Scoop

“Less Shared The Better!” – Betty Irabor encourages Celebrities to keep their Relationships Private

BellaNaija.com

Betty Irabor Photo Credit: Instagram – @bettyirabor

Media Entrepreneur and CEO of Genevieve Magazine, Betty Irabor took to her Twitter page to encourage more celebrities to endeavor to always keep their relationships from the public eye. Following Banky W and Adesua Etomi‘s big reveal today, she expressed her delight at the matured way some celebrities are handling their private matters recently and encouraged others to follow suit.

See her tweet below:

1. Red

May 3, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Well Said Aunty B!

• Seriously

May 3, 2017 at 9:19 pm

Nothing is well said. People are different. Nothing wrong in sharing good news. Not everything has to be coded or done secretly. It’s okay for things to be celebrated publicly, as long as social media is not the only place you express your love. Then go on there to fight too.
      There’s balance to all these things.

2. funmilola

May 3, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Adesua and BankyW just proved to us that celebrities can actually keep their relationships and all other things away from the public if they really want to.

• Dudu

May 3, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Theirs is a rare case. Them bring in s movie together really help. They managed to keep it a secret because they were hiding in plain sight. If someone saw them together there wouldn’t be any suspicion seeing as they where costars in a movie

• Brenda

May 4, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Please I am waiting for Genevive and Don Jazzy’s secret to be revealed.

3. True love

May 3, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Bankole and adesuwa love will never die.They are public figure they can’t hide.No matter how much shared they are meant for each other .Esu ese koni ya won

4. King Bae

May 3, 2017 at 9:04 pm

They won’t still listen… smh

5. madamsofo

May 3, 2017 at 9:10 pm

live and let live. Let people live their life however they want. private relationship crash, just like public ones.

6. Vidavi

May 3, 2017 at 9:14 pm

In a country like Nigeria where you have no idea who wants you to fail or succeed, its best to keep things under wraps. It will be interesting to see how many groomsmen Banky has, he’s been in so many weddings, and seems to be loved by all.

• Shandi

May 3, 2017 at 11:20 pm

“In a country like Nigeria where you have no idea who wants you to fail or succeed, its best to keep things under wraps.” I’m Cameroonian living in Canada, but may I say that’s an irrational remark? Anywhere you are in the world, you have no idea on who wants you to fail or succeed! Smh. A lot of you need to be more practical/logical as opposed to being ignorant.

• Vidavi

May 4, 2017 at 3:01 am

@Shandi… I’ll tell you what’s ignorant ….responding to a comment that has nothing to do with you. Don’t tell a Nigerian how to speak on Nigerian matters. Stay in your lane, or better yet your country. Ms Cameroon

• Smh

May 4, 2017 at 10:39 am

@vidavi.. pls stop ur ignorance… Is it only Nigeria… So the kardashians whose relationships fail are Nigerian abi? Kim n khloe must b frm ur village

• Vidavi

May 5, 2017 at 4:27 am

@SMH keep shaking your head there…there’s nothing ignorant about my comment. Move along.

• Vidavi The Knower Of All Things Nigerian

May 4, 2017 at 11:08 am

Vidavi, I’m Nigerian and I live in Nigeria, You know deep in your heart that what you have typed does not make any sense. You also know that Shandi is right about that being a global thing. But carry on, if assuming that every problem is copyrighted by Nigeria makes you sleep, keep assuming. Just don’t come and be making it look like all Nigerians are not wise like you.

• Vidavi

May 5, 2017 at 4:29 am

You, you just had to speak sha!!! I am Nigerian, and made a statement about my country. I’m not now going to go and say the whole world lowun lowun, when I can’t speak to that. Nothing ignorant about my statement, you too run along.

7. Engoz

May 3, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Please live in your truth. If you want to share your precious moments, please share. Some people are expressive, some are not. I don’t believe being private is trendy. It’s something that comes naturally to some people based on their personalities. Our personalities differ, let people exist in their space without crucifixion. God knows why he created us the way we are.

8. o

May 3, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I agree with her, but she’s fast becoming a female Freeze. She has and shares an opinion about everything.

• June

May 3, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Thank you!!! I thought I was the only one who noticed the female freeze thing. ?

9. Anon

May 3, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Lovely outfit.

10. Onye

May 3, 2017 at 9:53 pm

I’m a private person but I must say as soon as I got engaged, the whole world saw the pics lol! I don’t know what happened. Maybe it was excitement…. call it what it is but now I’m private though!

11. Sean

May 3, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Wetin go break go break, wetin go stand, go stand!

In my own opinion, it’s not about keeping marriage private or open. Any marriage or relationship with a bad foundation will definitely collapse, except if properly fixed and managed. The most important factor is the genuine love and maturity of the couple. Yes, there’s a limit to what you feed the public about your marriage.

