News

How 39-year Old Man Allegedly Killed his 7-year Old Son after Accusing him of Stealing N3,200

The suspect, Richard Inimgba | Photo Credit: PUNCH

The 39-year old man who allegedly beat his 7-year old son to death in Port Harcourt over alleged theft has been identified as Richard Inimgba and is currently in police custody.

Richard had accused the deceased, George Inimgba of stealing N3,200 from him over time, and reportedly used a cutlass and plank to beat up the primary school pupil.

PUNCH reports that George’s stepmother Blessing Inimgba failed to rescue the boy when he was being beaten by his father. She also is in police custody.

An Instagram user @srigeorgeom, had reported the boy’s death over the weekend, saying that he had met him earlier on in the week where he attempted to steal snacks to eat and was caught. He said the shop owner, after hearing his story, gave him the snacks and something to drink.

He said the deceased had told him that he was not being fed at home, and he (@srigeorgeom) gave him food and promised to go see his father that weekend.

Richard had planned to keep the 7-year old’s death a secret, but the carpenter who he invited to make a coffin for his burial raised alarm.

Neighbours say since Richard sent the deceased’s mother packing 6 years ago, he had been maltreating the boy.

Telling her own side of the story, the wife of Richard’s elder brother, who identified herself as K.K said:

He beat the boy for about two hours. My husband was not around. The boy was crying and saying, ‘Daddy, give me water, I cannot walk again.’

The boy was saying ‘Sorry Daddy’ and the man continued to ask, ‘Where is the money?’ But the boy said he was hungry and used the money to buy bread. He accused the son of stealing N3,200 from him overtime.

The boy was always hungry and if he came to my house to eat, the stepmother would report him to the father.

He went to his church to tell the pastor that his child was dead without explaining what led to the little boy’s death. It was when the carpenter raised the alarm that the neighbours knew that he had killed his son.

There were machete cuts on George’s body. Some angry boys came out and gave Oyinbo the beating of his life before a team of mobile policemen arrested him and his wife.

A neighbour who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Richard had been arrested for brutalising the deceased in 2016.

“He was arrested, detained for three days and was made to write an undertaking. It was at that point that the boy started going to school for the first time,” the neighbour said.

1. Bleed Blue

May 22, 2017 at 8:14 am

‘Daddy, give me water, I cannot walk again.’

My heart…

• adelegirl

May 22, 2017 at 12:23 pm

See ehn, that broke me.

• florence

May 22, 2017 at 2:06 pm

That pierced my heart. I couldn’t continue. I have a daughter i can die for. I will fight to the death for her. I can’t imagine anyone inflicting such pain on their child. I almost died when i read “machete”. Tbe intent was to kill. Kill your own blood. Children are difficult to hate. Very very hard. I can’t. I am in tears.

• iyke

May 22, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I looked at the child and my heart bled. Look at his soul through his eyes – he was crying out for help…That was me…that was my childhood. Only difference was that I survived.
      Son, you didn’t deserve this….I am sorry….I would have helped you.. Gosh….am so broken right now. Can’t get his face of my mind.
      Rest well son….the pain is gone now.

• Ottawa Queen

May 22, 2017 at 2:35 pm

And so many families are living in pain and tears every day in search of just a child. Here is a full grown ass man, sent by the devil to kill an innocent child. I don’t want to curse you but May God have mercy on you. I feel so hurt.

2. Darius

May 22, 2017 at 8:29 am

Women! Plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, when you leave an abusive marriage, don’t leave your kids behind!

• Puzzles

May 22, 2017 at 9:25 am

Did you think the mother had a choice? The man is clearly an abusive person. She must have ran for her life and efforts to take her child proved abortive.

My aunt was a victim as her army officer husband threw her out and refused her access to her children. It was when they became adults that they searched for their mum.

I know a woman whose husband took the children when he lured her out, claiming she should meet him somewhere after he had been absent from their lives before her last child was born. Last i heard, efforts to get her children back led nowhere as the man had the support of his family members and police officers.

Remember Emeka Ike’s ex-wife? The COURT granted him, an alleged abuser, full custody of the children. You think that was what the ex-wife wanted?

So stop and think before passing judgments.

3. Billionaire in grace

May 22, 2017 at 8:30 am

Lord have mercy

4. Max

May 22, 2017 at 8:47 am

Sad and touching,Wish the mother had come to take the child away,when he was suffering.

5. Bea

May 22, 2017 at 10:12 am

Why wont he steal? The poor boy was HUNGRYYYYYYYYY. How can you starve your own son?
    @Step mother: God will pay you back

6. Nonamespls

May 22, 2017 at 11:36 am

This just broke my heart, my overactive imagination can just picture the last minutes of the little boy’s life. O Ma se o

7. Bluey

May 22, 2017 at 12:28 pm

“Daddy, give me water; I cannot walk again.”
    I am just speechless. Some people aren’t meant to be parents at all.

8. Cocolette

May 22, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Poor poor child! All he wanted was to eat. Lord Jesus please take away any useless spouse from my future, my kids should not see what I’ve seen!

9. Tee

May 22, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Children are indeed blessing from God but some are from the devil. Na one woman born this man o. For women that are TTC and those with children, pray for your children. Asewo for brothel sef dey born, people wey go herbalist go eat shit dey born. Don’t get desperate to bring a child into this world bcos of family pressure, pls use those waiting years to invest in prayer for the future of that child. As for this man, na kirikiri get you, madam step mother, karma get hard drive, if you no pay, your innocent children go pay for your actions.

10. Divaangy

May 22, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Wicked father, when he was alive you starved him of his daily bread, even in death u couldn’t even give him water to drink..
    Who in their right mind uses plank and machete on a 6yr old? Eviilllll

11. iyke

May 22, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Rest well son….the pain is gone now.

12. Mz Socially Awkward.....

May 22, 2017 at 11:25 pm

No, God, please not again. Why?

God, please, why are these animals allowed to birth to these precious babies? I can’t be a Christian about this tonight – that man needs to be killed off. He is not fit to live as a human, even in prison, he needs to be painfully and slowly put to death. Justice in its entirety must be done.

Look at this child! My God!