Events

Official Photos! Rita Dominic, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Dolapo Sijuwade, Stephanie Coker & More step out for the launch of Simi Esiri’s SCHICK Magazine

BellaNaija.com

Lanre DaSilva Ajayi, Simi Esiri, Rita Dominic

Simi Esiri’s SCHICK Magazine announced its grand entry into the African fashion scene with a two-day star-studded exhibition, in partnership with Veuve Cliquot.

The event held last weekend in Lagos and featured notable guests such as cover star, Rita Dominic, Adenike Ogunlesi, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Nkiru Anumudu, Betty Irabor, Dolapo Oni Sijuwade, Osas Ighodalo-Ajibade, Leila Fowler, Ini Dima-Okojie, Stephanie Coker, Dr. Sid, Tiwa Savage, Iyanya, Di’Ja, D’Prince, Tania Omotayo as well as leading fashion designers, Folake Coker, Lanre Da Silva Ajayi, Zainab Ashadu, Paolo Sisiano, Bayo Oke Lawal and many others gathered to celebrate the launch of the print and digital publication curated for the smart, stylish and successful African woman.

Images from the debut ‘Power’ issue were blown into life-size canvas images and viewed in an exhibition style over some champagne and canapés.

Leading Nollywood actress Rita Dominic shared her experience shooting the editorial images for the cover story in the magazine’s debut issue. “I grew respect for the SCHICK team while working on this issue, their attention to detail was mind-blowing and they were keen on getting everything done without shortcuts”, Rita enthused.

An exclusive piece worn by the cover star, Rita Dominic, by top fashion designer, Lanre Da Silva was on display at the launch to commemorate the occasion. “We put in a lot of work to give life to our ideas but seeing it being represented so flawlessly in the magazine made me fall in love with my pieces all over again,” said Lanre Da Silva Ajayi.

Check out photos below!

Stephanie Coker

Osayi Alile & Betty Irabor

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi for Insigna Media

1. Soty

April 26, 2017 at 9:37 am

Beautiful…
    Btw who else has noticed that Elohor Aisien has gradually removed the “Aisien” from her name?

• Bimpe

April 26, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Yes, I thought I was the only one who noticed on her Instagram page. I am so happy for her. Nice pictures. Rita is just too classy!

• Eli

April 27, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Yes Elohor is now her surname

2. Joycee

April 26, 2017 at 9:41 am

Congratulations Simi. I can’t wait to read your magazine. Everyone looks really nice… Nigerians don’t play sha oo

3. Pamela

April 26, 2017 at 9:44 am

Lovely. That family photo of the Sids is so nice!

4. Foli

April 26, 2017 at 9:57 am

Aww Stephanie Coker looks like a ray of sunshine. All lovely photos.

5. hollybaby

April 26, 2017 at 10:08 am

I was just about to ask the same question.

6. Independent Monitor

April 26, 2017 at 10:08 am

These pictures can’t convey the story of the blood, tears, and sweat that was shed behind the curtain to birth this dream. We all know that in Nigeria, dreams die first, where everyone tells you it can’t be done. But here she is, doing it. Brava!

To have put such an exquisite, tasteful event together must have taken weeks, if not months of hard work, and overcoming disappointments and put downs. I’ve seen the mag and it’s most impressive for a first edition. Good luck to her and her team. The sky is their limit. Make Nigeria proud. Let’s celebrate Simi and her crew. #LetsBeSCHICK

• Fisayo

April 26, 2017 at 10:55 am

Of which you are clearly a member of said crew.

• Independent Monitor

April 26, 2017 at 11:55 am

My o my. Where do you get off spilling such odious bile so early in the morning.? Case of acid reflux my dear?

I’d love to visit your company/gig to learn first-hand how you are doing Fisayo. Where are you located?

Or if you are yet to launch into the deep with your own venture, please shoot me an invite once you are ready to launch. I’m sure there’s so much to learn from your dark, distorted soul.

In the time being, you can subscribe to the mag here – http://www.iamschick.com/subscribe/.

Celebrate, don’t hate.

• Gina

April 28, 2017 at 8:51 am

@Independent Monitor

You sound so guilty. Fisayo typed a one-liner and you came back with this long story? And where is the bile? She simply said you’re a member of Simi’s crew, and with your reply, it’s even more obvious. How is that a bad thing?
      Na wa for you PR people oh, ever so touchy.

• Ms B

April 26, 2017 at 11:37 am

You are so right! everything and everyone looks awesome! Well done to the team!

7. Anon

April 26, 2017 at 11:07 am

Zara Odu – congrats!

• Anon

April 26, 2017 at 11:09 am

Zara Odu – congrats in arrears!

8. Observer

April 26, 2017 at 11:59 am

I just love Simi. She does not come across as fame hungry and thirsty for recognition and to be seen like 95% of Nigerian ‘celebrities’. She always carries herself with such class and grace and I loved how she dealt with her so called ‘friends’ during her wedding. Wishing you all the best in this new venture.

9. bella

April 26, 2017 at 12:22 pm

leila fowler’s skin tone though, gorgeous girl!

10. marlee

April 26, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Leila has a face and a half.

11. Simi

April 26, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Gbemi started living her best life and I love it.

Plus everyone looks nice

12. Suga

April 26, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Everyone looks nice and appropriately dressed for the event.

13. Idomagirl

April 26, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Everyone and everything looks so beautiful and classy!
    Well done Simi and the team ?
    The little girl is all grown now and so cute.

Rita Dominic’s skin sha!
    Same as Leila Fowler ?
    Lovely pics.

14. Fashion Girl

April 26, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Lovely pictures. The event looks very well put together. Does anyone know who handled the PR for this launch? Please share. One more thing, Zaraaaa ????. Welldone to the Schick Team!!

15. Hawt talk With Tosan

April 26, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Everyone looked SCHICK! Simi Well done girl!

16. Seriously

April 26, 2017 at 11:27 pm

I have to say everyone looked elegant and effortlessly beautiful. The little girl is all type of cuteness. Fowler is such a gorgeous woman. Everyone looked exquisite, wow the best.
    Congrats Simi

17. Felinda

April 27, 2017 at 12:12 am

Nice CLASSY & LUXURY magazine 🙂

adjectives nigerians love 🙂 🙂 🙂

hope the contents is not predictable and its better than most mags where it is all 99% fashion.

There is more to this world most of us intelligent ones are more interested in than red bottom shoes and some Gucci dress. HOw can you inspire me the reader , OUTSIDE OF THE USED OVER USED COMMON SUBJECT “FASHION”. Lifestyle is more than just fashion

Dont be predictable.

ps: What is your magazines MISSION STATEMENT and Tag line. I am curious.

I look forward to reading the first issue, For those of us outside Can one subscribe online (i dont care to subscribe yet) i will like to just purchase 1 issue for now see if it meets my interest..

18. Felinda

April 27, 2017 at 12:16 am

wait ohhh, someone told me Iyanya is short , from his pic here with Simi i guess he is not so short huh, he is practically towering over her :), either that or Simi is hella short like me (5ft)

Very nice of him to come support his label mates wife

• I Just Waka Come

April 27, 2017 at 9:37 am

Iyanya is short. He’s about 5ft, max 5ft 2. Go figure on your girl’s height.