. The aim of the HoH Task was to make the balls stick to the board and it was Efe who reigned supreme.

Biggie hit them with yet another twist; the HoH is expected to wear kingly ornaments, which consist of a beaded crown, two beaded necklaces and carry a lion head staff at all times, especially when addressing his fellow Housemates. To make it even more interesting, Biggie has instructed HoH Efe to keep his kingly ornaments locked away in the King’s Chest and keep the keys safe or risk losing them and his title as HoH.

First HoH

Soma kept his competitive nature tightly wrapped under a sunny and friendly disposition – he admitted wanting to take a shot at the HoH position.

***

Have you been watching the #BBNaija? Who is your fave housemate?

1. Spunky

January 23, 2017 at 10:55 pm

I’m not a TV person but I had to renew my cable just for this show and I am loving it…Gifty pidgin dey totori me.

2. Beard gang

January 23, 2017 at 11:02 pm

so this house is in south africa? Sad… From my assessment after watching for 1 hour this evening;
    Thintony: lively, funny, relatable, contender
    Efe: funny
    Cocoice: village babe…lol…seems well-behaved though
    Marvis: forgettable, weird (why does she have flavour’s haircut? …lol)
    Gifty: pretty, pretender, contender
    Bally: debater, aggressive,
    Soma: ladies-man, dry joker, playful
    Abisola: occasionally funny, talkative, lively, strong contender
    Ken: gragra, tries too hard
    Tboss: ??? I like her though ….very strong contender
    Miyonse: gentleman, thinks he is a ladies man
    Uriel: pretender, boring , irritating piercings, nice ass **winks**

3. Tracy

January 23, 2017 at 11:57 pm

TTT all d way.

4. Nne

January 24, 2017 at 12:18 am

Are we really doing this? Talking about BB Nigeria which is being filmed in SA? Distracting ourselves from our reality?

• Agu

January 24, 2017 at 12:29 am

Some United Kingdom TV shows are shot I United States it does not matter. Yes BBN have be done I Nigeria in the past but what ever reason the moved it to South Africa for this season might be a good reason.

• Lu

January 24, 2017 at 11:09 am

My point exactly. God bless you

5. Elizbeth

January 24, 2017 at 1:28 am

I love Uriel she is so real
    miyonse such a cute teddy bear
    Bally sly and confident
    TTT neutral
    tboss mother of the house
    cocoice is boring

6. Benny

January 24, 2017 at 4:40 am

Bally ?

7. Obi

January 24, 2017 at 7:39 am

I dont think i would be watching.. First they got away with the Voice Nigeria being shot in SA, then this.. Bringing up a bunch of lame excuses.. bunch of clowns!

8. Tdein Princewill

January 24, 2017 at 7:56 am

Sorry it’s my first day on Big brother naija’ are the housemates all Nigerians? Some Urie’s birthday dance by some housemates before their morning exercise ?

9. MAYborn

January 24, 2017 at 8:51 am

oh please! you guys should stop the hate of it being shot in SA, una wan make them burn fuel finish? our light aint stable, u want agbaro to come and start distrubing them for owo oni ile? abeg Nigeria issue is just too much.

• onyi

January 25, 2017 at 12:20 am

IT IS TRUE. IT CANT BE SHOT IN NIGERIA. IT WILL JUST EXPOSE US FINISH

10. Nne

January 24, 2017 at 8:57 am

Bally, Gifty, Uriel, Efe, Bisola are my faves for different reasons.

Bisola needs to calm down a bit and plan her strategy again, I want her to last but at this rate she looks like the one the housemates would keep nominating.

11. Diokpa

January 24, 2017 at 9:01 am

The show is great and I like all the housemates. They all have their individual strengths and weaknesses. I like the humility, warmth and love in the house for now. However, eviction things will disrupt the equilibrium. Na game sha…. I am afraid for Cocoice as she might be the first victim of eviction. She is laid-back and neess to realise her true potential. Same is applicable to Uriel & Bally, they need to put up more presence to win the hearts of fan otherwise either of them might just be on the way out. Big ups to DSTV even though Set in SA but still positive news to Africa & beyond about Nigeria for almost 3 months. This is the power of entertainment that will create massive wealth for Naija. With time, the infrastructure will be in place for total 100% local content in this and other shows. God bless Nigeria

12. adebola

January 24, 2017 at 10:59 am

Bisola and efe r d real deal, think am starting to like tboss though.

13. pita

January 24, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Am really gutted abt the location….! but still enjoying d shw! Hopefully, we will do d needful to ensure that the nxt BBN will be shot here!!…Soma just dropped a new single…! smart dude!

14. Iyun

January 24, 2017 at 5:04 pm

There’s already a house in SA, it makes no sense in building/getting another apartment everything is already in place there +we all know that electricity is nothing to write home about. So far I love Bally(so sad he’s taken, lool), I love Tboss too, I like Efe, Soma looks cool and Bisola but she needs to tone it down. Shes already a star even though I didn’t know her until Sunday and I realised she has her fan base already bcoz na see finish go end am which isn’t good for her as a celeb. My opinion

15. Miss Evo

January 24, 2017 at 6:26 pm

I love marvis. I’ve loved her since high school. Proud rivers girl. Efe has a good sense of humour doh…

16. onyi

January 25, 2017 at 12:17 am

I love this housemates they are just the best. this just showS how sweet and lovely my country people are. I love them so much.There IS so much warmth and love in the house. By the way my best housemate is soma. He is a sweet guy. GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

17. suSusan

January 26, 2017 at 2:54 pm

I love miyonce

18. Zonke

February 2, 2017 at 8:35 am

Wow! I love efeee,ttt,bally,tboss and bisola all the way #bigbrothernaija

19. Thulani

February 4, 2017 at 11:32 am

I love Efe.Soma.Bisola.Ttt.Bassy.Debbie.

20. michael aka makati smith

February 26, 2017 at 5:33 pm

i love u all housemate, but remember one thing that somebody must be a winner, eachorther love require trust and your trust required honesty. as for me i want ese to stay, 10qs

21. Blessing

March 18, 2017 at 12:33 am

All housemates are gud 2 go xpect 4 dis biosla of a gal she is so lossed I can’t believe she a mother, gal go get a lyf bcuz wat u r doing is not living a lyf, were problem go de na wen u no win dat money na u go see wetin u do self………….atleast EFE don realise wetin carry him go dere as 4 TBOSS ND DEBBIE I lyk ur mature lyf style keep it up atleast even if una no win u guys made ur family,friend nd fans proud …………Team EFE.