Digital media company She Leads Africa has announced the launch of the SLAY Festival, an outdoor celebration of innovation, culture and technology with African women at the center. Set for January 21, 2017 from 10am – 8pm at the Railway Corporation in Ebute-Metta, Lagos, the festival will feature inspirational speakers, a virtual reality lab and exhibition, consultants corner for free business advice, a shopping marketplace, and much more.
Some of the speakers that will be sharing their insights at SLAY Festival include:
- Fela Durotoye, CEO of Gemstone Group
- Tara Durotoye, Founder of CEO of House of Tara
- Mary Remmy Njoku, Film Producer and CEO of ROK Studios
- MI. Abaga, Rapper and Entrepreneur
- Toke Makinwa, Author and Media Personality
- Kemi Adetiba, Film and Music Video Director
- Bolanle Olukanni, TV Host and Producer of On the Carpet with Bolinto
- Bukky Karibi-Whyte, Founder of Invicta Africa and The Bobby Taylor Company
- Audu Maikori, Founder of Chocolate City Entertainment
- Kabir Shagaya, CEO of Zippy Logistics
- Zainab Balogun, Actress, Model and TV Presenter
- Arese Ugwu, Founder of Smart Money Africa
- Ehinomen Rose Umane, Business Development Lead, BellaNaija.
SLAY Festival will have fun activities all day long including:
- Bella Naija Photobooth
- Maggi Jollof Rice Bar
- Cointreau Cool Out Lounge
- SME Consultant Corner
- TRACE Naija Lyrically Correct Music Game Show
- House of Tara Makeup Studio
- Art Exhibition curated by ALARA
- My Extensionz NG Pop Up Salon
- Virtual Reality Creation Lab hosted by Imisi 3D
- Natural Styling Bar hosted by Kinky Apothecary
- Live performances by Falana, Funbi and Tomi Owo
Tickets are only N3,000 if purchased in advance and are available at SheLeadsAfrica.org/SLAYFestival.
Media partners for SLAY Festival are Bella Naija, TRACE Naija, Okay Africa, Beat FM, Guardian, and Kamdora. Event partners are Maggi Nigeria, Cointreau, Kinky Apothecary, House of Tara and My Extensionz NG
* * *
She Leads Africa is a community that helps young women achieve their professional dreams. SLA has been featured in the Financial Times, BBC, CNN, Forbes, CNBC Africa, Fast Company, Black Enterprise and Huffington Post.
Individuals interested in learning more about these opportunities and joining the She Leads Africa community can join here. _____________________________________________________________________
BellaNaija is a media partner for SheLeadsAfrica