News

90-year Old Virgin who Groomed over 50 Children to be Immortalised by Akwa Ibom Community

BellaNaija.com

Photo Credit: PUNCH

Indigenes of Ikot Udobia village in the Etinan Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State are planning to set up a foundation to immortalise a 90-year old virgin, Agnes Udofia, who had dedicated her life to taking care of the children of other people.

PUNCH reports that more than 50 persons gathered around her on Monday to celebrate the nonagenarian.

One businessman, Fabian Udoh, who was also trained by Udofia stated that ever since he was a kid, he never saw her with any man.

“She has touched the lives of over 50 children. I have always known her not to have any relationship with any man. We are proposing a foundation to immortalise her. We all came home today to celebrate her now that she is alive. It will make no meaning celebrating her after death. She gave most of us life and we must celebrate her when she is alive,” he said.

Speaking to PUNCH, Udofia said: “I was born partially blind and so, no man saw anything good in me. So, I grew up without a man. I have never slept with any man as far as my memory can carry me, not even in my dream.”

“I live my life the way you see me. No feeling for a man. I don’t see it as abnormal,” she said, adding that she didn’t hate men.

She said that parents frequently drop their children at her place when they are leaving for their daily activities and she “would take care of them until they returned to take their children. I feed them and keep them happy as long as they stay with me.”

St. Pius Catholic Church, Ikot Udobia, also organised another thanksgiving programme for her.

1. A Real Nigerian

June 6, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Wtf is there a need to add “virgin”? What is wrong with “90-year-old woman”?
    Jesus. Piss off with this bulls&#% title.

• Eni

June 6, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Hahahahahahahaha. Nigerians!!!!!

• Darius

June 6, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Because virgins are a rarity in Nigeria.

2. Alphasoar

June 6, 2017 at 1:07 pm

This is serious.

3. Eka

June 6, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Not sure the word “groomed” is the most appropriate term to use these days especially in relation to a wonderful gesture of training and bringing up children that were not her biological children. “Groomed” is now used as negative connotation for exploitation of children. All the same really great for Bella Naija to join in celebrating a wonderful woman

4. Abi

June 6, 2017 at 1:31 pm

So what exactly was immortalized? Her virginity? She explained to you that she is was not a virgin by choice. Yet your preoccupation with sex won’t let your pen be steady. You people sef! I can’t help you. Find real news my friend.

5. marlee

June 6, 2017 at 1:40 pm

those who think that a woman need a man or a man need a woman need to think again. it just by choice, no force. so if you see a person happy just the way they are don’t ask or make silly suggestion. to each their own.

6. ME

June 6, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Her virginity did not take care of the children, it is her dedication of selflessness that did – BN writing sensational stories for clicks.

7. Frida

June 6, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Sensational headline! She was honored for her commitment to caring for children in the community and not because she’s a virgin.

8. mini

June 7, 2017 at 8:20 am

she lived 90 years… because she was free from stressful men! Ladies these men are nothing but stress.