News

London Bridge Attackers Named

BellaNaija.com

LONDON, ENGLAND – JUNE 05: Floral tributes and a missing persons sign lay on London Bridge following the June 3rd terror attack on June 5, 2017 in London, England. Seven people were killed and at least 48 injured in terror attacks on London Bridge and Borough Market on June 3rd. Three attackers were shot dead by armed police. (Photo by Jack Taylor/Getty Images)

British police on Monday has named two of the three terrorists who carried out the London Bridge attack as Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane.

Butt, 27, who was born in Pakistan, lived in east London with his wife and children for years.

He was even once featured in a BBC documentary about Islamist extremists.

“However, there was no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned and the investigation had been prioritised accordingly,” police said in a statement.

The other attacker Rachid Redouane, 30, was known to police but with no intelligence suggesting an attack. He also went by the name Rachid Elkhdar with a different date of birth.

Khuram Shazad Butt (L) and Rachid Redouane

Police say more than 500 investigations, involving over 3,000 suspects are ongoing and resources are overstretched.

“Additionally, there are around 20,000 individuals who are former subjects of interest, whose risk remains subject to review by MI5 and its partners. The security and intelligence services and police have stopped 18 plots since 2013, including five since the Westminster attack two months ago. We would urge the public to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to the police by calling us in confidence on 0800 789321 or in an emergency calling 999,” police say.

The three attackers were shot dead by police on Saturday in the London Bridge attack when they killed seven people and injured 48.

The identity of the third attacker is yet to be ascertained.

All the suspects arrested in connection with the terrorist act have been released without charge.

1. Osa

June 6, 2017 at 3:17 am

After, someone will say all these terrorists are not muslims or that islam is a religion of peace.pits never a christian behind terrorism. Always muslims

• Aishat

June 6, 2017 at 8:09 am

Hello osa, well i understand you and feel your pain but let me explain something’s to you. Islam Is a religion of peace. Infact most of the things Islam preaches is peace. I believe those people who commit terrosim and say they are Muslims actually aren’t one. Islam preaches us to love one another and not to kill one another. I hope this lightens up your mood and thoughts about Muslims. Thank you

• Oluore

June 6, 2017 at 8:18 am

@osa Islam is a religion of peace. Islam preach love to humanity. Islam condemn destroying of life and property.
      However those people killing and destroying, and commiting suicidal attack, genocide, or homicide are not practising Islam and are not Muslim’s.
      They may bear Islamic name, and wear Islamic clothe. You may see them to be a Muslim but they are not Muslim.
      Islam teaches us modesty, love and being, we should not be an hypocrite, we should not kill, neither destroy live nor property. It also against kidnapping and adulterous act, stealing backbiting and malicious act.

Muslim’s are not terrorist. Muslim’s are not terrorist, Muslims are not terrorist.

• Icey

June 6, 2017 at 8:36 am

I think you are getting it all wrong. Stop addressing extremism on the borders of religion, true and undiluted religion never hurt anybody. Terrorism is simply man’s inhumanity towards man and only love can conquer that. So please let’s preach love as against inciting religions against one another.

• Diamond

June 6, 2017 at 8:39 am

Don’t mind the people denying what we all is truth.
      If Trump say stay in your country, you see them protesting upandan. But they will never protest the mindless killings perpetrated by their kin. And you know why? Because they are sympathetic to these murderers!

• Itsjusme

June 6, 2017 at 8:43 am

Osa you have displayed your ignorance along with the 45 people who liked your comment. The KKK are Protestants(CHRISTIANS) who used terrorism to commit physical assault and murder to groups they opposed. just to add the use of the word ‘terrorism’ in modern day, was first used towards Protestants and Catholics in the war of Ireland in the late 60’s. Assuming you and the 45 people are Nigerian I should call you “frauds” and not hardworking people based on what the media and the society has depicted but to exercise Microaggression is very wrong just because that’s what I have seen and heard repeatedly doesn’t mean that is how a WHOLE particular group is.

• Oyinbo

June 6, 2017 at 9:13 am

Aishat your religion is a region of violence. That has been seen empirically.
      Your religion admonishes killing, even your president Buhari said :dogs and baboon will soak in BLOOD”
      Your religion kills for Allah they said and they are promised incentives for killing non believers.
      Your religion is actually the worst. I would rather a Hindu. Always Saeed, Faruk, Kalid.

• Diamond

June 6, 2017 at 9:50 am

@ Oluore, Aisha, Icey. YOU ALL LIE!

There are too many verses in the Qur’an that encourages violence against non-believers. As a matter of fact Allah will send to hell, Muslims who don’t partake in the war against infidels.

