Career

Celebrating Opeyemi Odutemowo, the 29-year old Nigerian Lady with a Ph.D in Nuclear Physics

IK Nwosu

Congratulations are in order for Opeyemi S. Odutemowo who just bagged a Ph.D degree in Nuclear Physics from the University of Pretoria, South Africa.

Opeyemi, a graduate of Applied physics (Geophysics) from the University of Lagos, attended Mayflower School, Ikenne.

Her brother tweeted the news earlier this week.

Opeyemi and her brother Gbolahan

After her undergraduate program, she proceeded to University of Pretoria where she bagged her M.Sc and Ph.D degrees in the field of Physics.

With her thesis focusing on the effects of fission product bombardment on glassy carbon, she aims to proffer solutions that will help generate cleaner and safer electricity in Africa.

Well done and congratulations Opeyemi!

IK is a creative writer who has authored one book - Catalysts. His core expressions are Content Development, Personal Development, and Social Development.At other times he's a music instrumentalist and a rookie actor. He’s Part of the BN Editorial Team.Follow him on Instagram @iknwosu and Twitter @iamiknwosu

1. omaa

May 13, 2017 at 11:41 pm

This is great

2. Las

May 13, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Awesome! Congratulations Opeyemi!

3. Bello Ahmed

May 13, 2017 at 11:58 pm

Sweet, congratulations

4. florence

May 14, 2017 at 1:33 am

Congratulations. One man will now see this accomplished lady, like what he sees, will want to marry her only to now suppress her because he is the “head”. May God blind the eyes of every useless man to you. May they not see you. Amen.

• A Real Nigerian

May 14, 2017 at 3:25 am

AMEN!!!

• le coco

May 14, 2017 at 5:29 am

??? Amen

• EE

May 14, 2017 at 6:11 am

Weird isn’t it?

Your first thought for her was a man. Should’a stuck to just congratulations.

• Chief

May 14, 2017 at 9:52 am

@Florence…

Exactly!! the same reason why men don’t marry them because of their certain superiority spirit of making the ship to have several captains,most of them can be arrogant about their intelligence,also their better than you syndrome which normally takes effect after marriage,. and of course the intellectual competition which usually ends up in argument.Don’t get me wrong,intelligence is sexy,what can i say? most men love intelligent/highly educated women from a distance but once they come into contact with such women,there is a decrease in attraction.Although educated and career women are not necessarily the same thing in people’s view but the same in my own view.Most men prefer a simple woman over an highly educated one for the simple reason that highly educated women are too dominant and controlling.No real man want a wife that looks down upon him as lesser.Infact main reason why i rejected my woman post graduate study.This is a big issue in my family right now,i have rejected my brother’s engagement/marriage proposal to his Medical doctor fiance for 3 years now,I have tried to advise him but instead he decided to listen to his fiance.Who is she? A medical doctor “fiance”not a wife yet disobeying my command? I have noticed that my brother is becoming stubborn now because of her.I’m still holding that marriage from happening,that marriage can never hold in my life,over my dead body.Never!!.

Anyway,the question still remains;Are most men so insecure we live in fear of fellow persons who happen to be educated women? NO…believe it or not most men are not attracted to highly educated women.Especially Alpha males seek to avoid partners who compete with them intellectually instead they look for someone to bolster their ego rather than destroy it.Human nature is such that men are defensive towards people who threaten them.Even at work men avoid highly educated women if they feel undermined by them or if they threaten their natural order. You can’t have two alpha’s bultling heads,it never works.pairing them exacerbates social inequality, and also trying to pair them is a recipe for failure.Opposites attract,most of the highly educated women are attracted to beta males and blue pill men,which they may have to be taken care of.that’s the simple truth.I have seen these beta males who are married to these highly educated women and i have witnessed their condescending treatment from their intellectual wives,being belittled and spoken to like naughty children i squirm for them.

Yes most men do have problem with dating/marrying an highly educated women but why is it that a man who’s allergic to highly educated woman is deemed as a weak man?Why? for most men the idea of dating/marrying someone more intelligent/educated than themselves may actually be a turn off.Physical attraction and personality catch most men attention not education.Obviously all men are different and to generalize an entire gender would be wrong but i’m speaking from 80-90% of men out there.

BTW Congrats to the young lady.Please i’m not hating.Wish you best of luck

• le coco

May 14, 2017 at 12:30 pm

chief pls be quiet…. This long epistle for what? congratulate her and MOVE ON

• Adunnie

May 14, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Just look at this nitwit called chief.. Senile bitter idiot. Gosh you sound like a whiny teenager.
      “A medical doctor “fiance”not a wife yet disobeying my command? I have noticed that my brother is becoming stubborn now because of her. I’m still holding that marriage from happening,that marriage can never hold in my life,over my dead body. Never”
      You must really think you’re important. May God deliver your brother and his fiance from your ugly and evil hands. Shey the wedding will happen over your dead body don’t worry that’s exactly what will happen. Speaker of 80-90% of men. Agbaya oshi. Say congrats and waka pass no, you much show your insecure misogynistic ass everywhere.
      On a lighter note congrats Opeyemi. Keep soaring higher.

• Dayo

May 15, 2017 at 7:55 am

Amen

• Ademilola

May 18, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Amen?

• ken otaren

September 6, 2018 at 8:41 am

God made it so.The man as the head.

5. Bruness

May 14, 2017 at 6:07 am

My #tapping journey for my kids continues #Amen #Smiles

6. Ms B

May 14, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Awesomeness! I love this!

7. Pink

May 14, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Congratulations! ??

8. Chimzy

May 14, 2017 at 3:27 pm

@ chief,

You said over your dead body will your brothers wedding with the fiance hold.
    Thumbs up bro, it’s gonna happen as you wish. Congrats ope joor.

• Joy

May 14, 2017 at 8:22 pm

My friend, i felt chill down my spine when i read that part of @chife message.like, who talks like that over their own brother’s marriage and happiness? I wish the brother in question could by some miracle read his message.so he will know the kind of person he calls family.he is not even ashamed,or even feel some type of way saying that.just because he is afraid of marrying an educated woman,he wants to forced the same thing on his own brother. Claiming that the brother is now stubborn,like the person is a child and can’t decide what best for him.he shouldn’t be happy with his wife-to be because she is a doctor. Godforbid bad thing.may God protect the brother and his fiancé. May they get married and live a happy life.may it be over “the dead body” of anyone who will try to come between them.in jesus name.Amen. @chife shame on you.i split on you. You are a very wicked human begin.

9. quietconfidence

May 15, 2017 at 4:31 am

Congrats Opeyemi, may you continue to soar and be an inspiration to others.

10. EbonyFre

May 15, 2017 at 10:00 am

Congratulations to her.
    In other non-publicized/celebrated news, Austin Eguavon’s daughter had her Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering at 27 years

11. Yussuf (bobby)

May 15, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Yes, it may be true. You have to be at same threshold for you to have those kind of ladies, I mean, highly educated ladies. True, most of the compete and dont succumb when it come to some issues. They can be terrible a times. Their marriage sometimes dont last, they like to dictates – be the boss.

12. Ugbonta Priscilla

May 15, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Congratulations dear.

13. Daniel

May 17, 2017 at 5:34 am

Very awesome. Congratulations Opeyemi

14. Jonathan

July 30, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Congrats Opeyemi!Dear Author, I have passion for RENEWABLE ENERGY. I have done a presentation on “NUCLEAR POWER GENERATION: ITS SOCIO ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE, USES,DANGERS” I would like to identify with Opeyemi in some areas.
    I couldn’t get her direct contact online. Please, link us up.
    Thanks