Music

Prince Eke Confirms His Marriage to Muma Gee is Over

BellaNaija.com

Actor and entrepreneur Prince Eke has opened up about his marriage to singer Muma Gee.

They got married in 2011, and are parents to three children including a set of twins, but Prince says the marriage is now “over” even though they are not legally divorced.

Just last month, in December 2016, he shocked many when he called her out on Instagram for “abandoning” their family for extra-marital affairs. He didn’t stop there. He also added this line to his Instagram profile – “a single father of three lovely kids”.

He soon deleted the post, but has now opened up about the state of his marriage and being single again.

Here are some excerpts from his interview with Punchalso here
***

What is the nature of your relationship with Muma Gee at the moment?

I am no longer married to Muma Gee, and that is it.

Is that official?

I do not have to tell you if it is official or not; I just want you to have it at the back of your mind that I am no longer married to Muma Gee.

On if he will get back with her if her parents get involved –

Till now, there is no time my mother-in-law has called me to apologise for her daughter’s behaviour. I guess they already know her antecedents. This is a woman who gave birth at an old age. I wonder what the person that is deceiving her is giving her or telling her.

On the Abuja incident –

I was out of the country when she left the children especially the baby that is barely three months old for a show. Which show could she have that lasted for close to a month? It was not till I posted on Instagram that she abandoned her children that she told her mother to come and bring the child to her. Meanwhile, people had been sending me messages on social media that they had seen my wife in a pub. Which married man would be happy about this? There are several other things she has done that I would not like to talk about because I don’t like speaking about my family on the pages of the newspaper.

Considering that the Bible frowns at divorce, how do you reconcile being a born-again Christian and divorcing your wife?

The Bible gives a reason a man is justified to leave his wife.

That’s infidelity; is that what happened with you and Muma Gee?

I am not saying that is what happened.

But does your reason for leaving her align with what the Bible says?

When it gets to the time I am officially divorced, I can answer this question. I can’t answer it now.

What’s the biggest misconception people have about you?

People judge you wrongly when they do not even know you. When the issue between Muma Gee and me happened, people said many horrible things about me that are not true. A lot of people think that Muma used to be the breadwinner of the family, but she was not.How would people say that I married her because of her money? I am solely responsible for paying the school fees of the children. Even when I am not in the country, I tell her to pay and I  refund her later. Now that we are no more, I’m still waxing strong; even doing better. Those things do not bother me though.

He refutes that he stifled her career –

Those people that say I tried to stop her from being an entertainer or married her for money have no idea what they are talking about. I have on several occasions helped her in her career the same way she has helped me in mine; that is what married couples do. I gave her some of my equipment to shoot the video for her song, ‘Port-Harcourt is Back.’ I have also invested in her career.

On custody of the children –

I am not agitating for the custody of my children even though I love them to a fault and would do anything for them. The reason is that the nature of my job does not permit me to stay in one place and even if I say I would marry another woman, I would not want anyone to maltreat my children or treat them like second class citizens in my house.

Some ladies must be eyeing you, and now that you’re single, what’s your next step?

Some people have been asking if I will get married again. I am still in the healing process. Some people feel that we might still come back together, but I do not believe that. It is one step at a time.

If you are to take the plunge again, considering what you’ve learnt in this marriage; what kind of woman will you be going for?

Some people say celebrity marriages do not work, but that is not true. Some people who are not stars are worse; it is just that they are not known. It is just unfortunate that I was with someone who was never ready for marriage and did not respect the sanctity of matrimony. Many of those girls pretending to be nice out there are wolves in sheep clothing. It is not just about getting married again; I also have to work on myself. I do not have to completely blame the other party; I also have my faults. I work on myself all the time and try to get better.

1. Iyke

January 15, 2017 at 3:17 pm

OMG…I don’t believe it…Tell me it’s a lie..
    And I was rooting for this amazing and beautiful couple. Thier love was so admirable…a perfect match.Damn….Why do bad things happen to very very good and honest people?It can’t be true?They didn’t watch ‘War Room’?
    Jesus take the wheel!

• Prince Charming

January 15, 2017 at 3:57 pm

If they had watched “War Room”, what would have happened? What is not meant to be, is not meant to be.

• Ob

January 15, 2017 at 4:07 pm

The sarcasm ???.

• that uptown girl

January 15, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Perhaps they didn’t drink coconut oil. I’ve heard it saves marriages too.

• Bubu

January 15, 2017 at 7:32 pm

All I will say is #PrayForNollywood, this is getting serious o. Marriage issues up and down!

