Events

“If We Truly Believe it is Our Time, We Have to be On Time!” Watch Jidenna speak out on not being able to perform at #OneAfricaMusicFest in London

BellaNaija.com

Music star Jidenna was billed to perform at the One Africa Music Fest in London last night. “Jidenna Generals” were looking forward to seeing their “Classic Man” on stage but that was not to be.

In a video statement released via Twitter, Jidenna explained that he was unable to perform at the groundbreaking sold-out show because the show ran over its allotted time.

While Jidenna commended the show for being an epic occasion, he cautioned that “If we (Africans) truly believe it is our time, we have to be on time”

Watch

1. Olori

May 14, 2017 at 9:39 am

A friend that attended said it was poorly planned out. They literally carried African time to London. The unknown opening acts got to perform for close to an hour while the big stars were given 5-10 mins. My friend came for Jidenna only and didn’t even get to see him. Lol.

2. African music lover

May 14, 2017 at 9:40 am

So these people allowed certain flop artists to perform on this international platform because they are sleeping with Paul o but they couldn’t allow they amazing jedina to perform?
    What rubbish!
    If people turn up late or you allow friendship and p&ssy to be the reason you let people perform how will we ever become the greatest again?! Emma nyra performed but jedina didn’t ? ?
    Let’s not even talk of Praiz and Victoria, these people can’t even book shows on Africa smh
    12,000 people at the venue with millions watching across the world. What a joke ?

3. jwezee

May 14, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Smh…was disappointed at the performances sef…just musicians jumping like monkeys…paul need to tidy up….show biz is all a about crediblity and delivery.

4. Corolla

May 14, 2017 at 1:44 pm

It’s the people that waste their time attending such events that I blame. I learned my lesson about Naija shows 10 years ago, and I can ever waste my resources to attend one. I’d rather get under my covers and watch netflix. Oloun maje

• Abi

May 14, 2017 at 2:43 pm

We have a long way go and many lessons to learn. But I’ll support naija every time. Netflix gbakwa oku mehn.

5. sentj

May 14, 2017 at 3:12 pm

We would support Nigerian artist in other ways, just don’t tell me to waste my money and time on crapy shows and performance…we would buy the album and leave it at that

6. Nyc

May 15, 2017 at 2:16 am

They can’t even try this nonsense in Atlanta..Atl folks don’t even have time for all these Naija entertainmnet crap..you will not sell 1ocents!!

7. artklub

May 15, 2017 at 8:18 am

i am glad he did not perform. serves the organizers right. money is not everything. integrity is everything. nothing do you jidenna.

8. Elle

May 15, 2017 at 12:36 pm

The irony is that when the event started Banky W praised us for being the ‘most on time crowd’. However the event started 1.5 hours later than billed. The smaller acts had a lot of time to perform, whilst headliner’s rushed through their sets or didn’t get to perform. They managed to hustle 20 more minutes and P Square and Flavour performed. At the end the Fire Marshal arrived and Banky was begging for 5-10 more minutes (I’m guessing for Jidenna to perform) but they literally cut his mic LOL).

All in all, it wasn’t terrible, I had fun but the organisers just have to come correct next year. If the organisers are reading this, please invest in some big screens… the way I was squinting throughout the whole event *SIGH*