News

“I am so happy to share being number one in the world with you” – Read Serena Williams’ Sweet Message to her Unborn Child

Tennis champion Serena Williams, who recently announced that she’s expecting a child with her fiance Alexis Ohanian, cofounder of Reddit, has penned a heartfelt note to the baby.

“My Dearest Baby, You gave me the strength I didn’t know I had. You taught me the true meaning of serenity and peace. I can’t wait to meet you. I can’t wait for you to join the players box next year. But most importantly, I am so happy to share being number one in the world with you…. once again today. On @alexisohanian bday. ? from the world’s oldest number one to the world’s youngest number one. -Your Mommy,” Serena wrote.

Ohanian, who is celebrating his birthday today, also took to his Instagram page to (officially) announce that they are expecting a child.

“A new Snoo is on the way! My number one, @serenawilliams, is pregnant (she announced officially earlier today) and I’m so excited to meet the little one. You keep amazing me. April 24 is a hard day for all of us Armenians; may we always remember the sacrifices our predecessors made; honor them through our successes; and appreciate our blessings,” he wrote.

1. Marie Antoinette

April 24, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Awwww! Too sweet! I hope they do the right thing soon shaa…

Today for the very first time I witnessed how hard April 24th is for the Jewish community…even time can never heal the wounds and pains of the Holocaust. My friends wept profusely for their grand parents like they just passed away today…it was so heartbreaking!

2. Omo lara zion

April 24, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Cute but does Ohanian really have to include that white and black cartoon animation? It just doesn’t feel necessary to me.

• A Real Nigerian

April 24, 2017 at 9:36 pm

F%%% off.

3. Truth-be-told

April 24, 2017 at 8:33 pm

He IS white and she IS black. If he had made both black or white, that would have been awkward and all sorts of comments would have been made. “Let them do them” biko.

4. jwezee

April 24, 2017 at 10:36 pm

He included the white and black cartoon…we africans and our fake personalities…his living his reality and stating it..happy for them both

5. Naijboy

April 25, 2017 at 7:47 am

Wow. She is really a true legendary.
    So heart ❤️ warming

6. M&

April 25, 2017 at 1:44 pm

So sweet! Congratulations to them. Just thinking of the word ‘serenity’.

On the other hand I had a confusing experience with my 5 year old daughter some days ago. She asked me what the name of one princess from Disney junior was, I’m trying to know who exactly she means. She tries to describe, I don’t get it. Then I ask is she white? ‘NO!’ So it’s the black one? ‘NO!’. I give up. A few days later she comes up again, clearly frustrated that I have no answer for her. I ask again, is she black? “NO! But her body is BROWN, like our own!” Oh.. That must be Kiara. But I was shocked at the realization of our indoctrination, the little girl certainly sees it in a different way which is actually the truth. I decided I will never try to convince them that brown is black, as they did us.
    So seeing from my daughter’s eyes…..that cartoon is brown and white. And it’s just skin deep!