• keke driver

January 16, 2017 at 8:13 am

“All I will say is PRAY FOR YOURSELF”

2. Nationalsquirrel

January 15, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Lmaoooooo
    HOW THE f-K won’t it be over?
    When he proposed to her the day he met her?????
    Dunce at first sight!!!
    Talking but when you know you just know.
    Delusional nigerian ideologies
    Lmaoooooo

3. slice

January 15, 2017 at 4:02 pm

What a foolish man. Some people some people all over his interview. Same some pple that were seeing his wife everywhere. Grow up

4. Nationalsquirrel

January 15, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Nigerian men can took often marry for the wrong motives.
    Like it’s a box to tick or something

Just met the fine woman and proposed then they had twins and he was probably feeling religious plus dumb nigerian mentality like it’s a blessing from God or right decision
    You didn’t ducking know each other
    You didn’t compare or discuss values
    Ntooiiiinn
    Igbo men I love you cause you don’t joke with relationships when u want to be serious and marry but your culture seems to make you guys marriage obsessed.

This is not to say that those time wasting your a demons are better but abel chill
    Too often you can be deceived by a woman who appears to meet the perception you want and just dive in head on.

Nigerian men in general you need to reevaluate what you consider wife material

5. Blueberry

January 15, 2017 at 4:11 pm

You didn´t want to make it seem you were washing your dirty linen in public but that is exactly what you did with that post and granting Punch Magazine that interview.

I believe if you had the least respect for yourself and your marriage, you would behave more maturely and solve this peacefully with dialogue and prayer. Whether your wife was cheating or not.
    If it has to come to a divorce, do so quietly and take your separate roads, instead of behaving like a child and trying to make people take sides with you.

Honestly, I think you are lieing about her extra-marital affairs. I belive she had just one and you decided to multiply it to disgrace her publicly. Don´t know exactly what happened, but I somehow don´t believe what you said Oga Prince Eke.

• Soton

January 15, 2017 at 6:09 pm

Why will you believe? Air head female.

• Prince Charming

January 15, 2017 at 7:14 pm

My friend stop talking trash. If he doesn’t tell his side of the story, everybody would assume their marriage fell apart because he cheated on her or physically abused her. In naija, it’s always the man’s fault if a marriage falls apart. So you want him to keep quiet like Maje. He has to clear the air jor.

6. skyhigh

January 15, 2017 at 4:15 pm

hissss..let us hear from muma gee..she sounds level headed and should be able to give us a rational explanation of what happened ….waiting for your mother in law to apologize ? what arrogance ..women haff suffered in nigeria

7. Weezy

January 15, 2017 at 4:16 pm

Nigerian “celebrities” are so razz. Nobody cares about your failed marriage. Deal with it privately and with a counselor. I’m so over these men ranting on Instagram about their wife not cooking for them, cheating on them, blah blah blah. Its like they have no backbone. You don’t like your wife anymore, divorce her and move the f on. Trying to get support from the public and the media is really pathetic.

• Anon21

January 15, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Guam!!!! s’all am saying. It’s really just irritating when men start acting like Instagfame biatches.

• Ngbabe

January 16, 2017 at 5:50 pm

@ Weezy but you are not so over women who complain about their abusive and cheating husbands and some that even write a tell all book right? Please give everybody equal opportunity, man or woman. I’m female and I believe in justice.

8. o

January 15, 2017 at 4:22 pm

A lot of marriages are now not lasting up to 5yrs. Jesus take the wheels

• Lord Richard

January 15, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Bcos d love of money is their front gear

• Idomagirl

January 15, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Their lots of marriages working out too…but na bad news dey trend.

• Idomagirl

January 15, 2017 at 6:34 pm

*there are

9. Why

January 15, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Why are their babies scrunched up in a toy stroller, that looks like their back hurts ?

• adukeologe

January 15, 2017 at 8:23 pm

You noticed huh? I dont know where they got the brilliant idea to put babies in strollers.

10. survivor

January 15, 2017 at 4:43 pm

is over? so what should d public do?fry beans..
    mitchewww

11. timmyblast

January 15, 2017 at 4:48 pm

wetin dey happen dis days. me don tire…

• Prince Charming

January 15, 2017 at 7:17 pm

People marriages dey fall apart you dey tire for them. You no go just dey look.

12. Ela

January 15, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Obviously you sound like you still love her. Unfortunately even if you do get back together you’ve said things about her a man should never ever publicly say about his wife. You just revealed your immaturity. If you could say stuff like these to strangers you’ve said worse things to those close to you.

I don’t understand… What help are you going from sharing with ‘us’ on social media? We should come in to give you advise? Those who have marriages that have lasted longer have you sought for their advice personally (trust me they’ll tell you worse stories)?

She hasn’t been one person I follow over the years. But surprised she has stayed this long with you. Obviously she tried to be a ‘wife’. Those years are no joke.

Please (won’t tell you to make it work). Sit down and decide what you want. Away from the voices of friends and family. If you want to walk away make it clean and noiseless as possible. If you think (I think) you can make it work go seek counselling. Start over with her… The grass is not always greener on the other side. *sigh* Best wishes.

