Music

First Look: Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy and Louisa Ansong’s Wedding

BellaNaija.com

BET Award-winning dancehall act Stonebwoy, tied the knot yesterday with his fiance, Dr Louisa Ansong, at an undisclosed location in Ghana.

Dr Ansong graduated as a Dentist in 2016 from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. She was the overall best student in the department, bagging 6 out of the 9 awards up for grabs.

Congrats to the couple!

See more photos below

Watch

@stonebwoyb’s performed at his wedding with @beccafrica which took place in Ghana yesterday via @pulseghana

A post shared by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

Photo Credit: Ghlinks

1. TheTruth

June 17, 2017 at 3:35 pm

I still don’t understand why Ghanaians are wearing gele. Confused much

• Le coco

June 17, 2017 at 3:51 pm

stupid statement.. then why do we wear white wedding gowns…. stop hating nd let people wear what they want

• Author Unknown

June 17, 2017 at 4:15 pm

Yoruba cultures and Ghanaian (along with certain other West Africans) have a shared history. We don’t have a monopoly over gele.

• Bose

June 17, 2017 at 4:26 pm

Did you leave your brain in the fridge before typing this???? I dislike people like.you that cant be quiet when they have nothing to say.

• Mama

June 17, 2017 at 4:28 pm

@Author unknown: They are allowed to wear if tgey fancy it, but please ehn, don’t come and twist ‘history’ here. When was gele ever part of Ghanaian history?

• Author Unknown

June 17, 2017 at 4:35 pm

@Mama. My point is that the cultural characteristics in our region of West Africa overlap. I don’t know that certain Ghanaian ethnic groups don’t have the gele as part of their culture, especially since some of those groups migrated ages ago from what is now Western Nigeria. Why do we serve jollof rice at our parties? Is it ours?

• Mama

June 17, 2017 at 4:44 pm

We are talking gele not jollof. You purposely put out an erroneous info. I am all about giving credit where it is due. Ghanaians do not traditional wear gele, that one I know. If they did, we would know without question. It would reflect even their movies and musical videos (like kente) same way it does our.

• Le coco

June 17, 2017 at 4:51 pm

@MAMA neither do hausa muslims.. they are traditionally supposed to be dressed as muslims with hijab and so on.. yet they where gele, aso oke, and even white wedding gowns..

• Jade

June 17, 2017 at 11:31 pm

@Author unknown.
      Yoruba culture has a huge influence in West Africa. I think it’s the Ga Adangbe people who have direct history with Yorubas. Same for Togo, some have Yoruba names, some similar words in their language with Yoruba language.
      Nigerians fight over unnecessary things. Fight for the lack of stable electricity in a country that claims to be the best.
      History is beautiful, not one thing belongs solely to one group bcos it’s been mixed and we adopt/adapt along the way.
      The gele looks beautiful on them.
      It’s the same with the similarities with Benin/Edo and Yoruba and owo people(they wear the same crown of beads).

• Temi

June 18, 2017 at 5:05 am

You are very ignorant. How about if i saiy: Why We NIGERIANS AND GHANAIANS ARE COOKING JOLLOF RICE AND CALLING IT JOLLOF RICE WHEN IT COMES FROM SENEGAL. EVEN THE NAME IS SENEGALESE NAME. YOU ARE VERY LIMITED. GO CLEAN YOUR TOTO

2. cocozee

June 17, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Congrats BHIM nation!!! God bless your marriage ..i love the balance-Dr and dancehall artist…cool

3. Bose

June 17, 2017 at 4:45 pm

@The truth..

4. cocozee

June 17, 2017 at 5:01 pm

The Gas of the greater Accra region of Ghana originated from ile ife. Most act like.Yoruba’s and even have major landmarks named after places in the Yoruba land. Pls use Google @MAMA

5. Ama

June 17, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Ghana like Nigeria has many cultures.
    Ga’s are descendants of Yoruba people, and many of Ghanaian Northern tribes have shared histories with Nigeria’s. Not everyone in Ghana is Asante/Akan (Kente-wearing).
    I hate it when some Nigerians act like they are the only ones that have copyright to things that can be found all over West Africa. West Africa’s nations have more in common than some of you think.