You people should stop trying too hard on this your weak rehearsed religion defense anytime questions are asked about Islam on this subject. And focus on preaching this peace to your fellow faithfuls. It is your responsibility because they won’t pay attention to the ‘unbelievers’.

Stop distributing us, and take care of yours. And if you don’t want to talk to your fellow Muslims, leave us to complain of what your religion is doing to the world in peace, and seek solution by asking them to stay in their countries and keep their violence to themselves!

• Diamond

June 6, 2017 at 10:07 am

I meant stop DISTURBING us*

• Darius

June 6, 2017 at 10:12 am

Every muslim is a terrorist, or a potential terrorist, or a terrorist sympathizer.

• Osa

June 6, 2017 at 11:59 am

Story for the gods.
      Even in my day to day association with them, I find them the most unforgiving and segregated set of humans. Always coming on too strong and on the verge of violence one you disagree with them on issues.
      I’m sure their so called holy book still has written in it “kill infidels”. Why would anyone attribute any other meaning to that statement? Terrorists are muslims abeg.
      We christians interprete the bible differently. Some see wearing of jewellry as a sin. Do we then say becAUSe they have so interpreted the bible verse on that in that way, they are not christians? Or we who interprete it differently are not christians?
      Dey decieve una self go infidel killers.

• Tami

June 6, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Wow…just read all your comments. I pray for enlightenment for you….you are so angry and hurtful. God bless you

• Atinuke

June 6, 2017 at 9:14 pm

You sound very very pious and Christian. Christ would be proud of you using popular media to sow your seeds of hate just as he taught you to. Maybe u could join up with the kkk and sweep away”” mooselamb “”religion once and for all. Oh I just remember that The KKK Christian organisation don’t enroll niggers, that’s because their bible told them you are inferior to them. They will be happy to put you on the end of a noose and make their trees look pwetty just like they did back in the day when segregation was a religion preached. According to your myopic view They were not terrorist then neither are they now.

2. combust

June 6, 2017 at 7:12 am

Enemies within #sad

3. Peace

June 6, 2017 at 9:30 am

@Diamond, God bless you for your comment. e make sense well well.

• Diamond

June 6, 2017 at 10:14 am

God bless you too. Enough with these pretentious liars. Lying as if though the Qur’an is hidden in a vault, and inaccessible.

4. Maxie

June 6, 2017 at 9:49 am

If islam is a religion of peace, p;ease you people should prove us wrong for once and stop killing innocent people and be shouting ”Allah Kubar”.. please am begging we need peace.

Shout out to the good people out there,.

5. Darius

June 6, 2017 at 10:26 am

@Diamond, God bless you! They claim their religion is peaceful, whilst they go about killing innocent people in the name of their god.

What I find even more annoying is the fact that they don’t want people to complain about their evil acts. When you complain, they call you a hater. It’s not as if we want to fight back. We just want the freedom to complain when people are unjustly killed. Can’t we complain again?

• Marches

June 7, 2017 at 1:05 am

God bless you for spreading hate LOL in which Gods name? Just asking.

6. word

June 6, 2017 at 11:18 am

awon beardgang guys, dont complicate your trip by flying into jand and yankee via those arab airlines biko. cos na side-eye custom go dey take look u

7. Bad gang

June 6, 2017 at 11:26 am

Anywhere there is backwardness look closely islam is the dominant religion…by backwardness I don’t necessarily mean infrastructure but policy and social behaviour…. the painful thing about this their killing and destroying is their leaders never openly condemn it and make significant efforts to root out the extremist teaching in their bloody book (qu’ran) I have never seen an imam on t.v or in protest condemning the teaching and pushing for cancellation of the parts of their stupid book that encourages war and destruction…aishat and co keep fooling yourselves about how peaceful you are

• Irin

June 6, 2017 at 8:00 pm

You too much.On point

8. Bad gang

June 6, 2017 at 11:37 am

I remember when I was in nysc orientation camp, two bunkies fought (girls) one christian and one muslim….what caused the fight? The christian forgot her rhapsody of realities on the muslim girls bed (down bunk) after reading it…the muslim girl noticed it, picked it up and flung it with so much hatred…next thing a shouting bout and things got so heated and it descended to fisty cuffs…I was so happy when I heard the christian girl won (with help sha lol)
    Bottom line, there is nothing peaceful about islam…I remember the rccg woman that was murdered in cold blood (God bless her soul) in the name of this allah fella …iranu

• Osa

June 6, 2017 at 12:06 pm

In fact i steer clear of them. I Don’t associate with them much. Even in day to day dealings cheating an infidel is ok.

