News

Evans Discloses Locations of Three Detention Camps in Lagos

BellaNaija.com

Photo Credit: Punch

Chukwudi Onwuamadike, aka Evans, on Sunday disclosed to the police three detention camps in Lagos where he held his victims.

Two of the detention camps, according to Punch, located in Jakande Estate, Ejigbo, and the New Igando, were visited by the police, while the third, reportedly located in Gowon Estate, Egbeda, could not be visited.

Evans reportedly claimed he paid N750,000 per annum for the Jakande Estate flat, and N1m for the New Igando apartment.

“I have just three camps in Lagos where I kept some of the victims I kidnapped. One of them is this house on Jakande Estate; the others are in the New Igando and on Gowon Estate. I paid N750,000 per annum for this flat (Jakande) then. I don’t come to the camps, I have my boys on the ground and they give me information on a daily basis. Whenever the pressure from the police is much, I usually move my victims to another camp,” he said.

Photo Credit: Punch

1. Lolu

June 19, 2017 at 2:35 pm

#killevans

• iyke

June 19, 2017 at 5:41 pm

I am not in support of what Evans did but why should we kill him when he didn’t kill anybody?Even if he did, he is still innocent until proven guilty. Let him have his day in court…
      He deserves a fair hearing.With a very good lawyer, He would be able to argue his case in a civilized manner. Evans is not guilty until proven by a competent court of law. (Yes I’m feeling for him already despite what he did)….
      Look at our stupid and incompetent police men acting all RAMBO and feeling like they have achieved an impossible task – More than 15 high profile folks were kidnapped by Evans and team from 2013 – 2017, .big ransoms paid, yet Nigeria Police force was helpless, inefficient and could not rescue one single victim. Had the pharmacist not escaped and reported to police, Evans perhaps wouldn’t have been found today.
      Rubbish Police Force!!! And they let Saraki and his thieving partners off the hook.
      Keep parading him ….Soon public opinion will shift in his favor.
      Biko enough of this media trial and get him his lawyer!

• Mama

June 19, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Let us even assume for the sake of argument that you’re right, he didn’t kill anyone, to me killing a person’s spirit is as good as killing the body. How do you lock up someone for months with no access to the outside world, little to eat or drink and barely anyone to talk to? Do you realize that some of his victims (especially given their age) may have had medical conditions for which they constantly require drugs and medical attention, or had food restrictions and stuff like that. Even if he didn’t kill , all that he put them through is attempted murder, in my opinion. Besides, the police escorts that they murder in the process of getting their victims, shey those ones are not human beings abi? The man has confessed himself, I don’t think there’s any need to waste taxpayers money in this case.

But I agree with you that the police are over flogging the issue. Posing up and down. As they are distracted, crime continues unabated. They need to stay focused.

• Mr D

June 19, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Who told you he didn’t kill anyone?

2. mulikat

June 19, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Lolu, you said it, death for Evans, and close this matter, othe kidnapper will know, naija Govt no be joke with Kidnappers.

• iyke

June 19, 2017 at 5:43 pm

@mulika,
      naija Govt no be joke with Kidnappers. but JOKE with corruption,political assassination,ethnic distabilization et al.
      #getEVANSaLawyer

3. Jwezee

June 19, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Must be kidding me, and land Lords collected money, 2) no neighbours in that area…was he the only one renting a flat in that building..this country

4. Clara

June 19, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Na wa ooo. And I live in Jakande estate. Please release the exact address.

• IFE

June 20, 2017 at 10:44 am

GREEN STREET, BUNGALOW

5. get your eye test done today

June 19, 2017 at 7:35 pm

This evil cretin: Kidnapped people causing untold misery to families and terrorising us as a nation, he has confessed already , we need justice for his victims.

6. Adamazi

June 19, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Where is his lawyer?

• Stephen Ron Wells

June 19, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Why

7. Mr D

June 19, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Who said he didn’t kill anyone?

8. Mavi

June 19, 2017 at 11:12 pm

He didn’t kill anyone? OK, let’s put the immediate victims to one side; how about the suffering and agony he caused to the spouses, children and other family members? How about the strife, discord, confusion and suspicion he must have caused within the victims’ families as they point fingers and accuse each other of the deed? How easy do you think it was to beg and borrow MILLIONS to pay the ransom, all the while praying that the victim would not be killed while you were looking for the money?
    He didn’t kill anyone? For those who were released, how easy do you think it was to put the pieces of their lives together again – in their middle age and now having to repay the millions raised for their ransom? Some like the pharmacist had even lost most of their businesses. What about the psychological trauma to all involved? This man is evil incarnate and deserves no mercy imho.

9. dhoney