The Pirelli Calendar is an Annual publication known for its limited availability, as it is only given as a corporate gift to a restricted number of Pirelli customers and celebrities.
According to Wikipedia, appearance in the calendar has become a mark of distinction for those photographic models or celebrities who are chosen, as well as for the photographers commissioned to produce the images used.
This year’s calendar takes on an Alice in Wonderland theme with an all black cast of renowned artists from around the world, including Naomi Campbell, Whoopi Goldberg, Lil Yachty, Lupita Nyong’o, Sean Combs (P Diddy) amongst others.
The all-star cast for the calendar take on the following roles:
- Adwoa Aboah is Tweedledee
- Naomi Campbell and Sean “Diddy” Combs are The Royal Beheaders
- Slick Woods is The Madhatter
- Lupita Nyong’o is The Dormouse
- Whoopi Goldberg is The Royal Duchess
- Djimon Hounsou is The King of Hearts
- Ru Paul is The Queen of Hearts
- Adut Akech is The Queen of Diamonds
- Alpha Dia is the Five-Of-Hearts-Playing-Card Gardener
- King Owusu is the Two-Of-Hearts-Playing-Card Gardener
- Lil Yachty is The Queen’s Guard
- Thando Hopa is The Princess of Hearts
- Wilson Oryema is the Seven-Of-Hearts-Playing-Card Gardener
- Zoe Bedeaux is The Caterpillar
- Sasha Lane is The Mad March Hare
- Duckie Thot is Alice
The official calendar images won’t be available for several months, but Pirelli shared several behind-the-scenes looks on their website. www.pirelli.com
See the photos below
Photography: Tim Walker
Styling: Edward Enninful | @edward_enninful