News

I have been framed – British Airways Stewardess says as she’s Sacked

BellaNaija.com

I have been framed - British Airways Stewardess says as she's Sacked - BellaNaijaJoanne Wickenden, the British Airways stewardess who posted on Snapchat a rant about Nigerian passengers has been sacked.

According to Daily Mail, BA, after a 2-hour meeting with Wickenden, released a statement saying:

She no longer works for British Airways. ​We expect the utmost professionalism from our staff when they are representing British Airways.

23-year-old Wickenden told friends that the video was only a joke, adding: “I am not a racist.”

However, she told Daily Mail that she was framed, and her co-workers egged her on to say what she said.

I have been framed by another BA employee. They were encouraging me, egging me on to say things. They were recording me and sent it around to our friends.

A friend of Wickenden also claimed colleagues wanted her to impersonate what went on in the flight, which was why she made the video.

“I don’t want to fly anymore,” Wickenden said.

1. gozie

September 27, 2017 at 10:41 am

I love my country .nobody joke with us and getaway with it.

• Pat

September 27, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Lol jokestar

• Cozygal

September 27, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Our leaders joke with us and get away with it. It’s only foreigners we shout down at. At home, we are toothless bulldogs

• Elle

September 27, 2017 at 4:05 pm

@cozygal
      I don’t understand this kind of funny logic people like you apply, so basically because we have been taking shit as a country, we SHOULD CONTINUE to take shit?

• jade

September 27, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Nigerians there’s nothing to be proud of at times. Learn and work on yourselves. I wish this same oversabi attitude can be applied to your leaders, where you don’t tolerate insult and nonsense. But no, y’all sit around and get played like football since independence but want to be forming tough to others. who’s the bigger joke here? Nigerians.
      This hostess should take responsibility for what she said. Own up to your actions and not blame others for it. It’s her opinion.

I swear flights to Nigeria is a whole different cinema. Nigerians can be overly aggressive, rude and annoyingly demanding at times. Some naijas who think anyone who is serving them is automatically their slave and feel entitled to use him/her anyhow. Food brings out the worst in Nigerians, even at weddings, parties people turn into monsters. Food meant for guests at the party is all gone before the majority of the guests arrive. only because few people decide to take more than one plate, go for several rounds, do takeaway for the next generation. I mean it’s just unnecessary and a very selfish attitude. It’s a flight, not buka even at restaurants you can’t order and eat up the whole menu.

• Cozygal

September 27, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Elle, it’s not a funny logic. I don’t think a service provider should be rude to a client no matter what. If the client is even being idiotic, then file a formal report. But like I said, with our leaders we take nonsense all the time, and we are toothless bulldogs. Simples.

2. Ephi

September 27, 2017 at 10:42 am

Whatever happened to taking personal responsibility for your actions? “They were encouraging you, egging you on to say things”, to the extent that they entered your mouth to talk. Foolish girl.

That is the problem I have with the “blame culture” in some of these Western countries, trip on pavement whilst focusing on your phone instead of where you are going, the next thing is to sue the council, an employee doesn’t do his/her work and gets sacked, the next thing is so sue the company. Rubbish.

3. Moniker

September 27, 2017 at 11:32 am

She no know say Nigerians head strong. I pity her small. She has learnt the hard way. BA can’t risk Nigerians boycotting them cause of her mouth. The Nigerian fighters like @Nahum can now sleep. Because Nigeria is better

• anon

September 27, 2017 at 9:38 pm

But what she said is true. She was just stupid to video it and posted it came out on social media. Some Nigerian are very rude and lack manners. You’ll explain a situation to them and they’ll still act as if they are sick in the head. Why would you demand for something someone told you they no longer have? And to top their mannerless attitude, they won’t have the courtesy to say please or thank you.

4. passingby

September 27, 2017 at 11:45 am

Well back to the Dole and jeremy kyle trash class were she belongs. Idiotic woman

5. Lol

September 27, 2017 at 12:13 pm

I was on a virgin Atlantic flight and Nigerian passengers were very aggressive and shouting – I think permissible but to other cultures can be counted as rude, uncouthed and regressive. She is clearly unlucky and superficial in her thought process with unsupportive colleagues!

6. joy ishola

September 27, 2017 at 3:25 pm

She is a scape goat that knows too much.

7. Baba Tunde

September 27, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Im and african you will never take my life.

8. Cozygal

September 27, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Bella…. 3 different avatars in one day? Nagode.