News

Man Allegedly Beats 7-year old Son to Death in Port Harcourt

BellaNaija.com

The police in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, has arrested one man, identified simply as Amadi for allegedly beating his seven year old son to death.

The tragic incident was first reported online by an Instagram user @srigeorgeom. He wrote:

What a cruel world. This week Tuesday, between the hours of 8 to 9 am. I saw crowd of people around my vicinity gathered this little boy, so I stopped by and inquired what happened. They told me this little boy on his way to school, stole doughnut from a shop. The people whom he stole the doughnut even gave him more of it and mineral and asked him to go. They all claimed that his father and stepmum have the habit of starving and beating him to stupor on daily basis. I saw so many scars on his body.I took the boy to my house, interviewed him, and he told me so many things. How he has been suffering since his mother left his father. I gave him some biscuits, asked him to come and eat at my place anytime and promised to see his father this week before he left for school just to wake up this morning with shouting that his father has beaten him to death. His father has finally killed him. This happened in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.

According to PUNCH, eyewitnesses reports that the tragic incident occurred on Saturday at about 12.30am.

Another source said that the boy, who failed to carry out the father’s instruction, got beaten until he fainted.

Another eyewitness alleged that the deceased was beaten to death because he stole the sum of N3,000 from his father.

The matter was reported to the police and the man was arrested.

The Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the incident

“Yes, it happened today in Amadi-Ama in Port Harcourt. I think there was a misunderstanding between the boy and his father before the man began to beat the son until he (son) died,” Omoni said.

1. Michy

May 21, 2017 at 9:48 am

May his poor soul rest in peace.

2. Roman God

May 21, 2017 at 9:58 am

He must face the wrath of the law! If he did a good job as a father, the boy won’t have to always resort to stealing whenever he encounters lack or insufficiency. R.I.P little angel!

3. Jo!

May 21, 2017 at 10:28 am

“Misunderstanding”????? Between a grown man and a 7 year old boy???

“MISUNDERSTANDING”????

• #MadeInNaija

May 21, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Exactly my thoughts….. RIP poor boy. Beating is never a form of correction and all Parents that are fond of beating or hitting their children should take note. To Daddy beating, you have killed your son with your bare hands out of your own leadership failure, now get ready to face the consequences.

4. Swagg1

May 21, 2017 at 10:38 am

What a POS!! Some ppl do not deserve to be a parent, PERIOD!!

5. Marlee

May 21, 2017 at 1:15 pm

I dont want to crucify men but their deeds says otherwise. How possible can a human being not have sympathy. Kids are to be loved. My heart breaks. I have kids that I will die for and if anyone dare do them harm, only one of us will be alive to tell the tale. I swear it.

6. concerned9a

May 21, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Thanks….I was going to say if the kid was fed he wouldn’t resort to stealing food
    The language 9jas use for justifying violence and abuse against children is atrocious…
    God save us from wicked StepMums…this is the spill over regarding separation….some folks place the needs of their new partner over their own flesh and blood tragic!!

7. Darius

May 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm

This man needs to die a slow and painful death! This is the height of barbarity and callousness! It scares me to death to think that animals live amongst us.

8. quinny

May 21, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Let God judge that man so severely. Beating a child till he dies? Over what? 3000 naira? That’s witchcraft.

9. anon

May 21, 2017 at 2:33 pm

If it were a woman now, many idiots will say this justifies domestic violence on women. The amount of wickedness and pea brains in nigeria are too many, yet we’re the most religious when it comes to judging babymamas and bobrisky

10. john

May 21, 2017 at 2:46 pm

this is what I have been saying all along..children are the ones that really need to be paid more attention in this country…they endure alot of abuse from both genders ….from sexual to physical to mental .. and the circle continues once they grow up…beating of children should be banned in this country ( whether in schools and in the home) they are not cows..if u want to beat somebody go and become a herdsman..it is a pity we don’t have minister of children but we have one for grown up women..smh

11. Munachimso

May 21, 2017 at 4:55 pm

This news sents chills to my spine..

The boy actually lives with his father and step mom, his mother left.. I beg humans in the name of God, when you leave an abusive relationship, go with your kids.. If you as an adult couldn’t bear it, what do you think will happen to a kid?

This is so barbaric..

12. hummm

May 21, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Anyone can be a Father , but it only takes a special person to be a DAD. . Folks like this should not procrate. .

13. Taiye

May 22, 2017 at 11:12 pm

The person that shared this story in Instagram should know that God placed him or her as well as the neighbours, and the police who knew or saw this boy, to save him from his evil father. He was just an innocent child crying out to those that helped him to save him from misery and torture. God can not come down to help those in need but HE sends people our way to help us when we need it, like this poor abused boy. I pray for mercy for everyone that read this sad story including myself, to ask God to give us the grace and sensitive ears to hear Him whenever people or children who can not help themselves comes our way for we are supposed to be our brother’s keeper and forgive us, when we do not go an extra mile for those in dire need or help. He is in Heaven now, free from pain and hate. His father deserves the death penalty for his cruelty to this innocent child and his step mother, a long jail term in prison for accessory to murder. What a wicked and evil world we live in!