News

Chime’s Family says he was Probably Poisoned | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

Chime's Family says he Didn't Drink or Use Drugs, and Was Probably Poisoned | WATCH - BellaNaijaChime Amaechi, who was found dead in the same car with Olugbemiga Abiodun, also known as DJ Olu, may have been poisoned, his family says.

In an exclusive interview with TheNET, the family said Chime was not a drug user.

Chime’s father said:

My late son was not a drug user. Like me he didn’t even drink and when he did, it was always in very small quantities.

He was a level-head, nice human being. Even when he left school and started business, he would always let me know his next line of action, so I am surprised that these lies are being spread about him.

Chime is not that type of person. If you see drug addicts, they don’t think straight most times. Chime is not like that.

Punch had earlier reported that a source told them hard drugs were found in the car, and both Chime and DJ Olu were found bleeding through their noses and mouths.

They also reported that the Lagos State Police Commissioner, Egdar Imohimi, corroborated the story that drugs were found in the car.

But Chime’s father, speaking to NET, said:

I spoke to the DPO of Ikoyi Police Station when I saw the Punch story and he said investigations were still ongoing and there’s no way that can be correct.

They even got the age wrong: they said he’s 25. My son that I gave birth to is just 23. He was 23 in February. We just want justice to be done.

Sopulu Amaechi, Chime’s sister, said she suspects that the two friends were poisoned. She said her brother was not a drug user.

“Chime was not that kind of person, I have seen addicts and I know how they act.

My brother or DJ Olu were definitely not addicts.

You see, addicts are always fidgeting, their account of what they do is not constant. Chime was always coherent. I never suspected his moves because he confided in me.

So how would they say he overdosed on drugs? Nobody is asking for the name of the place they went to eat, neither are they asking if he was poisoned.

I am convinced that this was a case of poisoning or sabotage, because I know my brother,” she said.

She added that she suspected the poisoning is connected to a business deal her brother and DJ Olu were negotiating with the Oyo State Government.

“My belief is that it was something connected to his business. Him and Olu were negotiating a deal with the Oyo State Government and he had just arrived from Ibadan.

The person who reviewed the CCTV footage told us they saw someone drop something in their car and the person left. They should tell us who that person is,” she added.

Watch the video below:

DJ Olu’s family had earlier released a statement saying that lies are being spread in the media adding that the autopsy conducted will be released to the public as soon as it is ready.

1. ada

October 10, 2017 at 8:09 pm

I beg to differ…. not all addicts fidget .. some drug users are sharper than the average person. instead of granting interviews, the family should concentrate on an autopsy report or a toxicology report at least.

2. OneDayAtATime

October 10, 2017 at 8:46 pm

Lord, please grant their family and loved ones peace. Lord, grant them strength until they meet their beloved again. Uphold and protect them in their time of need, Lord.

Such a scary and shocking story. Pray for Nigeria. Please, take it easy guys.

3. Ottawa Queen

October 10, 2017 at 11:07 pm

I knew there was more to this story. With the state they found them it’s obviously like poison.

4. tisktisk

October 11, 2017 at 4:53 am

im sorry but there are too many dead people connected to Davido, 30 billion for the account ooo

5. Jide

October 11, 2017 at 7:52 am

I suspect foul play but it’s very possible for young people to use drugs without the knowledge of their parents. Drug users don’t display the symptoms these people have described unless things get very bad. And you don’t have to be an addict to have a bad reaction to drugs. That said, it’s clear there’s more going on here.

• RIFF RAFF

October 11, 2017 at 11:14 am

Not only that….you know our families, blood is thicker than water things. Even if the family suspected something, do you think they will come out and “expose their own blood”?
      In order to protect the memory of the deceased, they will deny all the allegations.

Who wants to have “the family of the drug user” tag ? Your family name will be used as an example whenever there is a warning against drug use “you want to end up like the person of so and so family”?

That burden is not easy to carry; The families of those 2 guys will only keep on denying every allegation.
      Kids, let this be a lesson,: You carry your family’s name wherever you go. Your actions will definitely impact your family’s name.

6. P

October 11, 2017 at 10:54 am

bellanaija how difficult was it to watch the interview and comprehend all that was said there. She said her brother did not smoke nor drink, where did she say same about Olu. This is a sensitive issue so watch what you post and verify your info

• oversabi

October 11, 2017 at 12:54 pm

isn’t what they said positive? would u rather they said he did? pls go away

7. Truth-Teller

October 11, 2017 at 1:19 pm

I’m not for a second trying to rule anything out because I was not there, but if we want to be objective and logical what are the odds that 2 people both overdose on drugs at exactly the same time next to each other? Not very likely to me. I heard a carbon monoxide theory as well, so what are the odds of 2 people also passing out at the same time without one trying to help the other, also not very likely. What is plausible to me is that this is some form of intentional poisoning meant to kill both young men.

These guys were both a beacon of entrepreneurship and motivation that we should be proud of in a time where Nigerian youth are misguided and frustrated. Lets treat them with the dignity and respect they deserve. May their souls continue to rest in peace.

• tunmi

October 11, 2017 at 6:45 pm

TF? It is logical IF they were both shooting up or snorting or smoking or whatever the hell…

Abeg abeg, let’s wait for autopsy.

• Dele

October 12, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Members of a family have all been killed at the same time from inhaling Carbon Monoxide, so your theory of one not helping the other doesn’t work

8. Ej

October 11, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Hmmm oyo state government + davido + cctv saw someone drop something in the car and left + drugs found in car + both dead at the same time + no sign of struggle hmmmmmm Bella naija post my comment o

9. Magick

October 22, 2017 at 12:49 am

RIP Chime. I referred to him as a clock Chime. We spent quality time together. There would never be a proper autopsy as we lack the technological advancement. Whoever the perpetrator is remember we all gonna die someday. There’s no way they’d be bleeding from their nose if there wasn’t a cannister as I’m unsure how to react to this because I know the case would be swept under the carpet. I just talked to Mr UNILAG a while back and he mentioned how you were doing OK. Rest in the bosom of the Lord my friend till we meet to part no more.

My heartfelt condolences to the family