• Someonecute

January 16, 2017 at 5:33 am

Teebillz said worse things….. where are they today? Like who would have thought! Rightly said,be careful what you say about your spouse during a fallout, there might just be a potential of coming back together.

13. LemmeRant

January 15, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Done reading the comments here.
    Think I’ll give it a little while for objective people to come into the discussion.

14. Lord Richard

January 15, 2017 at 6:14 pm

You guys were not meant for each other so take heart and move on. When she is ready for marriage she will see none

15. Tobi

January 15, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I can’t stand or trust people who use social media to air what is supposed to be a private matter. Grown ass man looking for public sympathy. Did you ask the public to grant you permission to get married. Mtchewwwwwww. Selfish git can’t even think of protecting your children from the embarrassment caused by airing private matters in public. Typical failed male attitude, he’s just gonna sink the boat with everyone on it just because his tiny ego has being bruised. No sympathy here bros just some good advice. Grow the fuck up and sort your house out. Stop screaming on social media like a clue less little princess.

• Ngbabe

January 16, 2017 at 5:54 pm

He was interviewed

16. OJ

January 15, 2017 at 7:21 pm

The marraige ended because Muma Gee was busy frolicking around with other men…simple!! You dont mix motherhood and irresposnsible lifestyles. And they say women dont cheat? They have all the time to perfect the art of cheating especially when the hubby is away from town….Oga please move on with your life and concentrate on the kids…..putting your whole heart in a woman can lead to heart attack

• nene

January 16, 2017 at 2:10 am

she has always been like this, but he’s not a saint. they should’ve never gotten married to each other.

17. nm

January 15, 2017 at 7:49 pm

This man is so irresponsible and immature. Obviously, the task of being a dad and a husband was too much a task for him. He cannot even own up to his wrongs, but publicly shame the mother of his children. What a disgrace of a man!
    Mums Gee has always played mum and dad in your house, taking on the responsibilities of the household all by herself. You were a nuisance and a loser, but she never disrespected you in public or let the world know about your dark side.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish, sperm donor. You will not be missed!

18. Bokun

January 15, 2017 at 8:19 pm

I am not one of those people who’ll judge based on who is first to shout foul on social media. Got to get the facts. Muma gee is not obliged to say anything to which I will respect her Silence because if she start to talk fowl yash go open. I respect her dignified silence. Please please Abeg muma gee don’t get drag into this mucky public display. If you got anything to say say it in court.

19. I know one

January 15, 2017 at 8:35 pm

I know one that her man is away as I am typing this and frolicking with men all around

These ladies are bitches.. I don’t know what they want. A man can never satisfy them. Just throw it in their face and they will lose all their sense of reasoning.

Why should men marry or commit to them then? What differentiates them from prostitutes? Better to go do one night and pay than spend all on these bitches and they still cheat on you

• damy

January 15, 2017 at 9:24 pm

She is not frolicking around. Prince is just insecure, hence he accuse her of cheating.

20. Bibi

January 15, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Correct me if i’m wrong Mums but i don’t think babies this age should be put in this style of stroller. It can damage their spine. They actually look quite uncomfortable. poor babies.

• Whew!

January 15, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Don’t mind wannabes trying to show off ooo, poor babies . Dats a toy stroller ..,babies at that age should still b on 0-6 months buggie

21. Bey

January 15, 2017 at 9:17 pm

I can’t get over she gave birth in old age, naija men and their shade.
    When u were procreating with her and enjoying her hooha and d marriage, you didn’t know she was old.
    Sorry o, baby boy.
    This is why I use to say I can Neva in my lifetime marry or date a younger guy.
    Wen shit hits d fan they begin to remember you are old.
    Next thing d family says maybe u used jazz to marry their son.

• Manny

January 16, 2017 at 4:44 am

I saw that too – she gave birth in old age. He probably didn’t let her hear word throughout the marriage on how if not for him, she for no give birth

22. Vingazy

January 15, 2017 at 9:41 pm

EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED ON EARTH HAVE REASON SO LETS LOOK UP TO GOD.. HE CAN CHANGE YOUR WIFE

23. nene

January 16, 2017 at 2:06 am

i’m shocked they lasted this long. at least she got kids

24. utchay

January 16, 2017 at 12:51 pm

I cant seem to get over his use of the ‘article the’ when introducing his children. He says ‘the baby, the children instead of ‘my baby my children’…..

25. Nisbourg

January 16, 2017 at 4:12 pm

humm! You don’t conclude when you’re angry.

26. nnenne

January 16, 2017 at 6:43 pm

How many times will I tell my Nigerian brothers that our women have come a long way?
    They are no longer our typical grandmothers, who swallowed everything for the sake of marriage.
    These women are opinionated and independent. All they ask for is to be respected and be treated right.
    Otherwise, they can navigate the storm alone!

These days, our women have choices! !!!!!!