News

How Policemen “robbed me at gunpoint” in Lagos – Twitter User

BellaNaija.com

A twitter user @lanaakintola has shared his sad experience with officers of the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) after they stopped him “for no reason”.

He told BellaNaija that he was stopped near a roundabout at Ogudu, Lagos at about 7.30PM.

He said the policemen accused him of being a fraudster after seeing a photo of Amber Rose on his phone, before extorting him of money.

Read the tweets below:

Twitter User shares Experience of how Nigerian Police Extorted Him Twitter User shares Experience of how Nigerian Police Extorted Him Twitter User shares Experience of how Nigerian Police Extorted Him

1. r

July 4, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Sorry about the experience. Not to defend the NPF, but was it a police car/van – plate numbers? As you did not get to the station, these might just be thieves in police clothing.

2. Ottawa Queen

July 4, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Those are armed robbers in disguise, not policemen! It’s unfortunate you were robbed.

3. Ezinne

July 4, 2017 at 2:32 pm

The police have no right to go through your phone or anyone’s phone for that matter. This stop n search phone thing has to stop. It just has to. WTF!
    That’s how I was stopped last Thursday and the man accused me of driving my sugar daddy’s car(Like it’s a crime for a woman to drive car without wedding ring). Why are you not married? he asked me? I said its God, I showed him my papers, he wouldn’t look at them, next thing, dude starts asking me to follow him to a hotel, he has 50k in his pocket and he will show me a nice time. I should leave my sugar daddy. WTF!!! I know these people are cray cray, so I kept my cool and kept smiling and saying no thank you, till he let me go. 50k kwa? me? Kai women have suffered sha.

4. witness

July 4, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Been a victim at ogudu before with their police men,they accuse everyone of yahoo and when you don’t have cash with you they follow you to atm to withdrawn,and yes these were real police men.

5. honey omo lekki

July 4, 2017 at 6:05 pm

They are police o.

They stopped my nephew too around ketu side. They accused him of being yahoo yahoo and asked for his phone. Fortunately for him , he was just coming from school (a private university where they don’t use phones) and he doesn’t have any phone on him.

They will wear bullet proof vest to hide their names.

6. Tosin

July 4, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Please share with the authorities + make formal reports so they can be punished.