9. bijou

June 6, 2017 at 11:41 am

i am sure you have Muslims around you, as neighbors, colleagues, classmates, maybe friends…all around your community. lets think about it, if Muslims truly go around killing people like you claim do you think you would still be breathing? did you know that of all these attacks Muslims are the most affected? why do i always have to be responsible for the actions of some idiots just because they claim to be same faith as mine? why do i have to answer to their misdeeds or better still make a case for them??? if i choose to practice my religion the way God told me to why should i be responsible for Mr A who chose extremism. its like saying all Nigerians are internet fraudsters just because less than 1% of the population are actually and truly fraudsters. Real Muslims at this period are observing the fast, being chaste, giving and prayerful and not going around killing others.

• Osa

June 6, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Why do christians never kill in the name of Jesus? Think think think about your so called faith. Islam teaches violence. Simples. I pray for a segregated society. Let them stay in their myopic corners znd lets stay elsewhere from them! They are a really exassperating lot!

• Bad gang

June 6, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Osa leave bijou to his/her ignorance … they come to your country to dictate how they want to dress in govermental settings, what should be taught in your curriculum, how your justice/judicial processes should play etc the ones that are my colleagues, neighbours know me…my family has licensed firearms (which I in particular carry about) not here in naija though (I miss america) and I have training on how to use them plus I’m openly vocal about defending myself from stupid islam extremists…if you disturb me or I sense threat, I aim for heart! I’d rather die in self-defense than die bullied, intimidated and suppressed… retards!!! Here in naija I just pray to God everyday I don’t ever cross their paths because they are vindictive and wicked

• Diamond

June 6, 2017 at 12:50 pm

If Muslims don’t go about killing others, why is there always this feeling of fear when in the midst of them? You are so careful not to offend or provoke them. Why are they extremely hostile to others?
      Why would a journalist who said the prophet Mohammed would have married one of Miss World 2002 contestants become a fugitive, and fatwa declared on her. Would the case be the same if it was Jesus mentioned?
      Why should the woman in kano telling a man not to perform ablution in front my shop be deserving death. Can a Christian pray or perform religious rites in the front of his shop?
      Why should the morning cry of the Abuja Christian mother call for her death? I can go on and on.
      And you still throwing tantrums, your religion is that of peace? It’s high time you owned your violence, and stop disturbing us!

• OMOBA

June 6, 2017 at 3:03 pm

ISLAM IS A VERY VERY BAD RELIGION

• Ariana

June 6, 2017 at 5:25 pm

The Muslims that are killing people are all someone’s neighbor, colleague, classmate, friends, husband, brother and what not! So sorry that line of reasoning is not cutting it. Your community never reports suspicious activity when they notice it and that’s the biggest problem we bystanders all over the world have with those of you who claim to be innocent

10. Lols

June 6, 2017 at 12:37 pm

I’m glad the U.K. Is addressing this in a manner that doesn’t put true and decent muslims in harms way like it’s it’s supported in the US, But I do agree that muslims do not criticize these pple! Don’t just say he’s not a true Muslim or Islam is a religion of peace “duh” report them, condemn them if not you cannot blame anyone that associates your religion to terrorism

11. Lacey

June 6, 2017 at 12:42 pm

The only way you is for the British to close down all the mosques in London!!! Starting with one in white chapel !!! Put any one from Pakistan under surveillance!!! That was why I totally supported Trump’s travel ban!!! The British are just too weak!!! If I cannot go and build a Church in Saudi Arabia ??!!! Then they too should not allow Islam to thrive anymore in the U.K., by smoking them out.

• Osa

June 6, 2017 at 1:14 pm

I supported Trump’s travel ban too. Muslims should be extra screened at airports. The British are quite weak too . I pray their country isnt taken over by foreigners . Imagine a muslim being the mayor of London. Sometimes when we allow things to fester its difficult to uproot. The new wave of nationalism spreading across the west should also ensure all mosques in the UK are brought down if churches cannot be fairly operated in these islamic countries..

12. Funmi

June 6, 2017 at 1:05 pm

The West went to Iran and Iraq killing them based on nothing
    They (West) claim they have weapon of mass destruction which they later found out it was false alarm….millions of people were killed because America and the rest of west want to be super power, they are developing all kinds of weapon to kill and destroyed others but no one else is allowed. Iran has lost millions of lives due to American and the rest of the West wanting to be supreme. Iran, Iraq, Syria and the rest in the region are predominantly Muslim so that is why it seems it because of religion……..Every leader in the Western world know this is not about religion but no one is saying the thruth. Yoruba ni ‘ko solododo’

Unfortunately is the innocent and the common people that is getting punished for the greed of these people. God will judge Bush agba and Bush kekere who turned the world into chaos.

• Osa

June 6, 2017 at 1:17 pm

What is this one saying?

• MO

June 6, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Amen, Funmi. Let Americans and other countries stay in their countries. Don’t go and bomb these people in their countries.

