News

Why my Ex Wife Left – Emeka Ike

BellaNaija.com

Why my Ex Wife Left - Emeka Ike

Emeka Ike and ex-wife Suzanne

Nollywood Actor Emeka Ike has disclosed that there have been two unsuccessful attempts to kill him from which he has escaped unhurt. The Actor went on to say that the threat to his life accounts for one of the reasons why his ex-wife Suzanne opted for a divorce.

Speaking to PUNCH’s Sunday Scoop, the actor said:

This matter with my ex-wife is not an important issue. There are more important things I’m concerned with right now and I wouldn’t want to lose focus. A time is coming when I would set the records straight about what really transpired between us. There have been two attempts to kill me and both times, I escaped unscathed.

That’s part of the reason my wife left; she is running for her life. I know that some people are blackmailing her and it is the same set of people that leaked the news of our divorce to the media. Even before I got to court with my lawyer on the day judgment was delivered, the news was already on the Internet that my marriage had been dissolved. But the good thing is that I know the people behind this and I will talk at the right time.

If it is true that I’m violent, why did the jury which comprised women grant me custody of our four young children? That should tell you something is not right.

Emeka Ike undeterred by the attempts on his life and divorce saga, went on to speak on the improvements under his watch as the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) president.

“Now, if you want to make a movie in Nigeria, you can go to any police station; apply properly and they would give you all the police hardware you need. You can use the commissioner’s office, the trucks and other facilities. This would definitely add more colour to our productions,” he said.

1. Andrew

June 18, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Maybe there is something he ain’t telling us,Could it be linked to criminal activity?

• Jade

June 18, 2017 at 11:14 pm

He’s doing more talking. She left bcos she was tired of being a punching bag and dealing with your rough hard face(it must be hard to wake up to that every morning). Case closed

• Ottawa Queen

June 19, 2017 at 2:47 am

Ur ex-wife is not an important issue, yet you are creating a time when you will come back to tell us about what’s not an important issue to you abi? You see ur complicated life?? Pls can they stop giving this retard an audience?! He should just shut it and move on like the wife had. Personally, I’m not looking forward to the time when he comes back to spill crap.

2. Ada

June 18, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Are we still on this guy’s issue? He said the dissolution of the marriage is not important so why the defense that she left because of threat to life? If attempts have been made on his life, he should check himself as there is no smoke without a fire. Having custody of the kids is one thing, providing for them and creating a loving environment for them is another thing.

3. Onyinyechukwu

June 18, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Emeka, onye isi mpiaka, Biko akogherizina… ?
    Can we move on already?..

• Californiabawlar

June 18, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Yayyyy! I know the meaning of isi mpiaka! ????
      Hehehe ?

• Puzzles

June 19, 2017 at 7:04 am

Haba, intepret naw. Not fair

4. LILO

June 18, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Notice how he is doing more talking than the woman…hahaha

5. AdaBekee

June 18, 2017 at 9:40 pm

This is one of those times that Igbo is so sweet. Onyinye your comment got me in giggles.

6. Bee

June 18, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Hmm na wa ooh..

7. L

June 18, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Hmmm this man’s ekwurekwu is just too much. What did you do that made your wife allegedly threaten your life?? I only hope the kids are not hearing it in your custody. God be with the family

• Mamasita

June 23, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Pls go back and read again. She did not threaten his life, some other people are. Back to the matter, emeka you are lying. You were beating that woman…anyway some us us knownthe truth so feel free to tell your version to the audience lol

8. Victor Adegoke

June 19, 2017 at 6:12 am

I really feel for Emeka Ike at this time.

9. Bola Oba

June 19, 2017 at 8:15 am

What is wrong with this chap? I even thought he had a new film out and he was notifying us! What is he up too these days?

10. Symbee

June 19, 2017 at 8:50 am

As much as I agree that Emeka is doing too much talking and seems to be the villain, statements such as ‘what did you do to warrant a threat on your life’ are very wrong. If twas a woman doing the narrative, we won’t be asking these questions.

11. bee

June 19, 2017 at 10:44 am

for me media should just leave the guy alone! why did they ask him.
    i am a divorced woman and i know what transpires in marriages that end in divorce sometimes is not easily captured in words.

for all you care he may not have figured it out correctly yet. when i was first divorced i would make a lot of explanations on what he did, what i did but today i have figured it out as it was just a bad choice from start.

we were great as boyfriend girlfriend and nothing more!!!!!!! we should have left it there but we did not. so everything that happened in the marriage which are so many and dramatic by the way were only a result of that one thing- bad choice.

…..and ladies don’t always go unnecessary sentimental on the guys when a marriage goes wrong, if you ask the woman she may actually tell you she was the wrong one!!!

for instance my hubby really treated me badly then right but it was because the moment i got into the marriage i saw it was wrong and i changed myself so he naturally reacted to the change. unfortunately we were both immature so it all boomeranged.

today i dont blame him i blame myself coz i coul have done better in my chioce

12. Omono

June 19, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Emeka Ike, why are you such a pant? There’s barely a moment of press publicity that you don’t talk about your wife. Please face ya front. It must have been such a chore to be married to this kind of man. Burden of kelebe.

13. Moyo

June 19, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Which jury is he talking about, was the divorce not in Nigeria. we don’t operate a jury system here. Lol

14. Aibee

June 19, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Lol! This man thinks everyone is stupid! They divorced in customary court and under Igbo customary law, the father gets custody of the children in the event of a divorce. It is not about who is competent, capable or even has time to cater for the children. The “best interest of the child” is a western principle which is yet to be adopted into our customary child custody laws.

It didn’t mattter that the panel was composed of only women, as long as the dissolution of the marriage is under customary law, the man gets custody. The saying is “the father owns the child”.

If the divorce was under the Marriage Act, in a High Court, the result may have been different.

15. prisca

June 19, 2017 at 4:13 pm

well he knows better, but should not bring this kind of issue here, and better check you life very well