Style

BN Style Your Curves: Kristen of ‘Trendy Curvy’

Hey, curvy girls, this one’s just for you! BellaNaija Style presents BN Style Your Curves. A series for the stylish curvy girl, stylists looking to be inspired or any girl with curves that’s looking for style tips.

Los Angeles based style blogger Kristen of Trendy Curvy is our style spotlight for today’s BN Style Your Curves. Just like her name suggests, Kristen is trendy, chic and simple. She knows what suits her body type and how to style it appropriately to accentuate her curves.

According to her Instagram dairy, Kristen loves her jeans, a-line skirts, knee length pencil skirts and body-con dresses.

When it comes to accessorising her nicely picked outfits, Kristen keeps it elegant and she doesn’t over accessorise. She maintains a neutral colour for her shoes (black, nude or brown) but sometimes, she plays with colours and for her bags/clutches, she keeps it simple, vintage and chic.

Dresses

Stylish and relatable, Kristen formula for dresses is simple. A simple, fitted, v-neck, wrap dress is all she needs. She loves her décolletage revealing dresses which add that extra sexy element to her look and keep her from looking big/bulky. With all those killer curves, why would you want to hide them anyway? Also, look out for high waist cuts on dresses or jeans, for that hourglass silhouette.

Skirts

Curvy Kristen pairs her skirts with mostly off-shoulder tops and matching shoes to add sophistication to her look. Florals, patterns, pleats or monochrome, Kristen is an all rounder with her skirt selections and she has great taste too.

Jeans

Kristen was one of our picks a few months ago when we featured curvy fashionistas in their perfect fitting jeans. The fashionista is on top of her game when it comes to her denim choices and styling them. She occasionally styles her jeans with a blazer which is perfect for work, date night or even girls night. It’s a classic!

Accessories

Sandals, pumps and lace-up shoes are Kristen’s favourites. She accessorises her outfits with the perfect jewellery, shoes and bags, giving it that extra boost of style.

For more BN Style Your Curve posts, click here. If you’d like to be featured, send us an email with [email protected] and don’t forget to suggest who you’d love to see in the next edition!

Photo Credit: Ms_Kristen

1. treasure

May 17, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Beautiful!!

2. me again

May 17, 2017 at 3:18 pm

they say she is big, i say she is majestic…..c’mon……give me some sugar, honey……….

3. king Bey

May 17, 2017 at 3:30 pm

She dresses so well

4. Rubby

May 17, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Wow..i give her an A!

5. Agege Bread

May 17, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Intense

6. ememe

May 17, 2017 at 4:19 pm

curvy designs done right

7. Ugo

May 17, 2017 at 4:52 pm

One word, gorgeous! My love for chubby chicks, so unparalleled.

8. Omoh

May 17, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Hello BN family,
    I have an issue that’s being bothering me for years and it disturbs my self confidence atimes.. The issue is that my calf is quite big for my body, i’m a size 8 but my calf downwards should be like a size 12. its so bad that i cant wear short skirt and i have to buy 1 or 2 sizes up when i buy trouser and then trim the waist and hip area. i’m tired of not being able to wear skirt and dresses. Kindly advise on exercises or drugs that i can do to reduce that area, I’m tired of people staring at me on the few occasions i manage to wear shorts around home. For God’s sake my legs are bigger than this lady’s (Kristen Curvy) own
    Please its ok if this is posted on Aunty Bella.

• Sisi

May 17, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Hi dear
      I know it’s easy for me to say (sorry in advance if this isn’t helpful:( ), but please don’t resort to surgery or medication to change your body. I understand it’s frustrating and inconvenient (I am bigger than the lady above, have a big midsection and rock a flat behind so trust me I’d kill for a smaller waist!) but people’s stares are not worth your health/life.

Our bodies are all different and so is our fat distribution so I personally would say don’t change a thing! If you were morbidly obese then that would be different and more related to health than appearance really.

Rock your clothes and ignore them! (I wear bodycon skirts like no one’s business lol they should come and beat me!). Stay positive dear!

• binighel

May 18, 2017 at 4:52 am

sis… it might be hard.. but you cannot do anything about it..there are people with large calfs..serena ? anowa adjah ? and they dress really nice… shorts, skirts.. you name is.. why are you bothered about people ? do they pay your bills ????… all you need is to boost up your confidence and carry go!..
      thing is people will always look! heck Il look too but how will that change anything in my life.. you got one life to live boo.. if you love dresses and skirts you better start rocking them..kisses!

• "changing moniker"

May 18, 2017 at 7:16 am

I don’t think there are drugs o… (even if there were I won’t recommend).
      I think exercise is good, it’ll give your calves more definition like Serena Williams’.

Don’t let stuff like that bother you too much. You are beautiful sister.

Me I am slim but I have big cheeks and a double chin, I have learnt to live with it jarey.

• Roman God

May 18, 2017 at 10:53 am

If only u knew how much African men love Huge calves.. Are you single?

• funmilola

May 18, 2017 at 11:28 am

My younger sister has big calves too, and I admire them to the extent that I wish they were mine. I love the way they shake with each step.
      Babe, rock your legs well….wear your skirts and shorts wella!.

• Omoh

May 18, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Hello BN fam,
      Thank you all for your comments and advice …… i really appreciate all you’ve said….
      @ Roman God i’m single, any…….

• Southern

May 18, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Don’t have the luxury of time to arrange my thoughts so I’m just gonna shoot. I totally understand what it means to deeply desire to alter a part of your body so bad, but I want you to know that self-love, acceptance and confidence is where all of that comes to non-existence (I know it sounds cliché but it’s THE truth). Take a look at the lady this post is about, by some people’s books and opinions, she should be rotting away somewhere dying in shame and self-hate for being this big. But what’s she done?? She’s turned the whole thing around, rocking her seeming “flaw” fabulously and elegantly, inspiring women of ALL sizes in the process!! So know that no one is perfect, and you my dear could be the one to inspire some other lady with a physique like yours when she sees you rocking your bod with all the confidence in the world, the best way you can. I truly hope you get my point. Cheers!

9. Deji

May 17, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Nice. Tired of all these bicycle frames.

10. honeta

May 18, 2017 at 9:23 am

I absolutely love her style !

11. Mrs O

May 18, 2017 at 10:32 am

These pictures made me smile…. I will print everyone of it and use for my personal look book. Confidence is attractive and it has nothing to do with size. I’m a size 12 going on 10 and I’m in love with this beautiful woman. She oozes style, confidence and poise.

12. Roman God

May 18, 2017 at 10:52 am

Definitely edible! ??

13. SmashingM

May 18, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Beautiful lady. Most curvy ladies have cute faces.

14. Jane

May 27, 2017 at 6:53 pm

if all curvy and plump girls were to dress this confident and amazing. Who would complain. what ever size you are, rock it like its hot

15. Obitalker

June 15, 2017 at 5:30 pm

This woman is gorgeous. I love her style and either slim or big can rock her style. Defn one of my best on BN. love, love, love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!