13. ijs

June 6, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Islam is said to be religion of peace but if you wipe islam off the face of the earth, there will be no terrorism i.e a more peaceful world.

14. Hamdalat

June 6, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Hmmmm, my heart breaks from reading all your comments…….are we not all the same, Christians condemning the faith of others and the Muslims refusing to acknowledge the truth here. First of all, I will like to say I am human, a female, an African, a Nigerian and a Muslim in that precise order and to tell the families of the victims and people of other faiths that I am sorry for this act that people who profess to practice the same religion as I do have carried out. Do I support or subscribe to the same ideology as theirs? NO! But as has been rightly pinpointed above in the comment section…..all the recent terrorist acts have been carried out by Muslims and this has to be acknowledged and worked on by the Muslims, it is not enough to say Islam is a religion of peace when some Muslims somewhere are there bombing indiscriminately chanting “Allah Akbar” It is not enough……..We should start by saying sorry and by working towards changing the orientation of the Muslims who have been radicalized. President Trump and America have every right to close their gates to Muslims with everything that has been happening, Christians have the right to want to protect themselves and stay away from Muslims with all that have been happening. But terrorism is a war against humanity and if this happens…..if this segregation happens then the enemy would have won……………..

15. ada

June 6, 2017 at 5:20 pm

getting rid of Ghadafi as bad as he is without a suitable plan left a wide gap in the govt that has been exploited. America never tut of that.. I totally support Trump and frankly he is saying the truth we all hide in our houses and say of extra security. mUSLIMS HAVE to look into islam and ask why are these vile verses still been preached?..if anyone watched jihad in the uk i was shocked how can u come into another country and demand sharia law?..quite shocking the guts these people have.. too much love has not helped anyone it will only get worse..Honest truth has to be bare and a reform must happen in islam because the average person is tired of the killing.

16. Bokun

June 6, 2017 at 6:02 pm

LMAO I know it’s serious Hummm Imma refrain from saying much but just to point out least we forget in 1998 trump said and I quote
    “If I were to run I’d run as a Republican, they are the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific”
    Just reading the ignorant comments here LMAO. That man is BOSS!!!!! he is sooo right!

• Diamond

June 6, 2017 at 6:11 pm

This post is not about Donald Trump’s election. Don’t deviate from the topic!

• Jigsaw

June 6, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Actually Bokun, that supposed statement has been debunked. Stop reading FAKE NEWS off Facebook

• Bokun

June 6, 2017 at 8:24 pm

OMD!!!!!! U guys LMAO, Diamond ur comments measure a ground shaking 8.9 on the Richter scale of stupidity. But keep the comments rolling ???? I’m reading them out to my colleagues on the ward , you complete utter nutter!!! ????. Jigsaw u trump zombie, your master got u trained and programmed to chant his oneliners on tap , here’s one for you # SAD. I’m done guys you niggerians won’t get me sacked. Thanks for the comic relief, specially u demon diamond.

• Osa

June 6, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Bokun your islamic stupidity and deluded brain will ot let you kee people in the ward

17. Marches

June 6, 2017 at 10:00 pm

[email protected] and your various avatars seems like you are saying all the crimes ever committed on earth have been done by Muslims. Wow that’s one hell of a provocative proclamation. You come across as angry and full of hate. The doctor who performed open heart surgery on my dad is a Muslim. My sons maths teacher is a Muslim. While you sit on your ass typing your filth some of the policemen risking there lives first on scene of the terrorist act were Muslims, I would first share bread with a Muslim than a hate filled troll like yourself. You are not a Christian. You preach pure hate and islamophobia. So quick to dig up evidence to support your twisted beliefs. You have no fate. God forgive me but I sincerely hope you choke on your venom.. God don’t like Ugly.

• Osa

June 8, 2017 at 3:18 am

Prove it hun! Liar liar pants on fire.

18. Olamidun

June 6, 2017 at 11:55 pm

To be fair , I have some amazing Muslim friends and they know exactly how I feel on this issue cuz this is just getting unbearable for the world. How comes whenever we hear of terrorism or some bomb blast or some mass killings , 99.9% muslims are always found in the mix. I mean if this religion is such a religion of peace, why are their actions proving otherwise. I don’t know wat is in the quaran but there must be something about this religion radicalising these muslims. I mean I don’t think I’ve ever heard on the news where a bunch of Christians have carried out these horrific acts claiming Jesus sent them. I know everybody likes to defend their religion but mehnn I’m getting tired of muslims trying to defend the undefendable. It’s affecting everybody . I get panic attacks wen I’m on the train when I see muslims dressed in their attire, especially when they are carrying some funny looking bag. Matter of fact I’ve gotten off some trains just because I get so scared something is gonna happen , especially on these London Underground trains. Please we are begging Islam , pleaseeee ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.