• Mama

June 17, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Ghanaians do not traditionally tie gele, as is seen in the picture above. Do they tie head scarf? Yes! Is it gele? No! Like i said before, they are free to do whatever to like but make una dey talk true na.

6. ceejay

June 17, 2017 at 5:12 pm

All i know is Nigerians know how to swag and pull off things up…we are glamorously beautiful.

• person

June 17, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Nigerians are more flamboyant. Doesn’t make them more beautiful. Borrow brain abeg. Btw I’m half Nigerian.

7. cocozee

June 17, 2017 at 5:12 pm

I forgot to add that Ghana does not have Hausa as a tribe, but there are millions of 3-4th generation Hausa’s living in Ghana. When you encounter one, they tell you”I am from kano but my great grand father settled in Ghana and my grand parents and parents were born here.
    Its also common with the Yoruba’s. Go to Makola market(largest market in Ghana) you will hear Yoruba spoken alongside Ha and Twi. My Ankara customer Albama is from Ogbomoso…she doesn’t even know seme border! Her great grandparents were born here. She says she is Ghanaian but she is 100% naija! She ties gele and buba and iro….
    Bottom line.. Most Ghanaians have Nigerian blood or influence especially those around the coast.
    @MAMA you owe me a bottle of coke for this epistle.one love

• Mama

June 17, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Hahaha…no coke for you until I blow. I still maintain my position but i’ll let it rest for now 🙂

8. cocozee

June 17, 2017 at 5:15 pm

3rd*
    Hausas*
    Gas*
    Typos wahala. Who send me sef? Lol

9. unadite

June 17, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Why is no one talking about her outstanding performance in school?

• Mrs chidukane

June 17, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Hahahahahahahaha! She now married a musician. Hope the disparity in brain power doesn’t come to bore her in the future.

• Ec

June 17, 2017 at 8:21 pm

What is our business with her outstanding performance in school. Did she show you her results?

10. The Real Oma

June 17, 2017 at 6:14 pm

The bride is stunning

11. Janine

June 17, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Becca, the body! HML to the couple!

12. Me

June 17, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Lol! Yorubas are steadily colonising West Africa. Asoebi, Gele, all Yoruba! Give credit where it’s due and stop hating. What is wrong with admitting that people copy Yoruba culture? Abeg get rid of the chip on your shoulder.

13. I Just Waka Come

June 17, 2017 at 8:16 pm

@Mrs Chidukane ‘disparity in brain power’??
    Seriously?

In other words you think musicians (singers) are stupid? Less ‘brainy’ than their counterparts in other professions?

It would be unfair of me to school you on how many artistes, local and intentional have first and second degrees and how common sense can’t be paid for or graduated from.

Your comment alone is enough to display the weight (or perhaps absence of) your own brain power.

14. Afribankonline

June 17, 2017 at 8:32 pm

The bride is real definition of black is beautiful,HML to the.

15. Kk

June 17, 2017 at 8:54 pm

@miss chidukane Stonebwuoy has a degree in marketing from the University for Professional Studies (UPSA).

16. Ajiun

June 17, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Ignorance is a disease. The Yoruba populace is in the entire West Africa! From Rep of Benin to Ghana and etc. We were separated by colonisation and slavery. Read more and learn more guys. We are also in South America and North America. We have major cultural influence places we are. And yes they tie gele, iro and wear buba there. Stop all these nonsense.

Even if they are not Yoruba, there is nothing wrong with them being influenced by our culture. We are all influenced by different people and culture.

P.S. being flamboyant isn’t a bad thing. Some do it with finesse and style while some make it look gaudy. But it is an identity. And we Nigerians are proud of it. We are lovers of vibrant colours and life, it reflects in our culture. Each to his/her own.

17. Kii

June 18, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Singing “This love no be by force, if you no like make you divorce” at a wedding reception?

18. Mrs chidukane

June 18, 2017 at 5:19 pm

I know what I’m saying my dear. Your silly insult doesn’t mean a thing to me.

19. I Just Waka Come

June 18, 2017 at 6:25 pm

I don’t think you do @ Chidukane, but you’re neither my monkey nor my circus. *Kanye shrug

Did you read KK’s comment? It’s written in English Language.

See that glorious halo over your head?
    Ma, it’s called ignorance