News

“I want others to emulate me” – Governor Fayose says as son graduates from Nigerian University

BellaNaija.com

"I want others to emulate me" - Governor Fayose says as son graduates from Nigerian UniversityGovernor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti has called on political office holders and Nigerians to invest in the country’s education sector, expressing belief that a Nigerian university can one day emerge best in the world with proper funding.

Speaking with journalists at the 12th Convocation Ceremony of Covenant University, Ota, Ogun state, the governor said:

“I won’t condemn people for sending their wards to study abroad but I have always believed the best could be gotten here in Nigeria. During my first tenure as governor, I withdrew my sons from a private school (Olashore International School) to SPEB public primary school in Ekiti, an initiative of my then administration. My Sons graduated from Nigerian Universities, I want others to emulate me, we have the best here, we can choose to invest here.”

The governor who was at the ceremony, to celebrate with his son Oluwarogbayimika Fayose, who just graduated from the institution said: “We talk and do. Whatever we say is what we practice. Apart from the fact that none of children attended schools abroad, I have never traveled out of the country for Medicare.”

“Even though views of people like us might not be popular among the powers that be because we say the truth and act the truth, we won’t stop telling them what they do not like to hear and one of such is that the only way to improve the standard of education in the country is for children of holders of public office to experience what children of ordinary Nigerians are experiencing in schools in the country,” he said.

See photos from the ceremony below:

Photo Credit: Facebook – Lere Olayinka

1. Person pikin

July 22, 2017 at 11:00 am

WehdoneSir!
    But how much is Covenant Uni tuition fee again?

• nene+

July 22, 2017 at 11:43 am

What ever amount the school fees is, it is a Nigerian School! I put it to you that Ayo Fayose is more sincere than your MR. INTEGRITY DUO Osibanjo, Buhari et al.
      PDP people are real! The action speak louder than Change voice! Jonathan’s children school in Nigeria, Faith Jonathan graduated from University of Calabar.
      Yes the school fees per session is less than $2k. Why didn’t Buhari, Saraki, Osibajo send their children to Nigerian Universities?
      Come 2019 all these change liars from pit of help will be swept away.
      PDP☂!!! Power?!!!

• nene+

July 22, 2017 at 11:48 am

Mr INTEGRITY Buhari has rejected the services of Nigerians who work in the hospital he is being treated. He has rejected Nigerian born doctors, Nurses, cleaners in his London hospital and you are here asking foolish questions about Fayoses son? Mumu ….

• Ema

July 22, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Some people will never ever in a million years be satisfied. @person pickin i am talking to you.
      Becos u want to deviate from the messsage. The message across is that he is a patrotic man. Do u even know if schools like unilag offered his sin admissiin

• Bruno fiece

July 22, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Obviously because he doesn’t want them to know?/ leak his health status.

• Alex

July 22, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Granted! Tuition fee in Covenant University is expensive. But you should know that it is as expensive as tertiary institutions abroad. With the same amount of money he spent in CU as fees, he could have easily gotten his son enrolled into a university overseas. Yet, he chose to spend his money here unlike his counterparts. That, @Person pikin, my friend, is patriotic and worthy of emulation. Kpom!

• www.thelmathinks.com

July 22, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Kai! You can never please people. ?

• Mmesoma

July 22, 2017 at 8:06 pm

nene i pdp spokesman for BN..at least you have come out openly ..nice one… but i will not vote pdp or apc there are other parties which exist in this country thanks..

2. The Real Oma

July 22, 2017 at 11:17 am

This Fayose is playing with my emotions,
    I hate him one minute, i love him the next,
    LMAO

• Peyton

July 22, 2017 at 12:14 pm

He’s sha someone who does that a lot. Throwing shades everywhere. Even though one is tempted. To say it’s for political gain

• John Doe

July 22, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I swear, it’s not only you ???. This is very applaudable.

3. Olori

July 22, 2017 at 11:40 am

Mumu man. Mscheew. These thieving politicians should please gerrarahere!

• Diamond

July 22, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Why the unwarranted insult na? Haba!.

• Osa

July 22, 2017 at 4:49 pm

Bellanaija will not delete this comment o. Its my own innocent remark that they will be deleting

4. Anon

July 22, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Smoke and mirrors.

5. Sunny

July 22, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Waoooo this Man gov. fayose is a man full of patrotism and passion for Nigerians and a man of actions, i celebrate him and his son this day

6. Iou

July 22, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Trust me the son will be put on the next plane to do a masters abroad

• Chi

July 22, 2017 at 2:56 pm

And so?….atleast his B.sc (4 to 5 yrs) was done here…jeez, u can never please some people

7. Chi

July 22, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Na men, this fayose get height and hugeness wellla

• Anon

July 22, 2017 at 3:24 pm

He’s not exceedingly tall. Oyedepo is vertically challenged.

8. Favour

July 22, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Why can’t people read between the lines, where your heart is, is where your treasure lies, some people can spend so much money on their children to school abroad while they live averagely with one car or two and a moderate house till all children graduate while some prefer to squander money on adulterous life and political ambitions rather than spend much money on children’s school fees, some will build mansions and cars while ghetto selfishly send their children to public schools. It’s all matter of choices and what your treasures are. Where are his cars from , where does he shop, where is fayose’s shoes and clothes from, why can’t he put on Nigerian atire like buhari does to his son ‘s graduation to show loyalty to his roots. Let’s quit pretence and continue to pray for our country and seek peace . On the last day each person including me will give account of what they did on earth with their positions , opportunities , wealth and resources that God gave to me. Let’s all be obedient to God, obey your good conscience and do good. So that on the last day your creator will say welldone my true and faithful servant, son or daughter

9. a

July 22, 2017 at 6:01 pm

fayose dey lie why now….

10. Oohlala

July 22, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Lol. When did he withdrew his son’s from Olashore?
    Not the first 2, he didn’t. They also went to school abroad. And wasn’t that his first tenure?
    Something isn’t adding up in this story.

11. Gene

July 22, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Excuse me, when Fayose’s passport was seized during his federal high court matter after he was impeached, he brought an application for release of his passport for him to go for medicals abroad and the application was granted. So go figure…

12. Hmmm

July 22, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Liar!!!! Your son Oluwalonigba schooled in the UK. He didn’t do well but schooled in the UK.

13. Honey

July 23, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Fayose got this right at least for once *my opinion tho* One of his son was actually my classmate during my masters programme in UNILAG.