News

Obasanjo at 80: See Photos of Osinbajo, Sirleaf, Kofi Annan, Emeka Anyaoku, Tinubu, Modu Sheriff, Akpabio & More at the Opening of Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex

BellaNaija.com

Former president Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday opened the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Several dignitaries attend the event, including Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan, Liberian President and ECOWAS Chairperson, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf former Commonwealth Secretary-General Emeka Anyaoku, former interim president, Ernest Shonekan, and President of African Development Bank (AfDB), Akinwumi Adesina.

Other dignitaries at the event include national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, ex Head of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff, Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina, Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun, Senator Godswill Akpabio, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, Aliko Dangote, Nuhu Ribadu and others.

Ex president Goodluck Jonathan, Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, Former Ogun State governor, Gbenga Daniels, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce were also in attendance.

See photos below:

Photo Credit: Instagram – @buhari.sallau

1. FasholasLover

March 6, 2017 at 12:34 am

Nuhu Ribadu and Thiefnubu now fraternize? What is Alli Modu Sheriff doing there? We know he is a stooge of the APC to destabilize the PDP. How did Obasanjo get the funding for this Library? A gathering of men without integrity.. How can Nigeria balance with these band of thieves?

• Anon

March 6, 2017 at 1:53 am

“Nuhu Ribadu and Thiefnubu now fraternize?”
      Their common enemy is Atiku. Ribadu is back in APC.
      “In politics there are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests.”

Funding – the donors were mentioned a few years ago. The same old men he empowered while in power; bank MDs, industrialists/captains of industry etc. Some of them are shown here.
      Ogun state as well..

“PS: Consultations are ongoing as to who ur next VP will be. The brief man is very desperate. Watch this space.”
      I thought you had previously said he should take over quickly? I have always said he’s in cahoots with BAT. Who will they choose? A Northerner like Masari or Tambuwal.

• Fleur

March 6, 2017 at 4:20 am

Una don come oh. Make una allow Mallam Buhari to answer God bull horn in God’s own time before una destroy the opportunity for Osibanjo to right the wrongs. If you guys keep talking, the cabal will make life difficult for Osibanjo. Dont you like the few days of solace and progress? Abegnu, just contain the glee or whatever emotion it is and let sleeping dogs lie.

• FasholasLover

March 6, 2017 at 10:33 am

Anon, the brief man in Kaduna!!!

• Anon

March 6, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Ah FasholasLover , thanks for that. El-Rufai. So, two brief chaps?

• Fleur

March 6, 2017 at 4:18 am

I want to criticize Baba but I will let it go. he is the first president of Nigeria or even political office holder to think of putting something so profound in his home state. that is a tourist attraction that will bring people to Ogun state, and will at least disseminate information (correct or wrong) that people would otherwise not have access to. For that alone, whether it was built with state money, stolen money or donor funds, I salute you.

• D'Gifted

March 6, 2017 at 1:01 pm

You talk well my broda……….The man is living a legacy.

• Chioma

March 6, 2017 at 7:41 pm

I agree. This is a good contribution. Obj knows how to gather his enemies to celebrate with him. He plays his card well. I respect him. He is energetic for 80 too Congrats to him
      My husband is from Ogun, I will love to visit the library.

2. Jade

March 6, 2017 at 1:09 am

Obasanjo is strong for 80. He has his flaws but I will always respect him for his positive contribution to the politics of Nigeria.
    But I can’t help but feel angry when I see these old men, leaders who failed Nigeria and brought the country to the shambles.

3. Madman

March 6, 2017 at 1:12 am

Fraternity of FAILED Nigerian leaders. Losers association and gathering.

• looters

March 6, 2017 at 8:28 am

You couldn’t have said it any better. All of them, drunk from power and greed. Tufia

4. Anon

March 6, 2017 at 1:41 am

In the political boat, OBJ gets a pass from me.

I bet he cracked some jokes and that’s why they all had “pepsodent” smiles in that picture.

5. Tee

March 6, 2017 at 1:55 am

@Fasholas lover, bloody hypocrite. At least the thief built the library for those without shoes. Have you seen any gathering of politicians with integrity in Nigeria before. Tell the remaining people with stolen funds sorry ‘gift’ lol to remember to give back too. As for madman, how is your state governor performing? Abi na only Fashola waka come. I don’t like this particular thief trust me, cos he follow ruin this country but applaud good thing when you see one.

• FasholasLover

March 6, 2017 at 10:40 am

Eeewoooo. @Tee, l am a hypocrite becos? Are you well at all? It is okay to steal and bully people to donate to your personal business so long as it benefits the people of Ogun state? And you lot are quick to catch thieves who steal yams. In short, you are a thief.

6. nwa nna

March 6, 2017 at 2:13 am

African leaders are such let downs, Obasanjo included… Look at the gathering and you pretty much can see most of the architects of the issues plaguing Nigeria..

7. Livy

March 6, 2017 at 2:56 am

From the pictures it seems that the building houses some Nigerian history, identity and story which I should commendable. However I would have loved i for it is a Nigerian State project. Shame we don’t have this international standard edifice built and throughly managed by government.

8. Sorry for yourself

March 6, 2017 at 3:36 am

You should be tired of insulting OBJ by now,all this children that hate filled parents brought up.Ebora Owu did his best.

9. Meee

March 6, 2017 at 5:44 am

All I see are thieves…. old thieves …. recycled thieves….. and are still being recycled

10. marlee

March 6, 2017 at 7:12 am

i cant imagine the bad breath emanating from this bunch. they all look sick. shuuuw.

11. Charles

March 6, 2017 at 9:03 am

Obasanjo is a smart man. I admire how Yorubas think. This library is a positive thing, I don’t even care if it’s government money. If the stolen money can be used for great contribution like build advanced private hospitals, companies to create more jobs, schools etc it will be good.
    But no they just steal keep it buy houses and cars the backward African mentality.

12. Lanre

March 6, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Great feat, OBJ did well. It does not mean he own it. You can’t make profit form such, its just a selfless service to humanity that will be passed on to the state.
    #Its a Legacy
    #goal archived
    #winning

13. GANNY OGUNSHAKIN

March 6, 2017 at 8:57 pm

The building surely is magnificent. ( Because of Nigeria’s lack of maintenance culture ) I certainly hope and pray that his children, grandchildren and his foundation will continue to maintain this building long after he is gone. Time shall tell. A word is enough for the wise. I ‘ m just saying.