Both private and open relationships has its advantage and disadvantages

• yolo

May 4, 2017 at 5:33 am

Preach ?.

• b

May 4, 2017 at 10:19 am

You this Mr. Sean, warn yourself o. this one that everybody has been noticing your fine face since yesterday I hope na your real face o.

• Sean

May 4, 2017 at 10:42 am

lol…..maybe i should change my picture jeje. The face is not as clean in real life

• Zee

May 4, 2017 at 10:46 am

Sean you’re cute!??

• jane

May 4, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Mr Sean you are looking good o! 😉 and you are making much sense abeg

• Brenda

May 4, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Hi Sean are you single?

• Jasmine

May 4, 2017 at 10:48 pm

You are cute o. Can we be friends?

• Vidavi

May 5, 2017 at 4:31 am

Smart guy!

12. Starry_Eyes

May 4, 2017 at 12:00 am

Sean be serving cute face for dayzzz 😉

• Sean

May 4, 2017 at 10:42 am

#Vanity…….lol

• mz_danielz

May 4, 2017 at 11:03 am

You responded to her abi but when I said ‘bobo Sean yi ma hanz gaan’ in one of Bella’s previous posts, you didn’t respond abi. Issokay, be picking tushness over authentic Nigerianness. Tushness cannot cook jollof oh.

• Sean

May 4, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Lmao…………oya no vex @mz_danielz

• Fisayo

May 4, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Sean, you’re a breath of fresh air around here.

We’ve had some recent male BN housemates and they’re erm….special…

#WelcomeSean
      #BringBackIdakAndIykeToo

13. Fashy me

May 4, 2017 at 7:06 am

The question is have they succeeded in keeping it a secret… With banky telling us how he met and toasted his susu… They would now knows and r watching with hawk eyes….. Did agbani keep her relationship and marriage a secret, yes she did

• Trina

May 4, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Maybe because Agbani’s boo is on his 3rd marriage and they both could do without the drama of the exes?

14. Annon

May 4, 2017 at 8:08 am

Things to keep private: love life, income & next move! Don’t give people the privilege of knowing everything about your relationship. My dear, I’ve realized after so many years that a private life is a happy life! People ruin beautiful things. You don’t need to convince anyone that you’re happy. Nothing good ever comes from too many people knowing your business.

15. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 4, 2017 at 9:05 am

Mrs Betty Irabor, I don’t think Nigerian celebrities want to stop sharing their private lives on Social Media.

If they wanted to, they would have stopped sharing a long time ago.

They are adults, they know what they are doing.

Mrs Betty Irabor, you give good advice, but not everybody will listen to and consider your good advice.

16. Asa

May 4, 2017 at 9:44 am

When I loved, my heart practically burst with the overflowing happiness and I didn’t care who was watching. I sang it from the rooftops. I let people see my love too, my commitment to him too. I was happy and I couldn’t hold it in.

Well… the relationship has failed now. I guess if it had been secret since, no one would have seen me bleed. But they saw my joy when it was high and now even though I am not crying on social media, my silence is evidence that I am bleeding.

What I am saying is, there is no perfect way to love. We love the way we are made to love not the way society thinks we should love. I may scream my next love from rooftops or I may keep it inside me. Whichever one I do, is not a function of what anybody thinks i should do, it will be a function of how I feel. I might scream it, if I feel like I “have been given a second chance at love” (apologies to Adele) or I might keep it inside if I feel like savoring it and letting no one know that I am in a relationship for the second time.

• Zinny

May 4, 2017 at 10:16 am

Funny how I’m going through the same thing, I didn’t exactly shout, but I wasn’t quiet either. I wish I didn’t have to bleed in private though. But I guess these things happen.

• Asa

May 4, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Hugs from me to you sister. Our true and lasting loves will come and we won’t be quiet of we don’t want to be.

17. Kay

May 4, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Everyone should do whatever makes them happy.. Balance is key tho!

18. Abz

May 4, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Lol! Sean’s got most of the ladies going crazy om here. Did someone just drop someone one hot gist. Agbani is married? Totally missed that. I wish them both the best b

19. Ghanaian who support my fellow Cameronian

May 6, 2017 at 1:24 am

Vivaldi you are bush illiterate and with no manners. how uncouth for your likes to always come back with telling foreign visitors to this blog they should stay in their lain. Every time a non Nigeria chimes in on a discussion when idiots like you can’t argue or debate sensibly then your best come back is “you are not Nigerian and you are not invited so shut up and get out. And you bellanaija.com allow such comments. You are not better than any other African as much as most of you all high mighty may think and look down on other Africans. Let’s not start laying down your global reputation so please come off your high horse. Bring that conceited attitude down ten notches okay, it’s not that deep

Because of this in 2018 I a Ghanaian will start a lifestyle blog where all my fellow Africans are welcome to comment without being made to feel like an outsider. Bet.